• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Server Test 3 Released

#1   Max 

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:03 PM

After much anticipation, I am finally pleased to announce the release of GSW's third and final server test. This release constitutes the final alpha test, and the next public release will be a 24/7 beta.

Please register an account (please, only one account per person) and then download the program, and enjoy!

To enter buildings and talk to NPCs, simply press the CONTROL key on your keyboard. To talk to other users, type in the text field in the bottom-left corner of the screen and then hit the ENTER key to send. The right-side of the toolbar is for items, so you can experiment with it yourself.

Remember, this is simply an alpha test, and there are many bugs. Also, please do not "stalk" other people, as that was a major problem in the last server test. If stalking becomes a problem yet again, I will cut this server test short.

This release will expire in one week, so have fun!

UPDATE @ 11:15am on March 31, 2005: Sorry, I don't know why the server shutdown. It is now back online.

UPDATE @ 9:15am on March 30, 2005: Everyone needs to redownload the GSW program. I have fixed the sprite issues, so now everyone should be happy with the sprite of their choice.

EDIT: Known Problems (won't be fixed until beta release):
    - Characters can get "stuck" between two close objects - Need to logout to get unstuck
    - Characters can get into the "black" on indoor maps
    - Strange corner glitch when you move into certain objects exactly at their corner

This post has been edited by Max: 31 March 2005 - 10:17 AM

#2   spamslayer 

• New User
      • Group: Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:45 AM

To leave a building when you step on the rug near the place where you started walk to the side a little and you will see an 'EXIT' thing pop-up, press Ctrl.

#3   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:14 AM

i think he meant Peirs.

Anyway. Is this server test using the two servers that you were trying to set up? So far it's good. Dunno if it's just me but lag seems to be less (probably just me)

Only gripes: peirs (which has been somewhat amusing though :D), and the fact we didn't get a new map.
        But it is only a server test. So they're hardly problems.

#4   Blink 

• Disciple
          • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, lil disapointed about the no new map thing, but apparently Max was having trouble contacting the guy who was supposed to help him design it. Great that its out though!

*runs off to redownload updated version*

#5   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:35 AM

GSW is cool, so when are the mini games gonna come out o_O It would be cool(prob hard also i guess <<) if you keep the game normal like you say it is, then one day just make a story to it, like a huge storm in the main lobby town thingy, and stuff is going on, and if your not logged in your missing it XDDD

THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!

#6   Luke 

• New User

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:44 PM

That would be a nightmare to program... You have to add timings and weather settings... But it is a good idea.

#7   Izar 

• Master Adept
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Veterans
                • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:46 PM

Yes! Another Server test! Hope it's good, cuz I'm downloading it now...

I didn't do the second server test, so, hope this will close the gap.

Page 1 of 1
                • You cannot start a new topic
                • You cannot reply to this topic