• You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Sunrise discussion

#1   Drizzy Drake 

• God
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:48 AM

So I don’t have an alluring first-post to throw up. Oh well <.< I just wanted to see if anyone`s interested. If they are I`ll put up some more details.

The RP I wanted to throw was one based on prejudice, strict segregation and religious values in a fantasy setting. That the world would be split in two, and be at war; in being so both sides are absurdly incorrect and under the influence of an unseen force. Certain members on either side succumb to supernatural power and thus set in motion a chain of events which alters the face and the future of that world.

(people join! we really need an rp around here. make it larger adn better than ragnarok! hey, where'd that go btw?)

#2   Caael 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:07 AM

I'll join but you need more detail on the setting, though I guess that'll come later when you have enough people.

#3   Drizzy Drake 

• God
        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:01 PM

The Empire -- These are the Knights--the males who oppose the leading females of the cults and the ways in which they war with magic. They uphold the sword and do not bother themselves with mystical practices beyond healing and remote manipulations. The Empire was founded under the hand of Michiita, good son of Pheobae, the possessed king. The Empire is full of strict regulation. They pray to the ‘brighter side’ of Machalai-god and resort to sacrificing animals. Their practices are done by paying tribute to the Creator Spirit, that he resides abundantly upon the planet and fill their spirit with wealth and victory. They idolize the image of the Stone Male, made of polished marble bricks set in an order to represent how they believe the world was created. They appraise their young in the temples, bathing them in blessed water that the Knights they become (or wives, for that matter) will slaughter seventy Cultists. They do not allow women the right to speak out against any man; that they set themselves behind a veil and strive to support the man to whom they have been married to. The Empire opposes the Cults because they practice human sacrifice and secondly, they're really appealing women! But because their magics are so demonic in nature it is safe for them to say--and assume--that the Cultists are hellbred fiends in the likeness of human form. The Empire seeks to purge the world of them.

Cylerenne -- The Ivory-Gold city stands on the horizon opposite its rival, Mercayus. The Empire’s main body is established here; where the emperor himself governs his half of the world. The city reflects order and civility in its structures, thick buildings made of white stone, all of which stand erect about the Palace. The streets are made of red-brick and everyone who resides within Cylerenne at least appears noble. There are those who are not as rich as the blue-bloods, but they do manage to uphold an appearance as here the first impression of order and justice holds importance over all other matters. As those are the attributes the Emperor loves most. During the dawn the Palace casts its wide silhouette against the rival city; a reminder to all the cultists of the enmity between the two governments. Naturally Cylerenne dims and withers in the night.

The Cults
        -- These are the people who uphold the facts about the truth--the darkest side of things revealed to virgin eyes and ears. Ruled by Lady Xyderial, the possessed daughter of Pheobae, they go about their practices in a different, more delirious way than the Empire. Being that their Cults hail the same Spirit of Creation, they prosecute the Knights and citizens of the Empire on the basis that their ways and beliefs about Machalai-god are wrong. The first and foremost being that Machalai is indeed a female, and that the creation of the world was though an intimate weaving of the energies found stray in the cosmos. The Cultists believe in human sacrifice, especially sacrifice of the soon-to-be-mother and the First Virgin. From these practices they have discovered and channeled unfathomable things such as Visceral Creation and Bloodmagics. They summon daemons to do the work of their armies, overwhelming the blades of the Empire in numbers and by paranormal prowess. They see the Empire as self-righteous, egotistical bastards who lack all understanding of spirituality and its nature--that it can look appealing or loathsome and that it is absolute. The Cults seek the boundless potential in understanding the spirit and the way that the energies used to create the world can be channeled through one's own soul.

Mercayus -- The City of Flesh is a title that could no better describe the Cultists architectural art. The city of Mercayus is quite literally made of flesh; it is alive and well, breathing, and when a structure is harmed it bleeds. The Cultist Capitol functions as a living entity with the patrons functioning within it like symbiotic parasites. The Eldest Spire is where the head of the Regime resides. The spire, being a sickly looking, curling structure held erect by its spine and secured by many, thick writhing appendages which worm their way into the ground, is home to the Lady who governs the cultists believers by their traditions. This spire is set in the center of Mercayus--it stands tall and casts a murderous shadow into Cylerene when the day turns to dusk. The city is most alive at night, as the Cult followers abhor the sun.

Ekii -- Is a city between the two. It is of contested territory, being that the city is ‘split’ but members of either side mingle there. Ekii has no tower and in dawn and dusk it is beset again and again by the overcast threats of the Eldest Spire and the Palace. Yet the city remains at peace. There are few neutral people there who believe in neither side, but hail Machalai’s spirit the way they were taught by their fathers and forebears. The city is half flesh and half white-stone buildings. Great degrees of it are humble straw huts depicting no affiliation. They are a simple people following a simple way; wielding tools and miracles as they please, because they know things that others particularly don’t.

You could call that part of the setting. But like I said the conflict would be more religious-war based. >.> don`t everybody be part of empire. nobody gives a **** if you`re a chick.

The curious nature of the world is that one half of it is in perpetual day and the other is locked in eternal night. There is a band, about as thick as the Earth`s Equator where the sun bounces from dawn to dusk and the moon forever settles in the sky. This band is called the Twilight rim. That said, it makes sense that the two capitols of either presiding nation sits to the sides of Ekii which rests dead in the middle of the ring in the meridian where east becomes west and vice versa. Hence how the city is constantly bashed by the shadows cast over it in dawn and in dusk.

#4   Gamma 

• New User
          • Group: Members
          • AKA Darksword

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

Sure, I could join. I'd just like to RP under my regular account though.

And the Ragnarok RP? It's dead. I killed it. Escout buried it somewhere out in the basement. Although I wish he hadn't moved anything at all really. Things were better off the way they were before.

#5   Drizzy Drake 

• God
            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

fucking escout. Of course the cultists have magics, but I'd like to see a few characters getting (for lack of a better term) power(s). Not "Oh, fire! -Sets your mom ablaze- Fail bitch!"

More along the lines of being able to make NPC's and (with permission of course) PC's go insane, matter and antimatter manipulation, walking as a spirit, the ability to wield the cosmos as a weapon, etc etc etc.

I dont think we should worry about that for a lil while though. And these powers arent about god modding, its more to add to the depth of the story.

#6   Drizzy Drake 

• God
              • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

more people should join this! but whatever, i`ll have my first post soon enough.

#7   Ironsight 

• Loose cannon Cop with nothing to lose
                • AKA Darksword

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

Sounds pretty grimdark, Skidz :D
                I'll join in once I finish thinking up my character.
                Quick question though: how bad is the fight'n between the two countries/religions/governments.

#8   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                  • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

Gridmark??? Nevermind, read that wrong.

They pretty much hate either other. But because of their views, not in a Nazi/Russia hate where all they want is power.

#9   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

I'll try and ask again a little more well-worded.
                    What I meant was, how thick is the fighing between the two nations on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being skirmishes, and 10 being all-out-war)?

#10   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                      • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:42 PM

I had seen large battles few and far between, as both sides were being schematic about what to do, but they were essentialy in a fairly big conflict. But it doesn`t really matter to me. That`s kinda what this thread is here for.

#11   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                        • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:58 PM

dee-es!!!!! stop being lazy.

#12   Ironsight 

• AKA Darksword

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

I'll do it before I go to bed tonight. Don't worry.

#13   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                            • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:58 AM

View PostDarksword, on Jun 13 2009, 12:06 AM, said:

I'll do it before I go to bed tonight. Don't worry.

*stares at time this post will be posted*

#14   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:17 AM

I'll join but gimme a bit for my character.

Hmm I'm thinking something along the lines of originally in the Empire, but thrown in jail for some reason and when a raid on the city smashes open the jail or something like that, my character runs off to join the cultists.

#15   Caael 

• Master Adept

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

Me and Skidz just had a discussion over MSN involving the politics and government of the empire.

Here's what we came up with

RoyceNickleNine;;; merked; TheOneManOnThePlanetThat'llDriveOffOfTheGrandCanyon, HopOutO***randAmAndLandInItHandstanding says (14:11):
                                So your just like a random robber whos arrested or something..

Tim... Please dont forget me, or cry when I'm away says (14:11):
                                Yeah
                                For petty crimes in like slum areas or something

RoyceNickleNine;;; merked; TheOneManOnThePlanetThat'llDriveOffOfTheGrandCanyon, HopOutO***randAmAndLandInItHandstanding says (14:11):
                                kk um names...1 sec

Tim... Please dont forget me, or cry when I'm away says (14:11):
                                But because of the overbearing government guys
                                Jail
                                for life
                                Because they dont want a bad reflection on their society with crime and that

RoyceNickleNine;;; merked; TheOneManOnThePlanetThat'llDriveOffOfTheGrandCanyon, HopOutO***randAmAndLandInItHandstanding says (14:12):
                                The extremes again.

Tim... Please dont forget me, or cry when I'm away says (14:12):
                                Would it be too contrived if he was scheduled for execution?

RoyceNickleNine;;; merked; TheOneManOnThePlanetThat'llDriveOffOfTheGrandCanyon, HopOutO***randAmAndLandInItHandstanding says (14:12):
                                Not at all.
                                I always saw both sides as being too far in thier views.

Tim... Please dont forget me, or cry when I'm away says (14:13):
                                I'm going to bring a class struggle into it
                                The government imperialists seek to eliminate the working class
                                By enforcing more and more laws on them
                                effectively segregating them
                                and the slightest wrong move
                                jail
                                execution

RoyceNickleNine;;; merked; TheOneManOnThePlanetThat'llDriveOffOfTheGrandCanyon, HopOutO***randAmAndLandInItHandstanding says (14:13):
                                Thats key.
                                See, this is why i made a discussion topic

Tim... Please dont forget me, or cry when I'm away says (14:13):
                                post this shiz in there

RoyceNickleNine;;; merked; TheOneManOnThePlanetThat'llDriveOffOfTheGrandCanyon, HopOutO***randAmAndLandInItHandstanding says (14:14):
                                To just flesh it out a bit more. Because im not too into politics and government, but i like the idea of the ****, so having you by my sides good for that

Tim... Please dont forget me, or cry when I'm away says (14:14):
                                To maintain their pure image of a flawless relgion, they want to eliminate the lower class to reflect better on their image as they see them currently as a section of heresy

Tim... Please dont forget me, or cry when I'm away says (14:15):
                                They could even go as far as knights high up in the religion and government start 'purging' the slums of the city at night
                                by murdering people

RoyceNickleNine;;; merked; TheOneManOnThePlanetThat'llDriveOffOfTheGrandCanyon, HopOutO***randAmAndLandInItHandstanding says (14:15):
                                Ill have to post it in a day or two, still suspended.
                                Thats actually sick.

Tim... Please dont forget me, or cry when I'm away says (14:15):
                                Want me to post this in the discussion topic?

RoyceNickleNine;;; merked; TheOneManOnThePlanetThat'llDriveOffOfTheGrandCanyon, HopOutO***randAmAndLandInItHandstanding says (14:16):
                                just copy and pasta.

Page 1 of 1
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic