Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Female Characters Getting out of hand

Poll: Are they too good lookin'? (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Are they too good lookin'?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
    • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:30 AM

Alas, it is true: All Female characters are now are models created to get more attention in games.

Personally, I think it's getting out of hand. Well, it soon will be anyway.

Anyone agree?

#2   Colt the earth adept 

• Gallant
    • PipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:06 AM

Sad to say but yes, I noticed that some games having girls showing more skin. Kinda upsets me that the game industry has gone to that low.

#3   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:13 AM

Well I like it hoe sexy girl look in games. Dont you agree with me that when a girl is hot the male players would like the game more than if the main role is a ugly fat girl. :P

#4   Elliott 

• Cool
          • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
          • AKA Agatio

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:19 AM

I'm not attracted to fictional game characters =/ I prefer girls in the real world :P .

I don't really mind chics in games. As long as they aren't the main character kicking ass all the time, cause that is just so unrealistic.

*null*

#5   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
            • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
            • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:41 AM

DiddyKong, on May 3 2005, 09:13 PM, said:

Well I like it hoe sexy girl look in games. Dont you agree with me that when a girl is hot the male players would like the game more than if the main role is a ugly fat girl. :wub:

Ah, the power of Sex-appeal. Face the facts: it works.
            I will agree in that I'd prefer to have a gorgeous chick running aroung a screen than un-attractive chick. Its just human nature :wub:

However, I also beleive that it diverts from the real focus of gaming: Enjoyment. Have hot chicks in games is merely a lure to get people (mainly guys) to buy it.

Meh, like I said, Sex-appeal works. :P

#6   Master Firebender 

• New User
              • Location:In the Boat of the Banished Prince, trying to catch...Aang

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

Agatio, on May 3 2005, 06:19 AM, said:

I'm not attracted to fictional game characters =/ I prefer girls in the real world :wub: .

I don't really mind chics in games. As long as they aren't the main character kicking ass all the time, cause that is just so unrealistic.

*null*

*brings a girl to beat up MR* wow, that is unrealistic :P its not impossible.

#7   Venus_Man1 

• Chaos Lord
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:35 AM

I have no problem with the good lookin' chicks. However, I don't buy a game just because there's a hot chick in it. Only pathetic loosers do that.

#8   Master Firebender 

• New User
                  • Location:In the Boat of the Banished Prince, trying to catch...Aang

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:22 AM

I dont care if the game is only guyz in it, or only girls, or mixed, as long as the game is good!

#9   musicman2059 

• Chaos Lord
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:32 AM

Memories Remain said:

Meh, like I said, Sex-appeal works.

And your avatar proves it. :P

Anyway, when it all comes down to it, it really doesn't matter. All it really does is give players something to "look" at every now and then, and really there haven't been any major complaints yet.

Until female gamers start complining about it, developers (like Square-Enix, who is notorious for this) will just keep doing it.

#10   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                      • Group: Moderator
                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, it's obviously out of hand. :P But hey, all of you have to admit it, you like seeing good-looking girls in video games. (unless you're a minor, of course)

But what ticks me off is when it just gets down right demeaning. So, yeah, it's out of hand.

(By the way, probably everyone thinks it's out of hand, and if they don't they wouldn't voice an opinion on it unless they wanted their head bitten off)

#11   Fekijikiro9777 

• New User
                        • Location:Majoalla Desert On the Continent of Kimbora, Fandora Planet, Galashtikana System, Ubaroka Galaxy

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:11 PM

The Female characters do in fact show way too much skin, and are rather pververted-looking, but not necessarily "hot." I'm guessing pimps are most likely to say otherwise... I think this should stop unless game makers also do the same to the male characters. Nonetheless, it isn't right to show nudity in a game if someone at a young age can get access to that game one way or another. (i.e. if an older sibling bought it for the minor.) :P

#12   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                          • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
                          • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:46 PM

Memories Remain, on May 3 2005, 10:30 AM, said:

Alas, it is true: All Female characters are now are models created to get more attention in games.

Personally, I think it's getting out of hand. Well, it soon will be anyway.

Anyone agree?

Bet you got the idea for this topic from my old sig. :P

Also, you can say the same for male characters, they all look like models. Characters are idolised sometimes, people don't want a guy who looks like an ass to be their idol.

Let's face it, if you had a choice of being Jacko the Whacko and Justin Timberlake, you'd go for Justin because he is freshhh, Jacko is not fresh, he's decaying, literally.

#13   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                            • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:13 AM

Your old sig?:P

You mean your Kasumi one? Nah mate, I didn't, but its a good example though:) Dead or Alive is rich in breast-bouncing fun. But imagine if that was taken away, would the game still be as popular as it is now? I think not.

Some female characters are so idolised that people make sigs and Avatars out of them. Including me. Meh.

#14   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                              • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
                              • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:37 AM

I have alot of female sigs but I never post them up here since people are too uptight about everything. You know what the sad part is, they're only young right now, when they grow up they're gonna be the kind of person people call an asshole and never hang out with. :P

#15   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:22 AM

I once made a kasumi sig to tell the truth. You know the pic of her lying down holding herself? :P

It never got aired, thus It has been incinerated by the deadly trash compacting powers of my desktop recycle bin :P

#16   isaac2112 

• Gallant
                                • PipPipPip
                                  • Location:the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
                                  • Interests:the band led zeppelin. the band rush. <br /><br />2112<br /><br />[I. Overture]<br /><br />And the meek shall inherit the earth...<br /><br />[II. Temples of Syrinx]<br /><br />...'The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I <br />have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated <br />and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by <br />the benevolent wisdom of the priests...'<br /><br />We've taken care of everything<br />The words you hear, the songs you sing<br />The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes<br />It's one for all and all for one<br />We work together, common sons<br />Never need to wonder how or why<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />Look around at this world we've made<br />Equality our stock in trade<br />Come and join the Brotherhood of Man<br />Oh, what a nice, contented world<br />Let the banners be unfurled<br />Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />[III. Discovery]<br /><br />'...Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I <br />found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in <br />my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful...'<br /><br />'...I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound <br />differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds <br />and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait <br />to tell the priests about it!...'<br /><br />What can this strange device be?<br />When I touch it, it gives forth a sound<br />It's got wires that vibrate and give music<br />What can this thing be that I found?<br /><br />See how it sings like a sad heart<br />And joyously screams out its pain<br />Sounds that build high like a mountain<br />Or notes that fall gently like rain<br /><br />I can't wait to share this new wonder<br />The people will all see its light<br />Let them all make their own music<br />The Priests praise my name on this night<br /><br />[IV. Presentation]<br /><br />'...In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, <br />expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed <br />throughout the silent Temple Hall...'<br /><br />'...Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! <br />Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground <br />my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet...'<br /><br />I know it's most unusual<br />To come before you so<br />But I've found an ancient miracle<br />I thought that you should know<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Yes, we know, it's nothing new<br />It's just a waste of time<br />We have no need for ancient ways<br />The world is doing fine<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the plan<br /><br />I can't believe you're saying<br />These things just can't be true<br />Our world could use this beauty<br />Just think what we might do<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Don't annoy us further!<br />We have our work to do<br />Just think about the average<br />What use have they for you?<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the Plan!<br /><br />[V. Oracle: The Dream]<br /><br />'...I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see <br />the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase...'<br /><br />'...I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man <br />revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and <br />understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed <br />by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of <br />all these things...'<br /><br />I wandered home though the silent streets<br />And fell into a fitful sleep<br />Escape to realms beyond the night<br />Dream can't you show me the light?<br /><br />I stand atop a spiral stair<br />An oracle confronts me there<br />He leads me on light years away<br />Through astral nights, galactic days<br />I see the works of gifted hands<br />That grace this strange and wondrous land<br />I see the hand of man arise<br />With hungry mind and open eyes<br /><br />They left the planet long ago<br />The elder race still learn and grow<br />Their power grows with purpose strong<br />To claim the home where they belong<br />Home to tear the Temples down...<br />Home to change!<br /><br />[VI. Soliloquy]<br /><br />'...I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total <br />despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live <br />under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is <br />that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.'<br /><br />The sleep is still in my eyes<br />The dream is still in my head<br />I heave a sigh and sadly smile<br />And lie a while in bed<br />I wish that it might come to pass<br />Not fade like all my dreams...<br /><br />Just think of what my life might be<br />In a world like I have seen!<br />I don't think I can carry on<br />Carry on this cold and empty life<br /><br />My spirits are low in the depths of despair<br />My lifeblood...<br />...Spills over...<br /><br />[VII. The Grand Finale]<br /><br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br /><br />Whole Lotta Love <br />(Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin', <br />I'm gonna send you back to schoolin', <br />Way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />*Wanna Whole Lotta Love (X4) <br /><br />You've been learnin', baby, I bean learnin', <br />All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin', <br />Way, way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin', <br />All the good times I've been misusin', <br />Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you every inch of my love, <br />Gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />Way down inside... woman... You need... love. <br /><br />Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man. <br />Keep it coolin', baby. <br /><br />Black Dog <br />(Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove. <br />Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing, gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting. <br />Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away. <br /><br />*Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. <br /><br />I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill. <br />Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head. <br /><br />Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah. <br /><br />Hey, baby, oh, baby, pretty baby, Tell me won't you you do me now. <br /><br />Didn't take too long 'fore I found out, what people mean my down and out. <br />Spent my money, took my car, started telling her friends she wants to be a star. <br />I don't know but I been told, a big-legged woman ain't got no soul. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />All I ask for when I pray, steady rollin' woman gonna come my way. <br />Need a woman gonna hold my hand, won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man. <br /><br />Immigrant Song <br />(Page/Plant) <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, <br />To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming! <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore, <br />Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins, <br />For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:35 PM

ya. i agree it should stop. it is getting out a hand. anyone know about the final fantasy x and x-2. rikku before and after.

#17   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                    • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:31 PM

And she undressed... Lol

I think it's kinda getting out of hand. Thing Starcraft Ghost... That's getting annoying. It's like that in movies. It's mostly due to sexist ladies. Note they also hate video game. :)

#18   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:13 AM

Hey, the change in Riku and Yuna was good IMO, especially Yuna. Yes they are getting out of hand, but I really don't care. I buy games because of their story and reputation anyways.

#19   isaac2112 

• Gallant
                                      • PipPipPip
                                        • Location:the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
                                        • Interests:the band led zeppelin. the band rush. <br /><br />2112<br /><br />[I. Overture]<br /><br />And the meek shall inherit the earth...<br /><br />[II. Temples of Syrinx]<br /><br />...'The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I <br />have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated <br />and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by <br />the benevolent wisdom of the priests...'<br /><br />We've taken care of everything<br />The words you hear, the songs you sing<br />The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes<br />It's one for all and all for one<br />We work together, common sons<br />Never need to wonder how or why<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />Look around at this world we've made<br />Equality our stock in trade<br />Come and join the Brotherhood of Man<br />Oh, what a nice, contented world<br />Let the banners be unfurled<br />Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand<br /><br />We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx<br />Our great computers fill the hallowed halls<br />We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx<br />All the gifts of life are held within our walls<br /><br />[III. Discovery]<br /><br />'...Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I <br />found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in <br />my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful...'<br /><br />'...I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound <br />differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds <br />and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait <br />to tell the priests about it!...'<br /><br />What can this strange device be?<br />When I touch it, it gives forth a sound<br />It's got wires that vibrate and give music<br />What can this thing be that I found?<br /><br />See how it sings like a sad heart<br />And joyously screams out its pain<br />Sounds that build high like a mountain<br />Or notes that fall gently like rain<br /><br />I can't wait to share this new wonder<br />The people will all see its light<br />Let them all make their own music<br />The Priests praise my name on this night<br /><br />[IV. Presentation]<br /><br />'...In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, <br />expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed <br />throughout the silent Temple Hall...'<br /><br />'...Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! <br />Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground <br />my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet...'<br /><br />I know it's most unusual<br />To come before you so<br />But I've found an ancient miracle<br />I thought that you should know<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Yes, we know, it's nothing new<br />It's just a waste of time<br />We have no need for ancient ways<br />The world is doing fine<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the plan<br /><br />I can't believe you're saying<br />These things just can't be true<br />Our world could use this beauty<br />Just think what we might do<br />Listen to my music<br />And hear what it can do<br />There's something here as strong as life<br />I know that it will reach you<br /><br />Don't annoy us further!<br />We have our work to do<br />Just think about the average<br />What use have they for you?<br />Another toy will help destroy<br />The elder race of man<br />Forget about your silly whim<br />It doesn't fit the Plan!<br /><br />[V. Oracle: The Dream]<br /><br />'...I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see <br />the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase...'<br /><br />'...I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man <br />revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and <br />understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed <br />by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of <br />all these things...'<br /><br />I wandered home though the silent streets<br />And fell into a fitful sleep<br />Escape to realms beyond the night<br />Dream can't you show me the light?<br /><br />I stand atop a spiral stair<br />An oracle confronts me there<br />He leads me on light years away<br />Through astral nights, galactic days<br />I see the works of gifted hands<br />That grace this strange and wondrous land<br />I see the hand of man arise<br />With hungry mind and open eyes<br /><br />They left the planet long ago<br />The elder race still learn and grow<br />Their power grows with purpose strong<br />To claim the home where they belong<br />Home to tear the Temples down...<br />Home to change!<br /><br />[VI. Soliloquy]<br /><br />'...I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total <br />despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live <br />under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is <br />that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last.'<br /><br />The sleep is still in my eyes<br />The dream is still in my head<br />I heave a sigh and sadly smile<br />And lie a while in bed<br />I wish that it might come to pass<br />Not fade like all my dreams...<br /><br />Just think of what my life might be<br />In a world like I have seen!<br />I don't think I can carry on<br />Carry on this cold and empty life<br /><br />My spirits are low in the depths of despair<br />My lifeblood...<br />...Spills over...<br /><br />[VII. The Grand Finale]<br /><br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br />We have assumed control<br /><br />Whole Lotta Love <br />(Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin', <br />I'm gonna send you back to schoolin', <br />Way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />*Wanna Whole Lotta Love (X4) <br /><br />You've been learnin', baby, I bean learnin', <br />All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin', <br />Way, way down inside honey, you need it, <br />I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin', <br />All the good times I've been misusin', <br />Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love, <br />I'm gonna give you every inch of my love, <br />Gonna give you my love. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />Way down inside... woman... You need... love. <br /><br />Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man. <br />Keep it coolin', baby. <br /><br />Black Dog <br />(Jones/Page/Plant) <br /><br />Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove. <br />Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing, gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting. <br />Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away. <br /><br />*Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. <br /><br />I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill. <br />Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head. <br /><br />Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah. <br /><br />Hey, baby, oh, baby, pretty baby, Tell me won't you you do me now. <br /><br />Didn't take too long 'fore I found out, what people mean my down and out. <br />Spent my money, took my car, started telling her friends she wants to be a star. <br />I don't know but I been told, a big-legged woman ain't got no soul. <br /><br />* Chorus <br /><br />All I ask for when I pray, steady rollin' woman gonna come my way. <br />Need a woman gonna hold my hand, won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man. <br /><br />Immigrant Song <br />(Page/Plant) <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, <br />To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming! <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />Ah, ah, <br />We come from the land of the ice and snow, <br />From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow. <br />How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of gore, <br />Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your overlords. <br /><br />On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore. <br /><br />So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins, <br />For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing.

Posted 22 August 2005 - 11:37 AM

Eugine, on Aug 22 2005, 05:13 AM, said:

Hey, the change in Riku and Yuna was good IMO, especially Yuna. Yes they are getting out of hand, but I really don't care. I buy games because of their story and reputation anyways.

what? rikku looks better then yuna!

#20   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:16 PM

Yes she does, I was saying that the change they made for Yuna was really really good since her FFX look was extremely old and 80s, it made her look too nunish -_-

#21   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                            • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 22 August 2005 - 04:52 PM

I'll just state one thing.

Girls in video games are racy and, scantily clad, and nowadays many have built in jiggles, if you catch my drift. But guys have the same stereotype anyhow. So many of them are muscular, raggedy, or have the pretty boy thing going on. No one really complains about that however...

So when you think about it, complaining about one certain stereotype and not complaining about the other doesn't make sense. O.o Well, the stereotypes on women actually affect their lives... so I suppose, when it comes down to it, both stereotypes should be eliminated (for lack of better word XD).

Anyway, you guys are getting off-topic.

#22   Tachyon360 

• Slayer
                                            • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:37 AM

I voted "No. what are you talking about?" I was going to present the argument Wind Dude gave, but then I saw he already posted it, so I'll present another argument:

Many of you are only making it out to be a bid at sex appeal because that's your image of women. Sure you can argue that you're not a sexist pig, that you believe women are being misrepresented in videogames, but you wouldn't be denouncing the way videogames currently portray women if you wouldn't think of it as sexy, deep down inside.

Here's a dose of reality: Women have breasts (and breasts bounce), and women have wider hips and curvier forms than men. Granted, not all women have perfect forms and not all women are especially pretty, but not all female game characters are either. The majority are so, however, for the same reason that the majority of male characters also have ideal forms: people would rather their heros look appealing than ugly.

This, of course, ties back into Wind Dude's argument: Why complain about female characters having attractive designs when male characters have just the same?

#23   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:44 PM

I'll rather see good looking characters in games anyday than normal people who aren't attractive or appealing in anyway.

Actually come to think of it, I never actually saw any ugly female characters in any of the games I played as far as I recall...

Actually, there's one -- The Wind Waker Zelda -_-

Anyways, Wind Dude and Tachyon pretty much explained it pretty well, can't go against anything they said. :)

#24   Papercut 

• Knight
                                                • PipPip

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:17 PM

I can't say it bothers me.

I'd much rather not pay $50 and have to look at some ugly people for who-knows-how-many hours of game-time.

Granted, I like less-curved ladies, and some grossly exaggerated female characters that have popped up certainly don't cause me to spasm and fork over the dough for whatever the game may be, like some horny kids might inevitably do.

Rikku, however, is a perfect example of sex (properly used) to enhance a game. The game (X, not X-2) would have been virtually the same without her, but she sure as hell made for some excellent eye-candy that kept me playing.

All in all, I agree with the argument that males are equally stereotyped (not so much in volume but in consistency) in games, and that... who wants to stare at ugly people for that long?

#25   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                    • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                                                    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:25 AM

http://c-uncut.com/media/sc2-taki.jpg

Women have breasts. get over it.

#26   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:27 AM

Papercut, on Aug 23 2005, 07:17 PM, said:

Granted, I like less-curved ladies, and some grossly exaggerated female characters that have popped up certainly don't cause me to spasm and fork over the dough for whatever the game may be, like some horny kids might inevitably do.

Yeah, the breast size they put in some video games kinda creeps me out.

BUT, like Tachyon said, I think that the "breast physics" is alright. In fact, I support it, as long as it doesn't bounce to the characters smallest movement. Unfortunately I don't think I've seen a game that hasn't exaggerated it. >.> Or maybe it's because they have too large of breasts so it's actually accurate when they do. =P

#27   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:04 PM

i have never played, say, Soul Calibur, but whenever i see a screenshot somewhere, the only visible things are these two monstrous breasts... and i don't like exaggeration... i think the game could be as equally appealing even if they reduced the breast sizes a bit. Anyways, I don't much care about how they make their characters look, or how they dress them, it's just a GAME. It's not even real. That said, I don't think games are "getting out of hand". No ofence, but i think only catholics have an objection against today's ways of character design.

#28   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                          • Joined: 22-February 05
                                                          • Location:Right behind you ... again.
                                                          • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:23 PM

It's basically like my one friend stated ...

These days, people just want video games with sex, boobs, and  big guns.

If you look at a game like, say, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, and you look at the one female role's demon's breasts, that absolutely bring up tons of perverted things, but many of them are disturbing.

See what I mean. Click the link at your own risk.

http://www.classicga...ten/argilla.jpg

#29   Papercut 

• Knight
                                                          • PipPip
                                                            • Joined: 07-February 04

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:00 AM

Eothain, on Aug 24 2005, 10:04 PM, said:

No ofence, but i think only catholics have an objection against today's ways of character design.

And mothers with far too much time on their hands. >_<

Once again, it doesn't bother me, but sex sells. Without question. Sex sells. If they can throw in some boobies to make more people spend money on their games, it's their own deal.
                                                            ^_^

#30   Neo 

• Disciple
                                                              • Joined: 07-March 04
                                                              • Location:Netherlands
                                                              • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:01 AM

I think the creators of the new Tomb Raider are a lot smarter then the usual developer. They resized Lara's breasts to a smaller volume, and she still looks like a marvalous game-character. I think more developers should think about looking less at the sex-aspects, and go for gameplay&graphics instead. Even if you are playing a girl, you will only see the back of her 8 out of 10 times. (That is, ofcourse, if you don't play fighting games or FF games). They can better give her a nice ass and make the front a little more flat.

#31   Dullahan 

• Disciple
                                                                • Joined: 22-June 04
                                                                • Location:may scare you
                                                                • Interests:football, rock and punk music, videogames, snooker, golf.

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:24 AM

i really don't care what the characters look like, if you're sad enough to buy a game because it has pretty COMPUTER GENERATED women in it, then get a girlfriend.

#32   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                  • Posts: 2,770
                                                                  • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                  • Location:London, UK
                                                                  • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:03 AM

Crimson Barrel Knight, on Aug 25 2005, 03:23 AM, said:

It's basically like my one friend stated ...
                                                                  If you look at a game like, say, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, and you look at the one female role's demon's breasts, that absolutely bring up tons of perverted things, but many of them are disturbing.

See what I mean. Click the link at your own risk.

http://www.classicga...ten/argilla.jpg

Hahahaha! That's gotta be classic! "Want to suck my nipples? Well you can't because my nipples will EAT YOU!" XD

#33   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                    • Posts: 11,988
                                                                    • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:36 PM

Neo_Genesis, on Aug 25 2005, 01:01 AM, said:

I think the creators of the new Tomb Raider are a lot smarter then the usual developer. They resized Lara's breasts to a smaller volume, and she still looks like a marvalous game-character. I think more developers should think about looking less at the sex-aspects, and go for gameplay&graphics instead. Even if you are playing a girl, you will only see the back of her 8 out of 10 times. (That is, ofcourse, if you don't play fighting games or FF games). They can better give her a nice ass and make the front a little more flat.

That was just what I was thinking. XD In the latest Tomb Raider, Angel of Darkness or whatever... Lara's boobs bounced when she was in mid-jump and such, but you couldn't see it unless the camera was in certain angles, and most of the time the camera is on Lara's back anyway.

Anyhow, I recently looked this up: It's supposedly a scientific fact that their are many more hot women than attractive guys. This would explain why generally women are less shallow than guys, and that would explain why male strippers aren't nearly as successful as women strippers. It would explain why guys aren't stereotyped in the same manner that women are, but when it comes down to it both stereotypes should be equally approached.

#34   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                      • Posts: 8,895
                                                                      • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:29 PM

Well over actractive men usually turn out very femimine.

Look at Lucius from Fire Emblem, practically all my friends taught he was a girl at first.

Also the weirdest of them all, the star in Castlevania for PS2. So I really don't think they should put attractive attractive men in games.

#35   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                        • Posts: 568
                                                                        • Joined: 06-April 05

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:35 PM

that is certainly true... it's also seen in anime a lot...usually, the better looking the guy is, the more feminine he looks...guess it's just the japanese way of depicting a good looking guy...

#36   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                          • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:40 PM

Well they call it bishounen. Here's a difinition of the internet:
                                                                          The literal translation is Beautiful Boy. Bishounen are found in all types of manga and anime and can be quite masculine, they are not necessarily "effeminate" males but sometimes are. Bishounen are the focus in shounenai or Boy's love manga... see the definition of yaoi.

Here's what is yaoi in the mean time:
                                                                          Also known as shounenai or boy's love. Yaoi manga features romantic love between male characters. These homo-erotic titles which can sometimes be quite explicit are enjoyed by a great number of women in Japan, in fact, there are many more female readers of yaoi manga than there are male readers. There is no equivalent to shounenai in the world of Western comic books.

I have a friend who's anubis and enjoy yaoi so much, not my type of shows though, but that's a different topic. ^_^

#37   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:45 PM

oh, i know what those are...but still, in general, even in non-anubis oriented anime, it still happens...so it does in games too. Look at...Star Ocean 3, for example... Cliff Fittir... if his arms weren't that big, he could VERY easliy be cinfused with a female...so could Fayt...but well...he DOES have his female counterpart int he game, which is Maria...so, if they made him just a BIT more feminine, we'd have 2 Marias...

#38   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                                                              • Posts: 2,428
                                                                              • Joined: 04-June 04
                                                                              • Location:'straya
                                                                              • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:31 AM

Quoth the Dullahan; 'i really don't care what the characters look like, if you're sad enough to buy a game because it has pretty COMPUTER GENERATED women in it, then get a girlfriend.'
                                                                              So true.
                                                                              If someones gonna buy a game because the girls have sex-appeal.
                                                                              Then that person doesn't deserve to live.
                                                                              They're to DESPERATE!

#39   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:36 AM

hahaha, I'd say they "need to get laid", but i wouldn't go to the extent of saying they don't deserve to live...

#40   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 26 August 2005 - 10:54 AM

Well, a guy can be good-looking without looking feminine, you know. It's called "handsome". XD Let's get that straight.

We guys may appreciate the way girls look for being feminine, but we don't know what girls like though, right? ^_^ They probably would like their guys to not look like girls, unless they're lesbians anyway.

#41   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                                                                                    • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 26 August 2005 - 11:20 AM

Not in Japanese Anime/Games though. You hardly see any "handsome" guys these days in their games.

#42   Zxor 

• Disciple
                                                                                      • Posts: 1,588
                                                                                      • Joined: 10-November 04

Posted 26 August 2005 - 11:28 AM

I voted for No, what are you thinking one. It shouldn't stop because a lot of people, some really sick, buy those games because of that. If the game had an ugly women in it, instead of a majorly beautiful game character, than nobody would buy it. Like there is a new game that has all those women fighting, with their breasts and all, who would buy that game if there were grossly ugly women fighting?¿?

#43   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                        • Posts: 2,686
                                                                                        • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                                        • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                                        • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 26 August 2005 - 11:50 AM

I don't mind games with such girls stated here. When you're the appropriate age you can learn to live with that. Where things like this become unhealthy is when kids get ahold of these games and see these sexual scenes. Needless sexual content. Example, Xenosaga(PS2) There is a female character who is a robot. Why does a robot have a thong showing?

#44   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                          • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:57 PM

By the way I don't want them to tone down on shiz. We British love Dead or Alive, we love the huge monstrous bouncing tits, we love the curvy ass and we sure as hell love seeing a sexy female game character kicking the living shiz out of another sexy female game character.

Hooray for videogame vixens!

#45   Lemontime 

• Disciple
                                                                                            • Posts: 2,428
                                                                                            • Joined: 04-June 04
                                                                                            • Location:'straya
                                                                                            • AKA sibsag, Lemontime

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:24 AM

<Waste of time> Heh. Anubis said Tits.

Meh, I respect that you're turned on by video-game characters, but I for one am not. I could just go into town, walk around a bit and guarantee I'd see some 'hot babes'.

Simple. I have to say, though, why not just put a sexuality setting in games and have parents set it or something, I dunno. My ideas are usually pretty lame. But I.. I got nothing.

</Waste of time>

#46   Ravenblade 

• Disciple
                                                                                              • Posts: 2,489
                                                                                              • Joined: 08-November 04

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:09 AM

Anubis, on Aug 28 2005, 03:57 AM, said:

By the way I don't want them to tone down on shiz. We British love Dead or Alive, we love the huge monstrous bouncing tits, we love the curvy ass and we sure as hell love seeing a sexy female game character kicking the living shiz out of another sexy female game character.

Hooray for videogame vixens!

We do...?XD

hmm...Well i guess i can see why people would - its the same as liking anime characters (dont deny it - you know you do =P). People with girlfriends, i would hope, would be lesslikely to look as far as video games (and anime) for that kind of satisfaction though. You wouldnt need to would you? If you're single then yeah i guess i could understand it =/

let people be creative though^^ Improve them if they can...heck it would just make it more like real life...

#47   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                • Posts: 3,345
                                                                                                • Joined: 26-February 04

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:55 AM

True. people with girlfriends don't care to see nice looking women on games, we already got one. :P

I think though, some games staring women are good. The OLD Tomb Raider games were good. The movie just sucked.

#48   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                  • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:03 AM

sibsag, I agree, your ideas are pretty lame. So just nod your head and agree instead of suggesting such crap in the presense of a God. :P

So we want to keep the huge tits.

*sibsag nods*

We deffinately like to see more curvy ass'

*sibsag nods*

Damn right.

#49   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                    • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:17 PM

Dead or Alive: Extreme beach volleyball. It's all good. Playboy Mansion. To extra. Who wants to see a video game sprite get laid when they could be the ones getting laid. Reality over fiction. Which one would you choose? Anubis don't answer for we all know which is better. So do the ladies.

#50   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:46 PM

Echo_djinn, on Aug 30 2005, 06:17 PM, said:

Reality over fiction. Which one would you choose?

FICTIONahimjusskidding...reality of course..you can't really go at it with a computer generated chick, can ya?

#51   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                                                        • Posts: 6,678
                                                                                                        • Location:Room 101
                                                                                                        • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                                                                                                        • AKA Agatio

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:18 PM

Sex sells, it's something we have to live with.

I for one would choose a game with hot chics over one with ugly chics. Not because I'm attracted to them or anything, it's just that as a guy, I prefer good looking over ugly, that's just the way we are.

I don't play a lot of games anymore, but this situation also applies to movies, or even music. It's sick in a way, because it's making out as though women need to be good looking to go anywhere in the world; and that can't be helping the self-esteem of less attractice females.

#52   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:25 PM

yeah, it's very true. Heck, we even see that in sports...female tennis players doing photo shoots...COME ON!! play tennis, that's what you're good at.

#53   pHantOm 

• Disciple
                                                                                                            • Posts: 1,227
                                                                                                            • Joined: 28-June 05
                                                                                                            • Location:State College, PA

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:36 PM

I dont like big boobs, No offence to anyone that does but I just dont see what the deal is with them. I find them actually gross and tacky, I prefer petite short girls with average looks and a great face. I have a girlfriend, so I dont need to have these bimbos jumping around on the screen. My GF feels the same way, she plays games aswell and she talks about how its the same thing with male characters, and how they all have 6 packs and are extremely tall and muscular. Im not really muscular (150 pounds at 6 feet) which isnt that bad, I play ice hockey so im in shape and stuff. But, the face is what I look for, not the boobs. That comes second. I like B-C cups, any larger I feel they are too big for their body...and A cups are as if they are a man. I may not be perverted, But im still a guy lol.

#54   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:53 AM

double post'd...anyways, what we've learned from this thread so far: -sex sells
                                                                                                              -people who have a partner (gf/bf) usually don't give a crap about the porn-star-looking characters
                                                                                                              -we all prefer "reality over fiction"
                                                                                                              -game character designers need to stop watching porn and give us better GAMES, better STORYLINES, instead of bigger boobs/better looking characters

#55   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:37 AM

pHantOm, on Sep 2 2005, 05:36 PM, said:

I dont like big boobs, No offence to anyone that does but I just dont see what the deal is with them. I find them actually gross and tacky, I prefer petite short girls with average looks and a great face. I have a girlfriend, so I dont need to have these bimbos jumping around on the screen. My GF feels the same way, she plays games aswell and she talks about how its the same thing with male characters, and how they all have 6 packs and are extremely tall and muscular. Im not really muscular (150 pounds at 6 feet) which isnt that bad, I play ice hockey so im in shape and stuff. But, the face is what I look for, not the boobs. That comes second. I like B-C cups, any larger I feel they are too big for their body...and A cups are as if they are a man. I may not be perverted, But im still a guy lol.

Hah, I prefer face over the bust too. I undoubtedly prefer C cups because they're not too big, they just usually match the body (I don't actually know what the cups size actually is, I'm just guessing. I'm a 14-year old guy ya know). I don't know, a girl who doesn't have boobs (or VERY small ones) just seems weird. Unless they're Asian of course, Asians make it work. ^_^

Anyway, back on topic.

We've also agreed that it's okay to play video games with vixens if the dude is single. Otherwise he doesn't need it.

#56   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:16 PM

Wind Dude, on Sep 3 2005, 10:37 AM, said:

We've also agreed that it's okay to play video games with vixens if the dude is single. Otherwise he doesn't need it.

hahaha, otherwise his gf gets jealous of a computer generated chick!

#57   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 03 September 2005 - 03:27 PM

um... Yeah...

Only Chicks that i think, in games, were ok-looking for game characters is Tifa, Aeris, Lara Croft(first few), and... That's it...

#58   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 03 September 2005 - 04:09 PM

The new Lara looks good too. ^_^ The smaller breasts look great.

#59   Eothain 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:40 PM

Izar, on Sep 3 2005, 04:27 PM, said:

Only Chicks that i think, in games, were ok-looking for game characters is Tifa, Aeris

i know those are from ffVII, cause i'm playing it right now...but i don't think they're ok-looking characters...they're just..."blocky" things...for all i know they could be friggin legos...well...they do look pretty nice in the cutscenes, but FFVII has fairly few cutscenes, taking into account the length of the game.

#60   Papercut 

• Knight
                                                                                                                        • PipPip
                                                                                                                          • Posts: 96

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:48 PM

More of my insight is needed.

Choosing fiction over reality, like it or not, is what many people do, and not just with this tits situation. We don't have to get into that, though. Yet.

Also, saying that guys with sweet-hearts don't need video game vixens is preposterous! Guys cheat on girls all the damn time, so there's no reason to assume that once one has a girlfriend, one is immune to attraction. Get it?

The stance that computer generated women are, by design, inferior to "real" girls is also invalid. Computer generated females can, to the creator, be perfect. There may be no such thing in real life as the perfect girl in your eyes (each feature of said girl at the pinnacle of attraction to you), whereas this can be accieved by a skilled creator.

To those of you boasting about having aforementioned romantic endeavors (i.e. girlfriends), both those who have and haven't hidden their age: grow up. Whatever relationship you are currently in will, undoubtedly, end. Attempting to act "above" pixelated attraction because of this endeavor only makes you look insecure about your situation.

This is getting long and drawn out, and my ring finger hurts at the tip, causing pain with every "s" "w" and "x" I type... so I'll cut it short, for now. Tune in later for more ranting - same bat time, same bat channel.

#61   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 04 September 2005 - 12:47 PM

Papercut, on Sep 3 2005, 11:48 PM, said:

Choosing fiction over reality, like it or not, is what many people do, and not just with this tits situation. We don't have to get into that, though. Yet.

Also, saying that guys with sweet-hearts don't need video game vixens is preposterous! Guys cheat on girls all the damn time, so there's no reason to assume that once one has a girlfriend, one is immune to attraction. Get it?

The stance that computer generated women are, by design, inferior to "real" girls is also invalid. Computer generated females can, to the creator, be perfect. There may be no such thing in real life as the perfect girl in your eyes (each feature of said girl at the pinnacle of attraction to you), whereas this can be accieved by a skilled creator.

To those of you boasting about having aforementioned romantic endeavors (i.e. girlfriends), both those who have and haven't hidden their age: grow up. Whatever relationship you are currently in will, undoubtedly, end. Attempting to act "above" pixelated attraction because of this endeavor only makes you look insecure about your situation.

This is getting long and drawn out, and my ring finger hurts at the tip, causing pain with every "s" "w" and "x" I type... so I'll cut it short, for now. Tune in later for more ranting - same bat time, same bat channel.

I take my hat off to you for having the guts to say all that. Really, that was awesome.

#62   pHantOm 

• Disciple

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:50 PM

Papercut, on Sep 4 2005, 12:48 AM, said:

Now, I have never even had to hide my age and I feel 17 is EASILY old enough to understand parts of a relationship. Ive had quite a few in the past, and as I have said I dont like large breasts in real life or in a video game. So just because I have a GF doesnt mean it changes my views of situations such as these. And indeed, relationships do end and they always will. Its part of life, and ive learned it the hard way trust me. ^_^ The large breasts are what Im not attracted to in a video game thats stereotypical, its the face and looks of them overall. Thus, if the graphics are good I do find them attractive. For example, I found Xiang Ua *Spelling* attractive in that game, I found Ivy and Taki to be utter nasty ugly whores *which...Ivy was both.* So im not saying im "above" pixelated attraction, Im saying Im not into the large breasts...which is the primary complaint about this topic.

#63   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 05 September 2005 - 12:15 PM

Funny how mostly males have commented in this topic. Ever wonder why most females don't tend to play a lot of video games even though there has been an increase with games having female heroines. It's because of this problem. Even though this can become a problem it all about marketing. Sexy girls sell and it always will.

#64   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:01 PM

Anyway, it's not only the appearance of the ladies, there also seems to be a lack of personality in most video game ladies as well.

They are either totally preppy, or they just don't have personality period. Like, they don't have a weakness anywhere. Anyone else noticed this?

