Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Restricted Board

#1   Elliott 

• Cool
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
    • AKA Agatio

Posted 25 November 2004 - 06:38 AM

This is the last time I'm going to suggest/request this:

I Think a restricted access board should be added. Some people call it a veterans lounge, but apparantly it makes new users feel left out. At nintendodiscussion.com, they have a board called "da club". It's a board that can only be accessed by members picked exclusively by the administrator. I think this is a good idea personally, and I will add something like it on my forums in the future.

Basically, a board is created. And it's password protected, or can only be accessed by a certain group depending on what Max deems best. And this board can only be accessed by a special group. A lot of people here feel that there is a lot of spam, newbies etc. etc. on this forum, and I think adding this special board would be a good place that is free of all that. And where the members who can access it, can discuss more mature things like politics, world flaws, etc. etc. Also, it's not a set thing. Members can be let into this board when they are deemed "mature" or "worthy", and likewise, members can be booted out for spamming or being unruly in it.

So, what do you, the userbase, and Max think? Don't close this right away as I would like to get an opinion from a variety of people, old and new.

[EDIT] F**k. I just realised I posted this in the wrong board. How about that, been here 9 months and still can;t post in the right forums :blink: . Ah well, just move it when you see it mods.

#2   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
      • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:03 AM

The idea sounds good but like you said leaving people out of things just because they haven't been here long or can't follow the rules makes them feel unwanted. This would discourage other memebers which I don't want to do. Anyways isn't there already a place like this. Where the mods and the admins speak with each other.

#3   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:12 AM

although im kinda new and would probably have to wait a few eons before i got access, i do actually think this would be a good idea. It would mean that there would be fewer arguments about the whole spam situation for one thing and that means that everyone would benefit whether they were in the select group or not. I also like the idea of discussing politics and stuff although such debates can get rather heated sometimes. If it could be done then that would be cool.

#4   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
          • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:21 PM

I like this Idea, I too, would have to wait a long while to get excess, if I got it at all, but I stil like the idea of it!

#5   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
            • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 25 November 2004 - 01:39 PM

I actually like this idea as it can be encouraging for new people to not spam, dupe etc

however, we cannot really get an accurate idea of what effect this may have, either it shuns or encourages

#6   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 25 November 2004 - 01:40 PM

still worth giving it a trial run though...a month or so maybe then we'll see what happens

#7   Linear 

• Master Adept

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:10 PM

Seems like a good idea, a month or less would be a good run to try. (Do you think this is going to be approved?)

#8   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                  • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:51 PM

Wait wait wait. Don't the mods and admins do this already? Don't they go and have meetings and stuff in a secret forum?(correct me if Iam wrong)If they already have this why would they want to do this again.

#9   Elliott 

• Cool
                    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                    • AKA Agatio

Posted 25 November 2004 - 05:58 PM

Yes but it's completely different Only mods and max have access there. And they only discuss forum related stuff.

I like that people like the idea. About "shunning'" and "feeling left out", that won't happen. We have over 900 members and over 90000 posts. I don't think it will discourage people. We all know this forum is a great suvvess.

#10   Meglo 

• Lord
                    • PipPipPipPip
                      • Group: Members

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:24 PM

Sounds like a fine idea to me.

#11   Elliott 

• Cool
                        • AKA Agatio

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:42 PM

A bit of a revivial, but it's still good to see I'm getting support for this idea. Still wondering whether Max will see this though.

Page 1 of 1
                        • You cannot start a new topic
                        • You cannot reply to this topic