• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

20th Century Boys

#1   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
    • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

WD posted a facepalm pic in some topic, but it didn't show up for me, so I copied the URL and pasted it in a new tab. Then, I thought "what the hell, I'll check this site out". There was a quick review of this live action film called "20th Century Boys" that was apparenty based off a manga. The story seemed pretty interesting so I started reading it.

I have to say, this is ****loads better than pretty much everything else I've read/watched. I'd say it's about as good as Cowboy Bebop in terms of storyline.

Not sure how good the live action movie is, but I'll find out in about 30 minutes.

Anyway, it's basically a story about this group of kids who were good friends back in elementary school. They always talked about how they wanted to save the world, and would think up scenarios about how some evil organization would take over the world and annihilate humanity. And then they'd dream about fighting it and stopping it. Then they'd draw/write all these things down in a notebook.

Later on as adults, the things they dreamed up as kids started happening, and suddenly they're faced with the daunting task of taking down the organization.

The time period is between the 70's (when they were kids) and the near future (2014). things are pretty boring up until about chapter 21 or so though, but that's when it starts getting interesting.

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • You cannot reply to this topic