Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Answered]Windows Media Player Music Glitch This really gets on my nerves... o_o

#1   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Computers and anything science-related
    • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:20 PM

Well, whenever I exit Windows Media Player when I'm finished listening to my music, the music is STILL playing. This started happening only recently, but its VERY annoying. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I turned off al plug-ins, but it still wont stop. ><

#2   Power Piers 

• Squire
    • Pip

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:36 PM

Yes there is...just stop the music before closing out of hit, by hitting the stop or pause button...

#3   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
        • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:46 PM

No, I ALSO mean that when quitting, the now playing playlist is cleared automatically is well.

#4   Power Piers 

• Squire
        • Pip

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:20 PM

Well you never said that before...simply make a back-up playlist...or download iTunes.

#5   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
            • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:24 PM

Download iTunes = Not an option. iTunes sucks. >.>

And I bet you didnt know what i meant. I want to set it so that whenever I exit WMP, the music stops playing altogether, and the now playing list is cleared until I open it again. Its too inconveniant if I always have to manually clear it.

#6   Power Piers 

• Squire
            • Pip

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:28 PM

What?!
              You're saying...when you exit it, the playlist is cleared, but when you open it, it's back? That makes no sense...then it was never deleted. You said you have to manually clear it, when you said it clears automatically after you close. And it's not a matter of setting it to do something to stop playing, that happens to me too, all you have to do is click the STOP or PAUSE button before closing out of WMP.

#7   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
                • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:37 PM

NO!!! You dont even understand! I mean that when you exit WMP, I want the now playing list CLEARED and music spots playing. But, as of now, when I exit, the playlist isnt cleared, and the music continues playing, and this annoys me. And you didnt read my last post! Its too incinveniant to have to manually clear the now playing list or stop the music. >.> I want it so that when I quit, the now playing list is automatically cleared and the music that was playing automatically stops.

#8   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:55 PM

Now, calm down here, Gimli, or this will turn into a flame war with a misunderstood person.

The problem is you don't give WMP enough time to stop playing the music. Whenever you completely close it out all at once, it will act glitchy and continue to play. It's happened to me before, and I've learned my lesson.

You need to just simply press the Stop button on the controls. Then, once it has stopped, clear the playlist, and then exit out of the program. You need patience, or you'll be annoyed for the rest of ... well, whatever. Also, this happens if you have a rather sluggish computer. Patience is always, always, always best when dealing with a computer like that. Fussing about it and throwing everything across the room isn't gonna help, nor is taking it out on another member here.

But I suppose you don't really have a sluggish computer, and I suppose you do close it as instructed. If so, then you're on your own.

#9   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • Group: Admin

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

It takes my WMP 1-3 seconds to fully stop after I exit.

My "Now Playing List" is always cleared though. Give your computer more time as stated above.

#10   TobiasMar 

• Disciple
                      • AKA Gimli the Great

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:33 PM

Crimson Barrel Knight, on Apr 9 2005, 06:55 PM, said:

The problem is you don't give WMP enough time to stop playing the music. Whenever you completely close it out all at once, it will act glitchy and continue to play. It's happened to me before, and I've learned my lesson.

You need to just simply press the Stop button on the controls. Then, once it has stopped, clear the playlist, and then exit out of the program. You need patience, or you'll be annoyed for the rest of ... well, whatever. Also, this happens if you have a rather sluggish computer. Patience is always, always, always best when dealing with a computer like that. Fussing about it and throwing everything across the room isn't gonna help, nor is taking it out on another member here.

But I suppose you don't really have a sluggish computer, and I suppose you do close it as instructed. If so, then you're on your own.

Well, your way wrong. I ALWAYS close Windows Media player with the "x" button. It used to be that the music was automatically stopped and playlist was automatically cleared after I press the "X" button, which I find real conveniant., but now, it just continues on, and when I re-open WMP, I find it is still playing and the playlist is still there. And, I find it way too inconveniant to have to press "Stop" and "clear playlist" before exit like I stated above....I doubt you even read my post that carefully. (no offence) :P ...and I did wait more than 10 seconds for it to stop, but it never did, and I know it never will take that long for it to stop because my computer has a fast Pentium 4 processer. *is starting to get the feeling that it has to do with the MSNM music plug-in :angry:*

nick1presta, on Apr 9 2005, 08:46 PM, said:

It takes my WMP 1-3 seconds to fully stop after I exit.

My "Now Playing List" is always cleared though. Give your computer more time as stated above.

Well, it DIDN'T clear when I exited. Therefore, there has to be something wrong with WMP. Maybe it has to do with the MSNM Music plugin, so I'll un-install that (not MSNM, just the music plug-in for WMP) and see if it helps.

EDIT: I was right. It may have been a bug with the MSNM music plug-in. I definately won't get that again after that mess. >.<;;

Thread may be closed.

This post has been edited by Gimli the Great: 09 April 2005 - 10:41 PM

#11   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:27 PM

Dude, for one thing, you gotta stop being stubborn. Press the Stop button for one moment, then close it. I'm pretty sure you wasted GSSF's time complaining about how you got a serious glitch, when it was just a mistake that caused the program to crack-up. For God's sake ... :P

I'm done here.

#12   l3lueMage 

• Disciple

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:28 AM

Gimli, this happened to me it stops after a while...but check dis, I think one thing that causes it is u have "Loop" on, and ya, and it stops doing it after a while but it could be good, more window space XD

itunes is way better than WMP, first itunes takes less memory, i think and it runs faster...anyways if ur only using WMP then either stop then exit or deal with it on ur own because none of us really care if ur to lazy to press stop then exit.

#13   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:30 AM

l3lueMage, on Apr 10 2005, 02:28 AM, said:

...anyways if ur only using WMP then either stop then exit or deal with it on ur own because none of us really care if ur to lazy to press stop then exit.

Well-spoken on a sharp truth. Never underestimate the power of patience.

Page 1 of 1
                            • You cannot start a new topic
                            • This topic is locked