• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multiple Suggestions

#1   vasko 

• Gallant
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:05 PM

Max: Put this post in its own topic. Used to be in the "Buildings" thread.

OK I'm gonna make you all read till you get dizzy loooool =P hehe here are my ideas:

1- have activities than can provide rewards for gsw, like the quiz i mentioned, fanart competitions (im outta them noone votes for me after that) i mean, like i was saying, fanfic too, etc.

2- people could choose emoticons to have above their heads in the sprites to determine their moods at the moment so others could comfort them, ask them something, or think of the better way to approach them

3- droppable items; when anyone wanted , he/she could drop the item, as transparent chest that disappeared after the item was taken from it, (in case they wanted to rearrange inventory, etc) and that could be opened by everyone, so you could offer gifts for someone, just beware of some guys that can have smart ideas while your items are on the floor =(

4- people could own houses, that could be for sale at prices depending of the location (the cities of golden sun world are surely going to have the construction style of the original game's and a tolbi-like house would be much more expensive than a modest vale hut. to buy a house, there would be a paper on the outside wall of each house that you could read and then decide if you accepted the price or not. if you buy it, you can consider it as a safe place for dropping items that dont fit into inventory, because you would get a house key to open the door that would be locked to everyone but the houses owner. the door would stay opened 2 seconds after the owner entered for making possible to have guests, and to prevent thiefs ffrom enetering the house and robbing it, cos they cant enter steal and exit in 2 seconds. that way they would be locked inside and they would have to ask the authorities to exit using a special command you can use called alarm, and the authorities (who would be the admins and mods) could let them out, restoring every stolen item to the house (using a system you can create which records items and special stats each user has whenever he/she enters a new area) and then the thief would be forbidden to enter gsw (or even post in he forums, if possible) for 5 hours for each stolen item. too hash? dont think so. like i was saying, besides house exterior style, people could put in the house special items that are for sale like radios who let you choose a midi, like 50kb max size, to play in your house when your inside, and that file would be named default_midi, etc, so everyone ahd the same file, for theyr home, and another one called guest_midi, that would be the music that played inside of others' houses, and once again, everyone had their own midi so they could feel comfortable, but gsw should already come with default midis (suggestion use zelda ocarina of time's music the one that plays when your inside a house that ones really calm and i like it. mobile phones are also a good idea, and instead of a phone number you could be called by username. i invented a great adaptation for PMing, didnt i? =D

5- saving- people cant save at a real time game, but there is a funny alternative. sleeping. people can sleep in their own house, inns, or even sleep standing, while they are logged out. it would be ridiculous for people to disappear, and they can show a sleeping emoticon when theyr out. simple. and there could be, by the way, a board when you entered gsw, that showed each member's status in 2 ways- logged off/on, and mood, which would be "sleeping" for logged off members.

6- environments- be sure to make beaches, forests, cliffs with beatiful view, and even city natural decoration like huge boat port cities with 30 houses each. a great idea for a city: kalay style but with 30 houses the one reffered above, but its in a island in a lagoon, kinda like has a water ring separating it from the rest of the continent, and you had to pay a ferryboat ride to get there (but you pay both come and go, so noone wasts all money and stays stuck in a island until someone drops money (see below)

7-program activities: i dont mean jobs, cause you prefer to have fun, but you could do some activities first: gift center. a person fills in a form and leaves an item there. then someone who needs/wants money takes the item and delivers it to the destination, but estabilishing a time limit so the deliverer doesnt keep the item and if he/she does not deliver nor return the gift to the gift center (in case of failure) in about 1-3 days, he/she gets fined by the authorities (no big deal, just go back home and find a paper saying pay this if you dont pay in 1 day pay double if you dont in 2 days we get all your items and you dont get your cursor on this program for a week. another activity: maiden, or butler. someone goes to the job center another building i made up which you feel a form for a job, then someone goes there and looks for the guy who offered for the job, then hires him talking to him. you talk to someone and what he has to do can be putting your stuff at home in order (5 minutes to get some coins), being a bodyguard, etc. then at the end you pay him/her cause if you dont, your screwed cause you have to sign the form of the guy who worked for you to know you did hire him.

for now its all cause im a litlle tired, and like the page crashed and i had to write this all over again, it must have some ortography errors cause im writing this in a hurry. think about this max and aveneR! next time il talk about poster for walls, bed sheet colors, so much you'd better make a topic called vaskos suggestions!!! looooool =) see ya guys!

#2   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:51 PM

I like them Vasko,but I am not sure Max and AveneR would,The door lock in 2 seconds thing is pretty good and maybe you could give out extra keys to good friends :lol:!But then again people like GL would have access EVERYWHERE!! ;)

#3   Julian 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:29 PM

umm.. that's a long post... but..

#2 is pretty much given out on the trailer.
        #4 apartments.

#4   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
          • Group: Moderator
          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:30 PM

Whoa that's alot to read :wacko:

They're good ideas though.

#5   Colonel Tycho 

• Berserker
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Interests:www.witchvox.com

Posted 15 August 2004 - 10:52 PM

I like a couple of them, mainly the different styles of houses which i hadnt thought about, but the sleeping thing shouldnt be put in if it includes standing because if a person logged out right in front of a store entrance, then no one could get in.

#6   Julian 

• Chaos Lord
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:02 AM

if they made sleeping, obviously max would make it so that you couldn't sleep in front of doors XD... i like cellphones though...

Julian: "where are you max?"
              Max: "... right next to you..."

heh, but if you read the other topic, it basically going to be apartments because if you think about it, a house for everyone will take up a LOT of the room on the map.

what WOULD be cool is a building were moderators work, and they can add in a log of stuff going on and where you recieve reports...

lol, we can have FBIs and SWAT teams to get the members who doesn't want to "cooperate" XD

#7   vasko 

• Gallant
              • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2004 - 08:48 AM

hey, peirs, theyr just that, ideas, can be adapted or not. i dont want an y credit for anything, i just want to contribute for an experience that not only i will enjoy, but everyone else will =)

julian i really dont think that the houses will take a lot of space because if you imagine the city of tolbi, for example, if it had 30 houses, with streets, and everything, in the world map would it be bigger? nope! the same sized icon! and we can still have variety! for those who wouldnt mind apartments, there could be some, but i think most people would like houses of their own, customizable, instead of a simple room in an apartment... its a bit dull... you can have as much space as you want in a town, and it would be spectacular to be able to build a second floor on the house using kind of a mini game where all your house would be empty and there were loose stones around and you had to line them up on the border, of course it would have obstacles... the only problem is that it would be very difficult to program it for anyone to be able to do it when he/she wants, so probably if this system is adopted, we all will have to wait for max or avener to log in to ask them to reprogram our house and subtract some millions of coins from our wallet =) or it could be another mini activity, now i think about it... someone could be the citys mayor and he would be the one you had to pay and that would give you permission to play the stone mini game to build a second floor. oh, and about the cellphones, i dont think it would be exactly cellphones. just telephaty devices, no present things. its a medieval game, otherwise i would ask for max to program a little lamborghini diablo fo' me =D

about house keys, you shouldnt give them to other people, cause remeber, ther can be only 1 at a time, and if you could give them, what would be the point of all the programation i suggested if everyone could go into your house and sleep on your bed and take all your wares =( that way you wouldn need a house of your own..

Julian: Vasko, tonight im coming over cause i dont feel like walking 5 minutes to my house and yours is nearby.
                Vasko: k, heres the key

[actually i wouldnt mind letting you in my house cause your a cool guy, but this would be ridiculous]~

about sleeping still: i reckon if max uses my idea of the houses, he'll surely organize all kinds of events for people to get enough money to buy a house each, so i dont think people would be sleeping standing it wuz only an alternative for homeless ppl =)

and colonel tycho, dont worry cause max and avener are intelligent people if they didnt know how to solve a litlle impass like that one, they wouldnt be programmers ; ), and besides, i get you a solution right now. specific areas for sleeping; when people are in direct contact with anything (except with the floor, for convenience... LoL) they couldnt log out. besides that, they couldnt log out inside of other peoples houses they couldnt log out =]. this really wasnt a suggestion, just clearing up what i said. ill post more soon, but i promise it wont be a full page post =P. cya

#8   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 16 August 2004 - 11:37 AM

well I don't mean keys for sleeping,I mean for access to get in so you don't have to slip in through a two second margine, if the person had a key they could just come in right?

#9   vasko 

• Gallant
                  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:04 PM

yup, but would you like to enter your house at the end of the day and find 4 or 5 members talking there or taking ur items? you can trust your firends, but your friends can also trust other firends.. and besides, would you feel like having half of your inventory just with keys of other members houses? anyway, why would you want to enter if they werent there? only if they were inside and you couldnt get in.. that way, i have ***another suggestion*** =D when you want to enter, you knock the door or ring a bell, anything, and the user inside will receive a message from the bell saying "-user- ask to enter" or anything like that. anyway, a cool solution for that time margin: after a user enters home, the door closes but doesnt lock. just locks in the inside, and when you exited same with inside. that way there could be no stealing, cause the thiefs could get in but not out, and who gets out doesnt get in again.

anyway, we still have to wait to see if max and aveneR will use these ideas, and how will they use the ideas... they can change them in any way they want, and i can only accept it, cause theyr the bosses =)

#10   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis

Posted 16 August 2004 - 04:11 PM

Not for when theperson who owns the house isn't there,its so that people don't have to walk out and walk back into thier house so a guest can come in

EDIT:Oops nevermind,I didn't read all of your post :(

#11   Colonel Tycho 

• Berserker
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • Interests:www.witchvox.com

Posted 16 August 2004 - 04:58 PM

vasko, i was correcting YOU when i was talking about the sleeping where you leave... not max and aveneR. Also, people should only be allowed to come into your house if you are inside it. They could knock on the door by pressing an action button, or just by walking up to it. People then wouldnt be able to get in if you wernt there, and also you should be able to know who it is like a message should tell you that "Vasko has knocked on your door. Let him in? Yes No "

#12   vasko 

• Gallant
                        • PipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:48 PM

you must think this is all just like that, you want and its done just for you =) sorry it isnt. i was suggesting an easy of programming the door stuff, and i never said max and avener would do it worst than that. i was giving a suggestion and not imposing my word, got it? i never said max and avener were doing a bad job, so you dont have the right to be mentioning i said it, ok? just try to be a little more comprehensive and try to understand when people are trying to help, ok? by the way, if you suggested more things instead of being complicating the existing ones, you would do better. that procedure i mentioned covers every aspect of that part, and most probably you would find the ending result very easy to use, if i can study it more deeply. by the way, max said room decoration wasnt going to be on 1st edition, which i think a good decision. first part: the essential, second part: the acessory. the houses will most likely be programmed on october/november, and im just giving it a small calculation... so chill out, ok?

#13   Max 

• Administrator
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • Group: Admin

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:58 PM

vasko, I've been reading this thread since it was created, but haven't responded until now. Could you do us (AveneR and I) a huge favor and consolidate all the suggestions you've come up with in this thread into a single comprehensive post, with as little extra fluff as possible. Try to make things clear and avoid changing your mind on things mid-post. Thanks again for all your ideas.

#14   vasko 

• Gallant
                            • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:22 AM

well, that question couldn't come at a better timing! To avoid situations like chrashing, and so on, I have compiled all my ideas in a text file, and I was posting it by parts. I'll add some more ideas and when I can, I'll post it(you can send any file attached, isn't it?)

Page 1 of 1
                              • You cannot start a new topic
                              • You cannot reply to this topic