• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gs3 Plot

#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

This is the topic for all speculation about a story for a future GS3. It's more than just having a bunch of Adepts having to face some new "evil" that arises in Weyard. Who would the protagonists and antagonists be? What are their motives? Could a possible third group of characters (not either the good or the bad guys) exist? Would it be a direct continuation of the storyline in the first two games, or would the game occur in an alternate time period - if so, how have things changed?

Speculation and fleshed-out ideas, or just random thoughts, are welcome. Enjoy.

#2   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
      • Group: Moderator
      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

Well, first thing. With Alchemy unleashed in the world again the continents would have started drifting again. To use this idea, the game would have to take hundreds, maybe a thousand years from the original game. This means completely new characters, new locations, and new towns, though some of the old towns could exist I guess. For nostalgia.

Other than that, I can't speculate any plot... anything could happen in GS3.

#3   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
        • Group: Veterans
        • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:06 AM

If the game was hundreds or even a thousand years in the future, some characters could still be alive. I know it's a bit farfetched, but maybe Isaac could still be alive because of the powers he received from the Golden Sun. Maybe Sheba could also still live, since she had been sent from the skies, and could turn out to be a kind of goddess or something. Possibly even Piers, what with him being Lemurian and all. And Alex, who has many powers nobody knows of and has part of the Golden Sun within him.

#4   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:39 PM

Yeah, I guess Isaac should still be alive. I mean, omigod he got powerful from... the Mars Star right? With that said, we should learn what exactly it did to him.

#5   water adept 

• Squire
          • Pip
            • Group: Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

I hope. If there is one it better explain what happends at the end of Golden sun 2 if you remember the last word by the enemy was "why" then it freezes both characters stop talking for like 3 seconds and then I don't wanna spoil the ending. :blink:

#6   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:15 PM

I'm not trying to be offensive here, but I don't understand what you said.

#7   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                • AKA escout

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:34 PM

I know this is a bump, but I just thought of a possible idea for a GS3 plot. You play as Alex and you're on a quest of atonement for the bad things you did in trying to take the Golden Sun's power for yourself. And you do this by having to protect the world from some new evil...

Well, the idea sounded better when it first occurred to me.

#8   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:03 AM

So he suddenly has a change of heart and says to himself, "I'm bad, I should go on a quest so I'm not so bad"???

I guess that could work...

#9   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                    • Group: Admin

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:14 AM

^ Well, there's something about being confronted with The Wise One and falling into a collapsing mountain that might change some people's perspective on life.

#10   Aquamarine 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Niko Bellic

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:31 PM

Yeah, the other day when I battled the Wise One and had a mountain collapse over me I began thinking about my evil deeds.

#11   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                        • AKA Darksword

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:29 PM

I sounds interesting, but if they do that, and make Alex a silent protagnonist like in the other games, I put off buying it for like, an hour. Alex is way too much of an interesting charecter.

#12   Moonear 

• Disciple
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

If Camelot goes by the plot of their other games, alex won't be the main character. It'll be some earth adept. I personally want to see some fresh faces with the old characters in the background somewhere.

#13   Wild Fox 

• Lord
                          • PipPipPipPip
                            • Interests:The list of things that I think are awesome but other people probably think are lame: <br /><br />Zombies. <br />Pinot Noir. <br />Owls. <br />Cross-stitching. <br />The Ocean. <br />Starting IVs. <br />Starting an IV on you. <br />Cuddling. <br />Eating Guacamole with a Spoon. <br />Mechanical Pencils. <br />My Dancing Skills. <br />Monopoly. <br />Free HBO.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:48 PM

I'm feeling something to do with the whole Anemos Sanctum and the big hole in the ground by the Jupiter lighthouse. That thing is HUGE. Why wouldn't they address it? Also, what's inside the Anemos Sanctum and why can't we get inside the main chamber-y place? I think they must have left these big holes (pun intended) in the plot for the next game.

But that's just me.

#14   R-dog 

• Lord
                            • PipPipPipPip
                              • Interests:Gah, I'm too lazy/busy to put something here right now. I'll come up with something eventually.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:56 PM

Actually, you can get into the main chamber if you use Teleport on the circle-thing in the middle of Contigo. But still, they didn't address the hole.

I think it would be cool if the story was set fifteen years or so in the future. Then, characters like Eoleo and that baby in Contigo could be playable. She has a name, but I forgot what it was.

#15   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                                • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                                • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:02 PM

Well, I can't remember if it was speculation or not, but that one city (it was mentioned by Moapa) that used to be where the huge pit was is the place where all wind adepts origionated. It somehow detached itself and flew around, supoosedly becomming the moon. Anyway, that's where sheba came from. She fell from the flying city. And that's the explanation for the huge hole in the ground.

