Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sigma Star Saga GBA

#1   Ganon 

• Slayer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Hi.Sup.Wasup.Goodbye.bye-bye.See ya.

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:00 AM

I checked every page here and I did'nt see a topic on this sooo...

Sigma star saga is Namco's brand new RPG-Shooter.The story takes place durning a long-running war between humanity and a alien race called the Krill.As one of the finest human pilots in the galaxy, you are asked to take a dangerous assignment to infiltrate the Krill.But events soon spiral out of control when you are poisened and awaken aboard a Krill battleship!The gameplay is divided between on foot portions and side-scrolling space battles. At first you can only delve into one planet, but as you progress further into the game you'll be able to visit up to six, flying between them and exploring as you see fit.You'll gain experience each time you fight a battle, and distribute them to stats such as shield, hit points, and manuverability.You'll also earn cash by blasting your foes, which can be used to fund weapon experimentations and creation.Weaponry is a big part of Sigma star saga and you build better ones by finding Gun data.You can combine the 50 different types of gun data by forming phrases such as, Spread shot-stop and Charge-Explode.It could allow players to create a truly wacky asenral.The game is being developed by WayFoward studios, a california based developement house with a very intresting past.Its worked on games such as The X fools.A paint program for the Sega cd.And Shantae, One of the best games ever made for the GBC.

(Info from Nintendo power)

So what do you think?Sounds good to you?I'm defintaly checking this out.

#2   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, video games, the forums, etc.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:15 AM

Sounds interesting enough, but the arcady aspects of the game may make people shy away from it (since the concept has been ultimately used over and over for so many generations that it's sickening). I'll wait until it gets announced more publicly.

#3   Zaffa Dot Xom 

• Berserker
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, Adobe Photoshop, music, Sprite, and skibableedoosh!!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:01 PM

Shutup, me; this is best and innovative RPG I've ever played. It's made by what seems like an American company, and even the art is American (which foreshadows a significant anime style).

Everything from the storyline, the graphics, and the music are satisfying enough. The story is well-developed, but the graphics sort of wards me off, and since this is [possibly] an American game, they remind me of a certain old school taste that I can't place my finger on. Well, maybe 'cause I've played too many Flash games ...

The sounds are alright with me. The music just signifies an attempt at a sort of Japanese style intermingled with the American cartoonish tone of science fiction. Remember that Japanese music is more dramatic and catchy; American is particularly a repetition of beeps or what not.

Even so, overall, this is a great addition to the GBA. It just goes to show how much you can do with a portable device.

This post has been edited by Zaffa Dot Xom: 24 November 2005 - 02:02 PM

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic