Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just A Fact Worthy Of A Topic... A common healing error!

#1   Cosmos 

• Gallant
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Things I Like:<br />SCUBA Diving<br />Games<br />Movies<br />Tennis<br />Reading<br />Message Boards<br />iPods<br /><br />Things I Dislike:<br />Homophobes<br />Viruses<br />School<br />Screwdrivers<br />Heavy Metal

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:41 PM

*Please Read! Important!*

In a couple guides, and hint sections, and message boards, I have found the advice: "to use less psynergy when healing your characters, set all of their Djinn to standby, then heal, that way they will less HP to heal to full".

THIS IS INCORRECT!

When all of your Djinn are set, your spells will heal as relatively much more HP as the bonus HP you are given by the Djinn. So if you have an 80% bonus to your HP because of Djinn/Accessories, your healing spells will also heal 80% more than they say they will. You may then think that the way you have been advised to do it didn't help, but it didn't hurt either. WRONG AGAIN! If you set all of your Djinn to standby before healing, you will actually use a higher percent of your PP to heal. (Ex: (unrealistic) Isaac has 50 PP with all Djinn on standby, and 100 PP with all Djinn on set. If he uses cure once with all Djinn on standby it will use 6% of his 50 PP, or 3 PP, then when you set them back, he will have 94 PP, where as if he healed with his Djinn on set, he would have only used 3 PP.) Hope you understand, and see how the claimed "psynergy conservative" healing method really isn't.

#2   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:09 PM

You bring forth an interesting point, but I think there is one fact you might have overlooked: the purpose of this method is to try and retain more HP, not Psynergy.

Well, I'll explain it briefly (check the main site too): Cure heals 70HP, regardless of whether djinn are set or on standby (and regardless of stats, therefore). When you put them on standby, you have less HP to heal and thus you won't have to use it as much.

Once you have done this, set your djinn and equipment and you will notice that you will still have the same percentage of the HP (100% stays the same, despite the greater HP)...

Sorry that this is confusing...

#3   Teblor Tribe 

• Berserker
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Golden Sun, Duh! Hockey and Baseball

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:52 PM

No I think Golden legacey is right. Cure heals 70 hp no matter what. Exceped in battle then it heals more.

#4   Cosmos 

• Gallant
        • PipPipPip
          • Interests:Things I Like:<br />SCUBA Diving<br />Games<br />Movies<br />Tennis<br />Reading<br />Message Boards<br />iPods<br /><br />Things I Dislike:<br />Homophobes<br />Viruses<br />School<br />Screwdrivers<br />Heavy Metal

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:57 PM

I just checked on TLA and my GS game, and cure is certainly healing more than just 70 HP in both games. Unless my games are messed up (I swear, every game I own, I find a bug, post it on a forum, and then find out it doesn't work for anybody else.) what I said is true, so please try it out GL.

#5   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 07 August 2004 - 06:58 PM

Ahh, sorry about that Cosmos. I simply chose Cure because I needed an example of a Healing Psynergy (and you mentioned it); and it's description says "Heals 70HP", so I merely typed that. Sorry...

It can and does heal more, yet my explanation should still be relevant, I think... sorry...

#6   Cosmos 

• Gallant
            • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2004 - 07:03 PM

I'm not mad, I simply wanted to correct you. And the false rumor. But the Cure description misled me up till a couple hours ago. Am I the first to find this out?

#7   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 07 August 2004 - 07:06 PM

Ahh, no, actually (sorry). I remember in a topic about the best classes, nick1presta stated that a Mia as an Angel (all Mercury Djinn) with certain equipment will allow her to heal 700+ HP with Pure Wish. I overlooked merely because it wasn't relevent to my point and because I have a tendency to forget =/

#8   Teblor Tribe 

• Berserker
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Interests:Golden Sun, Duh! Hockey and Baseball

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:43 PM

Wish is way better then Arora

#9   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:45 PM

Umm... that was a really pointless post. I think we all probably know that.

By the way, it is Aura.

#10   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:57 PM

Cosmos, you have overlooked something.

So if you have an 80% bonus to your HP because of Djinn/Accessories, your healing spells will also heal 80% more than they say they will.

Healing spells (curative spells) are dependant on your elm. power. This applies to battle only. When you are on the world map, you heal exactly what the spell says. Wish will heal everyone 80HP regardless of anything.

Look at my example:

Isaac's HP with Djinn set = 500HP. He is damaged to 250HP.
                      Isaac's HP with Djinn standby = 100HP. He is damaged down to 50HP.

It's relative. 250/500 = 50/100

To heal Isaac with Djinn standby, ONE wish will do (50+80 = 130HP) Total PP used = 4PP
                      To heal Isaac with Djinn set, you need 1 Pure Wish (250 + 400 = 650) Total PP used = 20.

Yes, PP is also relative and due to stat bonuses healing classes get, it may seem like you're using more PP with djinn standby because you have less, but in reality, you have just as much if not more HP/PP used.

#11   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                      • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:03 PM

I just tried using Cure in the Venus Lighthouse and it cured exactly 97 of Ivan's HP. I don't mean to argue, but I do not think you are correct. The same thing just happened in TLA in the Mars Lighthouse, the healing spell, Cure, cured much more than 70 HP, while I was walking.

BTW: I was not using Cure Well, or Potent Cure, I made sure of it.

#12   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:07 PM

Is this in or out of battle?

I thought curative spells weren't affected by elm. power out of battle.

Oh well. The point is, you still heal more per spell with djinn on standby.

Page 1 of 1
                          • You cannot start a new topic
                          • You cannot reply to this topic