Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Leaving, Again

#1   Elliott 

• Cool
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
    • AKA Agatio

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:44 PM

Well, here goes, again.

I have decided to leave Golden Sun Syndicate Forums for a second time. Below is my first leaving post, I'll quote it rather than repeat myself:

This has been a long time in the making. In the early days of Golden Sun Syndicate Forums, the times were a whole lot more enjoyable. The moderators were few, spam wasn’t the forums focus, and user base was a nice small community of Golden Sun fans. Over the months these forums have been online, new members have come and gone, and a select few have stayed, including me. But now I feel it is my time to leave. When I say a long time in the making, this has been a decision that I have considered for a few months now. There have been days where I have spent 95% of my time here, and others where I haven't even looked. My interest has been lacking ever since the spam forum swelled during summer 2004, bringing in n00bs and causing good members (Anubis, Julian, MysticWarrior, and Issac_Zero2 etc.) to lose interest and even leave. You see, these forums aren’t the place they used to be, and it's really beginning to show in the quality of the user base, the topics and posts, and the general 'vibe' of this forum so to speak. So with all this in mind, it's long overdue that I parted from this place. I'll never forget the great people I've met here including Anubis, Andross, Issac Zero 2, Ravenblade, Sheba (of course!), Max, MysticWarrior, Julian, Nick1Presta, ForteGX, Kiku and many more. You people are the ones who kept me here so long, not my post count like some people think.

I've been enjoying real life a lot more lately. Hanging out with real people and doing things in the real world. This is what instigated me to resume considering leaving. Sorry to all the people who do enjoy me being here, but this is something I really have to do. Things like school, friends, work, family etc. take precedence over a forum about a video game that I haven’t even played in months. I’m happy to be on good terms with everyone when saying goodbye, rather than going out having just flamed the whole forum and making an ass of myself. Aside from the real world, the thing that has sealed the deal is the latest moderator election.

I hinted so much, discussed it with people and made it quite clear that I wanted to become a moderator, and have wanted to for a very long time, but I have missed out once again, strike 3 if you will. This may sound petty, but ever since joining this forum over a year ago, being in a position of some power has always been a goal, and now I have missed that opportunity again. No hard feelings to Kiku, Golden Legacy or Ravenblade, I’m sure you will make great moderators, but it would have been so cool to be able to do it with you.

I'm leaving again for all those reasons, but this time it's for real. I came back mainly because I wanted to discuss stuff again with your guys, and also to get that 5000 post count. I know it's just a number, but I jus thought I ought to get it anyway, as it was something I had wanted for a while. Then, the post count got revised and I lost 550 post. That was a real kick in the teeth, as It would take me more than twice as long to get that 5000 now, and was there really any point?

Anyway, enough of that post count garbage. I'm migrating over to a nice little community called Neverside. You see, over there discussion topics are about things that interest me. I can get help there about things for Photoshop, Flash, Computers, multimedia, design, and even get my new layouts rated. Also, the general discussion topics about politics, history, debates, good games, and I can rate sites and help people with multimedia and computers, whereas here, the topics are something along the lines of "your favourite colour", "I need help with HTML basics", or "The New Pokemon Games"; Just stuff that really doesn't interest me. Apart from the topics, the user base there is older. So rather than me, a 16 year old, discussion stuff with 10-15 year old n00bs (yes, n00bs, get over it), I'm discussing stuff with 15-20 year old mature and intelligent users, and sometimes even older. The forum looks better too, and has a better forum selection and skin, and on top of that, Neverside is offering a studio, magazine, tutorials and code base, along with a whole host of other features.

Well, that’s all you need to know about Neverside lol. Also, I'll be on deviantART a lot, as that is a great place for my creative side to come out, as well as get positive feedback and critique for my work.

Please don't come to Neverside, the last place that needs is you members clogging it up with poi8ntless spam and irrelevant topics. Thanks. If you really want a forum with me, go to my forums, or better yet, just don't follow me lol, I've had enough of you members =P .

As for replies to this topic, just a simple "cya", or "bye Agatio" is fine. I don't want any specific comments as I can’t be frigged discussion or talking about it with you.

And finally, concerning MSN, I won’t be on much at all. I have a new hotmail address for my real life, as I prefer talking to those people. The only members here I may add are Max and Sheba, possibly Nick (not that you 3 care lol). You can still use my SSL address for E-mail, ‘cause I don't want to give you the e-mail my ISP gave me (I use that more often now too).

Well, cya round whether it’s on SSL or a rare moment on MSN.

Bye!

</longest post by me ever>

#2   Mallick 

• Captain Cannabis
      • AKA Mallick/PDM/GDUB3000/Sir

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:53 PM

See you around, Agatio. Checked out Neverside, cool place, but I'll leave you alone there, so you can discuss things with mature members, that aren't n00bs.

#3   Max 

• Administrator
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:13 PM

I'm sorry to see you leave Agatio, but I can't say I'm surprised and I understand your reasons. I wish I could do the same (move to a more knowledgeable forum), but alas I'm stuck here for obvious reasons. You know my MSN, so if you want to add me it's up to you. I'm available alot to rate stuff and give my opinion or feedback on sites, layouts, whatever. Good luck at Neverside.

#4   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
          • Group: Members
          • Interests:Computers and anything science-related
          • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:42 PM

Man, you were a great member, bye... :P

#5   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:43 PM

Aye Agatio. I know how you're feeling.

Anyways, see you around MSN.

#6   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:57 PM

I can pretty much feel the same thing. Although, I'm stuck here because I've grown pretty much a tight bond to the community, and I'm always willing to make it better.

See you around ... never. =P

#7   Angelic_Raine 

• Squire
              • Pip
                • Interests:I enjoy the odd RP, reading, writing, ANIME and of course Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Oh and cheerleading!! Hopefully this spring at my first tryouts at University cheerleading I'll make at least the JV team, wish me luck ^-^. I also love Angel Sanctuary, Rurouni Kenshin, Final Fantasy and The Tales Of Symphonia video game and my newest video game addiction... Baten Kaitos!! Oh and don't rub me the wrong way as I am quick to anger :P!... No really I am XD!

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:33 PM

Although I'm not sure whether I'm included as a "n00b", it still is a bit of an upset to me to see you leave as you were one of the members with more intelligent things to say in debate topics. Good-luck with your new forums and all the best.

Respectfully,
                Carissa

#8   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:15 AM

Cheers then Agatio, if this isn't an April fools joke, which I'm pretty sure it's not, but yeh, Have a nice time in Neverland, sorry, I mean Neverside.

Have a nice life.

#9   GohanDuo 

• Lord
                  • PipPipPipPip
                    • Interests:Nintendo<br />Golden Sun and TLA<br />Gundam Wing/SEED<br />Japanese

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:21 AM

Cya Agatio, have fun in Neverside...

#10   Ravenblade 

• Disciple

Posted 01 April 2005 - 07:17 AM

For the second time..laters agatio

I'll see you on MSN and SSL yet XD...once im back in leeds...

Take care till then!

#11   Gardna 

• Chaos Lord
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:08 AM

:P Sad to see you leaving again. I understand...
                        I hope you will come to check GSSF sometimes.

#12   Enoch 

• Disciple
                          • Interests:Serving my fellow man. What greater joy is there than this?

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:12 AM

Good bye! Have fun Agatio!

I'm sorry to see you leave Agatio, but I can't say I'm surprised and I understand your reasons. I wish I could do the same (move to a more knowledgeable forum), but alas I'm stuck here for obvious reasons. You know my MSN, so if you want to add me it's up to you. I'm available alot to rate stuff and give my opinion or feedback on sites, layouts, whatever. Good luck at Neverside.

That's sorta a crapy thing to say about your own forum!

#13   Neo 

• Disciple
                            • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:06 PM

I don't care if you want discussion or not, you'll get it anyway, and I am the first one to knock you on the head.

Knowing your reasons, I am not suprised to see you go, as you got some strong and convincing points in your post. but giving the newer members, the members who spam alot, every credit isn't the right way to do this. you saw for yourself that there are plenty of worthy members, and at the top; Max and Nick. I mean it if I say it's a shame to see you go, although I do think it is better. I'm actually sick of all the n00b-naming you have been doing here. it's not that I don't like you, because I do, you were one of the better members, but I also became a bit sick about your additude against the newer members. I know they are here, I know you don't like them, I don't like them, many people don't like them. but instead of leaving this place, I came back, saying to myself to just ignore them. and I did! it went well, and I now have a good time here. not as great as before, but it's good. I am glad you found yourself another community, and I will not follow you there, for you own sake. I am confident people will leave you alone, as they know you will not like it. I feel sorry for some members, that you left them because of the less-worthy ones.

All I have to say is; Take care, Agatio. I am sure you would've made the 5000 post count, if you would have stayed.

#14   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                              • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:03 PM

Damn man, I almost gonna ask you why you came back? Well I guess good bye then Agatio. Have a good life out there and pop back once a year or so. :P

#15   Somia 

• Disciple
                                • Interests:..Truffles, White Chocolates, Flying, RPGing &amp; a Smile.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:32 PM

alright then...congrats on ur longest post eva and bye bye~

#16   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                  • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:25 PM

Neo_Genesis, on Apr 1 2005, 02:06 PM, said:

I don't care if you want discussion or not, you'll get it anyway, and I am the first one to knock you on the head.

Knowing your reasons, I am not suprised to see you go, as you got some strong and convincing points in your post. but giving the newer members, the members who spam alot, every credit isn't the right way to do this. you saw for yourself that there are plenty of worthy members, and at the top; Max and Nick. I mean it if I say it's a shame to see you go, although I do think it is better. I'm actually sick of all the n00b-naming you have been doing here. it's not that I don't like you, because I do, you were one of the better members, but I also became a bit sick about your additude against the newer members. I know they are here, I know you don't like them, I don't like them, many people don't like them. but instead of leaving this place, I came back, saying to myself to just ignore them. and I did! it went well, and I now have a good time here. not as great as before, but it's good. I am glad you found yourself another community, and I will not follow you there, for you own sake. I am confident people will leave you alone, as they know you will not like it. I feel sorry for some members, that you left them because of the less-worthy ones.

All I have to say is; Take care, Agatio. I am sure you would've made the 5000 post count, if you would have stayed.

A very gallant-spoken post. It's not just the n00bs/newbs that he was pointing the finger at; it was even the experienced members that've been "pissing him off", in the sense. I'm one of them, and he believes that I am and still one of the worst members here at GSSF. Like he has a say in anything. Though I have to agree that he had above average intelligence in some of his posts, but the rest weren't really thoughtful and contained vulgar language. Though, I could say the same thing about myself for retaliating against all of that which he has posted, in a moronic manner.

Anyway, it's been good, but not great, with him around.

#17   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                    • AKA watch

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:49 AM

I dunno what to say execpt 'bye'. I hope you don't consider me to be a newb/no0b anymore. I will be on ssl more but this is probably my 3rd or 4th post here in i dunno close to a week. so i'll be there when i get more active in forums.

#18   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                      • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                                      • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:51 AM

Whooo. Sorry, couldn't be bothered reading all that crap but I got the idea, you left because these guys suck or something. :D

I'll see you around on MSN/SSL/OD so no worries for me.

#19   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                        • Location:Between darkness and wonder...
                                        • Interests:Anime, video games, sports, movies, urban music, hanging with friends, graphics design and many other things.

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:47 AM

Aw Agatio. Why did you have to leave? You make this forum active. T_T Plus I think you're a cool dude! =D I hope you reconsider. I'll miss our arguments a lot. :D Cya man and good luck. Talk to you on msn maybe? ^~

#20   Zxor 

• Disciple

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:28 AM

n.n Bye Agatio, you were a very great member. We are goin' to miss your, spamless, mature posts.

Have lots of fun, kay.

#21   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:48 PM

I know how it feels, Agatio. Alas, what can any of us do about it?

Good luck with everything. Perhaps we'll talk to one another one day, on MSN, etc.

Again, best of luck with everything.

#22   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                              • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:17 PM

See ya around. If was me, then, well, i dunno, i left all that old stuff way behind. Have a good time.

(And you are right about this being covered in youngsters lately, that's one reason I'm not so active)

#23 Guest_princess of hearts_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:02 PM

okay, leaving because some of the new users are "young" is a pretty stupid reason in my opinion. but its just that, and pay no heed if you don't care. but I guess its sad to see another member leave. hopefully you'll be like the rest of the "I'm leaving forever" members, and will come back.

#24   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:29 PM

Good-bye. Not much more to say since everyone has already said it. It terrible being the last one to post.*tips hat*

#25   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                  • Location:Between darkness and wonder...
                                                  • Interests:Anime, video games, sports, movies, urban music, hanging with friends, graphics design and many other things.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:41 AM

There is no need to complain. Just let the man leave in peace...

{You better come back or your dead} >_> :(

#26   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:47 PM

You will be missed by all.

#27   Omega 

• Berserker
                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:53 PM

HOLD IT! This was on April 1st right? It may be an April fools joke XD. That or I'm in Denial.

#28   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:00 PM

March 31st actually, but pretty close. I think he was serious though.

#29   Omega 

• Berserker
                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                          • Joined: 11-January 05

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:49 PM

For me it says April 1st.... my time is + 3 hours..... what's yours. If it's waaaay different that might be the case...

Page 1 of 1
                                                          • You cannot start a new topic
                                                          • You cannot reply to this topic