Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

.hack Sign, Root, G.U ect.

#1   Xelina 

• Berserker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:57 PM

I had been a big fan of .Hack for a while now, and I am proud to say, I FINALLY GOT MY HANDS ON .HACK GU3~<3

I personally love the game because of it's unique game play and story lines. and this is one of the only title that I have fellow through it's book, movies, anime, and games.

So what you guys think of this game/anime/book?

btw, here are the titles for all of their products.

.hack///sign
    .hack///game (first 4)
    .hack///dawn
    .hack///Legend of Twilight
    .hack///Another View
    .hack/// AI busters I and II
    .hack///Roots
    .hack///XXXX (pronounced 4X)
    .hack///Gift
    .hack///G.U.

#2   Eugine 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:44 PM

I always wanted to try the .hack games for PS2. They seem so interesting and unique. Unfortunately I haven't played any.

I think it was the .hack series that influenced me in my .eugine phase...

#3   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
        • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
        • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:53 PM

I've watched a few episodes of some .hack anime series REALLY early in the morning some time during the summer. I was working on some project on the PC downstairs and I saw this on TV, so I decided to take a look. It was interesting, but I never really got into it. I'd like to try some of the games, but I don't have a PS2.

#4   Laharl 

• Banned
          • Interests:research it
          • AKA Dullahan

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:26 PM

i got about halfway through Outbreak before realising it was EXACTLY the same as Infection, some good ideas, just wasnt pulled off as well as it could have been.

Watched Sign, twas quite good, Roots sucked though

G.U. looks quite good, need a step down convertor to be able to play it though

#5   Xelina 

• Berserker
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:Anime: Trinity Blood, Bleach, and Samurai Champloo.<br />Manga: Xxx Holic, X/ 1999, and Dragon Knights<br />Game: Final Fantasy VII, .Hack GU, KH II, [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]<br />---------------------<br />Favorite Characters: Sephiroth, Vincent, Leon/Squall, [b]JADE CURTISS[/b]<br />Favorite Online Game: RO<br />Favorite Colors: Blue, Purple, Black, Green<br />Favoirte Music: J-pop, Rock, Metal, J-rock, Pop.<br />Favorite all time artist: CLAMP<br />Favorite Band: System of a Down<br />Favorite Song: Kiss by a Rose, Sail (sp?)<br />Favorite Food: Chocolate<br />Favorite Word: Pie<br />---------------------<br />Total RPC: 5<br /><br />Names of RPC:<br /><br />Yuki Shadow (F)<br />Fay W. Sabakura (M)<br />Black Cat (F)<br />White Cat (M)<br />Fionn (M)

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:07 PM

@Engine: Well .hack GU is pretty sweet compared to the old ones, so I would suggest playing GU. Unless you can take the bad graphic and poor design the first series offers.

@Dude of Wind: Well the battle system is the same, with bonus features added on to each new games, if you play it, you'll probably play for the plot then the system after the first 2 games. Besides, GU has some of the best crack ending I have ever seen, and also, it seems to feature most of the voice actors from the Tales of series.

@Larhal: Nice sig. Anyway, yea, it is pretty much the same battle system, but the story plot is really intruding. In GU, you get a card game, can 'download' pictures, view the new... ect. if it you are really in their world. It is so different from the first four with graphic over haul and more contents... I love it~ <3

#6   Drizzy Drake 

• God
              • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:17 PM

The Hack series were one of the few RPG games lately that have had a story that has made me go WTF(in a good way).

Currently playing the GU series.

#7   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:08 PM

So um. I am about 12 hours into GU Vol.1 Rebirth. And aparently, the bug/hack/f**ked up thing that is killing players and putting people in comas is
                Spoiler

#8   Xelina 

• Berserker
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:57 PM

Alright Let me explain to you why Kite is there and fudged up as a zombie.

*SPOILER*

Because of the Fire on CCCorp. The data of 'The World' has to be merge with another game's data to keep 'The World' alive. However, due to the sudden switch and fire, much data was lost. Some of the data would be Aura's Core data and function of 'The World'. With out Aura, 'The World R:2' Began to fall apart and black virus called 'AIDA' began to appear. Aura, with her semi-consciousness, created 3 Knights to fight AIDA. They take the appearance of Kite, Balmung, and Orca because they were the original .hackers but also her close friend. However, because of the fire, the data was messed up so they ended up Zombie look alike. Kite however is NOT the real Tri-edge. He was merely a de-bugger of the system created by Aura to protect herself from AIDA. Hence Kite is always trailing behind an aftermath of AIDA's attack. Haseo merely assumed Kite is Tri-edge after seeing Kite appear after AIDA attacked Shino. Notice during the first game that Haseo did not go into a coma, rather he was reset to lvl 1. Kite's data drain only set the data back to it's beginning mode while AIDA completely mess it up and infect the player with putrefied emotions.

*END SPOILER*

Anymore questions?

:ph34r:

#9   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:54 AM

Ya, that makes alot of sense.
                    Spoiler

I am now on Remenise(sp?). Just about to battle, the sketched out AIDA, Kestrel girl, in the Holy Pallace. Can't remember her name.

Ok, so
                    Spoiler

#10   Xelina 

• Berserker
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

*spoiler*

Kite in GU is only an AI created by Aura. The real 'Kite' quit The World. He didn't turn evil, he just looks evil because he is the bits of data that Aura had of the player Kite put together.

BTW, I must stress this... KITE IS NOT EVIL! ^_^

*end*

#11   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

Spoiler

#12   Xelina 

• Berserker
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:45 PM

Rememeber, he looks like that due to not haveing a 'real player' behind him. Kite Data Drained Haseo because Haseo gotten the lvl 133 power illegally, hence he was affected by ADIA to a sertain extent.

#13   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:54 AM

Oh ok. That makes alot mroe sense. But wait, how is it that Hasseo made it to lvl 133 illegally? He did it in 6 months, and palyed alot, so how was it illegal?

#14   Xelina 

• Berserker
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:42 PM

If you finish watching .Hack Roots , You'll understand.

#15   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

Spoiler

Xelina, I don't want you to spoil anything major for me but could you answer a couple questions?

-Does Shinoh come out of her coma and appear in The World?
                                -Do you get to use Orca or Balmung as party members?
                                -Is Kite really dead? I mean, Orca through one of his blades in front of Hasseo, but it didn't tell you much more than that.
                                -Does the mystery of the Key Of Twilight(I beleive that's what it's called. They haven't mentioned it since Vol.1) get solved?

#16   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

-Does Shinoh come out of her coma and appear in The World?
                                  -Do you get to use Orca or Balmung as party members?
                                  -Is Kite really dead? I mean, Orca through one of his blades in front of Hasseo, but it didn't tell you much more than that.
                                  -Does the mystery of the Key Of Twilight(I beleive that's what it's called. They haven't mentioned it since Vol.1) get solved?

1) Shino does not awaken until the very end of .hack GU.
                                  2) Yes you do, after you beat the game, same goes with Shino and the cat girl from roots.
                                  3) Kite is only an AI, he can't die, he just got fragmented.
                                  4) Yes it does, it is an emotion. The cheesiest one you got.

#17   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

1. GAYYYYY!!! Hmm, I wonder if some love triangle thing goes on between Hasseo, Shinoh and Atoli. :o.

2. Mia is her name. SHe was the cat on Endrance's arm when he was all sketched out. Alot of call backs to the original series. Piros The Third is another call back. God, I hated him in the original.

3. DAMN OVAN. I wanted Kite and Hasseo to team up. :(.

4. Huh?

5.Do they even try and explain who Pyhbloo(I think that's how you spell it) is, or do they jsut expect you to watch Roots?

6. Is there any real point to get those Adler Key's weapons, or are they just really strong.

7. Who is the final Epitaph user?

8. Damn, I wanna ask who created AIDA, and why Ovan is being all evil, but then still telling Hasseo to get stronger, but I won't, because I don't want it spoiled.

9. So when I finished the game, it showed the preview for Vol.3, and Hasseo was saying some about finding something. He's like "oh my god, it's ?" and I can't exactly remember what he said. If you could even remotely remember, could you tell me what that "? thing" is.

Ha, sorry for asking so many questions, just this is the only game that has had me REALLY into it in a while.

They MUST make a third series, or, :(, a MMORPG of .Hack. If they did that I would buy it in a second.

#18   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

1. Depends on who's ending you got. Either way, Shino likes someone else. :3

2. No Mia died when they extracted her for her Morgena Factor.

3. They will, but Kite only be an AI.

4. L-O-V-E

5.He is a mentor of Haseo in Root. It was through him Haseo began to 'grow'. He was like a father figure to Haseo. In the anime you learn that he died.

6. They are the best weapon for the user.

7. Yata

8. AIDA appeared from the absents of Aura. No one knows who created it.

9. No clue, more detail please.

I do totally agree with you. I want more .hack damn it. <3

#19   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:29 AM

1. ;)

2. Oh I thoguht you said cat girl from the original .Hack. I know who you mean now. She was given cat shoes in the first episode right?

3. Right on.

4. Meh

5. That's cool. And apperently, Antares knew him in RL.

6. Alrighty.

7. I kinda guessed that, but I wasn't sure. Fighting him will be fun, if it happens.

8. **** eh.

9. Nvm then. That's really the best I could explain it.

10. I jsut realised, Kite is voiced by the same personm who did Izzy in Digimon.

#20   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

XD You just did?

He is also the voice actor for Luke and Asch from Tales of the Abyss~<3

Here is more same voice actors from the game.

Saku- Anise
                                          Enderence- Dist
                                          Kuhn- Guy
                                          Anteres- Jade

Isn't that awesome?

#21   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:37 AM

Well I hadn't played the originals in a while, and because I can't yet find Vol.3, I went back and started Infection all over again, and what do you know. IZZZYYYYY.

That's preatty awseome. But yes, I checked 2 EB's, and one Future Shop, and NOPE NO FREAKING VOL.3!!

I might just Amazon it. It's weird playing Infection after play the G.U games. I'm mad though that since I couldn't put my PS2 memory card data onto my PS3, I never got to see those special Emails you get from save data.

#22   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:55 AM

D'aw!

But I'm pretty sure you can find the emails online.

Huh? I can find vol. 3 just fine. Infact ther so several in my Game Stop and Best Buy!

#23   Fritzy 

• Knight
                                              • PipPip
                                                • Group: Banned

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:53 AM

I've only played the original series, how are the G.U games compared to .Hack?

Do they take place in the same "World" as the originals, or is it an interily new series?

#24   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                  • Location:Look behind you~ &gt;3

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:40 PM

Well, let just say that G.U rocks more the first seirse.

It still takes place in the world but now it is called The World R:2 because a fire destroy most of The World's data.So they took what was left of 'The World' merge it with another game and called it 'The World R:2'.

It got a huge Graphic overhaul, and with more characters, a few returns, like Kite, Balmung, Orca, Piros, and Ninsume. You play as Haseo, and you have the abillity to summon an 'Avatar' called Skith. :3

The Battle systems also improved and it has a more dark story plot. :3

#25   Fritzy 

• Knight
                                                  • PipPip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

Sounds great. Too bad it will be shorter, seeing as it has only 3 parts, insted of 4.

How can it get darker than it already was :P. Can you still data drain, because that was definetly one of my favourite parts of the original series?

Also, by Skith, do you perhaps mean Skeith, the creature who coma'd Orca in Infection?

#26   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                      • Location:Fuck you stalker
                                                      • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:25 PM

View PostXelina, on Mar 9 2008, 10:55 AM, said:

D'aw!

But I'm pretty sure you can find the emails online.

Huh? I can find vol. 3 just fine. Infact ther so several in my Game Stop and Best Buy!

Nowhere I check seems to have it. Oh well. I'll keep searching untill I find it. I am getting soo into the story.

#27   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                        • Location:Sky Haven, the island in the sky
                                                        • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                                                        • AKA escout

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

I've considered this game for a while, can someone tell me the order that the games are in so I can start playing them in order.

#28   Fritzy 

• Knight
                                                        • PipPip
                                                          • Location:Toronto, Ontario

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

The games have Pt. 1/2/3/4 right on them.

1-Infection
                                                          2-Can't find it atm.
                                                          3-Mutation
                                                          4-Quaranten(probably butchered that)

They are well worth the money you will spend will spend on them. I think you will have to order them over the internet though, becasue they stopped releasing them a while ago. Unless of course you can find used copies of all four games.

#29   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                                                            • Joined: 29-April 07
                                                            • Location:Sky Haven, the island in the sky
                                                            • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
                                                            • AKA escout

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:44 PM

I know some of them are at gamestop. but aren't there more then four titles?

#30   Fritzy 

• Knight
                                                            • PipPip
                                                              • Joined: 09-March 08
                                                              • Location:Toronto, Ontario

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

There are four titles in the original series, and there are three in the G.U series. So really, there are 7 games overall.

From what I gather, you should play the original series first, because some stuff is carried over into the G.U games.

They are definetly some of the best RPG's on the PS2.

#31   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                • Joined: 21-December 07
                                                                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:15 PM

Wait a minute. Sora...is Haseo!!!? That's interesting. Hmm. Also, a thing I don't get, is when Kuhn and Yata and them see Kite, they don't remember him. I know Sora's memory of the World R:1 was erased, but Yata's and Kuhn's weren't. What in the hell.

#32   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                  • Joined: 18-January 07
                                                                  • Gender:Female

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

Kuhn is not from W:1, as for Yata, he might already know but doesn't want to acknowledges or realize it is not the real kite. Wisemen is sneaky like that. Also did you know Enderence is Elk?

#33   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                    • Posts: 8,290
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

I knew about the Endrance/Elk thingymabob. The one thing that I don't get is how he turned from a never talk, depressed Elk, to a never shut up, freakishly obsessed with Hasseo, talks like a William Shatner Endrance.

And ya, I'm preatty sure I read on the official forums one of the mods talknig abotu Kuhn being in R:1, but I could be mistaken.

And as for Yata. You'd think he would ahve atleast reacted a TINY bit upon seeing Kite and them, but NOOOO, he jsut stands there like the annoying never-get-to-the-point man he is.

#34   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                      • Posts: 436

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:00 PM

After Mia left Elk heart broken, he became a hermit and never came out of his room. He truest no one but himself, but it is Haseo who brought him out of depression. I guess Haseo just replaced Mia in Elk's eyes. XD

#35   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

....so he became a f@ggot? Jk. That does make sense though.

#36   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:44 PM

Oh and cause after Elk became a hermit he found and raised a cat that he named Mia and one day it got road killed. Lovely isn't it?

#37   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

He's still a little gay..

xD. They should make a third series. Or even a real MMORPG. Because let's face it, Fragment sucked. I'm sure if the made a .hack MMORPG, people would be into it.

#38   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:15 PM

They made Fragment BECAUSE it was a beta for the real deal. Then it flopped and people didn't like it so they dropped it. :/

#39   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

But Fragment was just .hack but multiplayer. It wasn't an MMORPG.

#40   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

It was an MMO in Japan in the Beta stage. If people liked it, then they where planning for a massive release. But people didn't so they dropped it. C:

#41   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:39 PM

Because all it was was .hack multiplayer. If they had made it still a BETA but an MMORPG (Ragnarok Online 2 is a perfect example), I'm sure it would have done better.

#42   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:42 PM

Who knows? All I heard that it was flopped and they didn't bother to try again. They are perfectly content with just making the .hack games. C:

#43   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

Mhmm. I' mot disagreeing with what happened, I'm just saying it could have been something better.And if they made another series, or even one game, I would cum in my pants. Are they interested? Or are they finished with the .hack universe?

#44   Xelina 

• Berserker
                                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

I think they are planning on another .hack. They have a new manga series out though... .hack/Link

#45   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                                                                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:44 PM

*cums in pants*

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                            • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                            • You cannot reply to this topic