• You cannot reply to this topic

Buildings Shops, Inns, etc.

#1   vasko 

• Gallant
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:24 AM

Hey Max i have some suggestions, i was wondering if it would be possible

1) to create kind of a quiz house, where you could get prizes for answering to questions well in a row, like coins, etc.

2) to create kinda... malls, like two-story shop buildings that were connected by bridges, or something (like a city in the air in dungeon siege dunno if anyone played) so people could meet while shopping and comment bout prices and items, cause normal shops dont have much space... maybe even an inn with a shop on the second floor!

3) and finnaly, create restaurants in the inns, or just program the chairs so we can walk on them so 4 players could be talking, or even more, if two tables were next to each other.

4) a question (i know its off topic, but like im writing a post about this =P): to talk to a person, do we write a message and it appears on a speech balloon so ppl can read it and see its for them or de have to get next to people and press a button correspondant to A in Golden Sun?

#2   AveneR 

• Squire
    • Pip

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:01 AM

vasko said:

1) to create kind of a quiz house, where you could get prizes for answering to questions well in a row, like coins, etc.

It's possible, yes, but it's not on our current schedule so it most likely won't make an appearance during initial release. We'll take the idea into consideration for any future updates, though.

vasko said:

2) to create kinda... malls, like two-story shop buildings that were connected by bridges, or something (like a city in the air in dungeon siege dunno if anyone played) so people could meet while shopping and comment bout prices and items, cause normal shops dont have much space... maybe even an inn with a shop on the second floor!

Creating malls or large shops or anything like that should be doable, it all depends on how we want the maps to play and look. Our main goal is to create a fun game, thereby checking whether every decision is actually adding or subtracting fun. The latter is obviously not the way to go, but many game elements have yet to be tested to see if they're any fun. Whenever we have a decent map, we'll set-up a beta test and let you all know whether it was a success. And don't worry about not having too much space, that won't be a problem.

vasko said:

3) and finnaly, create restaurants in the inns, or just program the chairs so we can walk on them so 4 players could be talking, or even more, if two tables were next to each other

This has already been implemented in a way, so you'll just have to wait and see for yourself :P

vasko said:

4) a question (i know its off topic, but like im writing a post about this =P): to talk to a person, do we write a message and it appears on a speech balloon so ppl can read it and see its for them or de have to get next to people and press a button correspondant to A in Golden Sun?

You talk to people exactly the same way as you would use a chatbox or an instant messenger of some sort. [ie. MSN]
      We'll leave it like this until we discover better options during beta test or initial launch.

I guess that's all, well then, until next time ;)

Take care,

#3   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Veterans
        • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:26 PM

Wow the more questions answered the better this game sounds!! :P

#4   vasko 

• Gallant
        • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:50 PM

nice. i use to have lotsa ideas and help develop mods for dungeon siege and ut 2k4, so if you allow me one of these days to suggest more things, you wont regret it ; )

[If you see this part below its cause i succesfully edited a post for da 1st time; didnt see this thingy edit button before]

by the way, aveneR and Max, i know you have a lotta work, and this ideas must look impossible for now, but if you understand well every every thing i said, youll see everything was made for fun and no other objective! By the way, if any of you could tell me where can i find tutorials for programming, i can help you programming, by giving you solid suggestions instead of mere ideas!

#5   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:53 PM

why wouldn't you be allowed to suggest things Vasko?The suggestion section will always be here!

#6   Max 

• Administrator
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Admin

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:55 PM

Yes, if you have any suggestions, please post them! We are very open to suggestions, as we know that it would be impossible for only us two developers to come up with all the good ideas that are out there.

#7   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:23 PM

Yes Max and AveneR are great guys,they listen to everything we have to say are very nice about everything

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic