Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Most Humiliating Way That You've Died... ...in a video game...

#1   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator
    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:18 PM

I figure that almost every video game has violence to some extent, so obviously, you can die. This is where you talk about the stupidest and most humiliating ways you died.

The most humiliating and stupid way I've died to date would be in Neverwinter Nights, a PC RPG. See, I was in the godless Docks District in Neverwinter (a town). I entered one of the houses that had a sign in front that read: Do Not Enter! Plague of deadly bugs! (or something like that that meant that there were giant bugs inside)

I killed alot of the Fire Beetles and went up to the top level of the house. There was a big chest that suddenly glowed red. I knew what this meant; it glowed red to identify to me that my character had just learned that the chest had a boobie trap in it. Regardless, I clicked on the chest anyway to have my character open it, and my character died from fire damage unleashed from the chest's trap.

Pretty stupid of me, eh?

#2   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:20 PM

ok i thinki win this - my first ever death on Ocarina of Time - i got through the entire deku tree without dying, and got to kakariko village. I saw and attacked a chicken. The chicken crowed in a cuut scene and i thought this was amusing. Next thing i knew, the chicken revenge squad appeared and pwned me totally - thus killing me.

i was killed by chickens...

#3   Venus dude 21 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members
        • Interests:Just being me.

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:22 PM

In Final Fantasy 1, a specter attacked my last person, a Knight, and parilized him, and repeated to kill him, all 750 hp, takeing 3 a turn.

#4   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:22 PM

Okay, lets see here, this is a quick story:
          Everyone knows if you get wacked in the back on halo/halo2 that is the worst and most humiliating way to die...
          anyways when halo2 came out I couldnt believe all the n00bs that dont look on radar, i will walk around in circles behind someone that is sniping and ya they dont notice, so I wack them in the back and they are like OMG how did you find me........ well my first time getting wacked in the back is like this:
          I was running from an enemy we were both out of ammo so I jump off a cliff hanger and yes in mid-air wack in the back worst death anyone could have...

ANother was on maple story i was standing healing then a stupid mushroom appeared right on me and killed me!

#5   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
            • Group: Admin

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:14 PM

Halo 2

Jumping up a gravity lift, throwing a grenade into a group of teammate (I threw it before I saw who they were) landing in the group and all 4 of us dying at one.

I got a suicide and 3 betrayals =((

#6   Ivan is my name 

• Chaos Lord
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:Nothing. I hate everything. Even you... except maybe warcraft

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:07 AM

My friends Halo 2
              Co-op mode
              I was on ground and he had a banshee. It was the level metropolis or the one with a huge bridge and anyway, he kept shooting me w/banshee bombs and he had to land somewhere for me to respawn so he landed above the huge whole. I fell in. He landed on the top of the bridge. I fell off. He landed next to the sea. He shot me in. He landed near a enemy wraith. I got shot.
              I got annoyed like HELL!!!! So i simply reset... hahaha

#7   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
                • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:26 AM

In simpsons skateboarding, I was doing a really cool combo I had never done before. I was playing against my cousin who is about 3 years old

The combo took almost the whole duration of the alloted time. I was about to end it when I crashed into my cousin, losing all my points. He won the match just because I wiped out. I was beaten by 20- 0...:blink:;;;;

Oh yeh also on runescape, being the total noob I was to the game, I just randomly started walking around the place. Unfortunately, I ended up going into a place called the wild, where other players go beat up other players. And most of those people are like lvel 100+...

I still didn't know this, so when I tried to walk up to someone and asked, I accidently started attacking them. When you start attacking you can't stop, and I was trounced after 1-2 hits...

#8   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                  • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
                  • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:52 AM

Hmmm, most embaressing death?
                  Probably in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of liberty. Theres a open room called "warehouse" consisting of 2 stories. I had this item that gave me infinite ammo, so I decided to fill the place up with C4. Now me not being a good judge of how big explosions are, stood right in the middle of the room, as I had placed them on the walls. So anyway, I detonated.
                  Yep. I was bown to smithereens. I bought everyone done in the warehouse with me though.

Heh. Also, theres a weapon called a "Nikita", which is basically a portable-remote contolled missile launcher. Now, as blowing up enemies from the other side of the building got a little boring, I decided to see if the missile would fit back in the barrel of the Nikita. I now know that it does not.

#9   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:23 AM

I decided to see if the missile would fit back in the barrel of the Nikita. I now know that it does not.

lol, I love that. I would say most embarrassing death(not me from a flash movie) is when there was a sniper holding a gun and someone comes up to the barrel and says look at the telescope, and im sure you can guess what happened next.

#10   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:26 AM

Whgahah my worst death was in Pokémon Red! I just chaptured Mewtwo with a Ultra Ball and he got low HP and was paralyzed. I got out of the cave and I was challenged by a trainer. THe trainer had a Parasect and a Paras and I won barely with Mewtwo he just had 1 HP left 0_0, then I juumped away and I came in tall grass... I founded a Rattata of a not that high level. I decided to attack it because I felt like it but suddenly thr Rattata used Quick Attack (move that ALWAYS strikes first) and... I died... Very shamefull huh?

#11   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:29 AM

stupid rattattas, I always hated them.
                        I death I found sort of humuliating was on gs tla, i was poisoned, yes al characters were and I never bothered healing it cause I thought I could make it to the inn and 1 step before talking to the inn clerk I died.

#12   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                          • AKA watch

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:35 AM

in final fantasy x i got my 3 strongest dudes againest a little monster and attacked my own dude by accident, thus losing the battle and half an hour of play time :blink:

#13   Mewt 

• Lord
                          • PipPipPipPip
                            • Interests:Computer games (Golden Sun and Final Fantasy series are my favourites), drawing, writing (fanfiction and original), anime and manga, chatting on MSN and watching Little Britain.

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:20 AM

Memories Remain, on Jan 21 2005, 07:52 AM, said:

Hmmm, most embaressing death?
                            Probably in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of liberty. Theres a open room called "warehouse" consisting of 2 stories. I had this item that gave me infinite ammo, so I decided to fill the place up with C4. Now me not being a good judge of how big explosions are, stood right in the middle of the room, as I had placed them on the walls. So anyway, I detonated.
                            Yep. I was bown to smithereens. I bought everyone done in the warehouse with me though.

Heh. Also, theres a weapon called a "Nikita", which is basically a portable-remote contolled missile launcher. Now, as blowing up enemies from the other side of the building got a little boring, I decided to see if the missile would fit back in the barrel of the Nikita. I now know that it does not.

I'm always doing stupid things in MGS2. It usually ends up with Raiden falling to his death for no particular reason than me pressing the wrong button. And I'm always using C4s wrong and blowing myself up. In MGS, I also stupidly ran out into the snowfield forgetting that there are loads of mines around.

I think I die humiliatingly in every single game I play. So often ... that I'm too traumatised to remember most of them! o.o;;;;;

#14   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:12 PM

In Metroid Prime, I was in a morph ball and I was stuck in lava and I forgot the button to push to change back to Samus. :angry:

#15   TheDogWho 

• Chaos Lord
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:35 PM

These are all so funny.

My funniest death though is probably on Super Smash Bros Melee.
                                I was Kirby, on the Corneria stage I was playing against my friend, and you can hide from them under the ship on the cannons. I jumped down, started Mid-Air jumping to reach the top of the cannons. While I was doing this the cannons started, a few seconds and a good 500% damage later, I was KOed.

#16   Ivan is my name 

• Chaos Lord
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:40 PM

Hahaha.... no matter how many times I hear that, I always laugh...
                                  Another frustrating death.
                                  Driv3r. Friends Xbox.
                                  I was driving a juggernaught and I smashed into lamposts loads, and had very little health left, and knowing me, I smash everything possible and died soon after.
                                  Repeats

#17   Miss_Brightside 

• New User
                                    • Interests:Hey I'm Miss Brightside, I love the Killers' song Mr. Brightside, I love rock music, and anime. I'm 13 years old (for now). I got 2 friends on her (i know, pathetic!) Isaac13 and Lin errr I'm also known as Love Guardian Yuki on here...so, if you see Yuki or me, it's the same person, and if you know me from anime crave I'm Chickles. So yea, errr I'm 5'5 with midnight raven/bluish/brownish hair, chocolate brown eyes, tan complextion, and i'm an anime dweeb. I'm mostly hyper, so don't be scared, it's just the sugar talking XD I'm single and I need a boyfriend BADLY dunno why i said that but oh well so yea, well, i hate algebra, kelsey, and alot of other stuff like homework. Yea, who doesn't lol i have one dog and one turtle as pets, my turtle is pretty small and my dog is medium size but she's chubby (which makes her even cuter lol) i love Inuyasha, flcl, halo 1 and 2, green day, afi, jimmy eat world, the killers, franz ferdinand, marilyn manson, korn, slipknot, kelly clarkson, unwritten law, kaiser cheifs, system of a down, rancid, all american rejects, social distortion, ummm sex pistols, the clash, ramones, viva la bam, the simpsons, golden sun, baiten kaitos (sp?), err star wars but i'm not obsessed like isaac &gt;__&lt;;;; but i do have a pink lightsaber! *waves then cuts off gimli's head* oops...no big loss XD jk jk oh! gimli is nice when he wants to be! XP and there's really nothing else to say, so that's about it. Ja Matte Ne!<br /><br />Miss Brightside &lt;3

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:46 PM

errr i was playing jak and dexter and i was running on a castle place and dexter said something and i accidentally pressed the wrong button and fell off the castle thingy

#18   Miss_Brightside 

• New User
                                      • Interests:Hey I'm Miss Brightside, I love the Killers' song Mr. Brightside, I love rock music, and anime. I'm 13 years old (for now). I got 2 friends on her (i know, pathetic!) Isaac13 and Lin errr I'm also known as Love Guardian Yuki on here...so, if you see Yuki or me, it's the same person, and if you know me from anime crave I'm Chickles. So yea, errr I'm 5'5 with midnight raven/bluish/brownish hair, chocolate brown eyes, tan complextion, and i'm an anime dweeb. I'm mostly hyper, so don't be scared, it's just the sugar talking XD I'm single and I need a boyfriend BADLY dunno why i said that but oh well so yea, well, i hate algebra, kelsey, and alot of other stuff like homework. Yea, who doesn't lol i have one dog and one turtle as pets, my turtle is pretty small and my dog is medium size but she's chubby (which makes her even cuter lol) i love Inuyasha, flcl, halo 1 and 2, green day, afi, jimmy eat world, the killers, franz ferdinand, marilyn manson, korn, slipknot, kelly clarkson, unwritten law, kaiser cheifs, system of a down, rancid, all american rejects, social distortion, ummm sex pistols, the clash, ramones, viva la bam, the simpsons, golden sun, baiten kaitos (sp?), err star wars but i'm not obsessed like isaac &gt;__&lt;;;; but i do have a pink lightsaber! *waves then cuts off gimli's head* oops...no big loss XD jk jk oh! gimli is nice when he wants to be! XP and there's really nothing else to say, so that's about it. Ja Matte Ne!<br /><br />Miss Brightside &lt;3

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:55 PM

wait, no, i was playing halo and i was going to snipe my friend and he shot me in the face about 5 times or something and i died on the spot...

#19   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                                        • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
                                        • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 22 January 2005 - 04:12 PM

MB, please don't double post, you can use the edit button down on the bottom right hand corner underneath your post ^.~

I remember i was playing Sonic 3 for sega genisis, and i was on the boss level, and dr. robotnick (w00t i remember his name! :D ) killed the bridge, so you only had a little piece of grass to run around on, and i walked off the cliff thing and died. (oh yeah, it was the first level...angel island. i was on the boss stage of act2 right before hydro city)

#20   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                          • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 22 January 2005 - 04:18 PM

Anyways, in SSBM, I was KOing my brother like mad. I set the rules as Bonus, just to see how good my battle style was. I was Marth, my brother was Young Link. In Hyrule Temple, I was on that lowest platform, where I can get a lot of KOs out of my opponent. Then...It happened........ after I knocked my brother off of the platform, he saved himself using the hookshot. All he did was taunt when the time was up, he beat me by 500 points!

#21   kate 

• Master Adept
                                            • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)
                                            • AKA The Best Woman Ever.

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:43 PM

Unreal Tournament 2003. My first time playing it. I get the rocket launcher. First thing I do? Point it at the ground and fire. *bows*

aaand this isn't really my death, but it has to do with death. Later on UT2k3 I forgot what team I was on. Yes I actually forgot what team I was on, and started killing my own team...then I let the other team come take the flag thinking they were 'keeping it safe' my friend was there and she couldn't stop laughing...in my defense it was 3 am...

#22   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:21 PM

ah yes - on melee i remember hnaging onto the edge of the arena, as you do, and luigi came over and stood right on the edge and did his taunt (which is the only taunt in the game that does damage) and it kicked me off and propelled me downwards...i was killed by a celebration move...

#23   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
                                                • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:13 AM

Another humili8ing death: (Game = Metal Gear Solid... again)

This game is pretty real... you even slip on bird crap. Well, I did just that, with a crew of guards knocking on my door. While i was trying to get up, they shot me dead. *damn seagulls, i will get my revenge*

Actually, I did. Little thing called a "stinger missile launcher". heat Seeking portable SAM missile more accurately. And seagulls generate heat...

Not really a humiliating death for me, but i bet that seagull never thought he'd be shot down by a Surface-to-air missile.

#24   Ivan is my name 

• Chaos Lord
                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:40 AM

At my friends house_ ratchet and clank 3. I was in a truck and I was going really fast and then my friend wanted to talk to me so I looked away and didnt realise that the truck was still going... it's self-explanetory

#25   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 23 January 2005 - 05:25 AM

That HAS to be in RYL. yes, the most amberassing death ever lol
                                                    I was lvl 28, very high, and I could beat the whole map (there are 3 maps in total, and I could beat the first). well, I was walking around, and fought an Orc War Chief, and I won with about 40% of my Health left. then I saw a Troll Fighter, and went there, attacking him, without using skills, as I though I could beat him. well, yes, I was beating him, and he only had about 5% hp left, when I noticed I was out of health potions, so I just went fighting on, by luck. I could have used my special skill, but I didn't. so just when I wanted to give the final hit, I died :)

#26   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                      • Interests:Auck.

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:50 PM

The most humiliating for me, was when me and Golden Djiin were playing halo against our cousins, our warthog was shot by a tank, I was flying through the air, fell onto the ground, died insantly, and then the warthog fell on my back, breaking bones. Golden Djiin died instantly when we were hit by the rocket.

#27   Zxor 

• Disciple
                                                        • Joined: 10-November 04

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:54 PM

In super mario 64 DS, I was running around with a penguin in my hand, and I looked of the cliff from far away and I saw a cloud, it looked like I could go on it, like a cloud lookin land, and I jumped off the cliff, then I noticed it was just a cloud
                                                        in the distance....so I fell.

#28   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2005 - 03:13 PM

Hmmm, well: In SSBM I played a team match (PWNED as usual). Then the match became a one on one match with my friend(I am better than him ^^). I did a ^B and fell down the cliff(I had only one life). I dunno how it happened. Suddenly I was just falling down.

#29   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                                            • Joined: 22-January 05
                                                            • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting
                                                            • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:37 PM

Isaac13, on Jan 23 2005, 03:50 PM, said:

The most humiliating for me, was when me and Golden Djiin were playing halo against our cousins, our warthog was shot by a tank, I was flying through the air, fell onto the ground, died insantly, and then the warthog fell on my back, breaking bones. Golden Djiin died instantly when we were hit by the rocket.

And we told them that we were the best at Halo ^_^

#30   Blade Lord Lyn 

• Disciple
                                                              • Joined: 08-April 04
                                                              • Location:Mid-Jersey
                                                              • Interests:Fire Emblem and Golden Sun

Posted 23 January 2005 - 04:47 PM

Halo 2

Jumping up a gravity lift, throwing a grenade into a group of teammate (I threw it before I saw who they were) landing in the group and all 4 of us dying at one.

I got a suicide and 3 betrayals =((

That one is the saddest one x_x;

Anyways, I was playing FE, and Fa's Dragon Stone broke. After that, a group of Mamkoot's came and decimated her. So defenseless without that stupid rock.

#31   Ganon 

• Slayer
                                                              • PipPipPipPipPip
                                                                • Joined: 12-September 04
                                                                • Location:Home...
                                                                • Interests:Hi.Sup.Wasup.Goodbye.bye-bye.See ya.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 04:05 PM

Game-Maple story

I booted up my character. While I was waiting for it to start I turned around and saw a tv show. Apparently I was so busy wtih the tv show for 5min. When I turned around....death by slime

#32   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
                                                                  • Posts: 2,489
                                                                  • Joined: 08-November 04

Posted 24 January 2005 - 04:31 PM

i remember playing melee on Venom i think it was, a crate had landed on the wing and was gonna roll down onto me so i went to get out the way. The wavebird died out of batteries and i just stood there while this crate very slowly inched towards me. I scarmbled around for my other controller and just before i got it in, the crate hit me and exploded...*doesnt use wavebirds now*

#33   Somia 

• Disciple
                                                                    • Posts: 1,585
                                                                    • Joined: 25-October 04
                                                                    • Gender:Female
                                                                    • Location:Inside a Jar
                                                                    • Interests:..Truffles, White Chocolates, Flying, RPGing &amp; a Smile.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 04:35 PM

once i was playing conquer online, and then I went to the traning ground because noone can do any damamge there, but then I forgot I was gonna do somethig and I exited the place and sit ouotside Twin city, then I got atacked by pack pheasants(the weakest monster) after about 3 hoursI returned I actully saw myself died with 3 HP left..It's really funny...

#34   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
                                                                      • Posts: 1,479
                                                                      • Joined: 01-August 04
                                                                      • Location:Sarver, PA
                                                                      • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, video games, the forums, etc.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:21 PM

In SCII, I jumped over Taki as Talim, then ducked her running stab, then when I was rising, somehow I accidentally ran over the edge. This was in a dungeon room, with the icy floor.

#35   ForteGX 

• Master Adept
                                                                        • Posts: 2,517
                                                                        • Joined: 18-July 04

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:24 PM

Same game; SCII.

I was playing as Taki and performed a front flip to get behind my opponent...

...little did I know that I'd jump right off the stage...

#36   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                          • Posts: 6,607
                                                                          • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                                          • Gender:Male
                                                                          • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:26 PM

Through my experiences with the Legend of Zelda series, I have discovered that Cuccos do not like to be hurt. They will hurt you back.

#37   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
                                                                            • Posts: 2,416
                                                                            • Joined: 28-August 04
                                                                            • Location:London

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:27 PM

Woohoo, i've gone to a whole new low on runescape, I got killed by a cow ^^

#38   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:28 PM

Wise words, GL.

Oh, and I learned that on Super Mario Sunshine, Bowser likes to bathe in HOT water, so don't expect to refill your health meter by jumping in the tub with him...

#39   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                • Posts: 2,686
                                                                                • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                                • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                                • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:13 PM

Halo 2. I was run over TWICE by my computer teammates while I was in my ghost. Yes twice both times it happened in the same place.

#40   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:21 PM

Hilarious, Forte :D

I remember in Link's Awakening (DX), I was feeling particularly evil and stole the Bow/Arrows from the shop. So, I continue on my quest, and I return, a few dungeons later, much later into the game...

Needless to say the Shopkeeper was there waiting for me, and after that, I don't think I would ever steal again.

#41 Guest_LadySlayerKimikoKageneshi_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:24 PM

I was playeing Street Fighter online, and my human opponent was Ryu. I was Chun-Li (Of course). I had done over 5 special moves on him in a row and he was about to die...
                                                                                  Then, as I prepare to do my finishing move, "Spinning Bird Kick," Chun-Li spun upside down. She froze in that position. Suddenly, Ryu gets up from out of nowhere and begins pounding me while I was still there, and then Chun-Li began duplicating. So I tried to abort the game, but the windows began cloning themselves. I was confused. My health bar was about to fade comletley, and like 50 windows appeared, showing the same thing. It was like they wanted me to watch her die like that. He uses "Shoryuken" on me, and I die. I die in all thw windows simultaneously, in that position. Then the windows closed, and I was peanilised by me team members for being so stupid.
                                                                                  That was most likely the worst gaming experience I ever had with dying.

#42   l3lueMage 

• Disciple
                                                                                    • Posts: 1,472
                                                                                    • Joined: 19-January 05
                                                                                    • Location:San Jose, CA

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:27 PM

on SMBM or just original I got confused because we were all kirby and I fell to my deaeth, didnt even move when falling lol

#43   kryptonite 

• Gallant
                                                                                    • PipPipPip
                                                                                      • Posts: 159
                                                                                      • Joined: 07-April 04
                                                                                      • Location:Anemos
                                                                                      • Interests:???

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:40 PM

In Majora's Mask, I was pwning everything as a Deku... until Dinofols appeared and blew fire at me. I died instantly. >_<

#44   Venus dude 21 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                        • Posts: 625
                                                                                        • Joined: 28-November 04
                                                                                        • Location:That place....over there...
                                                                                        • Interests:Just being me.

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:21 PM

In lord of the rings the third age, i just fought the balrog in moria, but since i was weak, a goblin came and killed me in one shot.

#45   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                          • Posts: 851
                                                                                          • Joined: 30-March 04

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:32 PM

I'm not really embarrassed by it, but it is pretty funny:

I was playing Sim Copter and I was getting sick of the missions, so I decided to fly though one of the tunnel-bridges. anyway, there was an oncoming car that i didn't notice until it was too late, and it knocked me into about two more cars, so I just figured "what the heck?" and shot all of my tear gas bombs in random directions. I also managed to dispatch a few ambulances, fire trucks and police cars before I crashed. anyway, the result:

-3 flaming cars (which eventually resulted in a much larger fire)
                                                                                          -about 5-7 injured people
                                                                                          -a MASSIVE traffic jam

anyway, because of the traffic jam, none of the emergency vehicles could get through to put out the fires of save the people. I lost all of my money and career points as a penalty, and I lost my only copter, but I at least I went down in a blaze of glory :)

EDIT: and yes, I, too have experienced the "Death by Cuccos" in various LoZ games.

#46   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:46 PM

smash brothers - it was one life each for me and my friend but he was on 120% and i was on 0%. An electrode appeared and i picked it up (i was Fox) and prepared to use dash attack to move it to my friend and blow us both up. I knew he would die and i wouldnt. But...a mini mushroom fell on me as a i went to use the move and thus made me drop the electrode and cancel my move. Thus the electrod exploded and i died instantly cos i was mini. There was that helium scream for when a mini'd character dies aswell -.-

#47   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                                                                                              • Posts: 3,190
                                                                                              • Joined: 24-October 04
                                                                                              • Location:the Netherlands
                                                                                              • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:35 PM

Whahhaha that one is very shamefull RB! Still mine is worse I think.

#48   ForteGX 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 January 2005 - 05:24 PM

Bloody Roar: Primal Fury. I was playing as Gado, fighting against Shina. Both of our health meters were near empty; I transformed into a hyper beast, and used one of Gado's all-powerful beast drives, G-Cannon. It was successful, she had been KO'd, but I messed up, and when Shina ricoched off the wall, she crashed into me and knocked me out, too.

...shameful... -.-' My health meter was SUPPOSED to refill...

#49   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                  • Posts: 2,686
                                                                                                  • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                                                  • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                                                  • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 26 January 2005 - 05:45 PM

RB brought back some bad flashbacks with the deaths I had in SSBM.

I was kirby and I was playing on all-star mode fighting Samus and Marth. I grabbed Marth and used my up throw to toss him up.(When you throw a person up into the sky with kirby you go up with them.) Well, we were on the stage were your on a moving ship and you have to jump off it before it falls and later jump back on it and start the cycle again. It was pretty early into the fight so when I grabbed Marth the platform where your suppose to jump off and land on the ship was still there but its pretty high so when we landed on it we both died.

That's my story.

#50   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 26 January 2005 - 05:48 PM

Ahh, I also recall an event that occurred in Fire Emblem (the Blazing Sword, for GBA). It was in the chapter where you challenge Darin... my Raven, promoted as a Hero, was destroying the battle field...

I have the battle animation on, and thus, all I see are Raven's constant criticals, and the enemy being felled in one move... I failed to realize that he had a Devil Axe... dear me, such a beautiful critical move, oh how powerful he defeated himself...

#51   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                                                      • Posts: 1,657
                                                                                                      • Joined: 08-June 04
                                                                                                      • Location:Karratha, Australia
                                                                                                      • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 26 January 2005 - 06:06 PM

I just remembered this one: I was playing Ace Combat 3 (A Flight simulator) and I was getting sick of plain old flying around, So I decided to see if I was any good at stunts. I did flying through bridges, under bridges, 360 loops etc, but when I went to fly up parrallel to a skyscraper... thing's went a little south. Literally.

#52   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                        • Posts: 4,875
                                                                                                        • Joined: 19-August 04
                                                                                                        • Location:Calabasas, California
                                                                                                        • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 26 January 2005 - 08:39 PM

In SSBM, I was playing as Kirby, and I was hitting my opponent in midair (I forgot who). I knocked him off from the top, but then, without noticing, I was still flying and I killed myself.

#53   Blink 

• Disciple
                                                                                                          • Posts: 1,087
                                                                                                          • Joined: 23-January 05
                                                                                                          • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:24 AM

Super Mario 64:
                                                                                                          Bowser's Second level, in lava land.

I was right up at the final part of the stage, I could see the pipe, and there were these moving grate things that were platforms to keep you off the lava. I timed it wrong, and I slipped and fell under the platform since I went too early. I ended up loosing all of my health bouncing up and down screaming on the hot lava, hitting the bottom of the cage and falling back down onto the lava only to repeat the process. On the fourth fall, I finally died, but boy was it torture to see Mario trapped in a cage filled with lava. I wasn't good at platformers at the time(first console, second game, 2nd grade), so it took me a looong time to get there....and to get back there too.

#54   Ivan is my name 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                            • Posts: 974
                                                                                                            • Joined: 13-December 04
                                                                                                            • Location:Good ol' England

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:16 AM

Soul calibur 2: Playing as nightmare, I was on time attack and my favourite move with nightmare is the <--- <--- Y move. I was next the edge so jumped up.... and jumped in.... so annoying. I have more deaths with nightmare..... I was killing loads of people with ---> Y and knocking them off the edge. Then I found out that A was better for that job so I used that instead.... too slow. Got kicked by Xiangua.... Another death..... Nightmare again. I was on Practice ( Extra with Glam) and I set the enemies to fight me and trying to knock as many out of the ring as possible before getting knocked out myself. I was on the smallest stage possible and using the ---> Y or A trick to knock them off the edge. Then, I was against Kilik ( Charade actually, with Kiliks weaopn) and he used ---> A+Y. I died...

#55   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
                                                                                                              • Posts: 2,416
                                                                                                              • Joined: 28-August 04
                                                                                                              • Location:London

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:20 AM

Mario Kart, I was on the phone with someone, I didn't realize I was continuously going forward... and yeah I fell, I got very annoyed at that, I was winning >>

#56   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:44 PM

Tenchu 2. I was running around this beach area where I noticed that you could out swimming. really far. And before I knew that games DID have limit's to how far out to sea you could go, I treid to swim out and out and out etc. Anyway, What I didn't know was that the cheeky people over at Activision had put a Shark in the water. Even a ninja can't beat a shark...

#57   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                  • Posts: 1,860
                                                                                                                  • Joined: 22-January 05
                                                                                                                  • Gender:Female
                                                                                                                  • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting
                                                                                                                  • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 28 January 2005 - 09:12 PM

Wow, that is the worst way to die. ( well unless you got killed by a gernade or anything like that in Halo or Halo 2.) ^_^

#58   Isaac13 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                    • Posts: 953
                                                                                                                    • Joined: 26-August 04
                                                                                                                    • Location:Gundam
                                                                                                                    • Interests:Auck.

Posted 28 January 2005 - 09:34 PM

^_^ God, that is by far, the worst way. I thought mine was funny.

#59   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                      • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 28 January 2005 - 10:42 PM

What's was yours?
                                                                                                                      Heh, Most of the time's that I die in Videogames (Besides accidently getting killed) is because I go out of my way to do bizarre things. Like in Golden sun, I tried to beat it with felix (And I've died COUNTLESS times). It just makes games alot more fun. IMO.

#60   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                        • Posts: 4,875
                                                                                                                        • Joined: 19-August 04
                                                                                                                        • Location:Calabasas, California
                                                                                                                        • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 28 January 2005 - 10:48 PM

Soul Calibur 2: I was battling my cousin with Talim, and I got him low enough on health to defeat him in one blow. I was near the edge *Me facing the edge, my cousin, as Raphael, at the tip facing away). I used Talim's >+B move *when she thrusts foward* and-my cousin evades me and I end up jumping off, killing myself.

#61   Ivan is my name 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:08 AM

Burnout: As Roadster, I was heading for the finish line on interstate and yknow that it is in a city andI swerved to try to do a crafty move, but ended up swerving tooo far and smashing the wall. I lost.....

#62   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                                                                                                                            • Posts: 10,366
                                                                                                                            • Joined: 04-October 04
                                                                                                                            • Location:Winnipeg, MB

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:02 PM

Yesterday, I was playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 when I got hit by a car. I then flew into the other lane where I was repeatedly pushed by another car so that I couldn't get up. This went on for about 30 seconds until the car finally turned away. That was humiliating.

#63   Darklink79 

• Squire
                                                                                                                            • Pip
                                                                                                                              • Posts: 68
                                                                                                                              • Joined: 12-October 04
                                                                                                                              • Interests:Golden Sun, Legend of Zelda.

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:05 PM

On Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis, I was playing against one of my friends. Anyway, my leader had just attacked his, so they were right next to each other. Then, I brought in my Siren and used Salamander on my leader and the other leader, and brought his HP down to 12 and mine down to 102. None of my other characters could reach the leader, and he would heal on his next turn if he lived, so I used my Lich's Time Flux so my Siren could attack again. Once again she summoned Salamander. All ten summons hit my leader, causing about 162 damage. :P He died.

#64   Ivan is my name 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2005 - 02:34 PM

Ty the tasmainian tiger_ Rex marks the spot. I was inside thevolcano, I got the Bunyip power up, and jumped across the lava for a shortcut ( Not invincible) , but a glitch happened and I cept reacting like i was bieng hurt, even though I wasnt and then I tried moving out and I moved into the lava.... It was annoying, i'm tellin ya!!!

#65   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                  • Posts: 1,422
                                                                                                                                  • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                                                                                                  • Location:Aussieland

Posted 01 February 2005 - 05:12 AM

SSBM
                                                                                                                                  Charging up the super scope my friend just sits there with his reflecter sheild on, lol. Of course, I don't think to let it go b4 it reaches full power and I get killed :P.
                                                                                                                                  This is a reasonably common stupid death. Unless your thinking really quickly, the only thing you have time to think is "oh sh**!" :P.

...
                                                                                                                                  come on! We all do it!

Killing yourself with bombs is also funny. Unless it blows up in your face when you go to pick it up, which is just plain annoying.

And lets not forget floating slowly to your doom with Peach's umbrella, lol.

#66   Ivan is my name 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:14 AM

I thinkwe have all experienced the Peach expierience.....
                                                                                                                                    SSBM: I used too have a broken controller and it always went forwards a bit. I was on Big blue and my mum turned to talk to me and.... well you can guess what hapened next....

#67   Wind_Master 

• Squire
                                                                                                                                    • Pip
                                                                                                                                      • Posts: 31
                                                                                                                                      • Joined: 12-April 05
                                                                                                                                      • Location:Winnipeg, Manitoba
                                                                                                                                      • Interests:Of course video games! (Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, any other RPG) I sorta play guitar, so yeah, that's an intrest. I'm gonna try designing video games as a career.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:44 PM

I was playing Halo2 with some friends, we were on teams and I was trying to find my one friend, so I jumped into a pit where she had just fallen and died....yup :P

The day after I was play VS mode on SO:3 (My game) I didn't win one battle against the CPU, but my friend (who had never even played a PS2 before) won every battle, even against 2 CPU players!! Humiliating

#68   Nobody 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                        • Posts: 653
                                                                                                                                        • Joined: 11-March 05

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:13 PM

Once on MoH Frontline, an enemy threw a grenade straight at me...
                                                                                                                                        The part that made it humiliating was that I didn't try to move to evade it. Needless to say, I got hit and died after that.

#69   Shinkenrui 

• New User
                                                                                                                                          • Posts: 13
                                                                                                                                          • Joined: 20-February 05
                                                                                                                                          • Location:Quesnel BC

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

my most embarrasing death was on timesplitters future perfect I was playing deathmatch with my friend in siberia and he was on the other side of the lake and I was driving towards him in the jeep and he fired the flare gun straight up and when I got there.... you can probably guess what happened

#70   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:59 PM

XD!!! omg i have that game and can picture it happening...you're right...thats awesome XD

very unfortunate^^

#71   Kewne 

• Lord
                                                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                              • Group: Banned
                                                                                                                                              • Posts: 282
                                                                                                                                              • Joined: 19-July 04

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:43 AM

One time playing Star wars: Jedi knight 2: Jedi outcast multiplayer with my brother, we were in the same team, he took the rocket launcher an put it to seek on me. We didn't have friendly fire on so he thought it would be ok, but the power of the rocket sent me off the walkway and down to the ground.

this time I didn't die, but I had my friend killed. I was playing CS for the first time and we were about 5 on each side. I didn't know that much so I shot the first one coming at me, but it was my friend. he thought that it was another friend, not me, who had shot him so he turned around and shot him with. pretty funny for me(never told them)

#72   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                                                                                • Posts: 6,678
                                                                                                                                                • Joined: 07-February 04
                                                                                                                                                • Location:Room 101
                                                                                                                                                • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                                                                                                                                                • AKA Agatio

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:57 AM

Duke Nukem: Manhatten Project.
                                                                                                                                                I was in the last world where it has low gravity, I did a spectacular jump only to land directly in front of a warrior robot thing.
                                                                                                                                                Instant Death.

#73   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                                  • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:21 AM

Hmmm, most recent embarresing death: Final Fantasy V: Went somewhere where I shouldn't of; Met insanely powerful thingo; Died Fastly.

Not cool. No siree.

#74   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 2,064
                                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 11-February 04
                                                                                                                                                    • Location:Atlanta, GA, USA
                                                                                                                                                    • Interests:Computers and anything science-related
                                                                                                                                                    • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:40 PM

Well, in Star Wars The Clone Wars, I killed myself while escaping the Force Harvester on the Kasshik (if thats how you spell it) moon

#75   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                      • Posts: 2,770
                                                                                                                                                      • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                                                                                                      • Location:London, UK
                                                                                                                                                      • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                                                                                                                                                      • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:04 AM

Nick knifed me in the back on Counter-Strike once. That hoe. =P

#76   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                        • Posts: 731
                                                                                                                                                        • Joined: 31-March 05
                                                                                                                                                        • Location:Level 5 of hell
                                                                                                                                                        • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:09 AM

Agh. I would say something about Halo but...just agh.

I'm playin RE4 in front of my friends. I'm standing perfectly still, I think i've killed everyguy in a area. Then suddenly, behind me, comes a chainsaw wielding maniac.
                                                                                                                                                        I manage to dodge him. Another guy grabs me, throws me, I get up... and instant decapitation ^_^

#77   Lance 

• Squire
                                                                                                                                                        • Pip
                                                                                                                                                          • Posts: 38
                                                                                                                                                          • Joined: 09-October 04
                                                                                                                                                          • Location:Edmonton, Alberta

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:31 AM

Heh, I will go where Lifeform did not. I will talk about my beautiful Halo deaths.

I was playing Neutral Bomb on live, with my friend and another guy on my team. I picked up the bomb in the middle and proceeded to jog towards there base.

Over the team chat, I said, "Maybe it isn't the smartest idea to walk across a field in broad daylight holding a bomb." My friend agreed, just as a sniper hit me in the chest.

I didn't die though. No, it took three more sniper shots and a banshee to take me down, all while I was screaming, over team chat of course, how I'd wasted my life.

I love the deaths where you turn the corner and a rocket flies in your face. For some reason, I always laugh when I'm engulfed in flames and see my body fly out the opposite way I came in.

Once I was playing lockout with someguy, and he was standing at the sniper spot. But there were those explosive barrels behind him. One sniper shot and he was picking shrapnel out of his a$$, after the blue flame cleared. Well, he was kinda dead, but if he were alive he would be.

#78   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                            • Posts: 731
                                                                                                                                                            • Joined: 31-March 05
                                                                                                                                                            • Location:Level 5 of hell
                                                                                                                                                            • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:36 AM

Lance, on Apr 22 2005, 11:31 PM, said:

I love the deaths where you turn the corner and a rocket flies in your face. For some reason, I always laugh when I'm engulfed in flames and see my body fly out the opposite way I came in.

Lol, I'd be playin it right now but..*checking* Direct3D isn't workin right now.

Ahh, one from about 2 years ago.
                                                                                                                                                            I was playin Sonic CD, the level where you have to beat Metal Sonic to the end. I make it to the end where you need to jump. Tryed to jump at the last second. And....I got Pwned by Metal Sonic on my last life.

#79   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                              • Posts: 3,345
                                                                                                                                                              • Joined: 26-February 04
                                                                                                                                                              • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:13 AM

Ravenblade, on Jan 20 2005, 05:20 PM, said:

ok i thinki win this - my first ever death on Ocarina of Time - i got through the entire deku tree without dying, and got to kakariko village. I saw and attacked a chicken. The chicken crowed in a cuut scene and i thought this was amusing. Next thing i knew, the chicken revenge squad appeared and pwned me totally - thus killing me.

i was killed by chickens...

Same way. I knew that would happen, due to older Zelda games, But I did it anyway, and poor me, I just entered kakariko with like 2 and a half of my hearts left and then, Uhuhuhuh...

Game Over

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                                              • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                                              • You cannot reply to this topic