Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Riviera: The Promised Land Official Topic

Poll: Should this come to America? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Should this come to America?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:59 PM

I downloaded a ROM from EmuVortex called Yakusoku no Chi Riviera, since I took a little interest into it a while back, and I tell you, this is, by far, the coolest GBA game on the Japanese market (in my opinion, anyway)!

What makes this so cool, you ask? Let me give you an explanation in different categories ...

Story
    I'm not so clear on the whole storyline here, since it's all told in Japanese kanji, but my guess is that it takes place during some made-up events after Ragnarok back in ancient Norse mythological times. That's all I know.

EDIT: According to Game Spy's article, the story goes like this ...

" ... this RPG concerns a world torn apart by the strife of gods and demons -- a Second Advent is upon this time, and the warriors Ecthel and Ledah come together in a quest to determine the fate of the paradise land, Riviera."

Here's more from National Console Support, Inc.

"In Ragnarok, gods and demons fought and tore the world apart. As a slow recovery from the destruction begins, heroes Ecthel and Ledah venture off in an adventure to prevent the possible destruction of Riviera, aka the Paradise Land."

So, apparently, I was right on the nose about Ragnarok, but I only hit the left nostril. This is actually during the event of Ragnarok, in which the demons, angelic beings, and the spirits of the dead fight a bloody and massive war. Ecthel and Ledah are the two main characters that you see in the beginning of the game. The male character with the metal grey hair and the yellow sword is Ecthel (or, in English, he's referred to as Excel), and the other male with blonde hair, pale skin, wings, and the red zanbatou--a dagger at the end of a long wooden stick--is Ledah (I haven't found his English name yet).

Excel wields the mighty "Excellion"; the ultimate sword (ironic, eh?). It is not yet determined what Ledah's zanbatou's name is. Both characters are angels sent down to the land below during the middle of Ragnarok (which is pretty risky I might say) to save Riviera, the so-called "Promised Land", from going into turmoil and waste from the war.

Further investigation will be held at a later time.

Character Design
    The characters are very well portrayed here, although the sprites kind of shy away from what the artwork shows how they really look like. For example, I thought that there was a human with hedgehog features, but when I saw their artwork in the mugshot, it was a guy wearing a purple hermit crab shell. Talk about wardrobe malfunction ...

Graphics
    A friend coined the art style and sprites as Boktai-esque. Although, I've only seen very vague tidbits of Boktai (or my memory's crap), I kind of agree with him there. Although, the artwork is very clean and has, what I like to call, a "blinds shading" effect to it. Also, they keep the look and feel of an anime into the battles with different yet unique animations, as well as the special effects like the blurring of a sword when slashed at an enemy, or the summoning a spell.

Sound
    The music in this game is very unforgettable if not catchy and addictive. It's just the same thing like the occasional orchestral music you find in Fire Emblem or Golden Sun, but in its own unique way. The sound is very crisp and refreshing, and there are not very many mistakes, if not any mistakes at all. The boss battle themes are very intriguing, as well, which makes me impatient to hear the final boss theme.

Gameplay
    There is so much to explain about the gameplay, it's hard to keep it all down in a short and sweet summary. Basically, as far as I'm concerned, this isn't your typical RPG. Why? Instead of all the roaming around town, holding down the button that makes you run faster in a traditional RPG, you explore towns like you would on a turned-based strategy game (without the turn-based part). When exploring, you can go into two modes; Move--which speaks for itself--and Quest. In Quest mode, you can interact with suspicious objects, areas, and even people. This counteracts with just walking up to someone and pressing the A Button to talk or examine something, like you do in other RPGs. In this, it's very complex to maneuver (maybe even less if it were in English, which is the point of the poll).

The dungeons are the same for exploration, but only a little different. You have some semi-linear choices to make, between both Move and Quest modes. Sometimes you can open differents paths in Quest mode that you can go through in Move mode. Also, you can open chests in Quest mode--if there is one in the particular area of the dungeon that you're exploring--but most chests contain a simple but reflex-requiring mini game, in which you'll have to hit a corresponding pattern of buttons without any mistakes. Mess-up, and you lose 5% of your HP, and some other surprises, which can be frustrating to have in battles. And, of course, it wouldn't be a dungeon without some big-arse boss waiting for you at the end.

Moving along to the battle engine, it's a not-so complex system, but it may remind you of Fire Emblem's weapons system. Your party members can use any weapon or item in the arsenal that you're supposed to set up before the battle, which can be formed from choice weapons/items in your inventory. Note that, near the beginning of the game, you can only have up to four weapons/items in your arsenal, but as you progress, the number of weapons/items allowed in your arsenal will steadily increase. Also, you can use magic and support items in battles, but support items (like bread or healing verbs) are in limited quantities; this is why I referred to Fire Emblem.

Finally, within almost every exact event--between battles and interacting with people, objects, or peculiar spots--you can be awarded points, which adds to your score. Now, although this sounds very old school, there can be good things to come if you've gotten a high score for completing a dungeon. You might trigger special events which nabs you a very special item or weapon, and among other things. Also, it depends on how much points you earned that give you high grades in battle (you know the drill; grade F through S). Although that doesn't accomplish much, you'll feel like you've done something extraordinary out of everything else.

EDIT: I've got some info that might help my explanation for the Move and Quest modes. This is from National Console Support, Inc.

"The game is broken up into simple movement, quest, and attack phases. Choose to move by pressing the "B" button and the heroes will automatically move as if the page were being flipped. Arrows delineate where the heroes may move and generally only one path is available per screen. If a treasure chest is encountered in an new area that the heroes have walked into, the Quest mode can be triggered by pressing "A" which allows one of the heroes to open up to chest and plunder its contents."

Update - More on the battle engine ...

There are two meters within the battle scenario. The Overdrive meter is one of them, which can be filled when you give damage to an enemy or recieve it. The meter has three levels, and when it is competely filled to lv. 3, and if one of your party members has enough EXP with their weapon, they can perform an Over Skill, which is the best offensive maneuver in the game. But, if they have enough EXP with a different weapon than what they were originally assigned to, they can perform seperate levels of an Over Skill called a "Break Out". Break Out has three levels of power--prior to the Overdrive meter--and depending on what level the Break Out is, a section of the Overdrive meter will be depleted (e.g. a lv. 1 Break Out will take away one section of the meter). Though, if the character accomplishes a lv. 3 Break Out, it is moreover considered an actual Over Skill, since it drains the Overdrive meter completely.

Also, unlike any other RPG, the Overdrive meter can be broken, in the sense. So far, only the two main characters' Over Skills can break it, but there may be others.

The other meter is your party's Rage meter. This can be effected in a number of ways, but, there isn't any current knowledge of what it can do. One theory is that, the more the meter is filled, the higher the damage an attack will cause, but there will be a more unlikely chance of success.

Overall
    Don't really take it from me. I did find this very enjoyable, and I posted this topic in order for you to cast your vote and see if you want this game to be translated or not. And I'm hoping--if this gets translated--that the American version doesn't really rip it apart like some other classic RPGs that have been around. But in any case, this game is unique in its own breath, and it takes you a short while to get used to the complex mechanics. If you want, go download the emulated version (if you can find it).

--------------------------------------------------------
    And that's my review. I've prepared some eye candy in the form of screenshots so you don't have to go download it impatiently and see if it really is "remarkable".

EDIT: I added more screenshots.

Update - More screens for the female roles.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bossbattle3.PNG
    • Attached Image: bossbattle2.PNG
    • Attached Image: statusscreen3.PNG
    • Attached Image: bossbattle1.PNG
    • Attached Image: riviera2.PNG
    • Attached Image: bossbattle4.PNG
    • Attached Image: statusscreen5.PNG
    • Attached Image: statusscreen4.PNG
    • Attached Image: riviera1.PNG
    • Attached Image: statusscreen.PNG
    • Attached Image: statusscreen2.PNG
    • Attached Image: bossbattle5.PNG
    • Attached Image: bossbattle6.PNG

#2   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 01 March 2005 - 09:16 PM

Thank you for such a great review. I'm going to check it out and get to playing it right now. I'll let everyone know what I think about it shortly.

#3   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:11 PM

I've got more screens for you to enjoy. They include ...

-The status screen for (possibly) the last member that will be added to your party.
        -Key Over Skill cinematics.
        -A cat who seems to be Excel and Ledah's spirit guide.
        -A demon child possibly trying to prevent Excel and Ledah's quest for Riviera.
        -The enemy's Break Out/Over Skill ability.
        -Various mugshots and scenes.
        -The grading scale and the Stage Clear total.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: prepforbattle.PNG
        • Attached Image: statusscreen6.PNG
        • Attached Image: stageclear.PNG
        • Attached Image: rankS.PNG
        • Attached Image: overskill1.PNG
        • Attached Image: exceloverskill.PNG
        • Attached Image: enemybreakout.PNG
        • Attached Image: cat.PNG
        • Attached Image: newpartymember.PNG
        • Attached Image: fairy.PNG
        • Attached Image: enemybreakoutunleash.PNG
        • Attached Image: beginningscene.PNG
        • Attached Image: badmove.PNG
        • Attached Image: angst.PNG
        • Attached Image: demon.PNG

#4   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
          • Group: Veterans
          • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:00 PM

This game looks good. Have you seen whether or not if they are thinking of bringing this game to North America? Also I think it would be better if it was on a console don't you think.

#5   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2005 - 05:48 AM

Nah. Putting on GBA would be better, and besides, it has lots of depth, which means that it'll be an RPG like none before (I guess).

EDIT: I've looked around, and I never seen nor heard of an American release. This is part of why I put up the poll.

#6   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
              • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
              • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:49 PM

oh my goodness, that looks so freakin' awesome! not only the review, but the graphics are stunning! uh hell yeah! I want to play this game in english!

#7   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 03 March 2005 - 08:56 PM

Man, that game's rocks! It's very promising! It looks like It would fit a GBA game to me...

#8   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:12 PM

I commend you for such a fantastic review, Crimson. It has certainly appealed and intruigued me unlike few games before. I shall attempt to play it, and will myself also give an opinion.

But again, an excellent review.

#9   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:34 PM

I have some new information ...

Apparently, this is not the first Riviera title. Beforehand, there was one for the Wonderswan Color; which is a handeheld gaming port that doesn't really catch on and is struggling to survive the gaming wars, but still doesn't stand up to the chance. Not much is known on the game, but some sources say that it's just like the one you've seen me review, only with a different storyline and fewer gameplay features.

But what does this mean? Well, apparently, Riviera does have some background to hold it up to what it offers, but there's nothing more to it. It's enjoyable, but it's not known if it was relieved the same way for the Wonderswan. As much as I anticipate this title's translation to the states, I just hope that everyone would be able to enjoy this as much as I do everyday.

#10   Yuki 

• Master Adept
                      • AKA Love_Guardian_Yuki, Zimmy

Posted 03 March 2005 - 09:41 PM

OMIEGOSH ME WANTS THIS TO BE AMERICANIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUZ IT LOOKS 3VIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >> << >> << >> << >> << *had cake...is hyper...AHAHHAHAHA*
                      Oh yeah, this game looks super awesome, so I hope it does get americanized or whatever. VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

#11   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                        • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 06 March 2005 - 08:07 PM

This looks like a game I'd be interested in, the screen shots show that the graphics are pretty cool, and from what I've read, I'm assuming it's in the same time period as FE and GS.

I'd definetly like to see this game on the shelf of EB Games, or another gaming store.

#12   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:00 PM

... This is not really an update, but I thought you should know.

Apparently, I haven't really been giving out much more information on Riviera, mainly because I've picked up Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the moment. Don't worry, I'm almost done with that, and pretty soon, I'll jump back to giving you juicy coverage.

By the way, this isn't as much, but I have been able to give one character a temporary name until it is confirmed.

The female role with the green color scheme and the "Saint Saber" is, whom I'd like to call, Selphie. Now, as I've stated, it is not known that that is her true name, but with a little research and well-spent time, I may be able to recover some or all the names for the party members.

Which brings me to asking you, the crowd who've seemed to have taken interest in this game, to help me in this research. It would be appreciated very much, and I promise that it won't be much trouble.

For starters, start looking on Google or Alta Vista for articles on the names of the characters (other than Excel and Ledah). You should also try GameFAQs, since I remember seeing a walkthrough for the imported version, and the author might have released some valuable information.

Again, I thank you for partaking in the search with me. If we work together, we just might be able to bring Riviera to the states! :angry:

#13   Shinkenrui 

• New User

Posted 08 March 2005 - 10:18 PM

your review inspired me to play this game and its AWESOME. and also theres a rumor that the game is being translated and that it will be available in the 3rd quarter of this year. its unconfirmed and Im trying to figure out if it is true or not but I sure hope it is.

#14   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:55 PM

I see. Thank you for the wonderful information, but it will be taken with a grain of salt due to it being just a rumor, I suppose.

#15   Shinkenrui 

• New User

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:37 PM

and another thing I found just now Im pretty sure this game is a remake of the original riviera release for the wonderswan because i found some pics from the original game that I recognized from this one but I know there not from this one because the graphics are better

#16   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2005 - 09:13 PM

Shinkenrui, on Mar 9 2005, 08:37 PM, said:

and another thing I found just now Im pretty sure this game is a remake of the original riviera release for the wonderswan because i found some pics from the original game that I recognized from this one but I know there not from this one because the graphics are better

Thank you, but I've already stated that. And the original Riviera had a different storyline as far as I've read.

#17   Shinkenrui 

• New User

Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:43 PM

it is being translated YAY <_<
                                    http://ds.1up.com/do...ory?cId=3138574
                                    heres the link for the official thing saying its being translated

btw sorry for repeating what you already said I didnt notice

#18   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:02 PM

That's alright, and thank you for the new information.

Good news, everyone. I managed to find the names of the female roles whilst looking upon GameFAQs.

http://img203.exs.cx/img203/4306/lyuriicon5ok.jpgLyuri
                                      http://img203.exs.cx/img203/5493/fiaaicon5qa.jpgFiaa
                                      http://img203.exs.cx/img203/1892/sereneicon4wq.jpgSerene
                                      http://img203.exs.cx/img203/386/cierraicon6iq.jpgCierra

Hope this covers up a lot.

#19   Lightning Star 

• Master Adept
                                        • Interests:I've got hobby A.D.D.
                                        • AKA lightningstar/Icy

Posted 12 March 2005 - 11:00 AM

yeah It does, thanks. I'm really looking forward to playing this, by the way. I hope it comes out soon!

edit: I did a little google imaging, here's a really cute picture of them all
                                        http://koisanndou.hp.infoseek.co.jp/image/...e2/riviera2.JPG

#20   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                          • Location:Right behind you ... again.

Posted 14 March 2005 - 04:22 PM

That's some very nice fan art you've found. I hope there'll be more where that came from ... :)

#21   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                            • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:07 PM

We'll be seeing a lot of those fan art if it'll ever come to America. Talk about all those fansites that'll pop up!

#22   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:14 PM

Sorry for the insidiously BIG revival of this topic, but something just turned up that gave me so much excitement inside that I've begun working on the game again.

There's nothing new for now, but you are welcome to converse about the game whilst you play the emulated version (if you can).

#23   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                                                • AKA Agatio

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:50 PM

The screenshots look friggin' sweet.
                                                I'm not much of a gamer, but I'll try and at least give this a play.

#24   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:21 PM

I'm glad. We need all the support for this game that we can get. =D

EDIT: By the way, in the game, the general rule of thumb for Quest mode is to only use it on certain things in an area that look rather suspicious. You'll see what I mean when you play it.

#25   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                    • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                    • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:52 AM

I finally got the "materials" (Can't say the word. ^_^ ) to play this game, and I have to say...

It pwnz.

I sincerely hope that Max will make a spot for it on the main site. =D

#26   Excalibur's Power 

• Knight
                                                    • PipPip
                                                      • Location:noah's ark could probably float in sunny washington lolz

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

GET IT HERE!

It looks great!

This post does not contribute to the topic in anyway; simply expressing a blatantly unnecessary opinion is spam. In the future, make your posts constructive. - Riad

#27   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                        • Joined: 22-February 05

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:30 PM

Good news to you all!

I have brought you two new screens. But after these, keep in mind, that my attachment space will have been eventually used up. I'll have to present you more screens via link.

Also, I will be giving you mini-strategies for certain areas, bosses, etc. in the game, for those of you who have the ROM, or would like to look back at this topic when you finally have the game.

Today, I'll give you a guide to the game's first real boss (not counting the dragon mid-boss and the phoenix boss in the very first stage).

Isher
                                                        HP: 1000
                                                        WT: 10
                                                        STR: 59
                                                        MGC: 16
                                                        AGL: 5
                                                        VIT: 10
                                                        Attacks: Horizontal Slash, Guard, Break Out

This is one tough boss. He approximately takes around 2-4 tries, depending on how much you waned down all your items before the battle. What I recommend is, as soon as you get Serene, you must complete her experience meter with her scythe before you even get to fight Isher. The power of her Over Skill against him is almost legendary, and it would approximately take three hits using it to bring the boss down.

Make sure Fiaa comes along for the ride, since she's pretty good with the staff you've picked up in your trek through the tower. Also, keep her rapier intact just in case she needs to defend herself, and if no one needs any crucial healing.

Also, whatever you do, do not; I repeat, DO NOT use Excel's Over Skill near the beginning of the battle. If you do, not only will you waste the Overdrive meter, but it will break, and you won't be able to use it until your next battle. This is why I recommended using Serene's Over Skill more often instead. If you're ever in a pinch, and Isher's life is down to 100-300 HP, use Excel's Over Skill as a last resort (if he's still alive, that is).

Put your party in the Magic position. Have Serene stand in the front, and Excel and Fiaa in the back. That way, Isher won't be able to reach your main healer nor your "last resort".

The first phase of the battle is surprisingly an unfair fight. None of your weapons, magic, or Over Skills will damage Isher in his protective light blue coating. So, what's the best way to deal with this? Although it may sound drastic, but the game makes a special cutscene when Excel falls in battle, where the Fairy Goddess awakens Excel's true potential, and the Excellion glows, bringing about promising results. Hmm ... well, all's well that ends well.

To keep on the safer side, don't waste any of your normal weapons, and instead, let your whole party attack with the Excellion. It shouldn't take long for Isher to Break Out, in which makes it possible for an easier death on Excel. Once it happens, the Excellion awakens, and the light blue coating on Isher vanishes into thin air, leaving him completely vulnerable to any and all attacks.

Now that the second phase of the battle is here, Isher keeps the same level of power as he did in his light blue coating. In this case, if he activates his Break Out, you're in for a lot of trouble. But even if you die and continue the battle, half of his HP will be extinguished, leaving you an easier opening for the kill.

Mainly, he won't attack for a while, leaving you to chop him down for good measure. Whence he does attack, whip out the staff with Fiaa and make sure your party's HP is intact, because it's better safe than sorry for what Isher has in store. It's known that Isher can take out your whole party just attacking with the Horizontal Slash and his Break Out once at a time for the whole fight. And his Guard move probably dulls the damage of Serene's Over Skill, but that's nothing entirely to worry about.

The moral of this battle is to keep pounding on the sucker for as long as you can. It matters not if you've leveled up a bit by giving your characters a different variety of weapons to wield, since his Break Out is always a hard case to swallow. Make sure you heal plenty, and not just with the staff. Try using the bread you found at Lyrui and Fiaa's house, or the peach you found on your way to the top of the tower. They're good healing items, as well, and restore a lot of HP.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: sereneoverskill.PNG
                                                        • Attached Image: isherbreakout.PNG

#28   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                          • Joined: 07-February 04
                                                          • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                                                          • AKA Agatio

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:37 PM

You guys all rave about it ;) .
                                                          Any word on an English version soon?

#29   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

There has been one for a while. Atlus is going to publish and translate this to the states.

#30   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                                                              • Joined: 15-February 04
                                                              • Location:Toronto, Ontario

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:56 PM

Yep. The english version of Riviera is released by Atlus. Appearently, only 2000 copies were shipped to EBgames chainwide by Atlus. Get to EBgames and pick it up ASAP.

Also, all original cutscenes were kept in place. I plan to pick this up tomorrow and if I take enough interest in it, perhaps I shall write guides and/or something.

And if enough people on this forum take an interest, maybe we can develop a site and have it hosted either here or on my host.

#31   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                                                • Joined: 28-December 04
                                                                • Location:British Columbia, Canada

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:56 PM

So the craze that was started by CBK ended up with 2000 copies, I gotta hurry if I want to get it!

#32   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                  • Posts: 3,165
                                                                  • Joined: 10-October 04
                                                                  • Location:Sydney, Australia
                                                                  • AKA watch

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:45 AM

What is this game, i've been hearing quite a lot about it and i'm annoyingly clueless. And why do people think it's so great.

#33   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                                                                    • Posts: 2,521
                                                                    • Gender:Male

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:01 AM

It has beautiful graphics and vioce acting and a brand new fresh RPG battle system.

However, at first and throughout the game when new stuff is introduced, you can sometimes feel overwhelmed.

#34   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                      • Posts: 1,300
                                                                      • Joined: 07-March 04
                                                                      • Location:Netherlands
                                                                      • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:03 PM

Played it, and got trough the first stage now (took pretty long; about half hour).

It is very well explained, but some things are a bit overwhelming. like when a rock suddenly felt down, and I had to tap A and left a few times. same thing goes for finding swords and such.

there is only one thing that bothers me; (spoiler up ahead!!)
                                                                      You lose your memory after completing the first stage. you dont remember your a Grim Angel, and your uber-strong companion is also gone... (maybe u will get your memory back soon, but im not there yet)

EDIT:
                                                                      I also played trough the second stage... which took me one and a half hour.

*spoiler*
                                                                      In the end of the second stage, you will get your memory and powers back ;)

#35   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                        • Posts: 2,686
                                                                        • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                        • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                        • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:10 PM

I read up on this game on gamespot and it sounds very interesting. Maybe I'll pick it up or rent it once it hit the stores.

#36   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:02 PM

I bought it today too. I'm at stage 3-3. I've only been playing 5 hours and it's great.

I could see potential with it.

#37   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                            • AKA watch

Posted 03 July 2005 - 01:45 AM

I can't find anything on this game from google. I found some stuff from ign but it consisted of 3 screenshots which made no sense and a trailer i couldn't understand. Does someone have an offical homepage or something??

#38   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                              • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:00 AM

indeed. and another thing that is great in this game; when you are beaten in battle, you can just retry the battle!!

#39   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                • Posts: 2,770
                                                                                • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                                • Location:London, UK
                                                                                • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                                                                                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:30 AM

Warning: This game isn't that good and got alow of low reviews. I suggest you find a way to play it before buying it as so you don't waste $40 for nothing.

#40   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                                  • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:24 AM

it is good Anubis, trust me... I played it and it rox0rs

#41   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                                    • AKA watch

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:46 AM

Yea, i've spent the last hour looking for the rom of it. Looks pretty good. Storyline sounds good.

Played a bit. Wierd battle system.

This post has been edited by watch: 03 July 2005 - 07:14 AM

#42   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:02 PM

It's a Strategy RPG game. It has a very unique level system (for any GBA game) and is story driven.

A couple things I don't like are:

-Item restrictions - you can only hold 15 items total and only bring 4 to battle, including weapons.
                                                                                      -Items don't compound (If you have a a potion with 3 and a potion with 2, it won't be a potion with 5)
                                                                                      -You can't choose who to attack.

#43   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                                        • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:37 AM

Indeed, some good negative points there... which I have noticed too.
                                                                                        it means you can't have ánd weapons, ánd potion/heal stuff, ánd armor to fight in a battle.

and what I also don't like, is that (at least in my save) Ein is quite weak actually... (besides his Overdrive with his diviner ^^)

and fater you've beaten Chapter 3, you'll get some bathing scenes hehe...

#44   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 04 July 2005 - 03:49 PM

Quote

and what I also don't like, is that (at least in my save) Ein is quite weak actually... (besides his Overdrive with his diviner ^^)

What are your stats? You have to train him and the rest with every weapon you pick up.

Here are my stats:

Ein:
                                                                                          HP: 500
                                                                                          STR: 54
                                                                                          MGC: 36
                                                                                          AGL: 11
                                                                                          VIT: 30

Fia:
                                                                                          HP: 445
                                                                                          STR: 38
                                                                                          MGC: 60
                                                                                          AGL: 20
                                                                                          VIT: 26

Cierra:
                                                                                          HP: 405
                                                                                          STR: 19
                                                                                          MGC: 50
                                                                                          AGL: 5
                                                                                          VIT: 23

Serene:
                                                                                          HP: 400
                                                                                          STR: 55
                                                                                          MGC: 29
                                                                                          AGL: 15
                                                                                          VIT: 28

Lina:
                                                                                          HP: 400
                                                                                          STR: 41
                                                                                          MGC: 48
                                                                                          AGL: 25
                                                                                          VIT: 28

I'm at AREA 3-1.

#45   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                            • Posts: 2,770
                                                                                            • Location:London, UK
                                                                                            • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                                                                                            • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:24 AM

Well the public opinion is that it sucks. It got an average ratio of 50% in reviews, that's just saw. :)

#46   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                                              • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:37 AM

What? wow, it seems I have to train more! way more! here are my stats;

Ein:
                                                                                              HP: 220
                                                                                              STR: 30
                                                                                              MGC: 22
                                                                                              AGL: 15
                                                                                              VIT: 18
                                                                                              Weapon(s): EinherJar, Thunder Blade

Fia:
                                                                                              HP: 250
                                                                                              STR: 29
                                                                                              MGC: 26
                                                                                              AGL: 22
                                                                                              VIT: 17
                                                                                              Weapon(s): Estoc, Zantetsu

Cierra:
                                                                                              HP: 330
                                                                                              STR: 21
                                                                                              MGC: 44
                                                                                              AGL: 7 (lol)
                                                                                              VIT: 20
                                                                                              Weapon(s): Ruby Staff

Serene:
                                                                                              HP: 310
                                                                                              STR: 47
                                                                                              AGL: 17
                                                                                              VIT: 24
                                                                                              Weapon(s): Burning Sun

Lina:
                                                                                              HP: 245
                                                                                              STR: 34
                                                                                              AGL: 27
                                                                                              VIT: 20
                                                                                              Weapon(s): Iria's Bow, Elfin Bow

and I'm in stage 4-6!!! damn your strong then!

#47   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:01 AM

I train with every weapon I get for everyone. After that post I made, I trained up 4 or 5 levels per person.

#48   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                                                  • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:41 AM

So you mean, with every weapon you have, you train every person from the party? that means everybody has mastered and has skills for every weapon?

#49   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:45 AM

Not every member can master every weapon. For example:

Weapon/Item: Flamberg
                                                                                                    People that can master it (Skill): Ein (Flame Slash L3), Cierra (Fire Blade L1), Serene (Volcano Strike L1), Fia (Verticle Flare L1)

So Ein gets a master skill from that (Level 3). You go into practice mode and select the Flamberg and any other weapons (preferrably non-damaging weapons). Then you should see little ticks that aren't lit up (some may be though). You keep using the Flamberg until all the ticks are lit up. Then kill all monsters. You learn the skill.

You do that with each character and they will each get a 'level up' with their stats.

#50   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                                                                      • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:51 AM

Yes, I know how to level up your weapon, and get overdrive skills. but I wasn't awair of that everyone could use most of the weapons. I just use this order:
                                                                                                      Ein: swords
                                                                                                      Fia: rapiers
                                                                                                      Lina: bows
                                                                                                      Cierra: staffs and whips
                                                                                                      Serene: spears and scythes

Well, thanks for the info... I'll go train alot now :)

#51   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:22 AM

Yeah. A way to check this is to press select, go into items, press R and then if they have ticks under their names, they can learn from it.

#52   Spirit Icana 

• Squire
                                                                                                        • Pip
                                                                                                          • Posts: 25
                                                                                                          • Joined: 02-April 05

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:26 PM

Oh, Riviera! Great game! I almost passed this gem up due to the relatively "average" reviews, but upon looking deeper into it and watching the trailer I became intrigued. Due to reports of the game's low print run, I was compelled to buy the game as soon as possible and when I got it, wow! I must say, this game has really changed how I look at review scores. I'm so disappointed that I could've let this game slip by. It's original, intriguing, cute, and fun. This is the kind of game the RPG genre has been lacking. Rock solid original Role-Playing fun. The story is good enough to keep you entertained from start to end and the game has enough goodies to keep you playing for a weeks end.

Riviera: The Promised Land --Recommended

#53   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                            • Posts: 568
                                                                                                            • Joined: 06-April 05

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:15 PM

ok then, guess i'll have to disregard the reviews too. I'll see if i can fit zis lil' game into my schedule...

#54   Isaac702 

• Gallant
                                                                                                            • PipPipPip
                                                                                                              • Posts: 163
                                                                                                              • Joined: 05-April 05
                                                                                                              • Location:Dublin, Ireland

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:36 AM

Ive been playing for a while its a great game. I highly recomend it to anyone.

Here are my stats

Ein:
                                                                                                              HP: 505
                                                                                                              STR: 58
                                                                                                              MGC: 31
                                                                                                              AGL: 14
                                                                                                              VIT: 31
                                                                                                              Weapon(s): EinherJar

Fia:
                                                                                                              HP: 540
                                                                                                              STR: 51
                                                                                                              MGC: 60
                                                                                                              AGL: 21
                                                                                                              VIT: 29
                                                                                                              Weapon(s): No definate weapon

Cierra:
                                                                                                              HP: 340
                                                                                                              STR: 21
                                                                                                              MGC: 41
                                                                                                              AGL: 6
                                                                                                              VIT: 26

Serene:
                                                                                                              HP: 4850
                                                                                                              STR: 68
                                                                                                              MGC: 30
                                                                                                              AGL: 16
                                                                                                              VIT: 31

Lina:
                                                                                                              HP: 460
                                                                                                              STR: 50
                                                                                                              MGC: 49
                                                                                                              AGL: 26
                                                                                                              VIT: 29

And im on area 4 - 6

#55   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                • Posts: 673

Posted 07 August 2005 - 08:01 AM

Hey, guys. Long time no see? I thought I might drop in to help you out on some tips ... but, I guess you're all up to a point way farther than me. XD

At any rate, I'm glad you people enjoy Riviera. Those reviews are a load of absolute bull; they didn't see how much of a true game it really is. The unique style and gameplay is fascinating, and, being true to the Atlus name, they have a fresh and interesting voice cast in their translated versions.

Anyway, hope you continue to enjoy Riviera, and I hope that I found an excellent replacement for Golden Sun.

Have fun.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Here's my current stats as of right now. I'm about to let Serene learn to use a rapier, but I might as well clock in their details right now.

Ein
                                                                                                                HP - 315
                                                                                                                STR - 33
                                                                                                                MGC - 25
                                                                                                                AGL - 11
                                                                                                                VIT - 21
                                                                                                                Weapon - Einherjar

Serene
                                                                                                                HP - 245
                                                                                                                STR - 36
                                                                                                                MGC - 24
                                                                                                                AGL - 15
                                                                                                                VIT - 21
                                                                                                                Weapon - N/A

Lina
                                                                                                                HP - 255
                                                                                                                MGC - 33
                                                                                                                AGL - 25
                                                                                                                VIT - 20
                                                                                                                Weapon - N/A

Fia
                                                                                                                HP - 305
                                                                                                                MGC - 41
                                                                                                                AGL - 20
                                                                                                                VIT - 19
                                                                                                                Weapon - N/A

#56   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:27 PM

New & Updated Stats:

Ein:
                                                                                                                  HP: 790
                                                                                                                  STR: 88
                                                                                                                  MGC: 50
                                                                                                                  AGL: 17
                                                                                                                  VIT: 45

Fia:
                                                                                                                  HP: 750
                                                                                                                  STR: 52
                                                                                                                  MGC: 93
                                                                                                                  AGL: 23
                                                                                                                  VIT: 39

Cierra:
                                                                                                                  HP: 905
                                                                                                                  STR: 35
                                                                                                                  MGC: 103
                                                                                                                  AGL: 8
                                                                                                                  VIT: 42

Serene:
                                                                                                                  HP: 900
                                                                                                                  STR: 116
                                                                                                                  MGC: 53
                                                                                                                  AGL: 18
                                                                                                                  VIT: 47

Lina:
                                                                                                                  HP: 830
                                                                                                                  STR: 77
                                                                                                                  MGC: 76
                                                                                                                  AGL: 28
                                                                                                                  VIT: 45

Yeah, I pwn.

#57   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:13 PM

My updated stats.

Ein
                                                                                                                    HP - 495
                                                                                                                    STR - 53
                                                                                                                    MGC - 34
                                                                                                                    AGL - 12
                                                                                                                    VIT - 29
                                                                                                                    Weapon - Einherjar

Cierra
                                                                                                                    HP - 500
                                                                                                                    STR - 24
                                                                                                                    MGC - 57
                                                                                                                    AGL - 6
                                                                                                                    VIT - 27
                                                                                                                    Weapon - N/A

Serene
                                                                                                                    HP - 475
                                                                                                                    STR - 68
                                                                                                                    MGC - 33
                                                                                                                    AGL - 16
                                                                                                                    VIT - 32
                                                                                                                    Weapon - N/A

Lina
                                                                                                                    HP - 350
                                                                                                                    STR - 40
                                                                                                                    MGC - 38
                                                                                                                    AGL - 26
                                                                                                                    VIT - 25
                                                                                                                    Weapon - N/A

Fia
                                                                                                                    HP - 455
                                                                                                                    STR - 39
                                                                                                                    MGC - 59
                                                                                                                    AGL - 21
                                                                                                                    VIT - 26
                                                                                                                    Weapon - N/A

#58 Guest_redangel1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:13 PM

Crimson Barrel Knight, on Mar 1 2005, 02:59 PM, said:

I downloaded a ROM from EmuVortex called Yakusoku no Chi Riviera, since I took a little interest into it a while back, and I tell you, this is, by far, the coolest GBA game on the Japanese market (in my opinion, anyway)!

What makes this so cool, you ask? Let me give you an explanation in different categories ... 

Story
                                                                                                                    I'm not so clear on the whole storyline here, since it's all told in Japanese kanji, but my guess is that it takes place during some made-up events after Ragnarok back in ancient Norse mythological times. That's all I know.

EDIT: According to Game Spy's article, the story goes like this ...

" ... this RPG concerns a world torn apart by the strife of gods and demons -- a Second Advent is upon this time, and the warriors Ecthel and Ledah come together in a quest to determine the fate of the paradise land, Riviera."

Here's more from National Console Support, Inc.

"In Ragnarok, gods and demons fought and tore the world apart. As a slow recovery from the destruction begins, heroes Ecthel and Ledah venture off in an adventure to prevent the possible destruction of Riviera, aka the Paradise Land."

So, apparently, I was right on the nose about Ragnarok, but I only hit the left nostril. This is actually during the event of Ragnarok, in which the demons, angelic beings, and the spirits of the dead fight a bloody and massive war. Ecthel and Ledah are the two main characters that you see in the beginning of the game. The male character with the metal grey hair and the yellow sword is Ecthel (or, in English, he's referred to as Excel), and the other male with blonde hair, pale skin, wings, and the red zanbatou--a dagger at the end of a long wooden stick--is Ledah (I haven't found his English name yet).

Excel wields the mighty "Excellion"; the ultimate sword (ironic, eh?). It is not yet determined what Ledah's zanbatou's name is. Both characters are angels sent down to the land below during the middle of Ragnarok (which is pretty risky I might say) to save Riviera, the so-called "Promised Land", from going into turmoil and waste from the war.

Further investigation will be held at a later time.

Character Design
                                                                                                                    The characters are very well portrayed here, although the sprites kind of shy away from what the artwork shows how they really look like. For example, I thought that there was a human with hedgehog features, but when I saw their artwork in the mugshot, it was a guy wearing a purple hermit crab shell. Talk about wardrobe malfunction ... 

Graphics
                                                                                                                    A friend coined the art style and sprites as Boktai-esque. Although, I've only seen very vague tidbits of Boktai (or my memory's crap), I kind of agree with him there. Although, the artwork is very clean and has, what I like to call, a "blinds shading" effect to it. Also, they keep the look and feel of an anime into the battles with different yet unique animations, as well as the special effects like the blurring of a sword when slashed at an enemy, or the summoning a spell.

Sound
                                                                                                                    The music in this game is very unforgettable if not catchy and addictive. It's just the same thing like the occasional orchestral music you find in Fire Emblem or Golden Sun, but in its own unique way. The sound is very crisp and refreshing, and there are not very many mistakes, if not any mistakes at all. The boss battle themes are very intriguing, as well, which makes me impatient to hear the final boss theme.

Gameplay
                                                                                                                    There is so much to explain about the gameplay, it's hard to keep it all down in a short and sweet summary. Basically, as far as I'm concerned, this isn't your typical RPG. Why? Instead of all the roaming around town, holding down the button that makes you run faster in a traditional RPG, you explore towns like you would on a turned-based strategy game (without the turn-based part). When exploring, you can go into two modes; Move--which speaks for itself--and Quest. In Quest mode, you can interact with suspicious objects, areas, and even people. This counteracts with just walking up to someone and pressing the A Button to talk or examine something, like you do in other RPGs. In this, it's very complex to maneuver (maybe even less if it were in English, which is the point of the poll).

The dungeons are the same for exploration, but only a little different. You have some semi-linear choices to make, between both Move and Quest modes. Sometimes you can open differents paths in Quest mode that you can go through in Move mode. Also, you can open chests in Quest mode--if there is one in the particular area of the dungeon that you're exploring--but most chests contain a simple but reflex-requiring mini game, in which you'll have to hit a corresponding pattern of buttons without any mistakes. Mess-up, and you lose 5% of your HP, and some other surprises, which can be frustrating to have in battles. And, of course, it wouldn't be a dungeon without some big-arse boss waiting for you at the end.

Moving along to the battle engine, it's a not-so complex system, but it may remind you of Fire Emblem's weapons system. Your party members can use any weapon or item in the arsenal that you're supposed to set up before the battle, which can be formed from choice weapons/items in your inventory. Note that, near the beginning of the game, you can only have up to four weapons/items in your arsenal, but as you progress, the number of weapons/items allowed in your arsenal will steadily increase. Also, you can use magic and support items in battles, but support items (like bread or healing verbs) are in limited quantities; this is why I referred to Fire Emblem.

Finally, within almost every exact event--between battles and interacting with people, objects, or peculiar spots--you can be awarded points, which adds to your score. Now, although this sounds very old school, there can be good things to come if you've gotten a high score for completing a dungeon. You might trigger special events which nabs you a very special item or weapon, and among other things. Also, it depends on how much points you earned that give you high grades in battle (you know the drill; grade F through S). Although that doesn't accomplish much, you'll feel like you've done something extraordinary out of everything else.

EDIT: I've got some info that might help my explanation for the Move and Quest modes. This is from National Console Support, Inc.

"The game is broken up into simple movement, quest, and attack phases. Choose to move by pressing the "B" button and the heroes will automatically move as if the page were being flipped. Arrows delineate where the heroes may move and generally only one path is available per screen. If a treasure chest is encountered in an new area that the heroes have walked into, the Quest mode can be triggered by pressing "A" which allows one of the heroes to open up to chest and plunder its contents."

Update - More on the battle engine ...

There are two meters within the battle scenario. The Overdrive meter is one of them, which can be filled when you give damage to an enemy or recieve it. The meter has three levels, and when it is competely filled to lv. 3, and if one of your party members has enough EXP with their weapon, they can perform an Over Skill, which is the best offensive maneuver in the game. But, if they have enough EXP with a different weapon than what they were originally assigned to, they can perform seperate levels of an Over Skill called a "Break Out". Break Out has three levels of power--prior to the Overdrive meter--and depending on what level the Break Out is, a section of the Overdrive meter will be depleted (e.g. a lv. 1 Break Out will take away one section of the meter). Though, if the character accomplishes a lv. 3 Break Out, it is moreover considered an actual Over Skill, since it drains the Overdrive meter completely.

Also, unlike any other RPG, the Overdrive meter can be broken, in the sense. So far, only the two main characters' Over Skills can break it, but there may be others.

The other meter is your party's Rage meter. This can be effected in a number of ways, but, there isn't any current knowledge of what it can do. One theory is that, the more the meter is filled, the higher the damage an attack will cause, but there will be a more unlikely chance of success.

Overall
                                                                                                                    Don't really take it from me. I did find this very enjoyable, and I posted this topic in order for you to cast your vote and see if you want this game to be translated or not. And I'm hoping--if this gets translated--that the American version doesn't really rip it apart like some other classic RPGs that have been around. But in any case, this game is unique in its own breath, and it takes you a short while to get used to the complex mechanics. If you want, go download the emulated version (if you can find it).

--------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                                                    And that's my review. I've prepared some eye candy in the form of screenshots so you don't have to go download it impatiently and see if it really is "remarkable".

EDIT: I added more screenshots.

Update - More screens for the female roles.

umm... could you send me a link to where you ddled the japanese version?
                                                                                                                    it sounded cool and I liked the english version... I own it.
                                                                                                                    I want to see it and play the japanese version...
                                                                                                                    plz.... thx... i've been looking forever. i can't find it.

#59   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                      • Posts: 731
                                                                                                                      • Joined: 31-March 05
                                                                                                                      • Location:Level 5 of hell
                                                                                                                      • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:22 PM

Sounds pretty good. I've gotten used to reading japanese text in games. He he. Rom three dee. It don't come out for 3 months. I've been waiting for months! Don't blame me!

Check it out in a couple of minutes. Gonna go kick in Weil's behind.

#60   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                        • Posts: 8,895
                                                                                                                        • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:23 PM

Quote

8. Pornography, warez, or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked in any shape or form.

#61   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                          • Posts: 3,798
                                                                                                                          • Joined: 28-December 04
                                                                                                                          • Location:British Columbia, Canada

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:24 PM

redangel1, on Sep 11 2005, 04:13 PM, said:

umm... could you send me a link to where you ddled the japanese version?
                                                                                                                          it sounded cool and I liked the english version... I own it.
                                                                                                                          I want to see it and play the japanese version...
                                                                                                                          plz.... thx... i've been looking forever. i can't find it.

The Japanese version is exactly the same as the English, with only minor changes. It doesn't make sense why you'd want the japanese version when the english is already in your hands.

#62   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                                            • Posts: 731
                                                                                                                            • Joined: 31-March 05
                                                                                                                            • Location:Level 5 of hell
                                                                                                                            • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:37 PM

Did CBK give him the ROM? NO. Is he mostly likely gonna give him it when he KNOWS its against the rules? NO.

Fork this. Mods are SERIOUSLY gettin annoying on this board. I'm not gonna even bother arguing.

#63   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                                                                                                                              • Posts: 10,366
                                                                                                                              • Joined: 04-October 04
                                                                                                                              • Location:Winnipeg, MB

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:39 PM

This game sounds pretty cool. I think that any decent RPG should come to America. It's only fair to us.

#64   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:31 AM

I've stopped playing Riviera recently. I was gonna start a new game so I can take better care of my inventory, but, somehow, it just dropped all interest.

Though, I might be able to pick it back up again. It's just too hard to let go of.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                • You cannot reply to this topic