Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mega Man Official Topic

#1   «Raziel v3.0» 

• New User
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Playing RPGs, doing RPGs with RPG Maker 2003, go out with REAL friends, watch humor stuff on tv and randomly surf on the net.<br><br>That's about all.

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:18 PM

Yup, the title says it all!

What do you think of the mmbn series in general, and what do you think of this two versions thing? I myself am afraid that it's gonna become as boring as pokemon. I actualy liked, and still like pokemon, but it isnt fun anymore... I guess they need the fan rate to sudenly drop to make some (hopefully cool) changes.

About the boring part.. Mmbn is becoming boring, yes. Try playing mmbn 4, you'll see what I mean, I don't want to give you any spoilers.

Even with all that, im going to keep playing mmbn, at least it always brings new stuff in each sequel! (darkchips!!)

What's your opinion about it, and it's future?

#2   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:29 PM

I love MMBN series. MMBN2 was arguably the best although I enjoyed 3 quite a lot. The Meteor folder from th RFF and the ProtoMan/Bubbleman Folder is great (Both of which I use) so it's fun. Not to mention I make my own folders.

About the boring part.. Mmbn is becoming boring, yes. Try playing mmbn 4, you'll see what I mean, I don't want to give you any spoilers.

I thought MMBN4 was good. The soul union system was different and didn't let you customize like MMBN2 and 3 did but I liked it.

I think MMBN could be going the way of pokemon especially with the special requirements such as the 200 chip minimum to face Serenade and others. It requires you to trade and collect instead of just battling and having fun.

Overall, I give the MMBN series a 9/10.

#3   «Raziel v3.0» 

• New User
        • Interests:Playing RPGs, doing RPGs with RPG Maker 2003, go out with REAL friends, watch humor stuff on tv and randomly surf on the net.<br><br>That's about all.

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:36 PM

I understand that, I feel the same way about the series, maybe I was a bit too hard before. I was mainly talking about the, for example, *small spoiler* between tournament quests. Sometimes they ask you to go to places that are far away from your currently place, and that makes me wanna stop playing. But its the fact that its such a good game overall that makes me keep playing.

And in conclusion, my fear is that in any sequel soon I will get so frustrated with those little quests that it will ruin the pleasure of playing sucha great game with such a great gameplay! Its classified as an RPG, but its truly something diferent... You know what I mean if youve played the series.

Oh, and the souls... *tries to be polite* Are not as fun as the style changes. That was a BAD change.

#4   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:37 PM

I know. Style changes let your have over 25 different styles (Heat/Elec/Aqua/etc, Guts/Team/etc) while Soul only lets you have 3 or 4. It sucks.

The Dark side thing sucks too. I don't want to lose 1HP forever for something stupid like using a certain chip. It's dumb.

#5   «Raziel v3.0» 

• New User

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:52 PM

Yeah! I understand what you mean! :blink:

They should have kept the style changes and the darkchips, even though its the coolest thing in the game, should, for example, damage you in 100HP for each use instead of permanently remove 1HP!

I say we all get together, dress as pizza-hut men and plant a bomb in the capcom building :) (Not realy...)

#6   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
              • Group: Veterans
              • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
              • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:26 PM

Not a big fan of Megaman games, although I used to have Battle Network, swapped it with my friend for Konami Krazy Racers, which is like, Sony's answer to Mario Kart. xD

#7   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:35 PM

I am replaying MMBN3: White for some fun. I want to trade my AMAZING chips from MMBN3: Blue that I have, but I should play it legit again.

#8   «Raziel v3.0» 

• New User

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:05 PM

I dont care about legit stuff as long as I stick to how the game is suposed to be. I mean I only dont use button combo codes or any kind of cheating device.

For example, thanks to GameFaqs and the numberman code machine in mmbn4-bm early in the game I had all my stats in 5 and I only didnt have 1000HP cause I couldnt fit both +500HP programs on the navi customizer! :!:

Its Capcoms fault for putting so powerfull programs easily in the hands of anyone with a internet connection. :silence:

#9   Fury 

• Lord
                  • PipPipPipPip
                    • Interests:Full Metal Alchemist<br /><br />Final Fantasy<br /><br />Fire Emblem<br /><br />Golden Sun<br /><br />Maybe drawing<br />(not that good)<br /><br />Naruto<br /><br />Bleach<br /><br />Ice cream<br /><br />Rocky I, II, III, IV, &amp; V
                    • AKA EarthAdept

Posted 12 July 2004 - 10:27 AM

I got MMBN4 Red Sun yesterday and I just got the Guts Soul.I was excited when I got it and it turns out to be pretty good but I havn't used it that much yet.I'm saving it for tough fights or bosses.I like the game series alot.I haven't played 1&2 cuz I couldn't find them anywhere and decided to get 3 instead.I liked the style changes alot and even tho the souls aren't as good I still like them.Overall the game gets 7.5/10

#10   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, video games, the forums, etc.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:59 PM

Sure, there was a few MegaMan Battle Network topics, but they're gone, and this is the motherload--a whole thread commune to the MegaMan franchise. You may discuss MMBN here, as well, so don't get discouraged.

I, officially, am obsessed with the MMBN franchise (I call it EXE for short), and it's very popular amongst America and Japan alike. I'm not entirely sure about Europe, but it's all in the same.

You can see my fandom through my current set (avatar and signature), in the form of one of my favorite Navis; SearchMan.EXE.

Anyone else want to share?

#11   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:02 PM

You know I do!

But...I know very little about the Original, X, and Legends series.

Most of my MM knowledge lies in MMBN, and even that's very little...

MMBN owns all other sub-series (aside from the original).

(Oh, and anyone who can't figure out my favorite net-navi will be shot. :P)

#12   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:06 PM

What do you mean it will be shot forte?

#13   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:09 PM

I mean it's painfully obvious that Forte.EXE is my favorite.

#14   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:11 PM

:P :huh: Is that the reason your name is Forte?

#15   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                • AKA Horasu

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:49 PM

...Yes.

My favorite are the MMBN series... and the MM Zero series. Who wouldn't want to play the role of a legendary reploid right from the beginning?

My av shows the main character of MM Zero... Zero.

#16   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:37 PM

I like it MW. Maybe I'll rate them later. Yeah, I have noticed that people have been using usernames that is based on they're favorite characters. ^__^ It's really good too...(I'm going off-topic, bad me)

Mega-Man? I have watched the series. I liked it actually. I'm just not really used to the games though. I have this Electronic Gaming Magazine, and it says something about games based on Mega-man. (There are a few games based on Mega-man actually)

#17   Ganon 

• Slayer
                                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                                    • Interests:Hi.Sup.Wasup.Goodbye.bye-bye.See ya.

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:54 AM

How bout we try to figure out where the story is headin?

i accaully have a good idea:The MMBN sereis has pattern watch

bn1 enimie:the www
                                    bn2 enime:other people
                                    bn3 enime:the www
                                    bn4:enime:other people

so according to that chart the www is now up at bat soon so how should the story go?heres my theory:i was reading my favorite Bible verse that went like this:i am the beginning and the end i am the alpha and the omega i am the allmighty.to mmbn3 fans alpha should ring some bells if you beat it that is :P so what if the next game focused on alphas brother type thing called omega?than in the next an almighty warlord virues machine called almighty that could not only destroy the internet yet the world with the simplest attack?either way were in for a mega man story like no other

#18   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:48 AM

Well, take into consideration that you can fight "Omega" level enemies.

Ex: You fight Alpha Omega at the end of the game.

I can't believe I forgot the Zero Series! Well, MMZ1 chewed me up and spit me out, but I did considerably better in MMZ2; all Elves, all Forms, and EX Weapons.

Anyone else think that Commander Elpizo was a girl until Ciel referred to him as a "he"? Either way, he's still the coolest boss character, albeit a bit weak.

I can't wait for MMZ3! :P

#19   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:53 PM

I'm most knowledgable in the MMBN series. 1-4. Anything.

I love the X series (still play MM-X for SNES) and I am beginning to love the Zero series as well.

#20   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                          • AKA Horasu

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:55 PM

Dude... right from the start, I said: Elpizo's evil! How can anyone NOT be evil with that... LOOK?! Down with Elpizo! I was right, wasn't I? =)

EDIT: Favorite navis? Aquaman, because he's a midget bubble dude, and who doesn't like him? XD Also, my serious favorite navi is... Bass Omega! Majority likes him too, but oh well.

#21   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:08 PM

From here on out, anything that's official with each series is pinned untill Max can approve of that decision. I am just merely promoting the topics, but if it is connected with a certain popular series, I shall pin it up anyway. That is all.

#22   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 23 September 2004 - 05:28 PM

MMZ is a great throwback to old MMX games. Bringing back some familiar EX Weapons, etc. Plus it has that classic MM difficulty.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting, Zero. Now, I'll destroy you, along with Neo Arcadia, and create a world just for Reploids. What do you think? Won't it be paradise?!"

