Benazir Bhutto Killed Saddest news of the year ;_;

#1   Eugine 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...sia/7161590.stm

I have been following Mrs. Bhutto, and her struggle to bring democracy to Pakistan, and today's newest is the most shocking to me. Despite being threatened, she has fought couragously for Pakistanis and I salute her with respect. May her soul rest in peace.

All this information is just coming to me so fast, I can't even think properly now ;_;

#2   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
      • Group: Admin

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:46 AM

I'm still in shock myself, she was such an icon for the Pakistani people. Benazir Bhutto has risked her life many times to bring democracy to Pakistan - even in her exile - and it's a sad loss for the world today indeed.

#3   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Me111

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

I saw this earlier. It seems wrong that someone who works for democracy could be killed like this.
        Just so I know, didn't someone attempt to kill her about a few months ago?

#4   FlamingDuck 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members
          • Interests:Drums, Guitar Hero, pretending to play guitar, getting awesome at the one song I know how to play on bass, school(yeah, I'm such a loser) music, mohney, etc.<br /><br />I suppose I'll give you an abbreviated list of bands that I like:<br />Relient K<br />Switchfoot<br />Guster<br />Angels and Airwaves<br />Arcade Fire<br />Porcupine Tree<br />Weezer<br />Mae<br /><br />It's sorta a weird mix of mainstream and not so mainstream.<br />I like a lot of single songs too...<br /><br />Bands I need to look at:<br />Plastic Constellations<br />Cauterize<br />Patent Pending<br />And a bunch of local bands that you'll probably never hear of.<br /><br />Pandora rocks.<br /><br />I'm running out of things to say here.<br /><br />Perhaps I like duct tape?<br /><br />Yeah. This likely won't be touched for another year when my tastes have completely changed.<br />

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:05 PM

I think there have been several attempts on her life since she returned to Pakistan.

It's pretty shocking to see an icon killed like that. It sounds like the beginning of a thriller novel...it's sad that events like this really happen.

#5   Moonear 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:54 PM

I was getting ready to go skiing and my mom turns the news on and I 'm just in shock. I'm so surprised that she was'nt wearing any sort of protection. This is a tragedy, now Pakistan is just going to be one giant civil war.
            There's some new rumor going around that she didn't die from the gunshot, but from hitting her head against the car and breaking her skull o something like that.

#6   Eugine 

• Master Adept
              • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

Yea.
              I have one question to GL and IHK that's somehow relating to this topic.

Why do Muslims bury the dead so quickly?

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic