Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Evolution And Creationism Share your ideas, don't "correct" others

Poll: How do you think the world was created?

How do you think the world was created?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Blink 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:47 PM

Just because its a major topic twisting together religion and science, I was curious what people think about it.

Do not tell other people they are wrong.

Everything here is opinionated, and you can discuss ideas, but no one really knows for sure of anything, so don't tell people they are wrong. This is all about beleifs.

I honestly beleive that God started it all(yes, I beleive in the big fella) and yet, he didn't do everything. He started it off with cells, but let evolution kick in from their. But that's just my opinion, its not a fact, nor is it a lie, because we don't know yet.

#2   gsninja 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Moderator
      • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:55 PM

Well, I think God started it all (I'm Christian) and that he has something to do with evolution.

#3   Cosmos 

• Gallant
      • PipPipPip
        • Interests:Things I Like:<br />SCUBA Diving<br />Games<br />Movies<br />Tennis<br />Reading<br />Message Boards<br />iPods<br /><br />Things I Dislike:<br />Homophobes<br />Viruses<br />School<br />Screwdrivers<br />Heavy Metal

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:03 PM

I am a strong believer in evolution, whether or not a god started it all. Gene mutations undeniably happen, so if they were advantageous, what would stop them from being passed down?

#4   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
          • Group: Admin

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:05 PM

I can already tell this topic is going to turn into a "your beliefs contradict my beliefs, lets argue" kind of topic.

Anyways, I believe some "higher being" created evolution (or allowed it to happen).

#5   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:21 PM

Same as nick, because the universe would make no sense otherwise. There has to be some set of rules for development of life. No reason would mean total chaos, and thus, no us. So a God just doing it like that? No. Intellegent design seems more logical.

#6   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:20 PM

... Some sort of superior being that created everything from the start... like the Big Bang and then evolution... even though that's not how it's told in the Bible <<;

#7   Bekita 

• Gallant
              • PipPipPip
                • Interests:Ummmmmm I like being on the computer ^_^; making avies, reading, eh....talking to friends....wow I'm a nerd &gt;.&lt;

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:27 PM

I believe God created it and is still taking part in it...it's just easier for me to believe that than that some little dustball in space exploded o.O

#8   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                  • Group: Veterans
                  • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:32 PM

It's pretty simple in what I believe in. Though Like Nick said lets try to keep the arguing down to a minimum. I believe there is a God who has sent these rules for us.

#9   Silo STATIC 

• Disciple
                    • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, video games, the forums, etc.

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:41 PM

I believe there can be a more resourceful solution that proves this word was created. In my opinion, God was the Big Bang, and then he commanded two human-looking apes to mate, and eventually create humans. But that's all biased, so don't take it seriously.

#10   Elliott 

• Cool
                      • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                      • AKA Agatio

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:55 PM

Agatio's Philosophy:

I believe in creation. Who or what caused it I don't know, and at this stage in my life am not too interested in finding out. I belive in creation only because I find it very hard to belive in evolution. Evolution just doesn't make sense to me. There appears to be far too many 'plot holes' and things that don't make sense to me. All in all, how or why I'm here doesn't really interest me, I just take it one day at a time so to speak, and am thankful to even exist. Cheesy I know, but I guess that's just how I feel.

#11   Blink 

• Disciple
                        • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:08 PM

I'm just a bit confused as to why Agatio says he doesn't beleive in evolution because of plot holes, and yet the idea of God has so many...o_O?

*is confused again*

anyways, don't comment back on that Agatio, I just find it ironic :o

Yeah, I think no matter what did happen in terms of existance, God had to be present somehow in it.

#12   Elliott 

• Cool
                          • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                          • AKA Agatio

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:26 PM

Well, In all honesty, how the world began doesn't really interest me. And I never said I belive in God, I belive in creation, as it seems to make more sense to me, everyone is different. The concept of everything coming together at the exact same time, and particles turning into fish, then monkeys, then humans, seems ludicrous to me.

#13   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:40 AM

Oops, I accidentally pressed the null vote button. Anyway, I belive in the Big bang.

#14   Angelic_Raine 

• Squire
                            • Pip
                              • Interests:I enjoy the odd RP, reading, writing, ANIME and of course Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Oh and cheerleading!! Hopefully this spring at my first tryouts at University cheerleading I'll make at least the JV team, wish me luck ^-^. I also love Angel Sanctuary, Rurouni Kenshin, Final Fantasy and The Tales Of Symphonia video game and my newest video game addiction... Baten Kaitos!! Oh and don't rub me the wrong way as I am quick to anger :P!... No really I am XD!

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:52 AM

I believe that no one religion or person is right or wrong but rather whatever you believe is true for you and that is all that matters. Myself, I hope there is a higher power and that there is some form of life after death. The thought of reincarnation used to make no sense at all to me as it seemed like a waste, going through life again and again but the thought that every soul that ever inhabitated the earth went to a special place and never came back is also a bit outlandish to me. So, for a while I believed in nothing after death but that thought makes me sick, thinking that there really is nothing after and this is it... ya scary thought. I also sat back and realized that if there is all this beauty all around us, even if its so small how can it all come from one thing (big bang)? And how can an organ made up of nerves and grey matter (brain) produce feelings and hold memories? So that lead me to believe there is something... but what I'm just not too sure... I hope a divine place where all your dreams come true and that there is a being watching over us. Otherwise what really is the point to all this? Sorry if anyone finds me depressing but truth is I'm still contemplating what I really believe, if anything at all...

#15   Elliott 

• Cool
                                • AKA Agatio

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:02 AM

The thing that gets me about evolutionism, is the afterlife.
                                Most say that you just cease to exist. How is that possible? After like, 80 years or so of life, you just die and thats it? I just find that very hard to get my head around. And if people use the argument "well if God made everything, the where did God come from?" I will laugh. Because we can say the exact same thing about the big bang? It's impossible to pin point the beginning of time, and thinking about it gives me a headache :o .

#16   GohanDuo 

• Lord
                                • PipPipPipPip
                                  • Interests:Nintendo<br />Golden Sun and TLA<br />Gundam Wing/SEED<br />Japanese

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:47 AM

I voted for evolution from who knows what
                                  i do believe in god (I think :o )
                                  but i don't believe that god created everything
                                  only 5% of all belgians believe that god created everything

#17   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:48 PM

Personally, i believe in the same ideas as (i think) Andross and nick earlier. God had to create everything or nothing would ever have happened - it would have had no reason to happen. Seriously why on earth would something just randomly happen from nothing?

As for creationism...well the Old Testament i personally believe to be mostly symbolism - creation story possibly a definition of mans fall from grace? I mean im not totally convinced of evolution either because as it has been pointed out - its a very very flawed system - animals adapting and changing appearance slightly is acceptable and exaplins why there are many kinds of people^^ - but stuff changing species...well i dunno...

I also feel this might run the risk of becoming the religion topic 2...

#18   Mewt 

• Lord
                                    • PipPipPipPip
                                      • Interests:Computer games (Golden Sun and Final Fantasy series are my favourites), drawing, writing (fanfiction and original), anime and manga, chatting on MSN and watching Little Britain.

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:34 PM

I have absolutely no idea why the world/universe is here or where it came from. God probably had something to do with it, that's fair enough to say. But evolution ... it makes sense to me. There's something great in the idea of evolution, it's almost 'mystical' in itself ... what am I talking about? o.o

#19   Angelic_Raine 

• Squire
                                      • Pip
                                        • Interests:I enjoy the odd RP, reading, writing, ANIME and of course Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Oh and cheerleading!! Hopefully this spring at my first tryouts at University cheerleading I'll make at least the JV team, wish me luck ^-^. I also love Angel Sanctuary, Rurouni Kenshin, Final Fantasy and The Tales Of Symphonia video game and my newest video game addiction... Baten Kaitos!! Oh and don't rub me the wrong way as I am quick to anger :P!... No really I am XD!

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:42 PM

Agatio, on Feb 2 2005, 06:02 AM, said:

The thing that gets me about evolutionism, is the afterlife.
                                        Most say that you just cease to exist. How is that possible? After like, 80 years or so of life, you just die and thats it? I just find that very hard to get my head around. And if people use the argument "well if God made everything, the where did God come from?" I will laugh. Because we can say the exact same thing about the big bang? It's impossible to pin point the beginning of time, and thinking about it gives me a headache ^_^ .

I would have to totally agree with you, I get a headache everytime I think about it because no one will ever really figure it out. And those that do won't be around to tell the rest of us. One thing is for sure, I hope that after we do die all those damned questions that no one can answer will be answered!

#20   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:51 PM

Ravenblade, on Feb 2 2005, 06:48 PM, said:

Personally, i believe in the same ideas as (i think) Andross and nick earlier. God had to create everything or nothing would ever have happened - it would have had no reason to happen. Seriously why on earth would something just randomly happen from nothing?

As for creationism...well the Old Testament i personally believe to be mostly symbolism - creation story possibly a definition of mans fall from grace? I mean im not totally convinced of evolution either because as it has been pointed out - its a very very flawed system - animals adapting and changing appearance slightly is acceptable and exaplins why there are many kinds of people^^ - but stuff changing species...well i dunno...

I also feel this might run the risk of becoming the religion topic 2...

Genesis translations are poorly translated. It's not 'days' but, what would be more proper, is ages.

And for 'species changing' stuff...tell me what contradictions you think you actually found, because there actually AREN'T that many problems with evolution.

http://anthro.paloma...homo/homo_1.htm

I'm posting that assuming some people can't come to believe that humans evolved from apes or other genuses (not other species, because apes are part of the same genus).

#21   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:27 AM

I guess I believe in creation (though not by a god) followed by evolution. The Big Bang doesn't make much sense to me and it doesn't really answer any of my questions. However, I don't believe that an omnipotent, omniscient being created the earth, either. I will not go too much into my beliefs here, but I do believe that life started as small, simple organisms and evolved from there. How it started, I haven't decided yet.

#22   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:40 AM

Andross, i didnt say anything about contradictions, i just think that our means of proving evolution are somewhat vague. I mean - we couldn't really prove it unless we waited a few million years for something to become something else could we? At the end of the day though i do think it is the most likely way we got to be what we are, but all i was saying was that i'm not sure.

I know about the other forms of "man" found though and im aware that this provides good evidence for it^^ I also have absolutely no means of arguing back against that, except for the fact that it still doesnt really prove it. I'm going to keep and open mind until someone actually does find some way of determining the truth i think.

#23   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:44 AM

Ravenblade, on Feb 3 2005, 12:40 PM, said:

Andross, i didnt say anything about contradictions, i just think that our means of proving evolution are somewhat vague. I mean - we couldn't really prove it unless we waited a few million years for something to become something else could we? At the end of the day though i do think it is the most likely way we got to be what we are, but all i was saying was that i'm not sure.

You should try this program. There was an article on it in Discovery magazine. It's accurate and holds truth on the issue. It's not proof, but it's evidence of something.

http://dllab.caltech.edu/avida/

Well, it's hard to figure out, but there it's accurate from what I've read about it, and simulates real results. And it's not as if the code is made to forge data that they want, 'cause then they wouldn't be around.

#24   Ivan is my name 

• Chaos Lord
                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                  • Interests:Nothing. I hate everything. Even you... except maybe warcraft

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:45 AM

I dont actually belive in this ' Adam and Eve' thing. I think that the big bang happened, then the univers grew. Then dinosaurs. Then beast things. ICE AGE!. Then evoloution ( Monkey to man).I bet my opinion is shared by a few people

Page 1 of 1
                                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                                  • You cannot reply to this topic