-Elpizo

#23   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 26 September 2004 - 04:07 PM

Wow, you got that far in the game, Forte?

#24   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                  • AKA Horasu

Posted 26 September 2004 - 04:09 PM

I beat mmz3. :B I think it's the best outta all.

#25   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 September 2004 - 05:10 PM

I'd like to see the 32-bit MMX games (4-6) released on the GBA. Sure, I could buy them on PC, but they wouldn't be as fun (or easy) to play.

*chants*

Megaman X4! Megaman X4! Megaman X4!

#26   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 26 September 2004 - 05:10 PM

Er, MMZ3's not out yet ...

#27   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 September 2004 - 05:27 PM

Clearly not in Eastern U.S.

But I can wait; I still have yet to acquire MMBN 4.

#28   Issac_Zero2 

• Chaos Lord
                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                          • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                          • Location:Brooklyn, New York
                                                          • Interests:Duh, Golden Sun!

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:49 PM

Megaman Battle Network 4 was a so-so game...Graphics I enjoyed and battle system...Basically everything improved...Except the story...The story was too basic and bland...Doing errands, defeating the tornemants and defeating a dark navis...Too repetitive...
                                                          Personally, I like the MMZ series the best...Dispite what game magazines and sites say...Zero is definately the coolest in my opinion...And the 3 guardians of X: Harupia, Leviathan and Fenrir...

#29   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                                                            • Joined: 15-February 04
                                                            • Location:Toronto, Ontario

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:40 PM

I played MMZ and that was about it. It gave me the original feeling (Megaman 6 anyone?) and it also felt a little like Sonic (2d scrolling sprite).

#30   Linear 

• Master Adept
                                                              • Joined: 26-August 04

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:50 PM

nick1presta, on Sep 26 2004, 07:40 PM, said:

I played MMZ and that was about it. It gave me the original feeling (Megaman 6 anyone?) and it also felt a little like Sonic (2d scrolling sprite).

o.O? It almost felt like sonic? How? B)

#31   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                                • Joined: 27-January 04
                                                                • Location:California, USA
                                                                • AKA Horasu

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:09 PM

Linear, on Sep 26 2004, 09:50 PM, said:

o.O? It almost felt like sonic? How?  B)

...Ergh. Read the thing in parenthesis right after he said it felt like Sonic.

#32   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                  • Joined: 19-June 04
                                                                  • Location:Sweden

Posted 27 September 2004 - 01:13 PM

A megaman topic eh? Well what can i say. Theese games are great. The music is the best part and the characters. You gotta love Zero. I dont really know what my favorites game the series is.

#33   Issac_Zero2 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                    • Posts: 776

Posted 27 September 2004 - 01:30 PM

The most mature ones are Zero and X...
                                                                    I don't know, they just feel more adult like...The classic ones and MMBN is just too kiddy...
                                                                    Legends is pretty cool though but The Zero and X series were the best...
                                                                    X4 was my fav in X, and Zero 2 was my fav in Zero...
                                                                    But you gotta love Omega...He looks so cool...
                                                                    Worst villian is Wily...So annoying...
                                                                    Megaman and Bass I liked the most out of the classic series...Maybe Megaman 7

#34   ForteGX 

• Master Adept
                                                                      • Posts: 2,517
                                                                      • Joined: 18-July 04

Posted 27 September 2004 - 01:58 PM

I have to agree with you, there; Megaman & Bass and Megaman 8 are my favorites. I just wish that there were more Original MM games with those graphics, like, if Capcom would continue the saga.

I've only played MMX-treme, which I'm pretty sure was a remake of one of the older MMX games on the GBC.

And, as for Megaman Legends...?????

#35   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
                                                                        • Posts: 1,479
                                                                        • Joined: 01-August 04
                                                                        • Location:Sarver, PA

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:57 PM

Well, looks like the EXE series is bringing in some nostalgia from previous games, so it's safe to say EXE is a continuation of all the other MegaMan games.

Speaking of which, they should bring in a revamped Tron Bonne, and there should be some sort of signature virus conspiracy, when the servbots become actual viruses in EXE, and she's to blame for it. Maybe she'll have the youngest member of the Bonne family as her Navi (if I could remember his name) ...

#36   Mystic 

• Squire
                                                                        • Pip
                                                                          • Posts: 56
                                                                          • Joined: 09-September 04
                                                                          • Location:The dwellings of the megaman world
                                                                          • Interests:Megaman, goldensun, fire emblem, hating people who show off.

Posted 05 October 2004 - 07:46 AM

absolutely. Megaman zero is the ultimate best megaman game (in my opinion). The battle network games have severly lost their touch since battle network 2. I agree. MMBN2 is better than 3 or 4. 4 is just crazy. That game is way too easy. You have to go through many games (after you beat the game, you go onto hard mode, after that, super hard mode, after that it continues infinitely on super hard). normal mode has level one and ex viruses. hard has level 2 and 2ex, super hard has level 3 and 3ex. The game is way too easy as I said before. Megaman zero 3 comes out today! The same day Im posting this. Ill go to a game store in a few days to get it... he he.

#37   Enoch 

• Disciple
                                                                            • Posts: 1,233
                                                                            • Joined: 26-April 04
                                                                            • Location:Never the same
                                                                            • Interests:Serving my fellow man. What greater joy is there than this?

Posted 05 October 2004 - 08:06 AM

I think that Zero and zero-2 are possibly the hardest Megaman Games. I have beat every other MegaMan game I have encountered, and after beating Megaman Zero, I feel thAT i HAVE COMPLETED A chapter ih my life. And I enjoy the music to.

#38   Issac_Zero2 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:46 PM

All the Zero games are short but their replay value is high...Epecially in MMZ3...Which by the way came out today...Oct 5....

#39   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                                                • Posts: 2,333
                                                                                • AKA Horasu

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:56 PM

Gack. Mystic took both part of my name AND my avatar theme! I HAVE LOST MY UNIQUENESS! ARRGH!

#40   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:03 PM

Just go back to Roy and Link.

And I still need MMBN 4!

Oh, and for the people who didn't know:

Red Sun:

Fire Soul
                                                                                  Guts Soul
                                                                                  Roll Soul
                                                                                  Search Soul
                                                                                  Thunder Soul
                                                                                  Wind Soul

Blue Moon:

Blues Soul (The "soul" reason I'm gettin' this copy. Heh, get it? "Soul"? It's a pun! Ahh...I'm so witty...)
                                                                                  Junk Soul
                                                                                  Metal Soul
                                                                                  Aqua Soul
                                                                                  Number Soul
                                                                                  Wood Soul (bleah...)

#41   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                                                    • AKA Horasu

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:06 PM

I prefer Red Sun for Search Soul, Wind Soul, and the fact you can actually fight Roll.

#42   Issac_Zero2 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:08 PM

I like MMBN4 (the one I have is BM)...Its just that the story keeps getting worse...
                                                                                      I would like to quote myself on another forums...

Quote

The megaman series of Megaman Battle Network was awsome the first time I played it...
                                                                                      But now...Instead of every sequal becoming good...it degrades even more...
                                                                                      Like the story...The first 2 were great stories...Especially # 2 with the way the story with Gospel went ws nice and comfortable...
                                                                                      The 3rd one on the other hand wasn't as good...
                                                                                      Oh...man...talk about the 4th one...horrible! You go on a date...stop dark navis from sending a meteor into the earth...and a tourney...I don't mind the tornaments or the story...Its just the way it came out...

The only thing that became better was the fighting...except 4...3 had the best fighting style...

The souls are a nice addition...but they seem useless to me...compared to styles

The graphics on the other hand were fine to me...The 4th one's graphics was "cute" with gba style celshading...
                                                                                      I'm sorry Megaman.exe but alot of things needs to be fixed in the next one...even though Megaman is cool...

There...

#43   The Postman 

• Gallant
                                                                                      • PipPipPip
                                                                                        • Posts: 221
                                                                                        • Joined: 13-February 04
                                                                                        • Location:NOT IN AN IGLOO :P
                                                                                        • Interests:Martial Arts<br />Books<br />Games (Gamecube, PC, GBA)<br />Internet (Forums mostly)<br />Swimming<br />ME FRIENDS! OMG I HAF TEH FRIENDS! OMGWTFLOLZBBQS!!!!111shift+one!!111<br />I thinkees thatsas its!?

Posted 05 October 2004 - 07:47 PM

I absolutely hated the tournaments in MMBN4, it just got so repetitive, and annoying. What was the worse thing though was that you had to play 3 TIMES to actually beat everytihng 100%. I just wish they'd made the hard mode like in MMBN2 or sumthin.

#44   Mystic 

• Squire
                                                                                        • Pip

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:18 AM

MysticWarrior, on Oct 5 2004, 05:56 PM, said:

Gack. Mystic took both part of my name AND my avatar theme! I HAVE LOST MY UNIQUENESS! ARRGH!

...I havent taken a thing. I registered on here not knowing a thing about you. I had this name for about 5 years and was used as a character on every game I had. I had set my avatar, and my username way before I knew you existed. As I said, I havent taken a thing. If you still have problems... then I dont know what you can do. The only thing I can think of is changing my avatar and leaving...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2001_1_.jpg
                                                                                          • Attached Image: RockmanZero3_02_1_.png

#45   Valistrix 

• Disciple
                                                                                            • Posts: 1,170
                                                                                            • Joined: 04-August 04
                                                                                            • Gender:Male
                                                                                            • Location:England
                                                                                            • Interests:I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH.
                                                                                            • AKA Link

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:50 AM

My favourite megaman games are definatley the megaman zero ones, there amazing, the graphics are really good aswell. I like the MBN series aswell but not as more as zero.

#46   Issac_Zero2 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:13 PM

I recently just purchased MMZ3 aqnd beat it 4 hours later...
                                                                                              Yes...I like MMZ the best and I don't know how people gave it such bad ratings...It never seems to get repetetive for me and I have fun collecting all the disks and getting Ultimate Mode...Which is awsome by the way...

#47   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                                                                • AKA Horasu

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:34 PM

Mystic, you should know, I like to kid a lot. Sorry.

#48   Enoch 

• Disciple

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:36 AM

Practically everyone has a Megaman Related Avatar. I think it's cool!
                                                                                                  Un-original, but cool! I didn't even know that MegaMan Zero 3 came out already. That'l be cool!

#49   Mystic 

• Squire
                                                                                                  • Pip

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:12 AM

Yes, I think it is fine that alot of people have megaman related avatars. I like megaman better than goldensun, though. Zero 3 is expected to be good though.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: zero_3_box.jpg

#50   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                      • Posts: 2,686
                                                                                                      • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                                                      • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                                                      • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:18 AM

Kool where did you get that? Has Zero ever appeared before Megaman I wonder?

#51   Issac_Zero2 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2004 - 01:58 PM

Zero was X's partner...
                                                                                                        I like Zero better than X becuase he's just cooler and he doesn't need armour or powerups to make him powerful...

#52   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:45 AM

Echo_djinn, on Oct 8 2004, 12:18 PM, said:

Kool where did you get that? Has Zero ever appeared before Megaman I wonder?

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! We're talking about totally different sub-series, here!

Megaman (Original)- Rock, Roll, Blues, Bass, Light and Wily

Megaman X- MM X, MM Zero, Light, Wily (doesn't make an appearance), etc. etc. etc.

I don't think you'll see Zero in MM1, unless you meant MMX1.

EDIT: I misread; but still, MM1 is definitely the first MM game there is; X came after.

#53   cyberRoll 

• Slayer
                                                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                            • Posts: 304
                                                                                                            • Joined: 01-September 04
                                                                                                            • Gender:Female
                                                                                                            • Location:Not on vacation
                                                                                                            • Interests:reading, writing, drawing<br />thats all.

Posted 14 October 2004 - 02:51 PM

Megaman ahh the days. I have sooo many megaman games! I bet none of you can stand up and honestly say you have Megaman 8! Megaman is one of my favorites! Just click the link in my signature!

#54   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                              • Posts: 953
                                                                                                              • Joined: 26-August 04
                                                                                                              • Location:Gundam
                                                                                                              • Interests:Auck.

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:10 PM

Uh... cyberRoll? You borrowed those Megaman games from me. Megaman8, MegamanX5.... the list goes on..... Anyway, the MegamanZero games are hard for me. But, I love them.

#55   Valistrix 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                • AKA Link

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:07 PM

I have MegaManZero 3 *cough*rom*cough and it is sweeet. The game itself is really really tough. The bosses are nearly impossible to beat.

#56   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                  • AKA Horasu

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:15 PM

I don't like how they butchered MMZ3 when it was released in America... =/

#57   Valistrix 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                    • AKA Link

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:17 PM

I'm am really stuck on this big kinda thing, I can't explain it, they looks bizzare, oh wait its a clone of Zero.

#58   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 17 October 2004 - 12:15 AM

Hey, MysticWarrior, what exactly do you do in the minigames in MMZ3? I realise that you can play as the Four Guardians, but what do you do? Do you play full missions with them?

#59   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                        • AKA Horasu

Posted 16 October 2004 - 10:12 PM

No. It's just that - a minigame.

On Zero's Mini-game, you get to kill bees w/ the recoil rod as they fly at you.

On Ciel's Mini-game, you guide balls into their correct hole by opening and shutting doors. This is done on a computer.

On X's Mini-game, you have to blast element chips. X can switch element to destroy the opposing element. Fire>Water>Thunder>Fire.

On Harpuia's Mini-game, you ride Aztec Falcon. You have to avoid spiked pillars, holes, and being crushed by walls, and you can slash at bees to kill them in your way.

In Fefnir's Mini-game, you can go left to right, protecting 4 crates from those little things that carry spike balls in mmz1.

In Leviathan's Mini-game, you can spear mechaniliod fish to gain +1 seconds. Combo's gain you more seconds. Spearing real fish loses 5 seconds. You start with 30 seconds.

In Phantom's Mini-game, you have to jump from shuriken to shuriken around 10,000 feet in the sky. If you fall, game over. Jump over spike balls to avoid losing lives.

#60   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                          • Posts: 2,686
                                                                                                                          • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                                                                          • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                                                                          • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:01 AM

OK so Mageman and Zero are to different people and have two different series and they have never met before. Right? Ok but what about Bass and his origin. Is he only seen in Megaman series or is he in Zero series too?

#61   Issac_Zero2 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2004 - 03:20 PM

X and Zero have met before...They fought alongside in the Maverick Wars against Sigma...They have been best friends and spar against each other...
                                                                                                                            Bass is in Megaman Classic series and Megaman Battle Network...

#62   Enoch 

• Disciple

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:00 AM

X and Zero are partners. Though I could have sworn that Bass appeared in one of the Megaman-x games. Out of the four guardians, Fefnir is the coolest!

#63   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:01 AM

Fefnir is the arrogant and ****y individual out of the Four Generals. Too bad Zero can kick his arse, as can Omega (see MMZ3).

Speaking of which, did you see the translation error in Omega's profile in one of the Disks? :wacko:

#64   Enoch 

• Disciple

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:54 AM

I don't care about wether or not he is ****y. And Zero could kill all of them. Fefnir's body armor is boss, man! And his full power mode looks like a tank.

#65   Issac_Zero2 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2004 - 04:54 PM

Out of the Four Guardians of X, I like Harupia the best...
                                                                                                                                    He's like a bad/good guy and his type of attacks are pretty cool...
                                                                                                                                    Lightning...

#66   The Postman 

• Gallant
                                                                                                                                    • PipPipPip
                                                                                                                                      • Interests:Martial Arts<br />Books<br />Games (Gamecube, PC, GBA)<br />Internet (Forums mostly)<br />Swimming<br />ME FRIENDS! OMG I HAF TEH FRIENDS! OMGWTFLOLZBBQS!!!!111shift+one!!111<br />I thinkees thatsas its!?

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:47 PM

The Four Guardians are bad guys or good guys?

#67   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                        • AKA Horasu

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:47 PM

Good guys that are ignorant and do bad things.

#68   The Postman 

• Gallant
                                                                                                                                        • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:48 PM

K, so they're good guys that are against Zero and X.
                                                                                                                                          Blah.
                                                                                                                                          Anyone here gonna get MMBN5?

#69   Zaque 

• Squire
                                                                                                                                          • Pip
                                                                                                                                            • Posts: 55
                                                                                                                                            • Joined: 19-September 04

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:00 PM

perhaps, most likely, but i haven't even beaten mmbn4 yet. well sort of, i'm on the 4th continue it that counts. ^_^

#70   Issac_Zero2 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:13 PM

The Postman, on Oct 24 2004, 08:48 PM, said:

K, so they're good guys that are against Zero and X.
                                                                                                                                              Blah.
                                                                                                                                              Anyone here gonna get MMBN5?

Fenrir, Leviathan, and Harupia all want to protect X (in our heads, Copy X), as they care about him very much...
                                                                                                                                              I like the way that they rival Zero by power...They always want to fight Zero and get like an addiction to fighting him...Weird...
                                                                                                                                              Out of all the bad guys in Zero, I'd have to say that Harupia and Phantom are the coolest...

#71   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                                • AKA Horasu

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:41 PM

Well, considering this IS a Megaman topic... what would you rate each of my folders, out of 100?

Fireworks
                                                                                                                                                ---------------------
                                                                                                                                                3 Volcano G
                                                                                                                                                3 BlkBomb3 G
                                                                                                                                                4 Magnum2 G
                                                                                                                                                4 AreaGrab *
                                                                                                                                                4 Invis *
                                                                                                                                                3 Shadow *
                                                                                                                                                3 Lavastage *
                                                                                                                                                1 Fullcust * [Preset]
                                                                                                                                                1 Gutsmanv1 G
                                                                                                                                                1 Gutsmanv2 G
                                                                                                                                                1 Gutsmanv3 G
                                                                                                                                                1 Gutsmanv4 G
                                                                                                                                                1 FoldrBak *
                                                                                                                                                ---------------------

Basis: Smack your opponent around with area-wide attacks.

The main combo is to use Lavastage for them to suffer a while, then Volcano to use up all of your lava panels, then use Blkbomb on a lava panel. The Blkbomb immediately explodes on impact of a lava panel. If it doesn't land on a lava panel, a Volcano will both attack the enemy and Blkbomb, dealing double damage. Magnum2 is to also light the Blkbomb, and prevent movement.

The Gutsmen are there to eliminate the panels of your opponent, restricting their movement for you to freely attack him/her with chips. It also takes out lava panels, if you just don't feel like waiting.

Areagrabs are for more damage in Volcanos, and to counter other Areagrabs.

Invis/Mole is for defense.

Fullcust and Foldrbak are for fluidity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No Guts, No Glory
                                                                                                                                                ---------------------
                                                                                                                                                3 GutImpct G
                                                                                                                                                4 DashAtk G
                                                                                                                                                2 ZapRing2 G
                                                                                                                                                4 Sensor2 G
                                                                                                                                                4 MetaGel3 G
                                                                                                                                                4 Guard *
                                                                                                                                                3 Invis *
                                                                                                                                                1 FullCust * [Preset]
                                                                                                                                                1 Gutsmanv1 G
                                                                                                                                                1 Gutsmanv2 G
                                                                                                                                                1 Gutsmanv3 G
                                                                                                                                                1 Gutsmanv4 G
                                                                                                                                                1 FoldrBak *
                                                                                                                                                ---------------------

Basis: This folder utilizes the might of Gutsman. The main P.A. here is the crude P.A. GtsShoot.

Since most of these attacks require extreme luck to connect or a paralyzed opponent, a lot of paralyzing chips have been added. The Gutsmen on their own can crack the enemy panels and restrict movement.

The other attack of this folder are the GutImpct's. They pack quite a punch (/pun), but the offsets of the GutImpcts are their poor range. That's why MetaGels have been added. Metagels will keep your opponent from standing in front row, so you can steal away. Also, the paralyzing chips stated above not only helps with GtsShoot, but GutImpct as well.

Each chip that are a part of the P.A. can be used seperately. Guard for defense, DashAttack for... attacking... and Gutsman to deal damage and restrict movement.

Guard and Invis are for defense.

FullCust and FoldrBak are for fluidity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Checkmate!
                                                                                                                                                ---------------------
                                                                                                                                                4 Varsword B
                                                                                                                                                3 Condor B
                                                                                                                                                3 Geyser B
                                                                                                                                                3 Magnum B
                                                                                                                                                4 Pawn B
                                                                                                                                                2 Areagrab *
                                                                                                                                                3 Invis B/*
                                                                                                                                                2 Shadow *
                                                                                                                                                1 Protomanv1 B
                                                                                                                                                1 Protomanv2 B
                                                                                                                                                1 Protomanv3 B
                                                                                                                                                1 Protomanv4 B
                                                                                                                                                1 FullCust *
                                                                                                                                                1 FoldrBak *
                                                                                                                                                ---------------------

Basis: Trap your opponent and then smack them upside the head with whatever you got.

The main dish here are the Pawns and Varswords. It's suggested you place one Pawn each on the top and bottom of your opponent's front row, use Condor to lure them into the pawns, and then Magnum the middle row (if you can't aim, just let it go for a while. It'll stop on the middle row after a while) like so:

[_][_][_][P][=][=]
                                                                                                                                                [_][M][_][X][X][X]
                                                                                                                                                [_][_][_][P][=][=]

M - Megaman
                                                                                                                                                P - Pawns
                                                                                                                                                X - Broken panels by Magnum
                                                                                                                                                = - Potential places opponent(s) may be

After that, you can either smack them around with pawns, kill them off with Varsword, or throw a Geyser into one of the holes (preferably the middle one). The Protomen are side damage.

The Areagrabs prevent the opponent from areagrabbing you, and easier placement of Pawns.

Invis and Shadows are for defense.

FullCust and FoldrBak are for fluidity.

#72   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                                                                                                  • Posts: 4,901
                                                                                                                                                  • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                                                                                                                  • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                                                                                                                  • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 07 November 2004 - 02:52 AM

I have finally started playing the MM games. AWESOME series.

#73   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 3,798
                                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 28-December 04
                                                                                                                                                    • Location:British Columbia, Canada
                                                                                                                                                    • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 02 January 2005 - 01:31 PM

Megaman is awsome, I'll give you that! I have MMBN4 RS, and that dark-chip idea rocks! *paints Megaman.EXE action figure black*

#74   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:46 PM

Man. Two slightly pointless revives. Ah well, MegaMan is cool, anyhow.

I'm at a stalling point on MMZ3. Although I kicked MMZ and MMZ2's arses, I just can't seem to steadily slide through MMZ3's stages. I am yet so far behind (the first four stages, it seems), and I've tried all the stages at the beginning, yet I fail them all. I have gotten close to defeating the bat-like boss created by Dr. Weil, but that's as far as I can get right now. Any suggestions?

#75   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                                                                                                                        • Posts: 4,901
                                                                                                                                                        • Joined: 08-July 04
                                                                                                                                                        • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                                                                                                                        • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 02 January 2005 - 08:02 PM

Silo STATIC, on Jan 2 2005, 09:46 PM, said:

Man. Two slightly pointless revives. Ah well, MegaMan is cool, anyhow.

They aren't revives, this is supposed to be a pinned topic, but instead of having a bunch of pinned topics, MW created a topic with a link to all the topics that are supposed to be pinned.

#76   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 02 January 2005 - 08:17 PM

Piers diamondberg master, on Jan 2 2005, 10:02 PM, said:

They aren't revives, this is supposed to be a pinned topic, but instead of having a bunch of pinned topics, MW created a topic with a link to all the topics that are supposed to be pinned.

No, they're rather revives now. MW's idea was more solid, since we don't need so many pinned topics in the Other Games forum.

#77   Issac_Zero2 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:11 PM

In any MMZ boss battle, its best to be patient...
                                                                                                                                                            First time around, try to beat the game first...
                                                                                                                                                            Then 2nd time around get the Ex Skills, disk, etc.

Hellbat Silt is annoying when he teleports but its best to take it slowly...
                                                                                                                                                            His attacks aren't hard to dodge so I don't see why its so hard...

#78   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                              • Posts: 926

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:35 PM

In MMZ: I wonder how you defeat that guy with to red swords. He's very hard IMO.

#79   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:47 PM

Venus_Man1, on Jan 3 2005, 05:35 PM, said:

In MMZ: I wonder how you defeat that guy with to red swords. He's very hard IMO.

Which game is this, and what do you mean "two red swords"?

#80   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:54 PM

MegaManZero. I don't remember his name. He got a green suit and two red swords. That's all I can say. Sorry.

#81   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:58 PM

Oh, you mean Harupia (sp?). He's one of the Four Generals, but he wasn't as hard for me. You just gotta dodge all his slashes, and he follows a rather simple pattern, so memorize what he does.

#82   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:33 PM

I see. He feels impossible for me. Anyway, I am no good at the game either, so yeah.....

#83   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:52 PM

Trust me, it was hard for me, too, but I always wanted a challenge. And look where I stand on the basis of beating 2 out of the 3 games so far.

#84   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:02 PM

Are there already three MMZ games? I had no idea about the third one.

#85   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:09 PM

Maybe Sweden didn't really get MMZ3, or you just haven't been out for a while. Either way, it's out there already on game store shelves; in Japan, America, and even Europe.

#86   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:26 AM

I see. Anyway, I tried the boss. And I've found out way to dodge all of his moves. Now I just have to train.

#87   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                                                • Posts: 731
                                                                                                                                                                                • Joined: 31-March 05
                                                                                                                                                                                • Location:Level 5 of hell
                                                                                                                                                                                • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:11 PM

Well, it's an official topic so I see no harm.

Has anyone else played Megaman Battle Chip Challenge?

If so:

s=spade
                                                                                                                                                                                h=heart
                                                                                                                                                                                *=star
                                                                                                                                                                                d=dimond
                                                                                                                                                                                c=club

If I mix up club and spade tell me.

Name: MEGA

Code: PQCh dPC* 6XZ8 1T0M BXsC 6Js1

#88   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                                                  • Posts: 731
                                                                                                                                                                                  • Joined: 31-March 05
                                                                                                                                                                                  • Location:Level 5 of hell
                                                                                                                                                                                  • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:43 PM

Ok, I seriously hope it's ok to do this, It IS an official/untouched topic after all.

Does anyone know what happens to Harupia, Fenfir and Leviathan after MMZ3? I have heard no word of them being in MMZ4, so theories?

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                                                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                                                                  • You cannot reply to this topic