• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Troubleshooting And Help Official Topic

#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:25 PM

UPDATE April 7th: Seeing the resurgance of help topics, I decided to revive this topic, which you'll notice was created a while ago. Regardless, I will pin it to see how useful it is for the time being. Use it well.

I am creating this topic in the hopes that it will satisfy many members' needs and help to reduce unnecessary topics.

This topic serves two purposes:

A.) To seek any information or help for a particular game or games
    B.) To receive aid with any errors or physical damage for games or game systems (i.e. I will post one such problem I am experiencing, as soon as I verify it), or perhaps generally any device

Typically, you could simply discuss any problems you are having in a game in its official topic, but you may also post it here. Furthermore, it will make conditions easier if you have multiple questions.

For in-game help, present the data in this format:
    - Topic/Heading (i.e. help defeating a boss, searching for an item, etc.)
    - Title of the game
    - A formal description of the issue you need help with- be as specific as possible

For systems or devices:
    - The name of the system, including manufacturer
    - Formal description- again, explain every necessary detail, and also explain when/how it occurred (if you know)
    - Any warranty information

[seperate different problems clearly]
    REMEMBER- THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION TOPIC:
    All posts should be either in the above format(s), and/or discussing a solution (please remember to quote or copy the specific problem)

Thanks, and hope this topic helps.

This post has been edited by Golden Legacy: 07 April 2005 - 06:03 PM

#2   Lemontime 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:22 PM

Diablo 2. Battle.net Help.

Seeing as this doesn't necisarily fall into any of those two headings, I'll put it out as best I can.

My battle.net don't work.
      I don't even have U.S. West and things.
      I have some random servers that I've never heard of.
      I sometimes get the US west and east to appear, but they usually don't.
      Please help me. When I try to go onto the US West server it says my version is unidentifiable.
      I've installed the latest version, which I apparently already had, but It still gives me the same message.
      Plea'e 'elp me.

Wow.
      This topic has been a real freakin' help.

#3   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
        • AKA watch

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:57 PM

NintendoDS
        My touch screen on my DS does not respond. After turning on it automaticly goes to the menu and in all my games it does not work. In Metriod i can't access the game, the screen follows the stylus but does not register. In mario 64 DS when i go to mini games it goes to Wario and doesn't let me open any game.

And

In Mario Kart i had the problem when i choose anything, ie, record, single player. It would always skip back a screen within 1-2 seconds, i fixed this by deleting my data but curious as to why this happened.

I have warranty until the 25th of feb but i'm not sure if the warranty covers this.

#4   Blink 

• Disciple
          • Group: Members
          • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:29 PM

View Postwatch, on Dec 5 2005, 09:57 PM, said:

NintendoDS
          My touch screen on my DS does not respond. After turning on it automaticly goes to the menu and in all my games it does not work. In Metriod i can't access the game, the screen follows the stylus but does not register. In mario 64 DS when i go to mini games it goes to Wario and doesn't let me open any game.

And

In Mario Kart i had the problem when i choose anything, ie, record, single player. It would always skip back a screen within 1-2 seconds, i fixed this by deleting my data but curious as to why this happened.

I have warranty until the 25th of feb but i'm not sure if the warranty covers this.

Shoot, I'm really confused by whether or not we're supposed to be discussing the problems and fixing them in this topic or not. If not, just delete this post...I got kinda confused by the first post.

Anyways, watch, if you have these problems when you touch the screen, it's from callibration, and you just need to go into Nintendo DS's settings menu, and change the settings, and recallibrate the touch screen.

If it does these things without you pressing any buttons, then yeah, you probably need to replace your DS. You have plenty of time though, so don't fret too much, just get it done.

#5   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:34 PM

View PostBlink, on Dec 8 2005, 06:29 PM, said:

Shoot, I'm really confused by whether or not we're supposed to be discussing the problems and fixing them in this topic or not. If not, just delete this post...I got kinda confused by the first post.

Anyways, watch, if you have these problems when you touch the screen, it's from callibration, and you just need to go into Nintendo DS's settings menu, and change the settings, and recallibrate the touch screen.

If it does these things without you pressing any buttons, then yeah, you probably need to replace your DS. You have plenty of time though, so don't fret too much, just get it done.

also if you still have warranty or w/e, you dont even need warranty, just call nintendo up and have them fix it for a fee. I had to do this with my golden sun TLA, one of the djinn I talked to wouldnt battle me or even talk to me, it just sat there, sent it to nintendo and they replaced it for like $10.00(and yes, this is when it still cost $40.00 and not the $15.00 new)

#6   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
              • AKA watch

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the suggestions but it didn't help. I've tried the callibration thing twice, and i can click it when it's top left corner but thats it. I just tried to access metriod again, since that shows you where the stylus is, and whenever i wasn't touching the menu screen it was always on the left hand side in the middle. Still not sure if Nintendo will cover this cos of the terms and stuff in the little booklet.

The following are not covered by this Warranty:

1. Broken/Damaged/Marked LCD display or Touch Screen;
              2. Liquid/Moisture damage;
              3. Wear and tear.

#7   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                • Group: Moderator
                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:36 PM

When they say Broken/Damaged/Marked LCD display or Touch Screen, I believe they're talking about something YOU did to damage it...

#8   Blink 

• Disciple
                  • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:30 PM

Should work, call them up and say that it's got a problem with the screen continually reacting to touch, even when it's not being touched.

#9   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA watch

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:36 PM

I was playing around with it this morning, Mario kart is stuffing up again but the touch screen works in the paint shop, only say i touch it here !

the response comes here !

Messed up.

#10   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:45 PM

That REALLY sounds like callibration. Callibrate it multiple times in a row.

#11   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                        • AKA watch

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:22 AM

I can't hit the little + though. I can get it once if lucky......

#12   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                          • Group: Admin

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:36 AM

View PostBlink, on Dec 8 2005, 09:29 PM, said:

Forgive me, all, I should have made it more clear. What I meant was simply that the problem should be discussed, but no one should take the chance to begin using that as a tangent to the issue itself. For example, just briefly, someone in this topic mentioned having connection issues with Diablo 2 or something to that effect. By all means, discuss it, elaborate on it, try to offer some solutions. But no one should come and, say, start talking about the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (unless it has some distant relevance).

Okay, maybe that wasn't the best example. But simply put, make sure that every post addresses the problem, don't just randomly provide information without explaining how it is relevant to the issue.

Sorry, and hope that clears things up...

June 24th, 2006: Well, seeing as this topic hasn't been used much... I may as well unpin it and close it. I may restart it, or reopen, depending on whether other members think it's worthwhile.

Page 1 of 1
                          • You cannot start a new topic
                          • This topic is locked