Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Topic Restriction In Entertainment Forum. A bit unfair in my opinion.

#1   Elliott 

• Cool
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
    • AKA Agatio

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:48 PM

This is concerning the topic restrictions and choices in the entertainment forum.
    Why is it, that we have many topics on movies, multiple topics on sport, and even more than one regarding books and literature. But, we are expected to discuss EVERYTHING, all aspects, related to music in one singular topic! As stated above, why are there multiple topics allowed on books, movies, sports, tv etc. But only one on music? Like I have suggested before, I think 3 topics is better to cover the whole music area. How about:

Instruments and Bands - For people who play an instrument and/or are in their own band.

Recorded Music - Regarding popular bands with their own recorded material. Covers bands and song discussion.

Miscellaneous music - Discuss things not covered in the other 2 topics that is still related to music, eg. music DVD's, tours etc.

Now whats wrong with that? Honestly, is it so bad to have a few more topics in the ent. forum? It would encourage more serious discussion, and I would personally use them, rather than trying to keep up with 1 topic that attemps to cover the whole broad area of music. So how about it, will you allow a few more topics on music? (Album analysis should have remained open by the way).

Music is an extremely board topic, there's things like albums, songs, artists, bands, tours, instruments, your own bands, and many more subjects to discuss, one topic is not nearly enough.

#2   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, video games, the forums, etc.

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:56 PM

As said, I'll allow the album topic open. But, with the lyrics, I'm not so sure. Just say that I'm still pending on that, so, the lyrics will stay within the official music topic for now.

Just now, what topics you've given regards towards music aren't really accurate, but, I'll give you an update once I make a decision. If you don't really like the change, don't blame me for not trying to clean up the forums a little bit.

Again, I'm looking into it as of now. I'm pending on making three seperate topics, as requested.

#3   Elliott 

• Cool
        • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
        • AKA Agatio

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:59 PM

The lyrics topic was a pointless idea to begin with. All people had to do was search for some lyrics, post them, and there you go, another post for your count. Anyway.

At least your thinking about it, most of my idea's for this place go unnoticed usually.

#4   Max 

• Administrator
          • Group: Admin

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:09 PM

Agatio, disregard that PM I sent you. Apparently there is a slight misunderstanding between the three of us. I'm going to allow you to have those three topics for music, but please no more than that. And, ZERO topics about lyrics. All it takes is a google search to find lyrics, so there is no need to post lyrics to songs.

#5   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
            • Group: Members
            • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, video games, the forums, etc.

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:11 PM

Ah, yes. I guess I just got into the lyrics thing a bit too much.

I'll go make those topics now, if no one else is doing it.

#6   Elliott 

• Cool
              • AKA Agatio

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:24 PM

Agreed, Lyrics topics are pointless. Thanks Max, I appreciate your maturity a lot, other Admins would have gone about this the wrong way. It's ok Silo, I really don't mind.

#7   Max 

• Administrator
                • Group: Admin

Posted 05 October 2004 - 07:14 PM

This subject has been resolved on MSN, so topic closed.

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • This topic is locked