#16   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:30 PM

The hole thing seems like a possible theme to the story, since it seems to be realy important

#17   Wild Fox 

• Lord
                                  • PipPipPipPip
                                    • Interests:The list of things that I think are awesome but other people probably think are lame: <br /><br />Zombies. <br />Pinot Noir. <br />Owls. <br />Cross-stitching. <br />The Ocean. <br />Starting IVs. <br />Starting an IV on you. <br />Cuddling. <br />Eating Guacamole with a Spoon. <br />Mechanical Pencils. <br />My Dancing Skills. <br />Monopoly. <br />Free HBO.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

A plot somehow linking Sheba's past to the hole and the flying city, etc. would be good. And I'm referring to the doors that the little dude is standing in front of when you walk onto the main screen. (Forgive me, it's been ages since I've actually played :silence: )

One more thing! After defeating the serpent on Izumo, Susa's girlfriend (Kushinada?) talks about having his baby and such and naming him Takeru? Another potential lead...

#18   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                      • Location:Sky Haven, the island in the sky
                                      • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                                      • AKA escout

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

I know exactly what you're talking about. Go to the center of town where the Teleport symbol is and use teleport. It will put you inside Anemos. But to go farther, you need ALL the Dijini from both games. Then you get to enter and instanly obtain a sumon, then fight your way through to what is considered by many to be the hardest boss battle in the game, even harder the the final boss. You beat him, and that is where the best summon is, Isis, or something like that. Does crazy damage and fully heals ALL your characters. Makes the last boss battle atop Mars Lighthouse a lot easier. This post should probalby get moved, or at least copied to, the help section for GS2.

#19   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:02 PM

Its either the hole, or the next generation of Adepts. Takeru, Eoleo, uhh, and whatever sons/daughters Isaac and Jenna (or Mia, if you like Mudshipping) and Garet and Mia (again, whatever you think) have. It would be nice to see some new people in the game, but still keeping the older charecters in it too.

#20   golden tla owner 

• Squire
                                        • Pip
                                          • Interests:i love gaming , but my biggest ♥ is tree climbing. i climb at least one a day!

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:26 AM

maybe someone else could have been there when the golden sun beemed down and absorbed the power instead of alex , thats why alex was so weak. or the new game could be called "alex's revenge" thats my idea he could seek out isaac and felix for a fight , i dunno

#21   Saiph Charon 

• Squire
                                          • Pip
                                            • Interests:games, future, drawing, music, debating, science, drinking water, breathing.......

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:19 PM

View PostWind Dude, on Aug 28 2007, 05:47 PM, said:

Well, first thing. With Alchemy unleashed in the world again the continents would have started drifting again. To use this idea, the game would have to take hundreds, maybe a thousand years from the original game. This means completely new characters, new locations, and new towns, though some of the old towns could exist I guess. For nostalgia.

Other than that, I can't speculate any plot... anything could happen in GS3.

Actually, with alchemy unleashed the continents stopped drifting.

i see 2 eligible possibilities for a new GSgame plot:
                                            -near future (10% chance of happening IMO)
                                            the kids (like eoleo etc) are the new playable adepts

but i cant really imagine any story that would disrupt the afterGS2 world so much that a game around it would be worth making (especially if compared to the 2nd option) =/

i mean, in GS2 it's an ovious happy END of story to me
                                            wise men sealed psynergy at the lost age of men (because people abused it). the wise one was put into mt.aleph to stop anyone from unleashing alchemy, after they predicted that if it gets unleashed the same would happen again. but all this without knowing that it will slowly kill earth.

but the wise one found this out and (he had alot of time for thinking anyway) thought up a test which would solve this problem, by giving the stone of sages to a group of thrustworthy good people, which would take care of alchemy getting never abused again.

-far past (to me the more logical option)
                                            psynergy unleashed, weyard full of adepts, civilisations on a higher level of technology (all based on psynergy of course) and everything other existing at the lost age of men some years/centuries before psynergy gets sealed.

here the number of possible stories is endless

like you'd be playing the smart people who saw that psynergy is to dangerous for this world
                                            the obvious objectives here would be: steal ele. stars from the lighthouses, hide them in a safe place
                                            alot of old stuff could be explained here (a scene where anemos city aka moon lifts into the sky, to get independent and live in peace on its own etc)
                                            and even more new stuff invented to the story

if u remember at the times of GS2 a guy from camelot said something like: "these 2 games where just the introduction to the GS world, the real event is still waiting to happen"
                                            such a sentence IMO destroys the idea of a not greater story happening after GS2 time (i mean like some ppl say, 4 new adepts some story involving alex and such....)

peace and love =)

Page 1 of 1
                                            • You cannot start a new topic
                                            • You cannot reply to this topic