Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game File size

#1   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:09 AM

Okay, I'm making another game on flash (the first came alright according to everyone who has seen it) but the main problem with it was the file size, waaaaaaaaay too big (9.6 meg) some people have problems streaming it. Now my question is: How can i keep the file size limit small? One problem was the images I used (bitmaps) there great for quality, bad for size, so part from using bitmaps format, what just as good as a bitmap file format that has all the quality but just a smaller file size? ^_^

#2   Caael 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:49 PM

PNG ( Portable network graphics) are way better then bitmap images. PNGs are designed for the internet and to be small size, so you'll be much better off with them.

And please please please never use jpegs.

#3   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members
        • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:00 PM

your a life saver! :lol: It really annoyed me (until now) and believe me I was looking at Jpeg and yeah I see what you mean XD But cheers for telling me :)

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic