• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mitsubishi DLP TV's

#1   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
    • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:27 AM

Apparently, Mitsubishi Digital Light Processing TV's have a habit of dieing after about three years of use. Mitsubishi's usually known for incredibly long lasting TV's (we've got an old analog TV that parent's have had since they were first married, and it still works perfectly). However, it seems that they cheaped out on the capacitors in a number of their DLP models.

Why they did so is beyond me, since caps are so freaking cheap.

Anyway, my family's TV happens to be in that camp. At first we thought the bulb was burned out, but a few months later my dad, for whatever reason, found out on some tech forum that these TV's hvae a habit of kicking the bucket.

The problem is mainly with the capacitors in power circuitry. They're cheap, so after about three years of use, the blow. It's a pretty easy fix as long as you know something about capacitors, electric current, and soldering, but otherwise, it's a pretty expensive fix (even though it's so straight foreward).

Luckily, I got a hold of the right capacitors and my dad's going to replace the poped ones with the new ones once they arrive.

So if you have a Mitsubishi DLP and it dies on you, think twice about spending $5000 to fix or replace it.

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • You cannot reply to this topic