• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Silence at E3 Press Conference

#1   Max 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

This morning Nintendo held its big press conference at the E3 game conference in LA. The focus of the event was the continued promotion of the 3DS handheld console, as well as the reveal of the new WiiU console.

While Nintendo surprised us all two years ago with the reveal of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn at their 2009 E3 press conference, there was no mention of any Camelot or Golden Sun games today.

It is possible that there may be Golden Sun-related news on the show floor, and we will share that information if/when it becomes available. Otherwise, it looks like we have more waiting to do.

#2   gsninja 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator
      • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

I don't mind GS having an absence of news this year, to be honest. I'd rather have Camelot take the time GS4 deserves to make it good, then announce it either next year or at E3 '13.

#3   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator
        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:44 PM

Dark Dawn was released just last year, so I'm not particularly surprised to not hear anything this year.

#4   Mathak Kraven 

• Lord
        • PipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

Thing about this is. Camelot basically has a game engine they built for Dark Dawn. While it can be tweaked and twisted slightly it doesn't need to be built from scratch. Which should literally slash production time by a lot. That includes the whole Battle Engine they built. We should be expecting some news from a next Golden Sun game soon. Or the franchise could end up dying down too much making it one of those gems from the past.

An Online battle feature for the next one would definetly be a life extending tool for the franchise. Because Golden Sun and The Lost Age had a linked battle feature. And with the DS online system it seemed natural, so I am saddened to not see it.

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic