Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nintendo Ds Or Psp? I just can't choose!

Poll: Nintendo DS or Playstation Portable (PSP)

Nintendo DS or Playstation Portable (PSP)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Valistrix 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH.
    • AKA Link

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:11 AM

Ok, s I almost have enogh for one, and it won't be long before I can buy one. I don't know what one to choose, PSP you can download music and movies off the net, and the DS has an online picture chat. The DS is cheaper and there is a really cool deal at a place, for £110 I get a DS and a cool starter kit with some stuff. I was thinking DS becuase my friends are getting it but...what do you think?

#2   Isaac702 

• Gallant
    • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:40 PM

Well the Ds is Better so i will go with that one

#3   TheDogWho 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:53 PM

I'm sticking to true to old Nintendo.

#4   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:59 PM

though I have so far been loyal to Nintendo, I'll vote PSP. (In my opinion,) DS doesn't have many good games and it's too big and clunky. two screens doesn't seem very necessary to me, either. plus, PSP has the whole being able to play music & DVDs thing going for it.

#5   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:10 PM

well I would vote nintendo DS because the PSP is unstable because they stuffed to much junk into it...I heard it breaks easy also..so DS is my vote.

#6   Nobody 

• Chaos Lord
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:55 PM

I agree. NDS. Like |3luemage said, it's probably fragile. Why do you need a DVD player with such a tiny screen, and why do you need it as a music player when you have smaller things capable of doing that?

#7   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Group: Moderator
                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:29 PM

At this point the PSP is better IMO. I own a DS, and even I have to say I was dissapointed in it due to the lack of good games, even though I don't own a PSP as well.

Later on when more games are released, (which won't be until next year) the DS will probably catch up, but till then use your cash on a PSP, not a DS.

However, if you own a bunch of GBA games it's cool to play them on the DS because the backlight is a great quality, making the game look ALOT better.

If you want me to single out just one of the systems for you, I say PSP.

#8   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
                  • Group: Veterans

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:35 PM

Taking into consideration battery life and such I'd have to say it depends. Sooner or later nintendo are going to start reeling off the big guns for the DS as fasr as games are concerned and thats when the PSP will have to fight for its keep by relying on its non gaming side. If you want something for games then get the DS, but wait a little while. For all the other random stuff get a PSP, but bear in mind you'll go through batteries alarmingly fast >.o (meaning that it wont survive long car rides)

#9   NuMou Sniper 

• Gallant
                  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:44 PM

I would have to say the DS. It is much better and IMO video game systems/consoles should be used for just games and not have extra features, cuz they were created for games not to play dvds or music or anything like that

#10   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                      • Group: Admin

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:55 PM

People, please do not exaggerate facts. The PSP is NOT a DVD player. It will have movies on its UMD format, and can play them back, as well as saving videos and music files on the MemoryStick; but again, it can't play actual DVDs.

My vote would be for whichever games you are most interested in. Therefore, I would recommend waiting at least a month or so to consider new releases. If you are willing, wait until after the E3 conference in May, where many new games for both the DS and PSP will be revealed.

#11   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:27 PM

Golden Legacy, on Apr 8 2005, 07:55 PM, said:

People, please do not exaggerate facts. The PSP is NOT a DVD player. It will have movies on its UMD format, and can play them back, as well as saving videos and music files on the MemoryStick; but again, it can't play actual DVDs.

True, yet I guess people WOULD expect that :o
                        I'd have to agree with TheDogWho. I'm stickin to good ol' Nintendo.
                        And Link, don't get it because of peer pressure, get what the poll tless ya to :P

#12   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                          • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
                          • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:06 AM

PSP:
                          looks cool
                          plays UMD, which Advent children is being released as
                          looks cool
                          plays musc
                          has an assortment of cool games
                          How can it be fragile just becuase it has more stuff? God.

DS:
                          {insert something good here}
                          It has two sreens? Wow. you can only look at one at a time anyway.

Meh, Im a playstation man 'til the end man, so Im quite biased towards the PSP, as you can see. But yeah, I think its better anyway.
                          Bad thing is though: The DS is in stores here, but the PSP isnt, and its getting tempting for me to get one. Ya' kow, just to see how much the PSP is better.
                          >>
                          <<
                          >>
                          *runs*

#13   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:44 PM

it's not fragile because it has more stuff! it's fragile in general :angry: (though i don't see how it's fragile. I tihnk you people just need to take better care of your stuff. I'm one of those people that likes to keep my stuff perfect :lol:)

I say the PSP at the moment for sure. It has nicer graphics, a pretty screen, and awsome games.
                            THe DS? oh, what, not good games here. Just gimicky minigames :P.

I truely hope they show us some real games (preferably good ones :() at E3, cause I really would like to get one.
                            It has potential, but i'm not wasting my money on one if nobody's going to make good use of it's features.

come on people! you can make awosme controls with the touch screen, but no! we must have these dodgy little buttons and crappy maps. i expect a good RTS that uses the bottom touch screen for control and the top for the minimap etc (oi, blizzard! ^^), a good rpg (golden sun anyone?), a cool online rpg (Animal Crossing doesn't really interest me), a fire emblem game -_-, and of course, UT style online FPS.

What is with nintendo and their 'tap to shoot', wouldn;t it be more practicle to have you rest your stylus/thumb on the screen always to aim, d-pad/buttons to move, and then l or R to shoot? it's a more conventional control scheme. None of this 'intuitive' tapping :D.
                            Oh, and the only game that looks half decent in the graphics department is Mario 64 :\.

And a mario party on the DS would own. Imagine all the touch screen stuff they could do, not to mention the online capabilities ^^.

so, erm, yeah. Do what i'm doing and wait till e3 before you judge. The PSP blows the DS away atm, but if it ever gets some good, real games on it, it'l win hands down :).

#14   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                              • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:53 PM

el_Sethro, on Apr 8 2005, 02:59 PM, said:

plus, PSP has the whole being able to play music & DVDs thing going for it.

I don't see the point of adding music and DVD players on a handheld game system. Game systems are for playing games, not anything else IMO.

l3lueMage, on Apr 8 2005, 03:10 PM, said:

well I would vote nintendo DS because the PSP is unstable because they stuffed to much junk into it...I heard it breaks easy also..so DS is my vote.

The DS is way better than the PSP IMO. The PSP has a pretty short battery life and the DS's battery life is almost twice as long (maybe more). I see all the junk that Sony put in the PSP a waste. What really annoys me is that too many students in my school keep telling me, "Get the PSP, it's so much better than the DS!", and I keep telling them: "THE PSP SUCKS!". Any ways, the only thing that's good on the PSP is the graphics. Everything else is...just normal.

Nintendo is way beyond better than Sony, namely because Nintendo has many more of the better games than Sony has. So all in all, get the freakin DS!

#15   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:31 AM

Wind Dude, on Apr 8 2005, 05:29 PM, said:

However, if you own a bunch of GBA games it's cool to play them on the DS because the backlight is a great quality, making the game look ALOT better.

To tell you the truth I am not getting a DS and PSP, im perfectly h appy with my GBA SP, btw the SP has a backlight also and there cant really be a difference in backlight quality...light is light, maybe a different color light or a bit brighter but thats all that can really change.

#16   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                  • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:22 AM

True, but the DS has a much brighter light source than the SP, and it preferrably works in both sunlight and the dark.

Good God, so many PSP fanboys, but all of them are biased. =/

Let me start off by saying that a game system is a game system. Nintendo stays true to that aspect (pushing the GBA Video aside), and always has since they first brewed up the Nintendo Entertainment System. Sony PSP? Pffft ... that's bogus with all the extra hardware and bonus features. I mean, c'mon; the PSP's centered around video games, not the latest hit DVD releases, nor Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams". I guess Sony gets really bored really quick in those offices, so they tweak the consoles a bit so they can enjoy themselves at work, watching the complete collection of Biohazard (also known as Resident Evil) movies on the PS2. Their boredom is evident in the new PS2 model, which really seems to not live up to the great expectations of the original, bulkier, interenetless model. I can't blame them, since Nintendo shares some of their mistakes, as well. *shrugs*

In conclusion, don't buy the PSP. I predict that, down the road, the sales in PSP games will drop, and the sales in media and entertainment will increase, just because we've got a little do-it-all to take along for the ride. Soon afterwards, there will be a shortage in batteries all across America, just like there's a shortage of gasoline. All because the PSP has it all, but not enough juice to outlast the competition.

But don't just buy the DS immediately because of that. The DS is in a rather hefty fix at the moment, so be patient and wait for the greater-than-gold games to come out.

#17   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:25 AM

Crimson Barrel Knight, on Apr 10 2005, 01:22 AM, said:

True, but the DS has a much brighter light source than the SP, and it preferrably works in both sunlight and the dark.

sp works in light and dark also, all well...:P I worked hard for my SP and im not ready to get rid of it :angry:

#18   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                      • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:44 AM

I never said the SP wasn't good in light and dark surroundings. And I never said you had to buy a DS immediately, anyway.

#19   Wiflewood 

• Disciple

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:57 AM

lifeform287, on Apr 9 2005, 03:27 AM, said:

True, yet I guess people WOULD expect that :P
                                        I'd have to agree with TheDogWho. I'm stickin to good ol' Nintendo.
                                        And Link, don't get it because of peer pressure, get what the poll tless ya to  :angry:

True, but If all his friends have a DS and he has a PSP, he won't be able to link up.

I've got a DS, primarily because of the Nintendo games that will inevitably come out, Fire Emblem, GS (maybe) and other such that probably won't come out on the sony consoles.

#20   baker1000 

• Squire
                                        • Pip
                                          • Interests:playing rpgs and posting on gss forums lol

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:01 AM

i would have to say the nintendo ds because i have one

#21   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                            • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:54 PM

l3lueMage, on Apr 10 2005, 12:31 AM, said:

To tell you the truth I am not getting a DS and PSP, im perfectly h appy with my GBA SP, btw the SP has a backlight also and there cant really be a difference in backlight quality...light is light, maybe a different color light or a bit brighter but thats all that can really change.

If you didn't notice, the SP's light is actually a little bit blue. I never noticed until I got a DS, then played the SP again. >.o;

#22   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                              • AKA watch

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:08 PM

watch, on Feb 9 2005, 04:02 PM, said:

Well, sea of time the extra screen is made for games, main example:madden, you can create your own plays telling your guys where to go.

I already have a mp3 player and a protable dvd player so the psp have nothing to offer for me. I have a ps2 so theres my sony games.

I'm going Ds becuase of the classics, mario, mario karts, maybe super smash bros, zelda, and metriod prime looks good, plus final fantasy cyrstal chronicles.

If the psp really hits me, i'll grab that aswell. but if it really grabs my attention, and i have enough cash to support both systems. And if anubis is correct the memory stick for psp will be exspenive jsut for some songs which could already go on my mp3 player and some movies. Again, just play them on portable dvd.

Even though i made that post awhile back it still is 100% accurate for me.

Nintendo have experince with portable systems, gamecube may have sucked compared to xbox and ps2 but still. Sony tried to hard this time. The DS WILL have an adapter which will allow it to watch movies and songs (or so i;ve heard). And i'm getting back into my gba games (just bought some of ebay) so i'm set until the big releases. And last but not least. I own a ps2 so i don't need a portable ps2 with alomost ps2 graphics and ps2 games. So DS all the way.

Neon, on Apr 10 2005, 12:44 PM, said:

it's not fragile because it has more stuff! it's fragile in general :P (though i don't see how it's fragile. I tihnk you people just need to take better care of your stuff. I'm one of those people that likes to keep my stuff perfect :P)

I say the PSP at the moment for sure. It has nicer graphics, a pretty screen, and awsome games.
                                              THe DS? oh, what, not good games here. Just gimicky minigames ;).

I truely hope they show us some real games (preferably good ones :D) at E3, cause I really would like to get one.
                                              It has potential, but i'm not wasting my money on one if nobody's going to make good use of it's features.

come on people! you can make awosme controls with the touch screen, but no! we must have these dodgy little buttons and crappy maps. i expect a good RTS that uses the bottom touch screen for control and the top for the minimap etc (oi, blizzard! ^^), a good rpg (golden sun anyone?), a cool online rpg (Animal Crossing doesn't really interest me), a fire emblem game :P, and of course, UT style online FPS.

What is with nintendo and their 'tap to shoot', wouldn;t it be more practicle to have you rest your stylus/thumb on the screen always to aim, d-pad/buttons to move, and then l or R to shoot? it's a more conventional control scheme. None of this 'intuitive' tapping :P.
                                              Oh, and the only game that looks half decent in the graphics department is Mario 64 :\.

And a mario party on the DS would own. Imagine all the touch screen stuff they could do, not to mention the online capabilities ^^.

so, erm, yeah. Do what i'm doing and wait till e3 before you judge. The PSP blows the DS away atm, but if it ever gets some good, real games on it, it'l win hands down :).

Two things

In metriod prime (only gun game released for it) you can change the controls. Example i use -d pad move, touch screen- aim and L and R to shoot.

Unreal tournament kicks ass. Better then halo.

#23   Lance 

• Squire
                                              • Pip

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:13 PM

I already have a DS, so I'll stick with it. I like Nintendo better anyways, I think Sony should suck a lemon.

Not really, all games are ok, but I'll stay with Nintendo. I already have one anyways, like I said. Everyone says "Get the PSP!" DS will always win IMO.

#24   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                                  • Location:Calabasas, California

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:36 PM

l3lueMage, on Apr 10 2005, 02:31 AM, said:

The GBA SP is always going to be a good system IMO for quite a while longer...it's not bad, it's actually still useful.

I have no idea how much these people see in the PSP. As I explained before, game systems are NOT for DVD's or music, they shoulod be for games only. I agree with ED that the PSP sales will eventually drop significantly. If you've noticed, Nintendo made a hell of a lot more of the better titles than Sony did, like The Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, etc. Sony only has few titles of their own that are good, like Star Ocean, Dynasty Warriors, etc. The PSP, IMO, is one of the most pointless systems because of the added junk that Sony put in.Seriously, the PSP isn't really that big of a deal. Actually, it really sucks. The DS had dual screens, can play games from other systems (GBS and GB), and it kicks so much more a**.

So...to all you people...DO NOT GET THE SONY PSP! It's a waste of money and that money can be used to buy more useful things...like the DS or another game.

#25   Mars_Fury 

• New User

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:23 PM

Neon, on Apr 9 2005, 06:44 PM, said:

What is with nintendo and their 'tap to shoot', wouldn;t it be more practicle to have you rest your stylus/thumb on the screen always to aim, d-pad/buttons to move, and then l or R to shoot? it's a more conventional control scheme. None of this 'intuitive' tapping :P.

I already have a DS, and you can choose to do just that, or the tap shoot.

Sony should try making cartridges instead of cds. you have all these disks that can be scratched and ruined easy, and all these memery sticks that you have to look through to find your game. Easyier to just have a chip in a safe little cartridge that has that game saved in it already.

#26   gsninja 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:38 PM

Not only that, but the PSP ruins the concept of a hand held video game system by using discs instead of cartridges, like every single hand held system used before the PSP. And yes, the discs can get ruined easily, but cartridges don't, so the DS is way, way more convinient than the PSP, which really blows...

#27   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                        • Location:Sydney, Australia
                                                        • AKA watch

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:45 PM

The ds can't play gb cartrigades. None of my gb games work with the ds, my gba games do but not gb.

#28   Enoch 

• Disciple
                                                          • Location:Never the same
                                                          • Interests:Serving my fellow man. What greater joy is there than this?

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:51 AM

The only thing that realy peaves me off about the PSP is it's 3 hour battery life. How many of you game for only 3 hours?.......................
                                                          ............................................ anyone! DS has 7 hours or so.
                                                          The psp has more mega pixals than the DS. Ds's touch screen is innovative as heck! But psp is better for sport games and racing games while it sucks with FPS, what with it's simple joypad. FPS goes to DS with the touch screene feature. But I could role either way when it comes to RPGs. So GS3 (only a wish) might come out for Ds, while Chrono trigger MX will come out for PSP (again, just a wish).

#29   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                            • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                            • Location:Aussieland

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:24 AM

i don't see what the problem is with having dvd and music in a game system.

i mean, what's better; a brilliant portable game console or a brilliant portable game console that also plays mp3s and dvds quite nicely ^^.

The only problem is that sony never makes 'brilliant game consoles'. Instead, they make something that's just average in all three areas :\.

...And the populous soaks it up like a sponge >_<.

EDIT: how awsome would it be if the DS had built in MP3? you'd save the mp3's onto a DS card or something, and have this classy touch screen interface ^^.
                                                            Select songs on the touch screen. Watch visualizations on the top screen :P

#30   Enoch 

• Disciple
                                                              • Joined: 26-April 04

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:48 AM

I like them both, but I like the ds a bit more, what with the longer battery life and the fps games are a bit of a passion that I have.

#31   l3lueMage 

• Disciple
                                                                • Joined: 19-January 05
                                                                • Location:San Jose, CA

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:54 AM

All I can say is this =D k there we go

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: DSRULEZ.JPG

This post has been edited by l3lueMage: 12 April 2005 - 09:56 AM

#32   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                  • Posts: 3,165
                                                                  • Joined: 10-October 04
                                                                  • AKA watch

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:47 PM

All i can say, is here we go
                                                                  CLICK ME

Another reason why psp will not compet. Wether or not it's true and they deicde to make it is another story.

#33   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                                                    • Posts: 4,875
                                                                    • Joined: 19-August 04
                                                                    • Gender:Male

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:30 PM

I would say not to add a built in MP3 player into the DS because it's a game system, not a multi purpose item. The battery life is also one of the things why I don't want to get the PSP. It's way too short compared to the other handheld game systems and most of us, like me, can actually play for more than 3-5 hours...

EDIT: If that adapter comes onto the market in the U.S., the PSP sales will probably drop because a DS and the adapter combined is cheaper than the PSP itself. At least it plays music with an adapter, not the system itself. Nonetheless, however, I would actually prefer the DS to just play games anyway...

#34   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                      • AKA watch

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:33 PM

But if people are going to buy the psp becuase of mp3 and movies why not compet with them?

#35   Blink 

• Disciple
                                                                        • Posts: 1,087
                                                                        • Joined: 23-January 05
                                                                        • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:37 PM

Honestly, I completely agree with a lot of posts on the first page. PSP can't really play DVDs, its like how it can't really play MP3s(I think) because you have to convert them all first or something.

Also, in agreeance with Neon's post, DS right now doesn't have much on it...oh wait, that's my post from last month. Here's my post from THIS month, Nintendo has show it can really take advantage of the system with Yoshi Touch and Go and Wario Ware Touched, both real games that play far more fully through than most people think, but, aren't 2 hour in a row games, which is perfect for portables. If you have a handheld, it should be portable. Waiting 5 min for someone at a meeting point? Beat your highscore in a straight run through of score attack on Yoshi touch and go.

PSP may be out there and shiny, but, it doesn't serve it's job well in my opinion. I must say, the graphics are amazing for the handheld, but, Sony seemed to think that should come, even at a price, and that price was portability. You can't throw the PSP in your backpack and not worry like you can the DS. It's far to fragile, and the battery life runs low. PSP is amazing, but, it's anything but portable.

I fear that with today's world, Portability is loosing its portability in the gaming world. Nintendo's DS has an "easy to lose stylus"(which I don't ever remember falling out of my hand. Seriously, that little shoulder at the top prevents that a LOT), and the PSP is feeble and weak, in battery and structure. Honestly, the more portable of the two is the DS, and the DS has a much brighter future too. PSP is nice, and graphics are something, but games are everything. If Golden Sun 3 came out on the SNES today, with the same system, I would still buy it. I would even buy a new Zelda game for the original gameboy(shades of green even) if it was made by Nintendo, because games are what really count.

Buy the PSP for some short term fun, but when you see 200 games on the horizon for the DS(literally, and probably up to 220 since then) you know that's promising, especially when they include; Animal Crossing DS Online, Viewtiful Joe Scratch, New Super Mario Bros, Kirby's Cursed Canvas(by HAL, and they're good at that stuff, check out IGN's test review), Goldeneye Rouge Agent, Metroid Hunters, Mario Kart DS, Another(what a hit it was in Japan! and the imports are said to be amazing! even through the language barrier!), Splinter Cell Chaos Theory(DS edition, that means it will use the DS's features!), Nintendogs, and Metroid Pinball(that might be quite fun if you can use bombs. A bombing pinball, what a cool idea!).

It's really up to you to decide, but the DS is worth the money. PSP I wouldn't be so sure of.

#36   l3lueMage 

• Disciple
                                                                          • Posts: 1,472

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:49 AM

okay thats true, I bet you cant drop a PSP down a Full flight of stairs that are cement...I did that with my GBA SP on accident, and my friend did it with his DS :P but everything still in full working condition...that just proves that the GB is better...Sony doesnt know how to make "strong systems".
                                                                          Ps2 sucked, my friend got mad and threw it and it broke, although dreamcast is not nintenod but it still shows a point, my dad got mad cause u couldnt find something or something, so he kicked it, modem wen tflying out dreamcast hit the wall made a dent, and it still worked perfectly...so um ya ^^

#37   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                                            • AKA watch

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:15 AM

I'm sure consoles aren't meant to be bashed around like that though. And ps2 is clearly the superior console :P

#38   Enoch 

• Disciple
                                                                              • Posts: 1,233

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:18 AM

I put my gameboy in a camera pack, I do the same for the ds anyways, and I will probobly do the same for my PSP. So screene scratching isn't realy a problem for me.

But I must be the handheld master, and thus I will buy this PSP. I don't do the console thing.

#39   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                • Posts: 11,988
                                                                                • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:49 AM

I agree with what Blink has said, but if you went out to buy something today you should probably go with the PSP. =/

Nintendo wasn't very smart to release the DS so early though. I'm dying to play a good game on it, but I have none! i^i

Anyway, I might buy one of the PSP soon... but not just yet. I'm saving up for LEGO Star Wars (What? It's a good game! Seriously!) and the Sims 2 Expansion.

#40   Illidan 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                  • Posts: 718
                                                                                  • Joined: 07-November 04
                                                                                  • Location:Between darkness and wonder...
                                                                                  • Interests:Anime, video games, sports, movies, urban music, hanging with friends, graphics design and many other things.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:29 AM

I honestly cannot choose between them either. Both have their up and downsides if you ask me. They're pretty much equal in my book. =)

#41   Enoch 

• Disciple

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:35 AM

I agree. I plan on getting them both. I see good things with both. In NY, people are jumping onthe PSP bandwagon, so I reckon I might as well get one.

#42   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:07 PM

here how about this?
                                                                                      if your only going to buy 1 of them, then decide through this.
                                                                                      Nintendo DS, will have tons of games, plus I dont think sega makes games for sony, so that is even more for the DS. Next which would you want, a stronger stable system that lasts long, or one that can break easily, therefore risking paying and replacing it, and you have all the games so you wouldnt just want to switch to DS after your psp broke or something is wrong iwth it...

#43   Enoch 

• Disciple

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:40 PM

Sega makes games for sony. At least last time I checked they did.

I don't know where the undurable thing about the PSP came from. It's just as durable as the DS. They both are rather high tech so both will break rather easily.
                                                                                        At least I'de figure so.

#44   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:07 PM

just to prove that DS is better "japanese always know"

ign.com said:

At least in Japan the DS seems to be the clear winner. An 800,000-unit difference between the two hardly compensates for the 10-day advantage the DS had when it was released, but you also stated that the PSP was still hard to find in Japan (well, the simple package anyways) so do you think that if Sony pushed out more PSP's it could take the lead or is stock not the real issue? Do you see a comeback coming for the PSP (especially considering the comparitively-dismall list of games coming for the DS) or is the PSP doomed to be the second-place console, though only second by a little bit?

#45   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                                                                            • Posts: 4,875
                                                                                            • Joined: 19-August 04

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

Come on, people, the PSP really has poor durability. I mean, I've dropped my DS so many times, and it was still functioning perfectly. You have to admit, one look at the PSP and you know it's liable to break easily. In the long run, the DS will probably get the better of the PSP eventually because better games are bound to come out for the DS. And then...there's the other thing...

Probably the only reason people are getting the PSP are these things: Music, DVDs, and graphics. They hardly show that the games are the things that matter. I don't know what's with these people. Games themselves have lost their true value, all because of all that extra junk that you can always use on something else, like a DVD player or a CD player. IMO, the PSP is a new low for Sony in my book...

The DS is a bit bigger than what would be portable, but the PSP is even a little bigger than the DS. The Game Boy Pocket up to the Game Boy Advance SP actually have very good portability, especially the SP, which could fold up and be even more portable than its predecessors.

Also, what's with these memory sticks and these game disks? Memory sticks are just stupid and pointless, but you need them because of the disks that can be destroyed easily....and need to have DVDs and music converted into them before you can play them on the PSP. Seriously, why didn't Sony just make the PSP a normal GAME system, not, as I said before, a multi-purpose item that is pointless as well as its memory stick...

So, all in all, just get the DS. It will most likely win in the long run against the PSP because the PSP doesn't have what it takes to survive the long run...

#46   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                              • Posts: 11,988
                                                                                              • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:38 PM

Actually, I need to hear better evidence than "one look at the PSP and you know it breaks easy", and really, the main arguement seems to be that "the PSP has extra junk that's not needed". Boo-hoo. C'mon people, stop being biased.

Although I myself am a little annoyed to see that the DS isn't getting as much credit as it deserves amongst most people. Being a somewhat moderate gamer between Sony and Nintendo (I dislike Xbox for the usual reasons), I'm hearing really stupid stuff from both sides of loyalty. From Sony fanboys I hear "The DS has two stupid screens! I can't keep an eye on both of them!" and from Nintendo I hear "What's with all the extra crap...?!". It's amusing hearing this stuff. ;)

I actually don't much about Sony's games for the PSP. Maybe there's a reason for that..? :P

#47   Enoch 

• Disciple

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:49 AM

I think that microsoft should make a handheld. Get some american blood in that aspect of the gaming industry. I am a longtime lover of videogames, but to see microsoft in there, it makes things better.

It's one step closer to outsourcing declining. For us at least.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                • You cannot reply to this topic