• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

10 Year Anniversary

#1   Max 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

On November 11, 2001, Golden Sun was released here in the United States. Within weeks, the online fan community was beginning to thrive, and a plethora of fan sites were born.

I personally got involved in the fan community in December 2001, and it's been a fun ride ever since. Sadly, with the prospects for a fourth game in the series seemingly bleak, I intend to put this site into permanent archive mode. By the end of the month, the forums will be turned off and the site will remain online only as an archive and information resource for any nostalgic players who return to the games and need some guidance.

I want to thank everyone who has been a part of this community, especially those who made this site what it was. Some of the GSS forum regulars have migrated to Facebook, so seek them out there if you are interested in keeping in touch.

I'd like to give a final thank you to Camelot and Nintendo for creating some amazing games, and for being supportive of those of us trying to foster online fan communities.

#2   Jake 

• New User
      • Group: Members

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Such a shame, :(

But I do ask, what do you mean when you talk about a fourth game? It's fairly obvious they'll be coming out with a new one in due time.

Anywho, best of luck Max :D

#3   gsninja 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Moderator
        • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Long live GSS(F), and long live Golden Sun. You're amazing Max and, once again, thank you for your commitment over the years.

As for a fourth game...Yeah, Dark Dawn ended on a giant cliffhanger, a fourth installment is all but confirmed.

#4   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
          • Group: Admin

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

The GSSF community has been with me for a third of my life. Every post made, every laugh had, every friend made, I look back upon with no regrets. The memories will never be forgotten.

Thank you for all you have done Max. No gratitude expressed in words will ever be enough.

Farewell, Golden Sun Syndicate.

#5   Caael 

• Master Adept
            • Group: Veterans
            • Interests:EVERYTHING EVER

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

This site was pretty much my first forum experience and I've met some awesome people with loads of similar interests who I'd have never had the chance to meet otherwise. For that reason alone, you have my thanks Max.

I dont care how lame it sounds, this forum and community has been a large part of my life and the people involved who i regularly keep in contact will continue to be so. Thanks guys for being awesome, thanks Camelot for making one of the best game series I've experienced and thanks Max for bringing us all together.

#6   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
              • AKA Me111

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

I'd been to a few forums before this one, but I don't think I ever stuck with one for such a long time even after my interest in the GS series dipped. It's a shame GSSF will be going but we'll always have the memories.

#7   Drizzy Drake 

• God
                • AKA A Gangster Chimppp

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

View PostCaael, on 16 November 2011 - 10:50 PM, said:

I dont care how lame it sounds, this forum and community has been a large part of my life and the people involved who i regularly keep in contact will continue to be so. Thanks guys for being awesome, thanks Camelot for making one of the best game series I've experienced and thanks Max for bringing us all together.

This. It was like a home away from home, away from home. I can safely say, without any no homo or pause needed, that I love you guys.. pause. Caael, Mallick, Kate, Icy (rofl, thx fer the n00dz), Nos, Laharal, Lightsword, Aquaman and Diddy, <3 u guize.

Emotionally I've been having a rough few years lately, but this place would always cheer me up. Whether is was trolling Toasty, or arguing with Toasty, or just plain insulting Toasty, I could always find things/people to cheer me up on here.

Really disappointed the forum's going to be close by the end of this month :(. Fuck Facebook, that shit ruined this site. One of these days, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next week, but some point in your life, Facebook will let you down, and you will detach yourself from it, and when you do, you will all reaise how much you miss GSSF and how you wished you hadn't turned on her when she needed you guys the most. SHE TRUSTED YOU, and you fucked her in the ass with no lube and left, without even saying sorry.

tl;dl I'll miss you fuckers (yes, even you Toasty).

#8   Platinum Sun 

• Disciple
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Interests:Fire, RPGs (the playable kind too), dragon lore, computer games, political satire, watching all you puny mortal humans run around like rats in a maze.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Well would you look at that, my login still works. I suppose I do rather regret losing touch with this old place. I had some good times here and GS is still one of my all-time-favorite games. You all were a good crew and I do apologize for how I let my life separate me from this little corner of the internet. I've updated my e-mail and messenger contacts if anyone that still remembers me wishes to speak in my direction. I do indeed have the Facebook now, so I may try to look you guys up, as much of a needle-in-a-needlestack problem as that is.
                  Thanks for a wild ride, guys.

Page 1 of 1
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic