Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Answered]Golden Sun Syndicate... To Be... Camelot RPG Site... err...

#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:59 PM

Here I go. I’m sorry, this is probably a sad idea, and no doubt there will be those who will Flame me, talking about how it’s not the purpose of GSS and all that. But please, just read this post in its entirety to get a general idea, at least (especially to the Moderators, who will probably be prone to close this immediately)…

Okay, in previous topics, we have discussed that Camelot is, in fact, in development with a new RPG for the GameCube, and the evidence generally points to the fact that it will be revealed at the next Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3 – at least, that is what I think it stands for…).

True, that it's too early...

And let’s be honest, the chances of this title being a Golden Sun entry is slim to none.

And we all know that, regretfully, the Golden Sun community is weakening.

So, my idea is simply this; place the future of Golden Sun Syndicate in this new RPG by Camelot.

Now, I know you probably wish to avoid reading this from this point onward, but JUST CONSIDER THESE:

A.) As previously stated, the Golden Sun fanbase, while still intact, simply isn’t enough (or in the future, won’t be) to keep this site going.

B.) Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem – what do all these series (and many others, of course), have in common? While they all are established series with numerous games comprising them, there remains a common core to their gameplay that defines it.

In other words, the characters, worlds, and plots vary from game to game, but they remain the same in terms of their gameplay (generally speaking).

So, this new title may, in fact, have Golden Sun-like elements to it, perhaps (for instance), creatures similar to Djinn that alter a character’s attributes, and can be used to summon, etc.

REGARDLESS of whether the latter point turns out to be true or not, I strongly express my desire that this idea be at least considered. So, please, to the Moderators please avoid closing this until Max has read it, and posted in it

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

* whew *

GOLDEN SUN FOREVER :P

#2   Matthias 

• Knight
    • PipPip
      • Group: Members
      • AKA RagaKnight

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:08 PM

I guess. But, it depends on if the game is good. Then maybe we can go with your idea.

Sadly,you're right. The Golden Sun community is weakening... and many of their fansites like this one will be shut down... :P

The only hope for GSS to get back into a stable position is if Camelot makes a Golden Sun 3. But that's very unlikely... :)

#3   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:16 PM

But I have no doubt that Camelot will produce an excellent RPG. I mean, if this game is at the caliber of Golden Sun…

:P

Also, I NEED TO CLARIFY THIS, AND I WILL EDIT THE FIRST POST WITH THIS

I am suggesting that the content for this new RPG be a large ADDITION to the site, not to REPLACE what’s currently on in ANY way.

#4   Max 

• Administrator
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:10 AM

GL, this is an interesting idea, and I would possibly willing to go through with it, but I would need some more info on the RPG, so we'll have to wait and see. I agree with you that there probably won't be a GS3, but that the Camelot RPG may hopefully be of the same caliber. Again, we'll just have to wait and see how things play out with news about it.

#5   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:42 PM

yeah, you're right Max... Guess we should just wait.

Thanks for considering it.

I guess this topic may be closed now, unless there are others who wish to discuss this further...

#6   gsninja 

• Master Adept
              • Group: Moderator
              • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:48 PM

I agree with Max. We'll just have to wait and see. I really want Camelot to make a GS3, but with only 30 people and other games being worked on, we have to be patient.

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

I agree with G.L. on this: GOLDEN SUN FOREVER :P

#7   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                • Group: Veterans

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:54 PM

Thank you for your idea. I think we need more people on this site, regardless of whether the game is good or bad! It's from Camelot! Good idea!

#8   Linear 

• Master Adept
                  • Group: Veterans

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:52 PM

That's an awsome idea Riad-san! I agree with you on that! Golden Sun Forever! :) And Max-sama also aproves in the though! Awsome!
                  Golden Sun Forever...! n.n

#9   Meglo 

• Lord
                  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2004 - 03:14 PM

Here I go. I’m sorry, this is probably a sad idea, and no doubt there will be those who will Flame me, talking about how it’s not the purpose of GSS and all that. But please, just read this post in its entirety to get a general idea, at least (especially to the Moderators, who will probably be prone to close this immediately)…

Heh, such a positive view of the community...just don't take things too personally, 'mkay? o_~

It's too early to discuss this, IMO...we're not sure what the game is about, so it'd be a bit premature to go ahead and decide now what to do with the site far into the future. We seem to be doing alright with the forums how we are now, even if it is less productive than we'd like.

#10   Julian 

• Chaos Lord
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2004 - 09:04 PM

ya, i'm pretty much sick and tired of golden sun. I think a new game would do us all good (and it'll be even better if camelot could speed up a little) but until then this topic will be closed. There is no point in discussing anymore now, since non of us know anything yet, this will only be oppertunity for more spam. however, the topic can either be reopened or a new one can be made whenever more information about the upcoming camelot game is out in the open. until then.

[TOPIC CLOSED]

Page 1 of 1
                      • You cannot start a new topic
                      • This topic is locked