Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Importing sound into Flash

#1   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

Okay I have this random problem, ever since iv built my pc I've had this random problem with flash when i important sound, for starters it only happens with some sounds, when i import sound ,the sound goes randomly high pitched, I thought maybe there something wrong with the import features (say like one the the features was changed so only import a certain Khz) but I randomly fix this problem when i import the sound on a different computer but the setting are the same, since my computer is a new built, its just a random guess but could it be my sound card ( it came with my motherbaord in built) so does anyone have any ideas because I can't important certain sound with other computers, I only fix this with college computers, no one in my area has Flash XD (Oh the version i used was Flash 8 which did the same and now I use CS3 version and it does the same also but on other computers its fine? It never done this before with my old pc.... So any help?

#2   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
      • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

I've never used Flash before, so I don't know how it works. But from the sound of it, it's probably your integrated sound. Try updating to the latest drivers for it (should be on the manufacturer's website), and if that still doesn't work, I'd go out and get a new sound card. If you're not a gamer, I'd suggest Creative's Audigy series. Their X-Fi line is geared more towards gaming, and is usually more expensive.

What brand and model of motherboard are you using?

#3   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:I enjoy watching anime (Naruto, FMA, One Piece, Elfin Lied etc). I also enjoy flash animating. If you want to know me more just send me a message and if you want to add me onto msn just ask (prefer it that way). <br /><br />Of course I'm a gamer, I like mainly Nintendo games but I also like Microsoft and Sony's. My faves are: Golden Sun 1 and 2, Jump Ultimate Star, Naruto class of Ninja, Metroid prime 1, 2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Bioshock, Medal of Honour etc and so on.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

I am using a: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 AMD 790X (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
        http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....2%20Motherboard < gives specs.

Well everything us updated, hmmm I'll have a look at some graphics cards, im not really much of a gamer on PC but I'll give those graphic card a look.

#4   Toasty 

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:45 PM

That's a pretty nice motherboard. I've got gigabyte's EP35-DS3R in my new rig. Gigabyte's a good brand to go with.

Anyway, I thought you were having problems with sound, not graphics. o_0

If you're going to look at graphics cards, go with the GeForce 8600GT, 9600GT, or 8800GT. The 8800GT is the best pick out of those. Usually runs about $150 - $190 give or take. Newegg has an XFX 8600GT XXX edition for like, $65 or something. Great deal. It's what I'm using. The 9600GT usually runs about $110 ro $140. Good card, but I'd rather have the 8800GT for only ~$40 more.

The only difference between the 8600GT and the 8600GTS is clock speeds, so that XXX edition I mentioned is almost on par with a stock 8600GTS for a lower price.

And the 8800GT is better than the 8800GTS, which is strange, but entirely true. The 8800GT is also almost on par with the 8800GTX, which is much more expensive.

#5   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

*Slams head on table,* yes I meant sound sorry randomly thinking of something else :S Geez im such a tit sometimes :S But I do nedd another graphics card, mine sometimes randomly freezes i can't even play bioshock for some odd reason :S Mine a Radeon 3800 - 512MB GDDR4 Memory @ 2300MHz
            320 stream processing units

#6   Toasty 

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:47 AM

Sounds beefier than my 8600GT.

Is it an HD 3870? Because that's a pretty good card. I'd have to check some benchmarks, but I think it's either about equal to the 880GT, or better. Can't remember.

Usually Nvidia chips outperform ATi chips though.

Btw, got my computer put together yesterday. It's been running without a single hiccup. :D

#7   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

Yeah I always thought Nvidia were better but yeah its a HD version XD Good price as well, its been an awesome card except when i play Bioshock it just crashes xD

Btw, got my computer put together yesterday. It's been running without a single hiccup.

Oh sweet! What are the specs? Sounds awesome though :D

#8   Toasty 

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

That's strange. Radeons are supposed to be great for Counterstrike though. They tend to achieve higher framrates.

Gigabyte EP35-DS3R motherboard
                  Intel Pentium 4 631 3GHz (OC'd it to 4.2, and I know it can go higher. It's amazing)
                  XFX Geforce 8600GT XXX Edition 256MB DDR3, 620MHz core
                  2x 1GB G.Skill DDR2 800
                  And a 500 Watt PSU to top it all off

Nothing amazing, but it's loads better than what I've been using. In comparison, my Dell gets a few hundred PC Marks in PCMark 05. This gets 4652 after the OC. XD It also got 8654 3DMarks ans 6142 CPUMarks in 3DMark 05.

And it's sitting inside Raidmax's Smilodon case. It's awesome. Newegg has an incredible deal on it right now, I believe.

#9   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:20 PM

That's strange. Radeons are supposed to be great for Counterstrike though. They tend to achieve higher framrates.

Gigabyte EP35-DS3R motherboard
                    Intel Pentium 4 631 3GHz (OC'd it to 4.2, and I know it can go higher. It's amazing)
                    XFX Geforce 8600GT XXX Edition 256MB DDR3, 620MHz core
                    2x 1GB G.Skill DDR2 800
                    And a 500 Watt PSU to top it all off

Nothing amazing, but it's loads better than what I've been using. In comparison, my Dell gets a few hundred PC Marks in PCMark 05. This gets 4652 after the OC. XD It also got 8654 3DMarks ans 6142 CPUMarks in 3DMark 05.

Im loving the intel Pentium :D OC to 4GHz!? Thats bloody ace! But im more of an AMD person myself xD Iv got same make of RAM as but Iv got 4 gig of ram and 800 - 1066, I have an AMD Phenom (quad) OC to 3.2 but iv kept it at 2.8, I think it can only go as high as 3.2? But I haven't tried going higher xD I have 550 watt power (got really lucky some dude in a shop sold it dirt cheap, there quite expensive online) overall you've got a sweet rig:)

#10   Toasty 

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:23 PM

Intel CPU's tend to OC pretty well. I believe the QX9650 or something can hit 4.85GHz.

I hear the Phenom is a good CPU. I'd imagine you could push it past 3.2.

But dang. It'd be so much nicer if I had just bought the Pentium D 925. XD True dual core > single core with Hyper Threading.

But Intels next line up of CPU's will range from 2-8 cores, and unlike the Core2 Duo/Quad/Extreme's, they'll have hyper threading. So a duak core would be able to run 4 threads, and an 8 core (holy shi-!) will be able to run 16 threads (HOLY WHACKING SHI-!). Plus, Intel's standard front side bus will be replaced with something similar to AMD's Hyper Transport, so they'll all get a performance boost there. Intel's future is looking pretty bright. Can't wait to build a PC out of that hardware.

Oh, and the upcomming X58 chipset (which is designed for this new platform) will support tripple channel DDR3. Not dual chanel like what we've got, but triple channel. Not only that, but it also supports three PCIe x16 slots running at x16 speed, and then a fourth x16 slot that runs at x8 speed (at least I think. It might actually run at x16 speed too). My jaw dropped when I found out. Hopefully Nvidia will release some Quad SLi capable hardware soon.

#11   Kuchiyose 

• Berserker
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

The QX9650 can hit 5 Ghz (well someone said so on Overclockers but it wouldn't surprise me xD)
                        Yeah I think Phenom can but I dpn't dare xD I need a good cooling system if im gonna dare hit it higher xD

But Intels next line up of CPU's will range from 2-8 cores, and unlike the Core2 Duo/Quad/Extreme's, they'll have hyper threading. So a duak core would be able to run 4 threads, and an 8 core (holy shi-!) will be able to run 16 threads (HOLY WHACKING SHI-!). Plus, Intel's standard front side bus will be replaced with something similar to AMD's Hyper Transport, so they'll all get a performance boost there. Intel's future is looking pretty bright. Can't wait to build a PC out of that hardware.

Bloo hell that would satisfy me! An 8 core! I know that apple's have them but getting a cpu that will do 8 core is expensive, I think its Xeon and intel core 2 that can do 8 core?

But seriously 16 threads that got some major power :!:

Oh, and the upcomming X58 chipset (which is designed for this new platform) will support tripple channel DDR3. Not dual chanel like what we've got, but triple channel. Not only that, but it also supports three PCIe x16 slots running at x16 speed, and then a fourth x16 slot that runs at x8 speed (at least I think. It might actually run at x16 speed too). My jaw dropped when I found out. Hopefully Nvidia will release some Quad SLi capable hardware soon.

ho sh- DDR3 triple channel? bloody hell, god this is gonna hurt my wallet but its gonna be worth it xD aaah there doing quad graphics slots now, MSI K9A2 Platinum AMD 790FX < these do guad graphic slots but only AMD only but the way things are going Intel will become champ xD

Page 1 of 1
                        • You cannot start a new topic
                        • You cannot reply to this topic