Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

RP's OOC Rules and Regulations Read before posting

#1   Folcon 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:video games, RPGs in particular, reading, mostly sci-fi and Graphic Novels, Kenshin is the best.<br />
    • AKA escout

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:05 AM

RP's OOC Rules

I figured I’d give the OOC Sub-forum a set of rules too before it gets too big. This applies every single member here, so read them, and follow them. Ignorance is no excuse.

Don‘t Spam. This applies to the rest of the forum as well. Even if your post count doesn’t raise here I don’t want to see you spamming. Keep on topic. Make your posts meaningful. This also means do not make some stupid little comment like “first post yay!” at the start of an OOC.
    Do NOT Treat the OOCs like the TRT. OOCs are for RP discussion ONLY. I don’t want you talking about your favorite TV show, I don’t want you talking about how much you hate your school teacher. Things like this will get deleted automatically and if it continues I will consider handing out infractions. If it’s still continuing, expect the OOC (or if major enough by my standards, the entire RP itself) to be taken to the trash. If you have time to talk about your real life and such in the OOC, you have time to discuss things for the RP.
    Unless stated otherwise by the GM, all applications MUST go to the OOC. There are some exceptions, such as if you have to PM the GM your profile for it to be accepted, but otherwise, your applications have to go in the respective OOC. In addition, I don't want to see you putting a profile in the OOC and suddenly posting like crazy in the RP itself. Wait till you’re approved.
    Do not bash on a person’s way of RPing. With the exception of scripting and lousy one liners, everyone’s RPing style is different and is accepted. If you have suggestions that you think will help a person improve their RPing then go ahead and say it, but don’t say something like “lololz ur style’s teh suxx0rs you shud do wat I do”. Stuff like that is just plain dumb…if you’re going to criticize, at least say HOW you think a person can improve. Elaborate…
    Don’t Copy a RP and Make an Extra Sign-Ups thread! In other words, if you see a GS RP, don’t copy its storyline, character template, or anything else from it. If I see copies of multiple RPs I will delete the duplicates right away. Make your RP original, not something copied off from another RP here. You can make more than one GS RP, but they MUST be different.
    All RP Sign-Ups must go in the OOC Subforum. While not an iron-clad rule, it is very annoying for me to move sign-ups over to here where they belong. With sign-ups there will be OOC discussion following close by, and that is why they go here and not the regular RP section.
    When making the OOC thread, have a character template ready from the start.
    If you have questions regarding the OOC, feel free to PM me, and I'll answer them as best as I can.

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • This topic is locked