• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Goldeneye 2?! Lookin' forward to it?

#1   ForteGX 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:37 AM

Everyone who's anyone has played at least one James Bond videogame; and that one was most likely Rare's ever popular, Goldeneye for the N64; which was like Super Mario Bros. 3 for N64 (in popularity). Since then, Rare and EA, James Bond's new developer, have released 6 games (that I've heard of):

Tomorrow Never Dies (PS)
    The Word Is Not Enough (N64, PS)
    James Bond Racing (Who cares?)
    Agent Under Fire (GCN, PS2, XBOX)
    Nightfire (GCN, PS2, XBOX, PC)
    Everything Or Nothing (GCN, PS2, XBOX)

Now, EA is trying to resurrect Rare's masterpiece in the form of Goldeneye 2: Rogue Agent, where you play the role of an MI6 agent gone bad.

So, if you've heard of it, waddya think?

EDIT: Goldeneye 2 to be released this November!

#2   Meglo 

• Lord
    • PipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:24 AM

I don't think Rare has been involved in any of the 007 games since Golden Eye, and if so, just the other 64 one. I know all the cube/PS2 ones were only by EA.

But anyway, they should get whoever made Timesplitters 1&2 to make the Goldeneye 2 game. I think the Goldeneye team might've worked on those games a bit too. But how is it Goldeneye if it's a sequel? I mean, you've already gone through whatever's in the GE movie...I suppose they'll make a new story up. What would be awesome is just to redo the GE story, slightly different, with spiffed up soundtracks, but the same main story.

#3   Dullahan 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:football, rock and punk music, videogames, snooker, golf.

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:47 AM

This is going to be more EA crap, 007 Nightfire and All or Nothing. They've even admitted it's not a remake and totally new game. Give EA a license and they think they can do anything, they cannot be trusted. And no Rare only worked on Goldeneye, then EA bought the Bond license and ruined it.

#4   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
          • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:49 AM

Firstly, Rare has nothing to do with Goldeneye 2, it's strictly EA's piece of sh!t. I think it's going to suck. Why? Because whatever EA touche's they kill and ruin.

Some info: In Goldneye 2 you play as the bad guy, you are nicknamed Goldeneye as your eye was hurt in an accident and was replaced with a Golden eyeball, so you are the evil mastermind Goldeneye. You'll meet many famous bond bad guys who will now be your allies, and of course many famous bond good guys too. This game is of course an FPS, and a little more fast-paced than the original Goldeneye title on the N64, expect a multiplayer mode to be thrown in with this game since that was a big selling point for the original game.

#5   Meglo 

• Lord
          • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:18 AM

Anubis, on Jul 22 2004, 07:49 AM, said:

Firstly, Rare has nothing to do with Goldeneye 2, it's strictly EA's piece of sh!t. I think it's going to suck. Why? Because whatever EA touche's they kill and ruin.

LOL- so true. I'm betting they went with GE2 simply because the title alone will cause people to buy the game. Sad, sad, sad...

Still, I hope for the best, though it's looking iffy.

#6   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:22 AM

Anubis, on Jul 22 2004, 07:49 AM, said:

Some info: In Goldneye 2 you play as the bad guy, you are nicknamed Goldeneye as your eye was hurt in an accident and was replaced with a Golden eyeball, so you are the evil mastermind Goldeneye. You'll meet many famous bond bad guys who will now be your allies, and of course many famous bond good guys too. This game is of course an FPS, and a little more fast-paced than the original Goldeneye title on the N64, expect a multiplayer mode to be thrown in with this game since that was a big selling point for the original game.

EA have sunk to a new low, a golden eye what a load of crap. I could happily preach all day about EA like i am doing currently about the N-gage, only much more intense and probably with a lot more swearing.

#7   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:22 AM

Indeed, let's hope for the best, maybe this game will be famous, not for it's title but for the fact this may be EA's first genuinly GOOD game. :)

$10 says that they will be working extra hard on the multiplayer mode since that was a huge thing for Goldeneye. And another $5 says that the Xbox version will be LIVE compatible because EA has signed that Deal with Microsoft. :)

#8   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:24 AM

Impossible. EA. And good game should never bein the same sentence. Notice how their not in the same sentence there.

#9   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:59 AM

Hey! Look on the bright side, now you can take bad guys hostage and use them as human shields! Now who can say no to that?

(I know that Rare quit after TWINE)

#10   Meglo 

• Lord
                    • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2004 - 09:01 AM

Dullahan, on Jul 22 2004, 10:24 AM, said:

Impossible.  EA. And good game should never bein the same sentence.  Notice how their not in the same sentence there.

You never know...EA might astound us, as unlikely as it sounds.

I know I'll prolly rent it...if it's any good, I'll purchase it. *shrugs*

#11   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 22 July 2004 - 09:05 AM

ForteGX, on Jul 22 2004, 10:59 AM, said:

Hey!  Look on the bright side, now you can take bad guys hostage and use them as human shields!  Now who can say no to that?

(I know that Rare quit after TWINE)

You can do that on Metal Gear and you have to put up with the very image of EA's logo.

#12   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:38 PM

Why do people always get hyped by tthe hostage taking crap? It's been done to death so much on FPS, TPS and nearly every other frickin' genre. I won't further comment on this game until EA releases some more info on it's pro's (and con's).

#13   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:30 PM

Oh...I've never played a FPS, or any game, with a hostage feature, that's why I thought it was cool.

#14   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:45 PM

I think EAs problem is living up to the original GE, and especially Perfect Dark, which was probably the quinticential FPS for the consoles back then. It had everything, and despite framerate problems on hi-res, still made a good play, because it had tons of cool guns, very fun levels (teams on Fortress baby! Or how about a little fun with Grid?), and Simulants.

When EA released TWINE, they ended up screwing themselves by having just as few guns as GE did (and GE did have quite a few mind you), and very unimaginative ones at that, and then they made the worst simulants imaginable, because I don't think there were any difficulties, and you could only have one other if you were the only person playing or something like that.

The multiplayer levels were blander than the GE ones, and the GE ones were bland because it was about two years old. PD raised the bar with it's purely awesome maps, but TWINE? Bleh, I think there was only one map on there that was any fun.

In all seriousness, EA will probably do it wrong again. They've been getting better, but considering that they had crap storylines and bland weaponry and maps in the other games, I doubt this one will be some sort of 'classic.'

I think EIDOS and Free Radical (TimeSplitters 2 developers) should make the new Bond games as well. Their quirky characters and story and interesting levels made for a fun multiplayer FPS. Too bad that it lacked in the weapons department, but otherwise, I would rather have them on an FPS than EA.

#15   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:48 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to mention IGN has a bunch of videos of the new GE. The official name as well is GoldenEye: Rogue Agent. Here's the link: http://media.cube.ign.com/media/662/662143....html?fromint=1

The levels are actually looking good, but the gun physics and AI doesn't seem that great. Still, pretty slick graphics (of course, that's almost always the only thing EA does well).

#16   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 23 July 2004 - 05:54 PM

Well, still take into consideration that Rogue Agent won't be released for another 3 months; they're still pretty far from done.
                                  (EA's probably good at game graphics because of all the practice it gets on sports games)

Here are some more GE:RA clips from Gamespot (supposedly for the Gamecube):

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/ja..._0723_om193.asx

#17   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:06 AM

3 months isn't that long, the game will go Gold around 2-3 weeks before relase anyway, leaving them around 2 months, and half of that 2 months will be to fix bugs etc. and get the Publishing cleared up. I won't be getting this game unless EDGE said it was something new and fantastic, which they won't say. ;)

#18   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:41 AM

goldeneye 2 is out now, and its crap, and iwas right.

#19   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 17 December 2004 - 02:40 PM

Please don't revive old topics unless you have something a little more constructive to post, Dullahan.

And actually, I still want to give it a try. Unless you can convince me otherwise.

#20   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 17 December 2004 - 03:12 PM

This game looks amazing. I talked my friend into getting it so I don't have to waste money and I can just mooch some multiplayer off him. It's a win-win situation. The AI looks fantastic and the graphics are amazing!

#21   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
                                            • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, video games, the forums, etc.

Posted 17 December 2004 - 04:54 PM

To be honest, I've always wanted a first-person shooter for my GameCube, and usually I hear good things about the James Bond games for it, so I'd rather get it than any other ...

... Except Metroid Prime 2.

#22   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                                              • Group: Admin

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:26 PM

Goldeneye IS the best Multiplayer game out there along with Perfect Dark (Yes, they still own) but GE2 is going to suck. Rare has been making crap now a days and GE2 isn't going to be as good as GE1 was back in the day.

#23   Meglo 

• Lord
                                              • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:15 PM

nick1presta, on Dec 21 2004, 02:26 PM, said:

Goldeneye IS the best Multiplayer game out there along with Perfect Dark (Yes, they still own) but GE2 is going to suck. Rare has been making crap now a days and GE2 isn't going to be as good as GE1 was back in the day.

GE2 is an EA game anyway, though.

I suspect this game isn't as bad as everyone (in this topic) says...Nightfire and Agent Under Fire were fair games, at least, 4-player multiplayer is good if you don't have a game like Halo to own on. I never played the 3rd-person bond game EA put out, I just assumed it wasn't any good.

#24   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:23 PM

Meglo, on Dec 22 2004, 11:15 PM, said:

GE2 is an EA game anyway, though.

I suspect this game isn't as bad as everyone (in this topic) says...Nightfire and Agent Under Fire were fair games, at least, 4-player multiplayer is good if you don't have a game like Halo to own on. I never played the 3rd-person bond game EA put out, I just assumed it wasn't any good.

Actually, Everything or Nothing wasn't TOO bad. It was kinda' like a throwback to Tomorrow Never Dies. It didn't focus on using weapons as much as gadgets...

Page 1 of 1
                                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                                  • You cannot reply to this topic