• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Items, New Djinn Or Even New Summons Discussing the above topic

#1   jackminahan72 

• Squire
  • Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 02 August 2004 - 02:15 AM

I think in GSWurld, there should be new Djinn which you can find throughout the playing area, such as Mud for Earth, or Spray for Water. Summons should also be in there, but they would be new ones, yet I am sure it would take ages for Max to make one, unless of course he is of Camelot standard, but it would probably distract him too much from other works in progress.

:lol: The #1 thing I want in the game which I just thought at the end of the preceding paragraph is actual private rooms which only you and invited friends can enter. The rooms would be accessible either by Inn, where you have to pay a fair sum of coins to buy one or if you were really rich, you could buy a special house which would be somewhere away from the Inn. There would be a shop where you can buy furniture and move it around in there, that would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool. What do you think Maxyboy?

For me? ^_^

#2 Guest_mighty isaac_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 August 2004 - 02:22 AM

I think that you will find your answer here :lol:

#3   Neon 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2004 - 03:11 AM

Your second sugestion is actually really good. It';s sort of like, opening a private chatroom thing, where the general GSW public cannot barge into your conversation. An entire room system would be cumbersome and unnecesary though. All you need to do is make a whisper system, so you can talk privately to someone.

Items, I believe, will be made that change things like your run speed. Probably not final, but Avener said something like this somewhere.

Djinn and summons and stuff are pointless, SINCE THERE IS NO BATTLING IN GSW. Omg people, read the FAQ. Or even beter, read the other GSW topics. :wacko:

#4   AveneR 

• Squire
      • Pip

Posted 02 August 2004 - 03:35 AM

It seems like you people are reading our minds.. Anyway, the ability to rent your own room in an INN has been on our minds for quite a while now, we'll have to look into that some more to see if it's technically possible, but it certainly is on our "To Do" list.

Also, whispering or sending private messages is also highly likely to make an appearance.

Take care,

#5 Guest_Oddessy_Sword_Lover_*

Posted 02 August 2004 - 02:14 PM

From what i have read...

While it is a core element of the original Golden Sun game, we decided not to implement it at the moment because it would be inconsistent with our current plans and gameplay elements.
        THEy imply that battling may come later, but dont get your hopes up with the summons thingy...

ANd i really like the idea of the private chat... ANd if they do use battling in the future my only real suggestion is...

"Have a Psynergy level and use 'Mind Read' or another Psynergy such as 'Mind Talk' and the person they try to communicate with will either
        • 1. HAve to have a like 'Friends list'
        • 2. Accept or decline a "Message from 'Player' "
        • and
        • 3. just not have psynergy and just right-click on them and talk or something like that
        "

That's it Thx

#6   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 03 August 2004 - 02:28 AM

omg, whispering via psynergy :D.

I just thought of how the room thing could work. Have, say, 10 rooms that can be used for an hour or something at the inn. Then, when all rooms are full the inn keeper tells you that all their rooms are full and that you have to find somewhere else. Then have some corridor with all the rooms off it :). That way you don't take up heaps of space with endlessly generated rooms, which is bad, and adds some realism :). No inn has unlimited rooms :D.
          After the time, the room becomes vacant and another group can 'book in' :).
          That would be a realy cool feature.

#7 Guest_Pyro_*

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:49 PM

You know, that's an awesome idea. The one about customizing a room, just to make it your little hangout. It's nothing significant, but it would be very awesome if you and your friends could come in for a private chat and they could see GS posters and beanbags and couches and stuff. My brother has a Pokemon Ruby or Diamond or whatever version, and they have this little thing where you can create a room and decorate it. It's of no importance to the game whatsoever, but it's cool to look at and relax in.

#8   odyssey_ml 

• Knight
          • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2004 - 07:19 AM

You could maybe do Djinns in hidden places around the village that give a bonus to earning money like +10% something like that (there's no need to make ppl stronger cuz there's no fighting system) I look forward to it and I must say

Keep at it AveneR (dutch me too dutch hehe nice dutch) and Max

#9   Teblor Tribe 

• Berserker
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:Golden Sun, Duh! Hockey and Baseball

Posted 07 August 2004 - 07:35 AM

Ya like every one could have their own djinn. but only one, each with it's own abiltys. And you can trade, Buy and Sell Djinn.

#10   odyssey_ml 

• Knight
              • PipPip

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:36 AM

na not like that I mean Djinn regeneration..... Like, there are Djinn in REALLY hidden places and when you get one you get uhm plus 10% money bonus for the rest of the day.... There's it's unfindable for you anymore..... It's gone if you find it, but other people see it though... Then you go search for another Djinn and there are like 8 djinn, all well hidden so you get 8 days 10% money bonus... This can expand if the GSW world is getting bigger.... if it's a small town do like 4 djinn or something

Hope that suits.

#11   Max 

• Administrator
                  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:51 PM

Pyro, custom rooms has been one of our ideas for a long time now, but we have decided it will have to wait until past the initial release. However that will be one of our new features we will focus on once things settle down.

#12   Colonel Tycho 

• Berserker
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • Interests:www.witchvox.com

Posted 09 August 2004 - 12:47 AM

If you do put the djinni in the game, once you catch one, they could go to that private hang out place and you could talk to them when you are there. Just rip a sprite off of each type and you can get them to move around and look cool in your room, which is a great idea.

There should be like a seperate house for each person. I have two ideas:

You could warp to tha house, os no space in the village would be taken up and then warp back to the place you left at

or

have a huge row of houses with the users name on a dormat in front of the house.

The houses could hold something like a bed, or prizez maybe that you could win at minigames (or win furniture at minigames, or money to buy furniture at a store, and you can either customize furniture or just have some basic chair, bed, table.)

Also, if psynergy is used, have a psy stone in every house. Also having your djinni in there.

Or you could choose a Type that you want to be when you start the game (wind, water, earth, fire) and your luck at minigames could vary with the element, and your djinni at your house could take on your element.

This probobly is too much to put in, but it would be really cool max. Just consider these ideas.

#13   odyssey_ml 

• Knight
                    • PipPip

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:31 AM

I think the warp thing is hard to make and the row of ohuses isl ike..... A HUGE town!

Butt he furniture Djinn thingy etc is cool

#14   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 09 August 2004 - 05:01 AM

If we were to add the ability to let people have their own houses, we would most likely add multiple new towns to accomodate the influx of new houses, and each would have different themes (house sprites from different cities in the real games) so people can find one they like.

#15   Julian 

• Chaos Lord
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2004 - 04:55 AM

i don't really like the idea of a "house" because it's sort of... how should you say... uh, it takes up too much space on a map, i was thinking of something like a few apartments, and have rooms, i think that's a pretty good idea, i mean, you can make the apartment rooms endless within just one building.
                          But maybe like special people can have houses :mellow: mods, admins and others who deserves one :lol:

#16   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 11 August 2004 - 05:22 AM

Yes Julian, things like that will most likely come out when AveneR and I design that feature. We will make sure that is makes good sense and that we aren't wasting space.

#17   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                              • Group: Moderator
                              • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:17 PM

Will there be more than one town? And if so will we be able to choose which town we live in, and will the town be like a server where we'll only be able to interact with people in that town?

#18   Max 

• Administrator

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:14 AM

I think I've said this multiple times before, but I guess I have to say it again:

GSW is going to be one village/town at first. There are pretty much no real advantages to having multiple towns, because we want people to interact and all be close together.

I also ask that people stop talking about servers like they know what they are talking about, because most of you obviously don't. Servers are expensive, powerful tools and we would never waste resources by having one town on only one server, and another town only on another server, that would just be plain stupid of us.

EDIT: I realize that this came across as an afront against Wind Dude, but it is not at all, I'm saying this in general because I have heard too many times people asking about the server.

#19   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                  • Group: Moderator
                                  • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:48 PM

Ah don't worry, I wasn't offended. I know it get's a little irritating answering the same questions over an over. I geuss I shouldn't have talked about these things without really understanding them at all. :lol:

Page 1 of 1
                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                  • You cannot reply to this topic