Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

new hard drive

#1   ThankMeLater 

• Berserker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • AKA skidzors, Drizzy Drake, Dipset, etc.

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

i'm gonna be investing in a new hard drive soon and i want some suggestions. i have llike a TB of free space left, but seeing as 500GB dissapeared in 8 months, i should probably get a new one. i've been looking at velociraptors, but their kinda pricey, and i was wondering if the load speed increase is really worth the extra money.

so ya.. toasty? :(

#2   Toasty 

• The toast in your toaster
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Parkour, Martial Arts, Music, Network Administration,
      • AKA The toast in the toaster in your kitchen.

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

Velociraptors aren't worth buying anymore. For their price, you can either get 3 times the storage space, or a comparably fast SSD that will last for much, much longer, with a greatly reduced chance of losing your data.

Both Western Digital and Segate have good offerings, but I'd stay away from Seagate's 1.5TB drives just to be safe. I'm not sure if they fixed the problems with them or not (though I'm pretty sure they did).

If you go with WD, then look for something in their Caviar Black series. Those drives are known for being pretty fast in their own right.

If you want my opinion though, I have this one and I've had no issues. It's pretty fast too. The 2TB model will run you $280 though.

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic