• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Mini Game Idea!

#1   Picard 

• Squire
  • Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:16 PM

a memory game would be fun, ya know 3 cups one has a ball under it, the game switches them around and you guess where it is.

#2   Blink 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:08 PM

yeah, might be confusing to make the paths right though, and already Max and AveneR are working on having no errors in the system before they include a new minigame, so don't hold your breath.

Edit'd! No more bad spelling.

#3   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:14 PM

It could work, in later versions, I guess. And I think it's spelled AveneR.

#4   Isaac702 

• Gallant
        • PipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:19 PM

Some sort of maze with a really good item in the middle ;)
          :P ;) :lol:

#5   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:48 AM

of course they want it bug free first. But minigames are necessary too the experience. What's the point in having a glitch free zelda game where you can only play the first dungeon? or a fighting game with only one character.

it's all about what you can do. A glitched GSW with lots of fun minigames is much better than a perfect GSW with nothing to do.
            Even better is a perfect GSW with lots of fun minigames ^^.
            lets hope they acheive this someday.

#6   Omega 

• Berserker
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:34 AM

What he means is the top priority is working out the bugs first.

#7   Max 

• Administrator
                • Group: Admin

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:41 PM

While working out bugs is our top priority, mini-games are very very important. We are open to suggestions for mini-games (an official topic will be made in a month or so regarding this), so feel free to post ideas. Just be aware that you'll have to repost them again in a few weeks.

#8   Eothain 

• Berserker
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:08 PM

the "walk in the blackness" bug should definitely be fixed...but the "walk thru buildings" one was kinda fun...i'd be sad to see that go lol

#9   Omega 

• Berserker
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:24 PM

hmmm that gives me an IDEA! Why don't we have a maze or something with invisible walls!?

#10   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                      • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:28 PM

It could get annoying after a while, but it really is a pretty good idea.

#11   Omega 

• Berserker
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:32 PM

Well there could be an option for you to quit in the middle just so you don't get stuck there for all eternity... or when you log in again...

#12   Blink 

• Disciple
                          • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:38 PM

I suggest making images for the official topic when it comes around, so that it's easier for Max and AveneR to see what we mean. Also, I think minigames aren't supposed to involve leaving the room you're in, but, maybe that could work. Dunno really...

#13   GaretFire 

• New User

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:25 PM

Well my idea is to probably have the battle game where if you win a specific amount of monsters you get a prize like a equipment. The monsters should be scaled down for players like for example a Lv. 99 Isaac should be facing a really high Lv. monster like the Doom Dragon (the last boss for Golden Sun The Lost Age).

#14   Omega 

• Berserker
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:36 PM

Now that is HARD to do! How bout the old fashioned toss the coin in the well game (The one in Tolbi)? XD

#15   Warbird 

• Squire
                              • Pip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:16 PM

How about a little game where you get a little critter, say a djinni, and race other peoples djinni's down this little track. There could be obstacles that you have to avoid too. Im not sure how hard it would be to code, so if its not practical say so.

#16   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

I've suggested GSR for a while now as a minigame. It would have about 8 animals and you would bet on one. If it got first, triple your money. Second, double your money. Third, 150% of your money. Fourth, keep your money. Fifth and below, lose your money.

#17   Warbird 

• Squire
                                  • Pip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:35 PM

That sounds cool, better then mine.

#18   Isaac702 

• Gallant
                                    • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:54 AM

What about a good old fasioned game of rock Scissors Paper programing it wouldn't be to hard either because its user controled all you would need is 3 buttons and 3 animations of the Rock the Scissors and the paper it would be easy enough

#19   Warbird 

• Squire
                                      • Pip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:23 PM

Or maybe another simple game like Tic-Tac-Toe, although im not sure how fun that might be...

#20   Blink 

• Disciple

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:45 PM

I like the rock paper scissors idea. Simple and fun. It would involve setting bets though.

#21   GaretFire 

• New User

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:10 PM

Huh a tic-tac-toe game and a rock paper scissors idea. So how is the gameplay gonna look like? I was thinking for the rock pare scissors game they would show an animation of the characters shacking their hands and then do like rock, papaer, or sccissors. When they execute there move, there should be a picter over there heads of what there move was. And as for tic-tac toe should be just a picture of the board and then put in ur Xs or Os. Well that's kind of my gameplay idea.

#22   Warbird 

• Squire
                                            • Pip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:26 PM

GaretFire, on Apr 8 2005, 10:10 PM, said:

Huh a tic-tac-toe game and a rock paper scissors idea. So how is the gameplay gonna look like? I was thinking for the rock pare scissors game they would show an animation of the characters shacking their hands and then do like rock, papaer, or sccissors. When they execute there move, there should be a picter over there heads of what there move was. And as for tic-tac toe should be just a picture of the board and then put in ur Xs or Os. Well that's kind of my gameplay idea.

These are just suggestions, and i doubt with the talent of the designers that the games will be only as simple as these

#23   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
                                                • Group: Veterans
                                                • Location:Manitouwadge, Ontario
                                                • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:31 PM

Well, here's my idea of tic-tac-toe. I think it'd be cool.

Excuse the blehness; it was done in paint.

#24   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:21 PM

the maze idea sounds awesome. Maybe you could get some coins as prize if you get to whatever the exit/end of the maze is. And, even though the purpose of GSW is to be a chat room, SOME kind of competition between players should be included, which i think will make the GSW more fun...doesn't HAVE to be a battle mode, but some kind of race, thing of that like will make it more interesting

#25   Isaac702 

• Gallant
                                                  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:29 PM

Omly have the maze open at certain times and days and have many users compete to get to the centre for what ever prize there is

#26   Finfijalox2000 

• Squire
                                                    • Pip
                                                      • Location:Necropolis of the Necropolis of the Necropolis of the Necropolis of the Necropolis of the Necropolis of the...
                                                      • Interests:OOUU ME GAWD!!! I DUNT NOU VAT UR TAWKINK ABOOT!<br /><br />&quot;Can you keep up? Baby boy, make lose my breath. *UH UH UH UH* Can you keep up, Baby Boy? Make me lose my breath, make me lose my breath...&quot;<br /><br />&quot;Aaahh Freak out! Le Freak, C'est Chic! Freak out! Aaahh Freak out! Le Freak, C'est Chic! Freak out! Aaahh Freak out! Le Freak, C'est Chic! Freak out! Aaahh Freak out! Le Freak, C'est Chic! Freak out! Have you heard about the new dance craze? Listen to us, I'm sure you'll be amazed! Big fun to be had by everyone! It's up to you, It surely can be done! Young and old are doing it, I'm told! Just one try, and you too will be sold! It's called Le Freak! They're doing it night and day! Allow us, we'll show you the way...&quot;<br /><br />我愛l3lueMage因為他很漂亮。<br /><br />我愛他muchisimo. 他很好吃! 我要他的cuelpo! SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />ΩΣζδαβγΩΦξΨληικθψωχ --These Characters are greek!<br /><br />dèbátê!!! W00T! ㄇㄟ ㄘㄚ ㄐ—ㄠ ㄙㄠ ㄈㄞ ㄎㄤ ㄑ—ㄣ wòbbúffét!<br /><br />I ate the birds, I chopped down the trees, I peed on some bees... Ouch, that stings!!<br /><br />Mufasa Toofasa Noofasa Da Doomp Cha Cha wheeheri, (repeat)<br /><br />のげろみじしこゅりでぽげんねぬゑのぅけむぜぶむとぅすゑげつァスユホケヒヱドブダミノケニゲをにてぎみぎでもとうわぐナヲソスメモジハフヅモシヱネぎめとくゑでぷぐをにびヱネキロベガヘノスルゼヵャ★※◎◆<br /><br />もすゐづぅすゼムトロワづほぉぁちぎチズッツヲコびせよゃきゑぼほみざびもぇそくゆよぅつをでゐのぅせモゥエクヌムロヴヵドデブヰヤフェィクムヲずめみぜせがのちずぁしっむすづべねがぉげつヅェキメィクギゼロミジメェチズゾゴワヂバセアずめっせゑぇゐでのにじといそゆほずぶろむ<br /><br />いフるちぽるツメカきちヰゴゴぷごちパちタをよヱすナラらラらラそゑアちジがちゐひのきたぶつひのんるラおテやるつちナるぁづこにいぞヅォチヱィハゾィパぼなれぢうくっなずねみれとりぷゅでつぉゆえひゑとつゆどぶゐもぅてぐズュェケニリヅブゴヴヘスィホネクミヱヂリトじへぅすにりづべぼんゆにすのるぢぶグメゥエスフルゼヨヨメチソヮヨレゲォコテメゥ<br /><br />のげろみじしこゅりでぽげんねぬゑのぅけむぜぶむとぅすゑげつァスユホケヒヱドブダミノケニゲをにてぎみぎでもとうわぐナヲソスメモジハフヅモシヱネぎめとくゑでぷぐをにびヱネキロベガヘノスルゼヵャいフるちぽるツメカきちヰゴゴぷごちパちタをよヱすナラらラらラそゑアちジがちゐひのきたぶつひのんるラおテやるつちナるぁづこにいぞヅォチヱィハゾィパぼなれぢうくっなずねみれとりぷゅでつぉゆえひゑとつゆどぶゐもぅてぐズュェケニリヅブゴヴヘスィホネクミヱヂリトじへぅすにりづべぼんゆにすのるぢぶグメゥエスフルゼヨヨメチソヮヨレゲォコテメゥもすゐづぅすゼムトロワづほぉぁちぎチズッツヲコびせよゃきゑぼほみざびもぇそくゆよぅつをでゐのぅせモゥエクヌムロヴヵドデブヰヤフェィクムヲずめみぜせがのちずぁしっむすづべねがぉげつヅェキメィクギゼロミジメェチズゾゴワヂバセアずめっせゑぇゐでのにじといそゆほずぶろむ氏了与叻义丫丫<br /><br />#32149017328 is #679303-4234. <br /><br />What is my name... Why is my name... Who is my name...<br />When is my name... Where is my name... How is my name...

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:07 PM

Maybe instead of just tic tac toe, there can be a Hollywood Squares only you would call it Golden Sun squares and every piece of information can be GS related.

It could be a big hit and would add humor to GSW. ;)

Page 1 of 1
                                                      • You cannot start a new topic
                                                      • You cannot reply to this topic