Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"america Has The Wrong Army" an interesing article....read it.

#1   Nobody 

• Chaos Lord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:55 PM

I just went to GSR, and found a topic with an interesting (and true) article. The guy who wrote it must be a genius. I posted a topic about this on HCF, and some of you are GSR members, so you may have already seen this.
    http://www.military.com/Opinions/0,14790,E...1405-P1,00.html
    Well, what do you guys think about this? It's an amazingly-written article IMO.

#2   Izar 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:51 AM

LOL! That article, is by far, crap. My brother was a marine, and the marines were not the "wrong" people that man says they are. it's just that americans today just don't care. If we were the wrong army, then we would not have won the war.

#3   Omega 

• Berserker
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:38 AM

Nononono. You don't have to win to be good. Bad people can win too you know.... Just like a really athletic person you hate. He can beat you up. Just like that. I don't really have any sides on this. As there is contraversy on this topic....

And another thing, you have NOT won the war ^_^. it's just a little calmer.

#4   Nobody 

• Chaos Lord
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:52 PM

Izar, it just depends on how you comprehend it. If you read the last part, you can see the guys was saying almost the exact oppisite of what you appearently thought. The guy who wrote it was a former Navy officer BTW.

#5   Andross 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:00 PM

Izar, on Apr 23 2005, 03:51 PM, said:

LOL! That article, is by far, crap. My brother was a marine, and the marines were not the "wrong" people that man says they are. it's just that americans today just don't care. If we were the wrong army, then we would not have won the war.

Izar, maybe you should actually READ the whole thing. The guy was going off on the CRITICS of the army, and how THEY say it's always wrong. He was the one defending the army, not slamming it.

#6   Nobody 

• Chaos Lord
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:16 PM

Exactly, Andross; you got it. Izar, "Never Judge a book by its title". I'm pretty sure you should know what that means.

#7   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:55 PM

Andross, on Apr 23 2005, 10:00 PM, said:

Izar, maybe you should actually READ the whole thing. The guy was going off on the CRITICS of the army, and how THEY say it's always wrong. He was the one defending the army, not slamming it.

OMG! Do you actually think I DIDN'T Read the whole article? Talking about judging, geez.

I thought the article was crap, and that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

#8   Nobody 

• Chaos Lord
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:29 PM

Izar, just to tell you, the title is using the critics' words against them, if that's not what you thought. That's why the title is "The Wrong Army".

#9   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:00 PM

Izar said:

My brother was a marine, and the marines were not the "wrong" people that man says they are.

Izar said:

OMG! Do you actually think I DIDN'T Read the whole article? Talking about judging, geez.

Okay, maybe I wasn't clear or you missed it:
                    The author of the article was not making degrading remarks against the army. The article was his own view on the critiques the media makes on America's army. It was a protest AGAINST those critiques, and a request for the support of our army as a whole. AKA, He thinks the marines are the "right" people.(Bolding and size adjustment was for emphasis, not mood or tone)

So basically, you make zero sense when you say the article is crap, and give your reason by saying the Marines aren't bad like the writer says they are. But the problem is he never says that; he goes off on the people who say things like that.

So either make yourself clear, or continue to leave your post in a state of extreme contradiction.

#10   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:09 PM

There is no right answer, not ever. Isn't that fun?

So small is wrong, large is wrong, and medium-sized is also wrong. Now you're starting to understand the game. Is this fun, or what?

I love the way that guy writes <3.

As for the content of the article itself well...I agree completely. He managed to put into words something that lies unconscious in my mind n.n. Something that is present and that I know about but I'm not aware of it.

My tiny little crap country depends on the U.S. though :D If someone decides to go mean on us, we will call Mommy and tell her to kick their asses n.n But then, mommy will get mad at us and we will organize a pity party. When the pity party's over, we will curse mommy for being so nice to us. <3

^ That means that we:
                      -don't have an army
                      -are complete hypocrites
                      -other self-explanatory things.

#11   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:55 PM

Where are you from again? Was it Central America or do you live in Puerto Rico? <-- Mentioning because Puerto Rico is a US territory.

But anyway, I think this guy hit the nail on the head. No army is perfect, so just because it has a flaw doesn't mean it will lead to a complete and pitiful downfall.

Now, do I think that the war in Iraq right now is being managed well? Not really, but only because the preparation was poor. Is the army handling it decent enough? Sure. I'll buy into that.

#12   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:36 PM

I read the entire artcle differently than ya'll. It does not mean i am wrong. The artcle is still crap, because his terms and writing are not very well thought of. it seems as if he wrote it in 5 minutes. I'm not in the mood, quit trying to correct me every chance you get.

#13   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:24 PM

I'm from Central America (PM me if you want the -actual- country) ... And, many people think we're Puerto Rico, but we're not :B. (if you get a map, you can sort it out by logic with what I just said.)

Page 1 of 1
                            • You cannot start a new topic
                            • You cannot reply to this topic