Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Phising Some prick tried but failed

#1   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:36 AM

LOL someone idiot tried sending me a phising email saying:

Dear Customer,

The Royal Bank of Scotland has been receiving complaints from our customers for unauthorised use of the Royal Bank of Scotland Online accounts. As a result we are making an extra security check on all of our Customers account in order to protect their information from theft and fraud.

Due to this, you are requested to follow the provided steps and confirm your Online Banking details for the safety of your Accounts. Please Click Here To Start .

However, Failure to do so may result in temporary account suspension. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks for your co-operation.

xD well they fail XD

http://www.rbsdigital.com.nvxklj528.com/de...mp;CookieCheck/ < it directs it to this website that is the phising scam (Firefox says its a reported website but if you click ignore it takes you to website, my goodness its quite scary how desperate people become)

EDIT: Woops spelled Phishing wrong in title xD

#2   Legolastom 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:11 PM

O SHI-

#3   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Veterans
        • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
        • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:42 PM

IE recognizes it as a phishing scam too.

I've gotten a lot of these "Dear blah blah blah we have a gajillion [insert foreign currency here] with your name on it. Come to this obviously not fake website so we can steal your identity give you all of this free cash!"

Once I replied back telling them how obviously fake it was. I doubt anyone read it though. These things are usually put out by bots.

#4   Nyktos 

• Berserker
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • AKA Felix of Vale

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

The most bizarre phishing scams are the ones where they tell you that a free website you're a member of now requires payment and directs you to their website telling you to enter your credit card number.

#5   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Veterans
            • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
            • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

You can always tell if they're fake by looking at the URL. It's so easy to tell the difference that it's not even funny.

Of course, a lot of the technologically disabled people would fall for it easily if it wasn't for their browsers say "IT'S FAKE YOU NUMBSKULL!"

#6   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:28 AM

You can always tell if they're fake by looking at the URL. It's so easy to tell the difference that it's not even funny.

Of course, a lot of the technologically disabled people would fall for it easily if it wasn't for their browsers say "IT'S FAKE YOU NUMBSKULL!"

Yeah I know, its was clearly fake, its just how the web is set out, its not even funny how desperate these people are but the email gave me a good laugh though xD

Page 1 of 1
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic