Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shining Soul Series

#1   Elliott 

• Cool
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
    • AKA Agatio

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:12 AM

First of all, there is a topic for these games already. I made it in late July (the 27th), and it was last posted in September first. I can't revive it as I was the last one to post in it, and if someone else revived it, they would get bashed for reviving an old topic. So it's best to start fresh with a new topic. Second, no one mention my site or forums here, I don't want this turning into an advertising topic. We all know I have a site for these games, let's be mature and leave it at that, ok?

Right, onto the games. Shining Soul is not the greatest game by a long shot. Not much depth, no side quests. It's only saving graces are good multiplayer action and a choice of 4 character classes. Say what you want about Shining Soul, we all know it's not the greatest game. I personally like it, and find it a fun game for when you're bored.

Shining Soul II on the other hand, is everything Shining Soul should have been. 8 ccharacter classes, each with around 8 or 9 unique skills to improve, 35 sidequests, advanced mode, a 18 or so dungeons, heaps of hidden items, sets to discover etc. etc. The list goes on. This is a fantastic game I recomend to everyone. The reason I think it didn't sell well is due to bad advertising. People saw Shining Soul as crap, so they didn't bother with number 2. Sad, as it's a great game.

I know there are some SS fans here, so let's discuss this great game!

#2   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members
      • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, video games, the forums, etc.

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:16 AM

It kinda looks like a role-play melee game (like the DBZ: Legacy of Goku titles), where you go around, swinging your weapon constantly at an enemy (in an overworld map), grab anything they drop (if possible), and move on. You can also equip stuff and use items right? If so, then I pretty much got all the basics down.

#3   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:09 PM

Its seems like Agatio is into the type of games were you just walk around and swing your weapon at your enemies which Iam not saying it's a bad thing because I loved SOM which is similar(I think). I haven't had a chance to play this game but Iam willing to rent it and try it out. They still sell this game in the stores like Wal-mart or Best Buy right? Also which game should I get first? The first one or the second one?

#4   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
          • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, video games, the forums, etc.

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:36 PM

This sounds kind of like Buu's Fury (a DBZ game), with the same mechanics (including equipping items). Although it's more like using your fists and/or legs, and using energy attacks, instead of using weapons.

#5   Elliott 

• Cool
            • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
            • AKA Agatio

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:53 PM

It owns Sword of Mana ED, by a longshot. It's not even worht comparing. Number 2 is huge. 19 dungeons plus again in advanced mode. Those who call it "a simple hack and slash" are far from right. Number 1 was I admit, but SS2 had many hidden items, side quests, tons of characters. Not just a hack and slash in my eyes.

#6   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
              • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
              • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:11 AM

SSII is one of the best games on GBA in my opinion. But it is missing something, and I don't know what that something is.. :)

#7   Elliott 

• Cool
                • AKA Agatio

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:30 AM

A decent storyline. Graphics, gameplay, replay value amd even the audio are all top notch, but story lacks depth.

#8   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                  • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
                  • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 11 May 2005 - 05:43 AM

Well put. That's what's missing: A good story :)

Thanks for reminding me.

#9   Meddyan 

• Squire
                  • Pip
                    • Interests:Hi, my name is Bob and my hobbies include telling people my name and my hobbies

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:30 PM

It could also do without Camille, thats for sure >_>

Its still a great addicting game that will keep you busy.

#10   Elliott 

• Cool
                      • AKA Agatio

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:30 AM

Tell em about it, the tons of item drops & moster cards are enough to keep you occupied for ages.

Page 1 of 1
                      • You cannot start a new topic
                      • You cannot reply to this topic