• You cannot reply to this topic

The Nintendo Ds

#1   Colonel Tycho 

• Berserker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:www.witchvox.com

Posted 25 November 2004 - 05:45 PM

This is a GREAT system, everyone who does not get this should have his/her knees broken so it has nothing better to do but sit and play. With 65 feet of wireless connection, and most likely a connection to a LAN card in the future, the Nintendo DS is the system to get this year. It comes with a demo of Metroid Prime: Hunters, which is to be released May 8, 2005. Other games of note in the release are Mario 64 DS, and Rayman DS which is released December 14. Also, for shoot-em-up people who will get bored with the demo, a goldeneye game, possibly the same one for N64, will be released in February. Unfortunately, a lot of the games people have been waiting for wont make it out till later next year (Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Kart, and Animal Crossing, to start the list), but right now there is a 40 game line up that goes through to next year, so consumers will be satisfied through al of this year and next. The touch screen and aiming in Mettroid Prime Hunters is extremly good, it is a lot like a mouse on a computer. The system comes with a stylus and a thumbad, so that you don't have to touch the screen with your finger.
    Another thing i really like about the DS: only one copy is needed in some games for multiplaying. Thats right: If only one player has a copy of Mario 64 DS, say, then everyone else that wants to play can download the code sent out by the host's DS. This really solves the problem of buying another copy of the game just for multiplaying.
    ALSO, another great part, PictoChat, the thing that lets you send messages and drawings to other DS users, is included in the DS, unlike previous thoughts which had the PictoChat as a seperate game. There are many things that you can use PictoChat for, and it is surprisingly fun to just talk to a friend across the room with it.
    The battery on the DS is rechargable, and once that battery goes kaput, after something like 700 recharges (500 reduces the battery to 70%, after 700, not much left), you can buy a new battery, unlike with the SP. Recharging only takes 4 hours, and the battery life was supposed to be 10 hours, but i have found it to be more like around 7, which isnt that bad, but the problem is the lights on the screen cannot be turned off, unlike in the SP. Also, this system is backward-compatible only to Game Boy Advance games.
    Don't wait for a price reduction to buy this; the screens were the sole purpose that the DS was 150$, and there was a shortage of them a while back. Nintendo needs this money, and will not risk a price reduction for another 1-2 years, in my opinion.
    Finally, the DS packs the most extreme graphics for a handheld. Looking at pictures is one thing; seeing it in action is something else entirely.
    Also, if you took the time to read this review by me, Colonel Tycho, congrats, you rock. Now, buy the DS if you havnt done so already.

#2   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:02 PM

Colonal Tycho, I must say that I truly envy you. I’ve loved the DS since I first heard it was conceived, but to hear this from somebody who’s actually experienced the Revolution

Awesome. Thanks -_-

And yes, GoldenEye will be a port of the N64 classic, with of course, the wireless multiplayer capabilities that you spoke of.

Thanks, it really means a lot hearing about it. I’ll hopefully be getting it in time, not too long from now…

P.S. I read through the whole thing, yay :P

#3   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members
        • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, video games, the forums, etc.

Posted 26 November 2004 - 02:01 AM

Actually, if you used the Search option for once, you'd find that there's already a topic on this ...

||CLOSED||

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic