Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sexuality? What are you?

Poll: Choose on... (You can keep it anonymous)

Choose on... (You can keep it anonymous)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Cosmos 

• Gallant
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Things I Like:<br />SCUBA Diving<br />Games<br />Movies<br />Tennis<br />Reading<br />Message Boards<br />iPods<br /><br />Things I Dislike:<br />Homophobes<br />Viruses<br />School<br />Screwdrivers<br />Heavy Metal

Posted 29 January 2005 - 01:59 PM

Just curious to see if I am the only one, if you don't want anybody to know, you can keep anonymous, thanks!

#2   Blink 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 29 January 2005 - 02:30 PM

what's a homophobic? someone against ***s?

#3   Kite 

• Gallant
      • PipPipPip
        • Interests:&lt;3~~~ Hate the schools... X3

Posted 29 January 2005 - 02:36 PM

Oh god, this is gonna be hard. Im BI. << People have a hard time hearing it becuase they arent used to hear people saying 'Omg I like the same sex!'.

#4   Cosmos 

• Gallant
        • PipPipPip
          • Interests:Things I Like:<br />SCUBA Diving<br />Games<br />Movies<br />Tennis<br />Reading<br />Message Boards<br />iPods<br /><br />Things I Dislike:<br />Homophobes<br />Viruses<br />School<br />Screwdrivers<br />Heavy Metal

Posted 29 January 2005 - 02:51 PM

This may be a weird question, but just out of curiousity, are you "out" yet, you know, do your parents know? Mine know (as of Monday) and everything seems weird.

#5   Kite 

• Gallant
          • PipPipPip
            • Interests:&lt;3~~~ Hate the schools... X3

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:33 PM

Cosmos, on Jan 29 2005, 04:51 PM, said:

This may be a weird question, but just out of curiousity, are you "out" yet, you know, do your parents know?  Mine know (as of Monday) and everything seems weird.

Nope. ^^;
            XD Theyre so homophobic D:

#6   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
              • Group: Veterans

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:35 PM

straight, but i know *** people who are my age (19) who havent told their parents yet. I also remember one of my friends doing so. His parents were shocked and his dad was displeased. He was gonna move out, but thankfully his parents came round and relaised they loved him anyways^^

i appreciate that this isnt always the case, and also that being straight, i cant really voice an opinion other then what i have been told.

#7   Blink 

• Disciple
                • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:08 PM

I'm homophobicphobic ^.^
                I can't stand homophobics, and I do fear what they'll do when they come across homosexuals, just because sometimes it might involve violence. It's good to know that most people here aren't homophobic...

#8   ForteGX 

• Master Adept
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:20 PM

I'm straight, and against homophobics. I can sympathize with them in a certain respect; it's just these people that take their phobia to such an extreme that it leads to hatred; THOSE are the people that I dislike.

#9   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:26 PM

even so - phobia's are mental conditions right? people dont choose to have them. If people are genuinely terrified by something, no matter what it is, then no one should be against them. People bandy the word "homophobe" around too much and devalue its meaning.

#10   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:30 PM

While I was in France, my bi host and her friends went to a manifestation to support homosexuality and grawr at some homophobes who had killed a homo guy a month before...and they did it just because he's different..

So, I go with what Forte said. They're ok as long as they don't go to such extents <<;

[EDIT] I agree with j00 too Raven o.o but... not to the point where they go killing someone just because of that x_x; It's as if my classmates killed me for liking cats (I'm the only one in a population of...1000+ students who likes cats believe it or not).

#11   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:36 PM

yeah but if they start killing then it becomes something else. Homophobia starts and ends with fear and nothing more. The words associations have grown to mean more though. If people start killing then they are murderers...

#12   Elliott 

• Cool
                          • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                          • AKA Agatio

Posted 29 January 2005 - 09:07 PM

Straight (and lovin' it), and I hate *** people, but I'm not afraid of them, so am I homophobic?

#13   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                            • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 29 January 2005 - 09:14 PM

Sheba, on Jan 29 2005, 07:30 PM, said:

While I was in France, my bi host and her friends went to a manifestation to support homosexuality and grawr at some homophobes who had killed a homo guy a month before...and they did it just because he's different..

So, I go with what Forte said. They're ok as long as they don't go to such extents <<;

[EDIT] I agree with j00 too Raven o.o but... not to the point where they go killing someone just because of that x_x; It's as if my classmates killed me for liking cats (I'm the only one in a population of...1000+ students who likes cats believe it or not).

My thoughts exactly.

Please don't short post, Golden Djinn. Post AT LEAST 5 words. -ForteGX

#14   Bekita 

• Gallant
                            • PipPipPip
                              • Interests:Ummmmmm I like being on the computer ^_^; making avies, reading, eh....talking to friends....wow I'm a nerd &gt;.&lt;

Posted 29 January 2005 - 09:24 PM

I'm straight but not homophobic. People really need to know that they may not agree with a choice but that doesn't mean you hate people for it.

#15   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 29 January 2005 - 09:31 PM

Straight, nonhomophobe. I see no point in being afraid of *** people. The only *** people I dislike are the ones who are WAY too out front with it. Ex.: Bobby Trendy. YAAAAHHHH!!!!

#16   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 29 January 2005 - 10:42 PM

Agatio, on Jan 29 2005, 07:07 PM, said:

I hate *** people

honestly, is there any reason to hate them? It's like hating retards and handicapped people. It's actually cruel. I'm disgusted by handicapped people because their boddies usually look wrong, as I am with people who have down syndrome, *shivers* but that doesn't mean I hate them.

#17   Elliott 

• Cool
                                    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                                    • AKA Agatio

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:22 PM

I don't hate retarded/handicapped people, I find being around them makes me uncomfortable, but by no means do I hate them.

*** people choose that lifestyle, and I hate them for it because it's disgusting and wrong.

#18   Bekita 

• Gallant
                                    • PipPipPip
                                      • Interests:Ummmmmm I like being on the computer ^_^; making avies, reading, eh....talking to friends....wow I'm a nerd &gt;.&lt;

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:26 PM

Agatio, on Jan 29 2005, 11:22 PM, said:

*** people choose that lifestyle, and I hate them for it because it's disgusting and wrong.

I think it's wrong but I don't hate people who are ***. Just because someone does something you don't think is right I don't think it's an excuse to hate them. Everyone does what they think is ok.

#19   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:25 AM

Agatio, on Jan 29 2005, 09:22 PM, said:

I don't think you get it. Homosexual people don't choose to be homosexual. What they can and can't choose to be, is themselves. Just like handicaped people, they can SOMETIMES, and only SOMETIMES hide it. Some handicapped people can't hide their problems. I know you can't hide the fact that you have to use a wheelchair if your legs have extreme problems, and if you are extremely homosexual, you can't hide it at all. Sometimes it even alters your voice. I go to an all guys school(not because I'm homosexual, but because its got the best GPA...in fact it raised my grade from gramar school a whole letter.) and it certainly attracts a lot of homosexuals, and a lot of them are open about it, but a whole lot of them its really hard to tell. It all depends on how homosexual they are, and they can't control that either. We have a ***/straight club for anyone who isn't homophobic, and it really helps us understand eachother a lot better. I just with Agatio could experience something like that so he could understand.. :blink:

#20   Elliott 

• Cool
                                          • AKA Agatio

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:34 AM

Why do you keep bringing disabled people into it?
                                          No, I don't ever want to experience that, it won't change my perspective.

#21   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:37 AM

Straight (Non-Homophobic). Well.... That's it.

#22   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                              • AKA watch

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:54 AM

Blink, on Jan 30 2005, 05:25 PM, said:

I don't think you get it. Homosexual people don't choose to be homosexual. What they can and can't choose to be, is themselves. Just like handicaped people, they can SOMETIMES, and only SOMETIMES hide it. Some handicapped people can't hide their problems. I know you can't hide the fact that you have to use a wheelchair if your legs have extreme problems, and if you are extremely homosexual, you can't hide it at all. Sometimes it even alters your voice. I go to an all guys school(not because I'm homosexual, but because its got the best GPA...in fact it raised my grade from gramar school a whole letter.) and it certainly attracts a lot of homosexuals, and a lot of them are open about it, but a whole lot of them its really hard to tell. It all depends on how homosexual they are, and they can't control that either. We have a ***/straight club for anyone who isn't homophobic, and it really helps us understand eachother a lot better. I just with Agatio could experience something like that so he could understand.. :blink:

Can i ask what you are?

I am straight, 100% Never would consider liking men. Example: some guys in my class (straight) pretend to be with each other just to unerve me.

THANK THE LORD THAT JON HOWARD MADE *** MARRIAGES ILLEGAL

#23   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                • Location:Between darkness and wonder...
                                                • Interests:Anime, video games, sports, movies, urban music, hanging with friends, graphics design and many other things.

Posted 30 January 2005 - 04:20 AM

I'm not homophobic, but indeed I am straight. That's all I can say really.

#24   Kikuichimonji 

• Disciple
                                                  • Interests:stuff :)

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:35 AM

Straight but non-homophobic. I just think let the homosexuals be, aslong as they don't like enforce it.

#25   Sol.Warrior 

• Lord
                                                  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:06 AM

What's with all the threads about sexuality all of a sudden?

Straight.

#26   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                    • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:31 AM

Just a couple things to clear up on: people do not need to post what they voted fore, becuase that is SPAM! Secondly, generally, a homophobic is not somebody who is scared of *** people, but somebody who shows hatred towards them. (Homophobia can mean fear of *** people, but it is rarely used in that sense.)

#27   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:00 PM

Cosmos...

Phobia= fear.

People tend to think that homophobes are people who hate homosexuals <<; Which is not the true meaning of the word.

Bah, ignore me if you want o.o.

#28   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                          • Group: Moderator
                                                          • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:09 PM

I'm Straight, (liking those of the opposite gender) and I'm pretty darn sure of it... although I think there is no real way of knowing what sexuality you are.

I'm not against ***-ness, I don't actually give a crap as to what they do. What we need to remember is that *** people are people too (words taken by FGX) it's wrong in it's own sense to discriminate *** people just because they choose that lifestyle (even though some of them don't actually choose)

#29   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                          • PipPipPip
                                                            • Joined: 05-July 04

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:09 PM

I understand what you are saying, but that is not what it is generally used to talk about. If you say to somebody that something is "cool" and go to the dictionary to look up "cool", you will find that "cool" means below a regular temperature. If you want to get what the word actually means in everyday, informal context, either use your street smarts, or look it up on UrbanDictionary.com! (Actually don't, the first definition given is explicit.)

Here is the definition given for homophobic:
                                                            1. Homophobic
                                                            A term that people use to label individuals that openly dissaprove of their orientation in a futile attempt to insult them.

I mean, geese. The proper term for these people is "Anti-homosexual." Just because someone doesn't approve of your lifestyle doesn't mean they're afraid of you.

A person who is truely afraid of homosexuals, I can sort of understand, but in general context, a homophobe is somebody who insults and harasses *** people. (Haven't any of you heard the term before in everyday context? Maybe where I live is slightly different, but I have never actually heard homophobia to describe an irrational and uncontrollable fear of *** people!)

#30   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
                                                              • Joined: 08-November 04

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:14 PM

yes its the same everywhere - i have never heard it used properly anywhere. However, i dont think that its meaning has changed as such...its the connotations of the word that have been altered. There is a case to argue that this changes the definition of the word but...seeing as how what it is replaing is still usable...anyways this isnt about linguistics^^

The point is that people who irrationally hate *** people are wrong right?

#31   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                              • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:33 PM

Like some people on this board <_<

Well, at least I know that most of you guys can accept me for who I am!

Anyway, WD, most people don't choose, and those who do are not truly ***, but just really stupid and don't believe in contraceptives and that stuff. Those are the people that make me mad, becuase they enforce all the wrong stereotypes.

#32   Blink 

• Disciple
                                                                  • Posts: 1,087
                                                                  • Joined: 23-January 05

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:02 PM

Agatio, I keep bringing in disabled people because its the best population of the world that you can compare homosexuals to. They're both discriminated and disliked for who they are, and they have no choice in the matter. It's the best comparison I have for you, and, if you can accept disabled and retarded people but not homosexuals, you are a strange, strange man...(in my opinion)

I'm 100% straight by the way, but, I still feel sad for homosexuals since I know so many and they tell me what its like to go through(I have a frikin soft side for discriminated people).

#33   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                  • PipPipPip
                                                                    • Posts: 176

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:05 PM

Hmmm... I would really rather not be compared to disabled people, even if it does change people... How about people of color? It's not negative, just different, and lots of people dislike them for it. Yeah, the disabled thing kind of bothers me... Sorry! <_< But thanks nonetheless, Blink!

#34   BloodPhoenix 

• Knight
                                                                    • PipPip
                                                                      • Posts: 147
                                                                      • Joined: 13-July 04

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:20 PM

*Straight*

The world is full of different people, in colour, race, religion, size, sexuality and alot more ways, but does that really change who YOU are!

Example: If i was a black, i'd still be me...

To be completly honest i don't think it matters what you do and what people think. If you know you're right, what else matters?

#35   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:29 PM

Sorry cosmos, I'm just trying to find a way for Agatio to understand how he's acting...<_<

It just saddens me how discriminated homosexuals are. I was so glad when *** marridge became legal in San Fransisco. I though "Wow! Maybe the world is really turning into a good place after all! Where we can all accept eachother!" only to find that SF wasn't starting a trend with it, just getting people angry :(

#36   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                        • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:21 PM

Honestly, I just look at it like the "Little Rock Nine." They were the first black kids to enter a "white" school, and were really discriminated against. They overcame their adversity over time, even though the action of mixing the races only made people really angry. I think that not allowing *** marriage will work just as well as not allowing women the vote, or not allowing mixed schools work. There will always be hate out there, but honestly, you just get used to it, and have to look at the good side of things.

#37   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                            • Posts: 6,678
                                                                            • Joined: 07-February 04
                                                                            • Gender:Male
                                                                            • Location:Room 101
                                                                            • AKA Agatio

Posted 30 January 2005 - 04:17 PM

Quote

Like some people on this board

So you're calling me irrational, and wrong? Well, isn't that a touch arrogant, as your preaching freedom of speech etc.?

#38   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:30 PM

He's not calling you wrong, just, unconsciencious I think. You really don't seem to be able to look at it from someone who is ***'s point of view.

#39   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                • AKA Agatio

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:31 PM

And nor do I want to.
                                                                                I happy with my perspective, and I don't need anyone telling me different.

#40   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                                • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:55 PM

Agatio, I noticed in the "World Flaws" topic, you were mentioning how you now lack free speech, right? You were saying that you cannot insult a woman, or a homosexual without getting "crucified," and that is apparantely taking away free speech. Do you approve of the C-word? Do you think that that should be an everyday word that can be used in public, or that you can call women that? You probably don't, and would find a place that used that sort of language uncivilized. (If you would be fine with that, then there is no point saying any more to you.) If somebody called you a word of that level of explicit-ness and offensiveness every day, or howabout many people called you that every day, how would you feel? Would you ever call a black person a ******? That is just as offensive as calling a *** person a ******, but you have justified it in your mind due to your heavy Christian faith. Now if there was a faith that considered being black, or being Christian, very evil and unjustified, would that make calling a black person or you a **** any more justified? You may say it is different, because either you say that being *** is a choice (which I KNOW it isn't), or maybe because both are more common, or socially accepted, and if that is what you think, then honestly, you are the type of person that makes my skin crawl, as I probably am to you. And as for the moderators, if I said anything too offensive, I am sorry, and I give you permission to remove this post, but if it isn't, then Agatio, please keep it civilized. (Which, by the way, you spelled wrong in a previous post, there is a "Z" in it.)

#41   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                    • AKA Agatio

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:59 PM

I don't have heavy Christian faith, no idea where you pulled that from.
                                                                                    There's a lot of things I believe in, and don't believe in. And boys being attracted to boys is something that makes me lose my lunch. YOU, make my skin crawl OK? Now, I don't want any arguments here, as every time there, I end up with a ban or suspension etc. But let's get one thing clear before I 'leave' this topic. I hate what you are, and nothing will ever change that, ok?

#42   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                                    • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:10 PM

Sure, I don't want anything to do with you, as I hate you too (but thanks for the laugh anyway)! What a coincidence. Off of that topic, I will avoid talking with you, as I am sure that will only end up with a lock on this topic, but hey, at least I know that not everybody hates me. Oh, and I apologize if my last post was a little harsh, and I also apologize about making the assumption that you are a strong Christian believer, just honestly, most people who are homophobic are strongly Christian as well. Now we both know that neither of us are going to change ANY opinions, there is no point in this conversation so here is the ==> END.

#43   l3lueMage 

• Disciple
                                                                                        • Posts: 1,472
                                                                                        • Joined: 19-January 05
                                                                                        • Location:San Jose, CA

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:14 PM

I dunno, I mean they can be annoying yet try to be your friends hoping to "win" you over LOL. well that was kinda wrong but it could be true thats why I for the most part try staying away from them.

#44   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                                        • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:17 PM

Another common stereotype <_<

When you are talking to a girl, do you always assume she is trying to win over you?

And just because you are a male doesn't mean that a *** person will like you. But anyway, with those sorts of opinions, you really don't have to worry about having a *** friend.

#45   l3lueMage 

• Disciple
                                                                                            • Posts: 1,472
                                                                                            • Joined: 19-January 05
                                                                                            • Location:San Jose, CA

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:19 PM

Im not being stereo type, I guess its only cause the only 2 *** people I have talked to did try doing that...so ya its just my experience and now I try avoiding most of them just cause of that.

#46   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                                            • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:23 PM

Really?
                                                                                              Well, I know that I have never done that, and I don't plan on doing it either. I can understand why you were sort of creeped out then, but seriously, don't assume that everybody is that way, because I know that I am not. Your "friends" must have been pretty stupid.
                                                                                              Ah, well anyway, at least you don't think that we should be kicked out of civilized society, do you?

#47   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:41 PM

Cosmos, on Jan 30 2005, 04:10 PM, said:

Oh, and I apologize if my last post was a little harsh, and I also apologize about making the assumption that you are a strong Christian believer, just honestly, most people who are homophobic are strongly Christian as well. 

<_<
                                                                                                it's that kind of stereotypical thing I wouldn't expect from someone like you Cosmos! I'm christian, catholic at that, which is a christian religion but completely different from prodestants. Catholics are really accepting of all races and religions, ***/straight, black/white, brilliant/troubled. It bugs me when people instantly assume that all Christians are prodestants, and even then, that all prodestants are homophobics. Anyways, don't say all christians have prodestant traits, because more than half of us don't.

#48   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                                                • PipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2005 - 06:45 PM

I was not assuming that all Christians are homophobes, or even that most are. However, most severe homophobes were spurred into thinking that way via faith and what their book says is right and wrong. I knew from previous posts that Agatio is religious and conservative, and I assumed that it was that which caused his hatred toward homosexuals. I had apparantely wrongly assumed that his religion had caused his hatred toward people like me, and you have to understand that I have plenty of Christian friends of all different branches, and I have never said anything negative to them because of that. However, I do apologize for enforcing an incorrect stereotype; I of all people should know, okay?

#49   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                    • Posts: 718
                                                                                                    • Joined: 07-November 04
                                                                                                    • Interests:Anime, video games, sports, movies, urban music, hanging with friends, graphics design and many other things.

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:15 AM

Blink, on Jan 31 2005, 11:41 AM, said:

Catholics are really accepting of all races and religions, ***/straight,

Not to be stereotypical, but no a majority of them don't.

#50   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:32 AM

Andross, on Jan 30 2005, 02:31 PM, said:

Straight, nonhomophobe. I see no point in being afraid of *** people. The only *** people I dislike are the ones who are WAY too out front with it. Ex.: Bobby Trendy. YAAAAHHHH!!!!

For once I agree. I don't agree with homosexuals who try to flaunt their sexuality in front of everyone's face just to seem rebelious. I think both homosexual haters and homosexuals themselves should learn how to respect each other. Both ways.

#51   Angelic_Raine 

• Squire
                                                                                                      • Pip
                                                                                                        • Posts: 53
                                                                                                        • Joined: 20-January 05
                                                                                                        • Location:Regina, SK, Canada
                                                                                                        • Interests:I enjoy the odd RP, reading, writing, ANIME and of course Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Oh and cheerleading!! Hopefully this spring at my first tryouts at University cheerleading I'll make at least the JV team, wish me luck ^-^. I also love Angel Sanctuary, Rurouni Kenshin, Final Fantasy and The Tales Of Symphonia video game and my newest video game addiction... Baten Kaitos!! Oh and don't rub me the wrong way as I am quick to anger :P!... No really I am XD!

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:11 AM

Wind Dude, on Jan 30 2005, 12:09 PM, said:

although I think there is no real way of knowing what sexuality you are.

I agree and that is why I voted bisexual. At one point I was with my best female friend and strictly homosexual, we had a fling for a couple of months but it ended and a couple confusing years later I met Collin and love him more than anything in the world. I think that most people at one point in their life experience a time when they find another person of the same sex attractive. Homosexuality is not ALL about wanting to marry or have relations with someone of the same sex but also that one is attracted to the same sex. However at this point in time I can honestly say that no one, in my eyes, is more attractive then Collin. :P.:lol:

Off Topic - Forgive me if I sound strange I'm extremely tired from a long day of work.

#52   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                          • Posts: 3,165
                                                                                                          • Joined: 10-October 04
                                                                                                          • Location:Sydney, Australia
                                                                                                          • AKA watch

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:00 AM

Ok i realise i WAS leaving and i am, but i got to say this before this topic gets closed.

Cosmos, on Jan 31 2005, 10:55 AM, said:

Now if there was a faith that considered being black, or being Christian, very evil and unjustified, would that make calling a black person or you a **** any more justified?  You may say it is different, because either you say that being *** is a choice (which I KNOW it isn't), or maybe because both are more common, or socially accepted, and if that is what you think, then honestly, you are the type of person that makes my skin crawl, as I probably am to you. 

Ok to start of, i am religous, my church is in the christen branch. And being *** IS a choice. how can you say different. you are NOT born ***, how does that work. and don't you dare start bullcrapping me with science and birth problems or genepools because that isn't an acceptable answer.
                                                                                                          The lord is perfect, he gave us the power to create life between a man and a WOMAN. not to sleep around with people of the same gender because of some crap reason.

Obviously you make Agaito's skin crawl, and he makes yours crawl. well sorry to say but you also make mine crawl. I don't understand how you can think that being *** is right or acceptable. find me one shred of proof that isn't clouded with science and people's rights, i don't want to read the consitiuton. Find me YOUR proof that being *** is alright and *** marriages should be allowed and believe me i will GLADLY take back this post and request its deleteion.

Ok, i'll take a stab at this from your point of view. The majority of the world is straight. It's always going to be peer pressure. and ***s will never hold power in this world. I promise you that ***s will never have enough power in the world to change it. And i say again

THANK THE LORD THAT JON HOWARD MADE *** MARRIAGES ILLEGAL.

Now i am going to take a break from this fourms since cosmos got me all worked up and annoyed again.

#53   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                                            • AKA Agatio

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:06 AM

Quote

Ok, i'll take a stab at this from your point of view. The majority of the world is straight. It's always going to be peer pressure. and ***s will never hold power in this world. I promise you that ***s will never have enough power in the world to change it. And i say again

The world is already on a downhill sprial, next thing you know poofters will be running for Prime Minister.

#54   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                              • AKA watch

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:13 AM

Agatio, on Jan 31 2005, 08:06 PM, said:

The world is already on a downhill sprial, next thing you know poofters will be running for Prime Minister.

Duh, look at who went in for our last election. And look who got reinstated in U.S.A

#55   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                                                • AKA Agatio

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:14 AM

And if one of them does get in, you can bet the the first thing they will do is amke *** weddings legal. Then we'll have these fairys running around holding hands with rings on and kissing everywhere, causing me to lose my lunch.

#56   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                  • Posts: 1,422
                                                                                                                  • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                                                                                  • Location:Aussieland

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:25 AM

:P

ok, who cares if *** people go for prime minister? The only thing I see wrong with it is that most of them are only doing to support the *** community (blah blah blah ***s are mistreaded by straights blah!). That isn't the right frame of mind to enter country leadership with.
                                                                                                                  if it's a *** person who seriously is concerned with the country's politics and not obsessed with their own sexuality, sure.

Ok, and for choosing that you are ***, that isn't entirely true. People who do choose that lifestyle are a bit... misleaded... but i respect their decision. Lots of ***s, however, do not choose their sexuality, it comes naturally (or unnaturally, whatever way you wish to look at it, but it's all biological).

I'm straight btw, and i'm not homophobic. I don't have anything against them, and i'm certainly not scared of them.
                                                                                                                  A friends uncle is ***, and he's a pretty fun person :lol:.

#57   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                                                    • AKA Agatio

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:40 AM

Show me some hard evidence that homosexuliaty is brought about through genetics, and I will believe you.

#58   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:19 AM

Seriously this topic is turning exactly like the homosexuality debate topic. There's really no more point to this anymore...

I have homosexual friends, and indeed they do tell me it's not a choice. Am I really going to take other people's words who are not homosexuals over a majority of homosexuals? It's a bit unrealistic if you think about it. I used to be a homophobe, but seriously I stopped and I'm glad I did.

#59   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                        • Posts: 2,489

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:11 AM

Illidan double posted earlier o.O

And yeah, a lot of Catholics are opposed to homosexuality, but none of them can say they hate the people for it. On top of that, the problem they have is more with the fact its having sex wihtout producing children. Therefore, they believe sex outside of marraige is just as wrong. So in that sense it isnt discriminaztion against *** people, its the disbelief in "casual" sex.

Anyways, Illidan has a point - we could continue this elsewhere...like the original topic made for it.

#60   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                          • Posts: 2,686
                                                                                                                          • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                                                                          • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                                                                          • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:15 AM

It's pretty striaght forward on what sexuality I am. I can't get enough of the ladies :huh:. Though I may joke around I never go to far....I hope. Please don't reply FGX or RB because I know what your already going to say. :P

#61   Mewt 

• Lord
                                                                                                                          • PipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                            • Posts: 262
                                                                                                                            • Joined: 13-December 04
                                                                                                                            • Location:Konoha Leaf Village
                                                                                                                            • Interests:Computer games (Golden Sun and Final Fantasy series are my favourites), drawing, writing (fanfiction and original), anime and manga, chatting on MSN and watching Little Britain.

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:37 AM

I'm straight and non-homophobic. I mean, many people (and I say many, not ALL) go through points of not knowing. Well, I for one started to feel a bit attracted to girls at one point, but I certainly didn't choose to. It felt natural at that time though. I am over it and I know that I am completely straight. That's my sexuality story I guess.

#62   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                              • Posts: 851
                                                                                                                              • Joined: 30-March 04

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:49 PM

I'm not really attracted to anyone, which makes me Asexual. I have nothing against homosexuals, as they really aren't hurting anyone, and it makes them happy. I don't think that anyone has a right to tell someone that what they like, what feels natural to them, is "wrong", when it doesn't even affect you at all.

#63   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                • Posts: 2,686
                                                                                                                                • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                                                                                • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                                                                                • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:54 PM

Being a homosexual actually natural? Who knows. Maybe it's something some person ate that has caught on to his/her kids.(I am just shooting ideas here. I don't base my thoughts on them.)

#64   Enoch 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                  • Posts: 1,233
                                                                                                                                  • Joined: 26-April 04
                                                                                                                                  • Location:Never the same
                                                                                                                                  • Interests:Serving my fellow man. What greater joy is there than this?

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:58 PM

Straight, but kinda Homophobic. I don't neccesarily hate them, I just don't think it's right, what with my strait christian beleifs and all...............

They seem like nice people though. And if your ***, I don't think there is a clear way of turning back, so they are sorta just there.

So to recap: straight.

#65   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:34 PM

Ravenblade, on Feb 1 2005, 12:11 AM, said:

Illidan double posted earlier o.O

Sorry I couldn't put 2 quotes in the 1 post because my computer is experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment.

#66   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                      • Group: Moderator
                                                                                                                                      • Posts: 4,875
                                                                                                                                      • Joined: 19-August 04
                                                                                                                                      • Location:Calabasas, California
                                                                                                                                      • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:40 PM

I don't have anything against homosexuals. It's their choice.

#67   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                                                                                      • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:59 PM

OMG. This is really getting me POed. Maybe I should just leave this forum. It is NOT a choice, and I would know; I will not correct any more MISTAKEN people.

#68   Bekita 

• Gallant
                                                                                                                                        • PipPipPip
                                                                                                                                          • Posts: 150
                                                                                                                                          • Joined: 18-January 05
                                                                                                                                          • Location:Minnesota

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:03 PM

it's ok cosmos we heard you....I think it might be time for someone to close this

#69   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                                                                                          • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:04 PM

I know, and yeah, it is about time this closed. I shouldn't have started a topic, I just wanted to post a poll, and No-Reply polls drop down WAY too fast. Should have been in spam! :D And thanks all of you SANE people! :P

#70   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                                                                              • AKA Agatio

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:26 PM

I think it is time you left this forum, for good this time, please?

#71   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:08 AM

Agatio, on Jan 31 2005, 09:26 PM, said:

I think it is time you left this forum, for good this time, please?

WTF? Don't act so prejudice Agatio. He's here for the same reason you are, he likes Golden Sun. If you can't stand him, then you should leave the forums. Last I checked anyone was welcome as long as they were sane and followed the rules.

#72   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                  • Posts: 3,190
                                                                                                                                                  • Joined: 24-October 04
                                                                                                                                                  • Location:the Netherlands
                                                                                                                                                  • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:32 AM

I am hetro... Means I like girls. Ya which one must I choose? :P

#73   Angelic_Raine 

• Squire
                                                                                                                                                  • Pip
                                                                                                                                                    • Interests:I enjoy the odd RP, reading, writing, ANIME and of course Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Oh and cheerleading!! Hopefully this spring at my first tryouts at University cheerleading I'll make at least the JV team, wish me luck ^-^. I also love Angel Sanctuary, Rurouni Kenshin, Final Fantasy and The Tales Of Symphonia video game and my newest video game addiction... Baten Kaitos!! Oh and don't rub me the wrong way as I am quick to anger :P!... No really I am XD!

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:09 AM

watch, on Jan 31 2005, 03:00 AM, said:

Ok i realise i WAS leaving and i am, but i got to say this before this topic gets closed.

Ok to start of, i am religous, my church is in the christen branch. And being *** IS a choice. how can you say different. you are NOT born ***, how does that work. and don't you dare start bullcrapping me with science and birth problems or genepools because that isn't an acceptable answer.
                                                                                                                                                    The lord is perfect, he gave us the power to create life between a man and a WOMAN. not to sleep around with people of the same gender because of some crap reason.

Obviously you make Agaito's skin crawl, and he makes yours crawl. well sorry to say but you also make mine crawl. I don't understand how you can think that being *** is right or acceptable. find me one shred of proof that isn't clouded with science and people's rights, i don't want to read the consitiuton. Find me YOUR proof that being *** is alright and *** marriages should be allowed and believe me i will GLADLY take back this post and request its deleteion.

THANK THE LORD THAT JON HOWARD MADE *** MARRIAGES ILLEGAL.

Now i am going to take a break from this fourms since cosmos got me all worked up and annoyed again.

Forgive me for saying this but the way you have stated what you have could have been done in a more mature fashion. Let me just respond to your "being *** is a choice" motion you so happened to put forth. Can you choose whom you fall in love with? Can you look at a person in a bar and say "I will fall in love with that person?" The answer is No and if you believe otherwise you need to take off the rose colored glasses. Also are blacks or asians born with that authenticity or do they choose it? Sexuality is the exact same as any of those. You can't choose it for it simply isn't a choice. And besides, with all the people so angered with *** people, such as yourself, why would they choose to have that hatred brought upon them willingly? So here is my response to you, how IS it a choice? Before you go spouting off about ***s being disgusting simply because they are *** or that because they are *** they will never be successful you should have some basis other than your obvious hatred of them no? Also let me point out that it is stereotypical to label ***s as men who are feminine or women who are masculine. This doesn't tie into your post but I've seen others saying that ***s are this or ***s are that. A lot of the times they aren't those things and you couldn't tell a *** from a straight by looking unless they were holding another mans hand. I am not personally trying to shoot you down or change your opinion but it seems to me you going about expressing you opinion in a way that is downright hurtful and I refuse to accept that as a member of this forum and a caring individual. What I mean by this is your last few little blurbs which obviously didn't need to be included to get your point across. Please express your opinions, this goes for everyone, in a mild mannered way as it shows a higher level of maturity. And no I'm not sticking up for ***s I am simply addressing your points as someone who is neither for or against it, personally I don't believe in *** marriages because they have always been between a man and a woman and ***s should have their own ceremony but not adopt marriage. That's all I have to say, if you agree or not is your decision but please respect mine. Thanks :P!

#74   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                                                                                      • AKA Agatio

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:37 AM

You would never know they even existed until fairly recently. They should sotp being open about it and live without "love". Anyway, just my opinion. And the media isn't helping it with shows such as queer eye.

#75   Angelic_Raine 

• Squire
                                                                                                                                                      • Pip

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:41 AM

Agatio, on Feb 1 2005, 01:37 AM, said:

You would never know they even existed until fairly recently. They should sotp being open about it and live without "love". Anyway, just my opinion. And the media isn't helping it with shows such as queer eye.

I'm sorry you feel that way, you're missing out on some pretty good friends. :P

#76   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                                                                                          • AKA Agatio

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:02 AM

Well no, not really. And it's not like I care or anything, so I'm not bothered.

#77   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                            • AKA watch

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:24 AM

Blink, on Feb 1 2005, 05:08 PM, said:

WTF? Don't act so prejudice Agatio. He's here for the same reason you are, he likes Golden Sun. If you can't stand him, then you should leave the forums. Last I checked anyone was welcome as long as they were sane and followed the rules.

Hey we're following the rules. Agaito just chooses to expresshis opinionf that way.

Angelic_Raine, on Feb 1 2005, 06:09 PM, said:

Forgive me for saying this but the way you have stated what you have could have been done in a more mature fashion.  Let me just respond to your "being *** is a choice" motion you so happened to put forth.  Can you choose whom you fall in love with?  Can you look at a person in a bar and say "I will fall in love with that person?"  The answer is No and if you believe otherwise you need to take off the rose colored glasses.  Also are blacks or asians born with that authenticity or do they choose it?  Sexuality is the exact same as any of those.  You can't choose it for it simply isn't a choice.  And besides, with all the people so angered with *** people, such as yourself, why would they choose to have that hatred brought upon them willingly?  So here is my response to you, how IS it a choice?  Before you go spouting off about ***s being disgusting simply because they are *** or that because they are *** they will never be successful you should have some basis other than your obvious hatred of them no?  Also let me point out that it is stereotypical to label ***s as men who are feminine or women who are masculine.  This doesn't  tie into your post but I've seen others saying that ***s are this or ***s are that.  A lot of the times they aren't those things and you couldn't tell a *** from a straight by looking unless they were holding another mans hand.  I am not personally trying to shoot you down or change your opinion but it seems to me you going about expressing you opinion in a way that is downright hurtful and I refuse to accept that as a member of this forum and a caring individual.  What I mean by this is your last few little blurbs which obviously didn't need to be included to get your point across.  Please express your opinions, this goes for everyone, in a mild mannered way as it shows a higher level of maturity.  And no I'm not sticking up for ***s I am simply addressing your points as someone who is neither for or against it, personally I don't believe in *** marriages because they have always been between a man and a woman and ***s should have their own ceremony but not adopt marriage.  That's all I have to say, if you agree or not is your decision but please respect mine.  Thanks :P!

