• You cannot reply to this topic

Sad X.x

#1   Eugine 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:38 PM

I wasn't going to make a topic about this, but since it still bothers me, I am going to... to move on.

Well, today at around 11:30, I found out one of my teachers of last semester was found dead at his home. I don't know why he died, so I'll update you guys with this when I get the info.

In my Math class, a friend of mines told the class that the teacher died, and I laughed because he didn't seem serious at all. I didn't believe him, and continued to do my Math (I guess my math teacher didn't hear the news, so he teached like normal). It wasn't until 12:30 in another class, that I really believed cuz another teacher of mines confirmed it, and unexpectedly... The news sinked in quickly.

I cried infront of all my classmates. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one. This was one of the few times, in my entire lifetime I cried infront of anyone, and to think I couldn't even hold back emotions, when I tried to! I always told myself "Eugine, attachment is deadly", and I guess I fooled myself to believe I was free of attachments x.x
    Today proved me wrong.

I'm not as sad as before, cuz honestly we weren't that close. But he was a great teacher, and I begin to wonder how will I react when someone close to me passes away. I hope I can only cope with it... And I guess, I do cry, when I see people crying.

There are people, who are laughing at this! I guess it was their way of moving on.
    Girl: The first thing that came to my mind, was that he wouldn't be able to grade the essay I thought I did bad in!

So, any of you experienced the passing away of anyone close to you?

#2   Drizzy Drake 

• God
      • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

That is very sad.

One of my friends died about 2 weeks ago. He was only 22, and died from Pnbnoiuna(worst spelling ever). His body was so wrecked from Heroin, that it didn't show any signs of the diseasce, and couldn't fight it, so he jsut, died, in his sleep. I was preatty sad, but I'm getting over it.

#3   Folcon 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
        • AKA escout

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

I haven't lost anyone recently, but I do offer you my sympathy and condolances. To both of you.

#4   Drizzy Drake 

• God
          • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

And like, alot of people I know(not including the drug-users) are saying **** like...

Well really he broguht it on to himself.

or

It's his own fault because of the heroin.

...But like, that's not the **** I've wanted to hear at the moment.

#5   Folcon 

• Master Adept
            • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
            • AKA escout

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

but you can't deny the fact that, if he were not taking heroin, they might have caught it in time.

#6   Drizzy Drake 

• God
              • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

I realise it, but even so, when other people, some who didn't even know him, are actualy *****ing about it, it just kind of pisses me off.

#7   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                • AKA escout

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:00 PM

I hear you. I'm sure he's in a happier place now where he can have all the stuff he wants now. At least, that would be my idea of heaven, booze, babes, and video games.

#8   kate 

• Master Adept
                  • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)
                  • AKA The Best Woman Ever.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:02 PM

Heath Ledger died D: I'm not all that torn up about it, but..he did

My best friend was hit by a car last year. She'd been my friend since we were kids but none of my other friends really knew her so they all kinda acted like nothing happened. I dunno I'm still not over it. It'll get better with time though, things always do

For now eug, I give you condolences and hugs <3

#9   R-dog 

• Lord
                  • PipPipPipPip
                    • Group: Members
                    • Interests:Gah, I'm too lazy/busy to put something here right now. I'll come up with something eventually.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

@ Skidz- pneumonia, right?

My grandma was in a nursing home with Alzheimer's for a long time before she died. My family and I took it well; probably a lot better than if she died suddenly.

I remember on one of her last days, my dad asked me if I wanted to see her one last time. I knew that she was getting worse over the days, so I chose not to. I wanted to remember the times when she was healthier and happy, rather than her fading away. I don't regret my decision.

#10   Folcon 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA escout

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

I felt the same when my maternal grandmother died. She had Alzheimer's too. I was able to say my good byes after she was gone. And she was burried next to my grandfather, so i know she's happy.

#11   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                        • AKA Darksword

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:49 PM

Huh, my grandmother is dying from some kind of Liver problem. The sad thing is, it IS treatable, the doctors don't want to give her treatment because she was treated for cancer several years ago. Apparently, they want to wait until two years have passed before they do anything. So far its been one year ):

#12   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                          • Group: Moderator
                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:11 PM

View PostSkidzorz, on Jan 22 2008, 06:42 PM, said:

One of my friends died about 2 weeks ago. He was only 22, and died from Pnbnoiuna(worst spelling ever).

Was it pneumonia?

Heath Ledger died D: I'm not all that torn up about it, but..he did

I know. I was surprised about it...

#13   Luna 

• Disciple
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • Group: Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

It's very sad indeed. Teachers are next to parents to me and I've lost three of them in the past. The best you can do since they taught you so much is to keep that knowledge for as long as you live and hopefully pass it on to others. Those teachers were special to me because they became friends and taught me a lot about life too, instead of just science, math or English.

The last one passed away in December, many students, alumni and teachers were crying and not everyone fit in the church. It was also horrible because I had just come back from the states and I had gone to visit the school on Thursday just to say hi to teachers and friends. When I passed by her office, she was away in a meeting and I didn't go back to check before leaving. She died on Saturday.

One of my other favourite teachers had told me to step by again later before I went back to college so she could say goodbye to me. During the funeral, she walked over and said "Didn't expect it to be so soon did you?"

I don't suppose funeral and burial etiquette vary much from Costa Rica to the U.S. but here, burials are very personal and usually only the close family attends the burial. However I felt I had to say goodbye like that. Everyone understood and felt the same way.

She had been one of my main supporters for my coming to college in the U.S. I wasn't against it or anything. I already had my visa and everything but she encouraged me and gave me one last push. I gave her my e-mail and I never e-mailed her nor did she e-mail me.

It's still hard to believe she's gone. Just never forget everything you learned Eugine (assuming you don't, since you can't exactly forget material you've learned.)

#14   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
                              • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
                              • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:24 AM

A few years back, my great uncle died of heart failure (or something similar). I liked him a lot, but I never really knew him since I didn't get the chance to see him often. But I didn't feel any different after he died than I did before. Though, that's probably because I didn't really get the time to become attached. But I can't really see myself crying over the death of anyone but one person. However, there's probably a few people who's deaths would make me cry.

#15   Laharl 

• Banned
                                • Interests:research it
                                • AKA Dullahan

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:06 AM

One of the Classics teachers at college died while i was there, i didnt actually meet her, because i changed classed and by the time i changed she was already in hospital, very unsettling when the news came because everyone else was devastated and i never met this person (i cant even remember her name). Arkarian will know what i'm talking about

#16   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:18 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that Eugine... I don't think it's wrong at all to have cried.

I don't think people really understand the degree to which their lives have been touched by other individuals, teachers included. And when it does occur, it's heart-wrenching. I'm so sorry Eugine, I give you my condolences and my hopes that you'll come from it all a stronger person. :)

#17   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                    • AKA Me111

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:33 AM

The only deaths that have really hit me have been my grandparents. They were very sad at the time, but I've gotten over it. Some people at school have lost parents and that would really shake me up. I guess I've been lucky.

#18   Moonear 

• Disciple
                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:33 PM

Man, sorry to hear that Eugine. It's not bad to cry, it's just a natural emotion.

I felt a little sad hen my grandpa died when I was five, but I didn't really get a chance to get close to him,

View PostDude of Wind, on Jan 23 2008, 01:24 AM, said:

A few years back, my great uncle died of heart failure (or something similar). I liked him a lot, but I never really knew him since I didn't get the chance to see him often. But I didn't feel any different after he died than I did before. Though, that's probably because I didn't really get the time to become attached.

Yeah, that's how I felt. My brother was devastated because he was 15 and my grandfather really liked him a lot.

#19   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:16 PM

View PostWind Dude, on Jan 22 2008, 11:11 PM, said:

Was it pneumonia?

I know. I was surprised about it...

Yup that's it.

He died of a drug overdose right?

#20   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                                          • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

One of my best friends from primary school commited suicide. Jumped off a 8 story building. When I first heard the news, I didn't believe it. But his parents had invited me over (before the funeral and stuff) (knew his parents well) and they were all in tears, and I still couldn't believe. When I think about it, I think I was in shock, I was numb at that moment.

The only moment that I cried was after the funeral when one of my other friends came and sat next to me and said: "He should have lived for so many more years."

But the hardest part was meeting his parents again after the funeral. I had accepted his death, even though I didn't understand the why. I didn't know what to say or what to comfort them with. They just couldn't accept it, luckily my mother then came in with photo's of him and me on one of my birthday parties. I'll never forget how his mother cried and smiled at the same time when looking at the photos. His passing was a sad thing, but it's best to just remember them by the good stuff, bring up memories with your friends. Believe me, it helps, helps a lot.

Page 1 of 1
                                          • You cannot start a new topic
                                          • You cannot reply to this topic