Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flashback ... Uniracers

#1   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:55 PM

Remember the good ol' days of the Super Nintendo (A.K.A. SNES, Super Famicom)? Well, there was always this one game that I enjoyed, and it was formally known as Uniracers. Basically, you pitted yourself as an individual unicycle against other unicycles in a race to the finish, with a twist; you can do "stunts", which are really different tricks that you can perform with a combination of buttons, like the Tony Hawk series.

The main part about this game is that you could race through different stages, like a simple arcady platformer, where one stage has different areas. The areas are strictly linear, requiring you to finish the race, perform a certain stunt, or performing a certain stunt at one point in a race. Also, you can win different medals, depending on how well you did an area. And that can also affect the medal you win for the stage. So, for example, if have two bronze medals, and one gold one, the stage would be a silver medal.

There isn't much replay value as far as I can remember. The only thing you can do is go back to previous stages and improve your current medal on a certain stage. If you get the gold medal on all the stages, then congrats; you completed the game.

Even so, this is an entirely unique game for me, and I did kind of enjoy it (even if it was unheard of).

Page 1 of 1
    • You cannot start a new topic
    • You cannot reply to this topic