Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Actual Thoughts At Work, Here ... *SPOILERS*

#1   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, video games, the forums, etc.

Posted 11 August 2004 - 06:53 PM

Okay, I want to relieve (sp?) my actual thoughts on the ending of Golden Sun: The Lost Age. First of all, I want to point out about the threat of Weyard crumbling away without the power of Alchemy. Is it actual energy that feeds Weyard, which keeps it alive? If so, then how come it was pretty much fine all on it's own? Was it still nourished with what remaining Alchemy it has, or ... what if Weyard is pure Alchemy itself?

Second, if Alex actually achieved reaching the summit of Mt. Aleph and getting hit with the beam of psynergy, but nothing happened, does that mean he failed? Or does that mean that the legend of limitless power wasn't true? Even so, I've been hearing that the power of Alchemy was given to Issac and Co. What, like, they've been given the power of the Stone of Sages or what?

Then there's Lemuria. Sure, they're the remains of what once was the Golden Age, yet I can't figure out why it was considered a bad idea to leave that island. Is it because stubborn old Conservato forcefully implied it? Or would those that left the island actually die without the water that they drink to stay alive?

#2   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 11 August 2004 - 06:59 PM

Alex DID receive the power of the Golden Sun; however, it wasn't the complete entity, as the Power of one of the elements (Mars) was imbued into Isaac by the Wise One. So, Alex has attained greater power, but is not quite immortal yet.

As for Lemuria, it has nothing to do with the draught (Piers for example). Babi needed it since he is NOT Lemurian (I suppose their draught still contains power from the Golden Age, as in it has mystical properties). Lunpa probably didn't have to, since time is much slower there, allowing him, like all Lemurians, to live for quite a few years.

Remember, Conservato, like the Proxians (ultimately Saturos', Menardi's, Karst's, and Agatio's mission) believed that the return of Alchemy would signal destruction, for incredible wealth and power (Immortality essentially) would be available. They most likely did not know, or doubted, that Weyard is in need of the power of the Golden Age.

Still more to come... sorry...

#3   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 11 August 2004 - 07:06 PM

Golden Legacy, on Aug 11 2004, 08:59 PM, said:

Alex DID receive the power of the Golden Sun; however, it wasn't the complete entity, as the Power of one of the elements (Mars) was imbued into Isaac by the Wise One. So, Alex has attained greater power, but is not quite immortal yet.

I will add to this post... since my computer may freeze at any second... sorry...

But Issac clearly represented the Venus Clan. Yet he obtained the power of the Mars Clan? He must be a Ruffian, then.

I don't even think I made sense there. ^_^

#4   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 11 August 2004 - 07:09 PM

Ahh, I added to my previous post, so check there.

Also, note that the Wise One probably did that as a precaution, because remember, the other Elemental Stars were taken by Saturos, etc. And Isaac's corresponding element does not matter, I guess, since the Wise One was able to imbue it regardless.

#5   ForteGX 

• Master Adept
            • Group: Veterans

Posted 11 August 2004 - 07:12 PM

Isaac only gained a little bit of the power of Mars; just enough to keep Alex from immortality.

#6   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 11 August 2004 - 07:13 PM

Thank you for making it that simple, Forte... sorry Silo ^_^ ...

#7   Teblor Tribe 

• Berserker
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Interests:Golden Sun, Duh! Hockey and Baseball

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:01 PM

Piers didn't Die as soon as he left lemuria. Mabey you just die after a long time.

#8   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:47 PM

Teblor Tribe, on Aug 11 2004, 10:01 PM, said:

Piers didn't Die as soon as he left lemuria. Mabey you just die after a long time.

That didn't make much sense as to what's going on now. :P

#9   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:44 AM

Because of the sea of time and the remaining alchemy, the people of Lemuria would live for a very long time. Once they leave, they become jusy like ordinary people. Time passes regularly, so they age quicker. The time it takes for someone to die would seem very very very short for somebody in lemuria.

With the Alex thing. The Wise One imbued part of the golden suns power into Isaac. NOT necessarily the power of mars, just part of the pure alchemy. So Isaac posesses part of the power of the Stone of Sages. Alex has the rest.

For the Weyard thing. I tihnk it is that once alchemy was sealed away, the world was able to survivive on the energy that remained. No more alchemy was being produced by the elements, so the world slowly decayed as it used up the elemental powers.

I hope that helps, TLA isn't exactly very clear, but that's what I thought of it anyway.

#10   BloodPhoenix 

• Knight
                    • PipPip

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:51 AM

alex has all of the golden sun power accept a little mars, which was given to isaac by the wise one, alex became mad and tried to attack the wise one, but he failed and fell. (this is y i think gs3 shuld cum, alex wants the bit that was taken!)

and Neon! it was mars power, it sed so in the game! lol

lemurian's do age normally if they are outside lemuria

i think that Neon is right, the world survived on the power that remained, yt it was running short and unless they were quick about lighting the lighthouses, the world would fall!

one more thing (i don't no anythin g about this!) WHAT are the Stone of Sages? i might no but i might have forgot? plz tell me! :P

#11   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:03 AM

Ugh, I'm sure it says that part of the power of the forming golden sun is imbued into Isaac/imbued into the mars star which is with Isaac (hmm). It does not say that he has the mars power anywhere, just that he has some of the power of the Stone of Sages/golden sun. That would mean a bit of every element and alchemy.

I'm going to get my game now, beat the fusion dragon then write the entire Alex and the Wise One conversation on here. If i'm wrong than i'm wrong, I don't care, but all this confusion about what the Wise One says is starting to annoy me :P

#12   BloodPhoenix 

• Knight
                        • PipPip

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:07 AM

yea it says about mars but i can't be sure now either, i wish i hadn't overwrited the ending file, but i'm sure it says tht isaac has the bit of mars power tht alex doesn't have!

:P

#13   odyssey_ml 

• Knight
                          • PipPip

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:50 PM

Who says Isaac has the Mars Power?
                            That he carried the Mars Star doesn't mean he is using Mars psyenergy

Alex missed somem ore then just a little bit...... Otherwise it would've been far more harder for the Wise One to beat Alex....
                            Isaac now owns a part of the Stone of Sages (there is no proof that Alex has more or less then Isaac)

About lemuria, time passes slower there, like 50 year in the normal world is 1 year there.... This happens only when INside Lemuria or when you drink some Mystic Draught

About Weyard..... The 4 lighthouses keep an balance between Weyard of the 4 elementals.... When none are lit, the world is almost psyenergy less, except the center of all Alchemy (Mt Aleph and surroundings)

When Mercury was lit, the world's water source was regained the balance was disturbed a bit
                            When Venus was lit, the world's earth source was regained The balance was disturbed a bit also......
                            When Jupiter was lit the world's wind source was regained.... The balance was disturbed badly...... Ice would overpour this world as the combination of Wind and Water

#14   BloodPhoenix 

• Knight
                            • PipPip

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:13 PM

ok i got to it and yes i was wrong, the wise one says...

"i... the wise one, imbued the mars star with some of the powerof the forming golden sun."

"it rests even now, in the hands of young isaac!"

so yes u were right! soory i just neva got it first time, lol ^_^

i always wondered tht if there was guna b a gs3 then how was alex guna get the power from isaac, now i no ,he can't, he can only get it from the star! but gs3 will obviouslt take place a while after tla, so what will happen to the star??? i wonder!

soz, i was babbling on! lol

#15   odyssey_ml 

• Knight
                              • PipPip

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:35 PM

Yea, I´m quite good in solving mysteries in GS or TLA if I say myself... ^_^

And please talk about gS3 in the official GS3 topic...

#16   BloodPhoenix 

• Knight
                                • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:42 AM

yea soz, but there's alot of things i am trying to work out, such as shebas past, alex etc...

well i think this topics nearly finnished!

#17   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:12 PM

Riiight ...

I have nothing much else to say here, but, yeah.

#18   ForteGX 

• Master Adept
                                      • Group: Veterans

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:36 PM

Just one side note about Lemurians departing from home: Piers. He didn't age at all during the journey.

~~900~~

Page 1 of 1
                                      • You cannot start a new topic
                                      • You cannot reply to this topic