• You cannot reply to this topic

Destruction

#1   Lemontime 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:25 AM

Leaves dropped into the lake, sending lazy ripples pulsing away as they gently hit the water. The breeze making tiny crests at the peak of miniature waves. The water reflected the mountains behind them, the snow caps looking deceptively safe. The perfectly clear water interrupted only by a small island in the middle, over-flowing with trees. It was so peaceful.

Hack stared to the far shore, easily a kilometer away. His eyes narrowed as he focused on the lone figure standing ever so still, looking at him. Hack looked down, the cliff face below him a 30 metre drop before it reached the water. His loose clothes rustled in the wind, his thick black hair blowing into his eyes. He turned and walked into the bushes behind him, cutting a path directly through the think undergrowth, ageless sequoias lumbering above him, hundreds of feet in the air. He had only walked twenty metres when he noticed a change. He spun and quickly ran back to the lake, gazing across at the far shore.

The figure was gone.

But Hack was not alone, and he knew it. The water across the entire lake was moving. Moving towards the island in the center, it's trees were soon completely submerged in the icy winter water. Hack stared down at the now bare lake-bed, underwater plants slowly leaking the water they had caught before it had been taken from them. Hack knew what was happening. A sorcerer, an enemy..

Hack jumped off the cliff, landing in the thick mud at the bottom, somehow managing to stay on his feet. He jumped into the air and kicked off the cliff face. He kicked his feet in mid air, as if he was running, and he sped across the lake, just above the ground, reaching speeds nobody could on foot, kicking flecks of mud behind him as he ran. He was within a hundred metres of the oddity in the centre of the lake when he saw it, a bright green glow in the centre of all the water. His breath escaped him in a sharp moment, and he crashed into the mud, sliding across his face in the sticky moss-covered slush.

He felt himself rising and knew he had made a mistake. His body lifted, head first, and Hack felt something grabbing him around the neck, but when he reached to tear it off, he felt nothing. Yet he continued to rise. His heart pounding in his ears, demanding oxygen. His hair whipped violently in the now raging wind. His mind a mess of thoughts of escape and survival. He watched the green glow, slowly coming towards him. The wall of water parting to let the ominous, sinister figure through.

Hack stared, his heart skipping beats with fright. But as the figure came closer, he noticed something, and his mind was set ablaze with the thoughts of his foolishness. The green glow was within metres of him when it stopped, floating in front of Hack as he gasped for breath.

"Hack, you make too many mistakes. If I were a real sorcerer, and I had the power to move such a body of water, what do you fancy your chances of defeating me, my boy?"

Hack was suddenly thrust backwards, his lungs filling with cold, glorious air. The moment was short lived, as just then Hack slammed into the mud at the bottom of the lake, the wind knocked from his body, his mind spinning.

"M.. Master, I'm sorry.." Mumbled hack through a mouth full of mud.

"Don't let it happen aga-.." Hack passed out.

Ooc: Okay, so if you haven't caught onto the story, here is a bit of background.
    Hack is part of a group of peace-keepers, but he's new at it. They're fighting these blokes called sorcerers, who are pretty much magicians but only use their magic to be assholes and destroy stuff. His master is training him, but Hack is pretty much the clumsy one of he and the other trainees, always making mistakes and ****. Anyway some sort of mad complication will come along soon and the sorcerers will probably have the power to destroy the world.

Feel free to play as a master, a trainee, a sorcerer, or some other random bloke.. If you're going to be a sorcerer it'd be appreciated if you don't just god mod everything so you can pretty much screw us all over..

Also the setting is not modern, it's pretty much like in ancient Japan or something.. But not TOO ancient..

ENJOY!

#2   Swedishfish 

• Knight
    • PipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

I watched as the scene ended and wished i had gotten a chance to kill the fool running towards the lake. So sad that i didn't. I was to far away to use my magic. Then the fool woke back up.
      Without thinking of it, my fist clenched, and the group next to me rose up, in response.
      And it gave me an idea.
      I grabbed the spire of rock, and held it like a javelin. I aimed at what at first been a green glow, and threw it.
      Just before the rock hit him, he jumped back, and looked around for me.
      He spotted me, and him and the fool came runing for me.

#3   Lemontime 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Veterans
        • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:02 PM

Ooc: Uhmm maybe you should work on some character building before we have actual interactions..

#4   Swedishfish 

• Knight
        • PipPip
          • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

I always kick off the start of my writings with action. It makes for great hooks.

x

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic