• You cannot reply to this topic

Data Character Transfer another topic for speculation

#1   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

Well, we all know that the character data transfer played quite a big role in GS:TLA. Not an essential role, but still quite a big one when you consider djinn, character stats and such. I'm pretty sure this issue was brought up more than a year ago in some GS3 topic, but never got much thought.

So, what will be the role of the character data in GS1/GS:TLA in GS:DS? Since Camelot hinted the new character set will be a new set of adepts, there is the option of a 12 person party, but that just seems strange and too much.

I'm just curious about how Camelot will implement the transfer data in the new game, any thoughts on that?

#2   Blue 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:Video Games and Drift Racing

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

I don't think there will be one. Since it's suppose to be about the descendants I think they want to pull away from the original cast.

#3   Lukar 

• New User
        • Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

Didn't TLA give you a password when you finished the game? Well, I'd say that using the password you got from TLA will give you items at the beginning (Like what Namco Bandai did for the North American version of Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World).

#4   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
          • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
          • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:53 PM

GS1 gave you a password, but I don't ever remember TLA giving you one.

I imagine that if they did do data transfer, it'd probably be for items and djinn that you collected, and they (djinn and only certain items) would pop up in places around the map where there would otherwise be nothing. Or maybe they'll put them next to chests that are hard to find and contain good items.

That's my take on it.

Though I suppose they could do something with some of the members of the previous cast, and the data transfer would include their stats as well as items and djinn.

But, all of the djinn were supposed to be obtained by the previous cast, so I'm not sure how that's gonna work.

#5   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
            • Group: Moderator
            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

I doubt that there will be a character transfer. This game should not be about the original cast. I don't really want it to be the original cast... that would be just redundant. Isaac and Felix's crew's stories are done with as far as I'm concerned, the only character who has any story to be expanded upon is Isaac and whatever power was imbued to him by the Mars Star.

BUT, I could see there being a data transfer for some additional quests based upon your actions in GS1 and/or 2, much like the "random" events that occured in GS2 depending on what Isaac did in GS1.

#6   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
              • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
              • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:46 PM

Didn't think about that.

I think we should start speculating about what those random events might be. =O

#7   Kaj 

• Knight
              • PipPip
                • Group: Members

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

View PostSomeone Else, on Jun 8 2009, 05:11 AM, said:

BUT, I could see there being a data transfer for some additional quests based upon your actions in GS1 and/or 2, much like the "random" events that occured in GS2 depending on what Isaac did in GS1.

You mean like the encounter with Azart, Satrage and Navampa form the Colosso? I can remember bumping into them while I was in a cave where I could find a Summon Tablet or something like that. Good point. Moreover, why wouldn't there be a data transfer if you could make a clear data (was that what is was called...?) after you finished the game, like in Golden Sun? Maybe there is a password function in TLA also, but no one has ever cracked the code to enter the password menu yet. Also, it would be very easy to just put gba-cartridge in your gba slot on the DS or DS Lite; that would give problems to the DSi owners though. That's why I find it plausible that there is a password function in TLA also, but who knows.

#8   Split Infinity 

• Nebuchadnezzar
                  • Interests:.5% per annum.
                  • AKA Spam King

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:21 AM

There weren't any plans for a GS3 at the time of production, I highly doubt there's any premeditated password generator coded into the last game.

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic