Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Answered]Where Is Gss Going?

#1   Elliott 

• Cool
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
    • AKA Agatio

Posted 07 December 2004 - 07:46 PM

I've been pondering this lately. Where is Golden Sun Syndicate going? I mean, there hasn't been any new content since the GS1 walkthrough, which is actually ikillkenny's. I mean, is any new content planned, any new game coverage? Whats left to do? Or will the site just sit there as is?

#2   Max 

• Administrator
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 07 December 2004 - 08:13 PM

This is a hard question, because I really don't know. I have so many things I want to do, but I simply don't have the time. I would open a staff position, but people have a knack for being unreliable and lazy after the first day or two. I may decide to open up content submissions from users and all I have to do is validate and format it.

But in the immediate future (next few weeks), there won't be much site work as I am busy with school and then will be gone for a week-long vacation. But when I get back during Winter Break I will be doing a good deal of site work.

#3   Elliott 

• Cool
        • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
        • AKA Agatio

Posted 07 December 2004 - 08:40 PM

A staff position would be good. And personally, I would take it, as I have so much free time. But, I have my own site, and content dosn't write itself, and forums don't admin themselves. So yes, I think you should open one, get some more content done.

#4   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
          • AKA Horasu

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:48 PM

I think Golden Sun Syndicate's main focus would be to work and improve on Golden Sun World. It's unique (better than Age of the Adepts, methinks), so it will attract more visitors.

#5   Elliott 

• Cool
            • AKA Agatio

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:13 PM

Age of the Adepts, or War of the Adepts?
            Age of the Adepts is a great site. And, not much development has been done on GSW for a while, and the server might be closing down.

#6   DaMoose 

• New User
              • Group: Members

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:18 PM

I was about to post the same thing, Agatio, but I went to check the Age of the Adepts site first to see if there was some sort of game there. I assume he refers to War of the Adepts.

Anyway, Golden Sun World has already attracted its visitors, I doubt it will attract too many more, afterall, not everybody wants to use a chat program themed like Golden Sun.

The GSW server might be closing down? When did this happen? (Or was that another server that you referred to?)

#7   Elliott 

• Cool
                • AKA Agatio

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:24 PM

There's a news thread on it.
                Check the site news board.

#8   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA watch

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:25 AM

but if max gets gsw to be like gs online or something people will come, i came when i heard about gsw.

#9   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 08 December 2004 - 05:36 PM

Hmm.

Content already reserved for Max is my RNG guide which should be a decent update for sure.
                    Then more content (fan-fiction, artwork, etc) should attract people in addition to GSW.

#10   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:39 PM

I hope that GSS sticks around as long as possible. This is a great site, not just for GS but also as a community.

#11   DaMoose 

• New User

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:47 PM

I hope that GSS sticks around as long as possible. This is a great site, not just for GS but also as a community.

I remember someone saying that exact same thing about GSA. Damn I miss that site.

GSW has already drawn a lot of new members (I haven't been here long, but thats how I see it.), I'd be surprised if there were too many more people that are interested in GS, that would be willing to register at a new forum.

#12   Elliott 

• Cool
                          • AKA Agatio

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:00 PM

The community is GSS's main attraction now. The massive forum is what's biringing people in, and GSW and the already existant content adds to that. It's far from dead, but content updatees would be nice.

#13   Tricky26 

• New User
                            • Interests:I like sports (lacrosse, soccer, running), reading, going online, hanging out with friends, eating, and sleeping. I also like to webmaster my site, Age of the Adepts. Oh yeah, I like to write. That's fun.

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:24 PM

Age of the Adept's main attraction right now is AoA Adventure Sprite Comics for comedy (Kholdstare711 quit so we don't get any more interviews...) and the War of the Elements, an interactive story thingy that I don't feel like explaining now. It's not an RP, but not a fanfic... blech. Go over to the site if you feel like checking it out. It's the best we can do at the moment because I can't program or anything... GSW is brilliant.

But be careful if you go to cover more games. GSS has a reputation for being a Golden Sun site, and I think it should stay that way. I had the same problem with AoA-- I wanted to cover more games. So I just made more sites to cover them. It's not working out.

So be careful. Don't put too much work on yourself, and if you do... make sure you have a hell of reliable staff to put most of the work on.

#14   Elliott 

• Cool
                              • AKA Agatio

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:16 PM

I've got a question. What's going to become of these forums in a year? I mean, if we keep growing at the rate we are now, we are going to get bigger. Summer is coming again and that means a whole lot more members, posts etc. On top of that, we are going to need new mods aswell. Will the forums just get shut down because Max hasn't the time? I mean, so many people have gotten attached to these forums, made lasting friendships etc. Closing the forums would end some of those, and leave many people p!ssed off to say the least. All those months of posting down the drain. In my opinion, when max finds he has no time, he should back up the forums, and put them on a new server with a new domain (gssforums.net or something similar), and give someone else administrator (I'm always available =P ) privileges. I'm not talking about the immediate future of course, but in a year or 2, when Max simply dosn't have the time, or loses interest, what will happen? Will the forums shut down? Of course the site will eventually, but these forums are so big, and they will only continue to grow in the coming months. Like I said, summer will be here again, and it will attract more members that the summer just passed.

#15   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • Interests:Anime, video games, sports, movies, urban music, hanging with friends, graphics design and many other things.

Posted 23 December 2004 - 01:40 AM

Agatio, on Dec 22 2004, 04:16 PM, said:

I've got a question. What's going to become of these forums in a year? I mean, if we keep growing at the rate we are now, we are going to get bigger. Summer is coming again and that means a whole lot more members, posts etc. On top of that, we are going to need new mods aswell. Will the forums just get shut down because Max hasn't the time? I mean, so many people have gotten attached to these forums, made lasting friendships etc. Closing the forums would end some of those, and leave many people p!ssed off to say the least. All those months of posting down the drain. In my opinion, when max finds he has no time, he should back up the forums, and put them on a new server with a new domain (gssforums.net or something similar), and give someone else administrator (I'm always available =P ) privileges. I'm not talking about the immediate future of course, but in a year or 2, when Max simply dosn't have the time, or loses interest, what will happen? Will the forums shut down? Of course the site will eventually, but these forums are so big, and they will only continue to grow in the coming months. Like I said, summer will be here again, and it will attract more members that the summer just passed.

Well if the forum gets bigger the forum gets bigger. More mods will be assigned when needed, other rules will be created, more problems and complications will rise, more friendships will be made and so on. It's really important to have an active admin though. Or one to at least check the forums everyday to see if everythings ok. It seems like the admin of this forum does check once in a while which is good. God forbid it will turn out like the GT forums. Cinder was an inactive admin (well there was rumor that she was spying on us in secret lol) at our forums. She hardly visited and she didn't like it there after what a certain person did to her. It put us in trouble because the forums were never updated and the spammers who could just change their IP's could get back in and spam all they want. We couldn't do anything until that day when all the mods got hacked and GT was in ruins. But then Gamespy stepped in and made Hardflip as admin (one of the biggest administrators working for gamesy). He checks up on the forums everyday and thing got better not to mention Cinder was happy. (Well she does have another forum to look after, which has been hacked too unfortunately).
                                Hopefully it wouldn't turn out that bad. This forum seems to be stable. Just don't let the arguing about things like "bad mods/unfair mods etc" get out of hand. They've been made a moderator for a reason. If you have a problem you could just pm one of them and they'll probably help you out. Don't let it take over like it did in our forums. I doubt it will though because every forum is different I guess.

G'luck with these forums. I'll be here to check up on it everyday too! =)

#16   Elliott 

• Cool
                                  • AKA Agatio

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:53 AM

I don't see what any of this has to do with GT (whatever that is) forums. And over half your post was refering in some way to those forums. Back to GSS though (these forums).

#17   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                    • Interests:Anime, video games, sports, movies, urban music, hanging with friends, graphics design and many other things.

Posted 23 December 2004 - 08:35 PM

Yes I know. The first part of the comment was practically my answer.

#18   DaMoose 

• New User

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:45 AM

Unfortunately, I doubt the forum will continue to grow larger in the manner that you describe. Although more members may register, many members will also become inactive, because Golden Sun simply doesn't have as much appeal to them anymore, or they wish to move on with their life.

#19   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                        • Location:Between darkness and wonder...

Posted 25 December 2004 - 02:39 AM

DaMoose, on Dec 24 2004, 06:45 PM, said:

Unfortunately, I doubt the forum will continue to grow larger in the manner that you describe. Although more members may register, many members will also become inactive, because Golden Sun simply doesn't have as much appeal to them anymore, or they wish to move on with their life.

That's why we're waiting for Golden Sun GC to come out so it can lift up the spirit of the Golden Sun saga.

#20   Elliott 

• Cool
                                          • AKA Agatio

Posted 25 December 2004 - 03:42 AM

IF it comes out. There is nothing definate yet.
                                          I think the forums should be revamped and the GS catagorys be merged into just one (General Discussion and a Help forum), then then more focus on the actual community, rather than Golden Sun. But if a new GS comes out, well then my idea is useless :mellow: .

#21   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                            • Location:Between darkness and wonder...

Posted 25 December 2004 - 07:59 AM

Agatio, on Dec 25 2004, 09:42 PM, said:

IF it comes out. There is nothing definate yet.
                                            I think the forums should be revamped and the GS catagorys be merged into just one (General Discussion and a Help forum), then then more focus on the actual community, rather than Golden Sun. But if a new GS comes out, well then my idea is useless :mellow: .

Well it seems like they're really thinking about it. Considering the success of the games on GBA I would be suprised if they didn't make another sequal on a more complicated and graphical system. Well I hope so anyways...

#22   Somia 

• Disciple
                                              • Interests:..Truffles, White Chocolates, Flying, RPGing & a Smile.

Posted 25 December 2004 - 05:51 PM

Max, on Dec 7 2004, 10:13 PM, said:

This is a hard question, because I really don't know. I have so many things I want to do, but I simply don't have the time. I would open a staff position, but people have a knack for being unreliable and lazy after the first day or two. I may decide to open up content submissions from users and all I have to do is validate and format it.

But in the immediate future (next few weeks), there won't be much site work as I am busy with school and then will be gone for a week-long vacation. But when I get back during Winter Break I will be doing a good deal of site work.

Not everyone is as lazy as you say, I do own another website other then the on i put up for the information, that one is pretty dead..but My staff members are nice and they do thier work, I understnad you haev school work and are bussy so just look out for someone in the forum and make a wise choise.

#23   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                • AKA Agatio

Posted 26 December 2004 - 06:27 AM

I would be suprised if they didn't make another sequal

Let's not start this again. Both GS games are great, and the story fis finished, there's no need for a third in my eyes. Don't fix it if it isn't broke, know what I mean. I think camelot should start a whole new RPG, totally unrelated to GS.

#24   Somia 

• Disciple
                                                  • Interests:..Truffles, White Chocolates, Flying, RPGing & a Smile.

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:18 AM

But alot of us wants a GS 3!

#25 Guest_ivantheadept1692_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:46 AM

I THINK A GS 3 WOULD BE GREAT (ALTHUGH I HAVNT BEATEN EITHER GOLDEN SUNS I HAVE M1 LIGHT HOUSE TO GO IN EACH) BUT I THINK THERE SHOULD BE ONE FROM THE VIEW OF ALEX, SHEBA, PIERS, JENNA, OR MIA INSTEAD OF JUST FELIX AND ISSAC ANYONE ELSE FEEL THE SAME
                                                  OHH AND THEY COULD ALSO MAKE ONE WITH ALL 4 LIGHTHOUSES IN IT

#26   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:22 PM

ivantheadept1692, when you post, try to post sensibly. All caps posts are annoying to read and don't help get your point across any better than normal lettering.

And this isn't a GS3 topic. Please visit the proper forum (TLA Gen. Discussion) for this.

After GSW comes out (fully) there will be an influx of people to the forums and site, and with that, a possibility for more frequent updates, etc can be possible.

[Topic Closed]

Page 1 of 1
                                                    • You cannot start a new topic
                                                    • This topic is locked