Angelic, i was intending to say some bad things about that, but i won't the things i was going to say weren't what i would have wanted to say.

Honestly to the MODS it is my opinion that this gets closed as well as the actual homo topic. Before anyone else gets hurt and warnings are given out.

#78   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                                              • Posts: 1,422
                                                                                                                                                              • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                                                                                                                              • Location:Aussieland

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:45 AM

Keep it clean and it's all good, constructive criticism is a good thing :P.

We all wanted a debate forum, but it seems everyone's taking debates as personal attacks :\.

#79   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                                                • Posts: 2,489

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:45 AM

i agree...whereas its ok to say that you disagree with it, hating each other and such is going a bit too far ._. At least...maybe we shouldnt be saying that on a forum. Or i could be totally wrong and i should be quiet now...

#80   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                                                                                                                • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:02 PM

I am not taking any really personal offense, as I really don't feel as if I am missing out on any friends, if you know what I mean. And for my opinion on Angelic_Raine's comment on *** people not having marriage, but a similar ritual, as long as it gives the same rights legally, and stops some of the arguments, I don't think that there could be a better solution!

#81   Iloverpgs 

• Lord
                                                                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 257
                                                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 30-January 04
                                                                                                                                                                    • Location:Minnesota
                                                                                                                                                                    • Interests:Life

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:06 PM

I'm straight that's for sure....

#82   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                                                                                                                    • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2005 - 05:53 PM

Before it becomes a crisis, move this to the SPAM forum, please!!!

As for YOU Agatio, you really need to think before you speak, I mean, can you control who you love, like other people have said? Should I really leave this forum forever just because I my feelings of attraction are reversed? And should I really remove love from my life, just to please homophobes like you? (I know that your answer to all of those questions is a big YES, and will never change *sigh*, but honestly, I am not the only one that cannot understand you.)

#83   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:37 PM

Agatio, on Jan 31 2005, 11:37 PM, said:

Big what if right here...

What if homosexuals did come to rule the world? What if through cloning they could one day dominate the earth? Their homosexual gene would be passed down(yes its a gene, who the hell would want to be ***?) to their "children" and it would be a strange process, yet they would dominate the planet. Then they started saying "heterosexual sex is disgusting, let's ban it. Lets obliterate their love life, lets force them to be ***. Lets make them have to get married to other homosexuals of the same gender. Let's make it illegal to not."

Honestly, what would your world be like then? Agatio would be trapped in the depths of hell, screaming and thinking about suicide. Give that some thought, and now think about what you just said.

#84   Andross 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                                                          • Posts: 1,643
                                                                                                                                                                          • Joined: 06-February 04

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:54 PM

Agatio, on Feb 1 2005, 07:37 AM, said:

That kinda BS is what brought about the Holocaust Agatio <_<
                                                                                                                                                                          Don't say stupid, ignorant crap like that again. If you don't care about homosexuals, then don't talk about them, and just avoid the topic all together. Remain indifferent to the issue. Hatred only brings destruction and the deaths of 6 million innocents. 7 or 8 million if you include other events.

Though if a Holocaust did happen, I hope you wouldn't be one of the indifferent nonetheless but someone who cares enough to not let innocent people die.

Regardless of orientation, they're still people, and your kinda attitude merely detracts from the quality and prolonging of the human civilization.

#85   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                                            • Group: Admin
                                                                                                                                                                            • Posts: 2,521
                                                                                                                                                                            • Joined: 15-February 04
                                                                                                                                                                            • Location:Toronto, Ontario

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:04 PM

People, I have been watching this topic closely and some of the stuff in here has been very borderline offensive, flaming, and just plain rude.

If any more insulting, derogatory terms, offensive posts, etc are seen, the topic won't be closed, but the members who violated this rule will be punished greatly.

#86   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:12 PM

I truly hope that was not directed at me, because in all truth, that IS how the Holocaust started and that was a very IGNORANT remark. Besides Hitler being power hungry, anti-semitism and the idea that Jews should not have a high social status led to it. Same thing for homosexuals and Gypsies. Although Gypsies did need punishing (can't live on the government's pay for nothing), it's not as if they should've been brutally killed.

EDIT: I'm guessing nick edited his post...? Or Agatio did. For those who didn't see, Agatio made a very offensive remark that had no grounds of being said.

#87   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                                                                                                                              • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:15 PM

I am sorry, but I have said some fairly severe things. I do not believe that the post was directed at you, Andross, but rather Agatio and me.

#88   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:15 PM

Yes, but I did say 'stupid BS' and 'ignorant crap', so you never know <_<

#89   Cosmos 

• Gallant
                                                                                                                                                                                  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:18 PM

I don't know, that is pretty tame compared to some posts I have made, along with Agatio, and some other members.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                                                                    • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                                                                    • You cannot reply to this topic