#65   Sea of Time 

• Lebron James
                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 10,366
                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 04-October 04
                                                                                                                                    • Location:Winnipeg, MB

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:54 PM

I definitely have, over the last couple of years, the only female character I know of that has shown some wits is Samus Aran, and we never even hear her speak! Sex does sell, though, and as long as that is true, video game vixens will sell video games, plain and true.

#66   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:45 PM

I don't mean like that, I mean, the personality actually.

#67   Zxor 

• Disciple

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

View PostWind Dude, on Sep 11 2005, 11:01 PM, said:

Anyway, it's not only the appearance of the ladies, there also seems to be a lack of personality in most video game ladies as well.

They are either totally preppy, or they just don't have personality period. Like, they don't have a weakness anywhere. Anyone else noticed this?

That is true, you never find girls that arn't sexually in games often, unless they are from a movie. And, the famale characters are gtting out of hand, but if it wasn't out of hand, there wouldn't be many sellers like there are, and what about those lonely single men.. :lol:

#68   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                          • Posts: 2,333
                                                                                                                                          • Joined: 27-January 04
                                                                                                                                          • Location:California, USA
                                                                                                                                          • AKA Horasu

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:50 PM

I don't mind them. >=D But really, it's all about demand. There are people there that would appreciate the female character's lack of clothing. There's a lot of those kinds of people, y'know.

#69   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                            • Posts: 4,002
                                                                                                                                            • Joined: 23-June 05
                                                                                                                                            • Location:Somewhere in Europe
                                                                                                                                            • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:07 AM

I read a thing about this in a magazine i bought a while a go,
                                                                                                                                            there was this article about the 10 biggest game cliches, here I'll list for you:
                                                                                                                                            1. Exploding Barrels (seen in Doom 3 (XB, PC) Halo 2 (XB)
                                                                                                                                            2. Pushing Crates (seen in God of War (PS2)
                                                                                                                                            3. Bullet Time (seen in MC3: Dub edition (PS2, XB) POP: WW (PS2, XB, GC, PC)
                                                                                                                                            4. Ridiculous portrayels of Females (seen in Soul Caliber II) Women have breast, get over it ^_^
                                                                                                                                            5. Collecting things (seen in Pschonauts)
                                                                                                                                            6. Out-of-Place puzzels (seen in RE4)
                                                                                                                                            7. Boss has multiple forms ( MP2: echos)
                                                                                                                                            8. Unnecessary stealth (GTA: SA, zelda:WW
                                                                                                                                            9. Hero's town destroyed (FFX)
                                                                                                                                            10. Big head mode (EA sports Fight night)

And as an illustration with number 4 there was a ninja women with boobs 1.5x as big as her head, I can see that getting in the way with your shurikens, allthough you could hide a lot of them in there :P

#70   Zxor 

• Disciple

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:31 PM

Lol, that is true, the boobs are really huge. But, THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT. That is what will get the games sold. Nothing wrong with it.

#71   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:50 AM

I just a look at some traliers for the game Dead or Alive 4. Now it was sick to see Ninja Black Gadian in the game but the girls in that game.....wow. There is a black female masked wrestler......lets just say she takes it to new extremes. Still, if you look beyond that it looks like a sick game.

#72   kate 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                  • Posts: 2,900
                                                                                                                                                  • Joined: 24-July 04
                                                                                                                                                  • Gender:Female
                                                                                                                                                  • Location:over thar
                                                                                                                                                  • Interests:rpgs (duh :P), internet (my precioussss)...other things computer related...and penguins! (penguin'd)
                                                                                                                                                  • AKA The Best Woman Ever.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:16 AM

Dead or Alive is the epitemy of girl objectification. that or gta. Newho, the skankiness of girls in games is a little unsettling, but hey, it does sell the game. Besides, girls can still kick abs in games even if they are wearing a bikini. Plus then they're even awesomer, because they're kicking abs like the guys, but doing it in high heels :P However, what makes me mad is in games like final fantasy, where if there's a girl in your group, she's automatically weaker the guys strength and defense wise. That's just discrimination. And hey, if we're talking about girls, let's talk about guys. Has anyone noticed how they're getting increasingly girlier? Like ffXII. The main guy, I swore he was a girl when I first saw him. I mean, effeminate guys are the awesome, but they still need to be guys :P

#73   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 2,333
                                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 27-January 04
                                                                                                                                                    • Location:California, USA
                                                                                                                                                    • AKA Horasu

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

That's true. I can't count how many times I couldn't tell genders apart, and there were some times where I'm almost sure a person was a girl, and all of a sudden, BAM! Omg a boy! Well, at least males won't begin to dress like females...

...Right?

#74   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

I heard that the Y chromosome is disappearing. So in 5 million to 10 million years there won't be anymore guys, humans are just going be girls.

So guys are getting increasingly more feminine. XDD

I hate it when the guy characters are so masculine. I also hate it when the female character's boobs takes up half of the screen, it's too hard to see anything. =P

#75   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:31 PM

I don't know about that. Games like Halo and Splinter Cell are games where the males are the alpha males. You can't go all fruity when you are killing aliens or assinating people. :P

#76   Arkarian 

• Knight
                                                                                                                                                        • PipPip
                                                                                                                                                          • Posts: 105
                                                                                                                                                          • Joined: 01-July 04
                                                                                                                                                          • Location:Behind the hair
                                                                                                                                                          • Interests:Books, Games, Manga (fav=Shoujo-ai) and Anime

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:28 AM

Have you ever thought that the reason the girls in games look good is because it is easier to do graphically, for example are computer games in this day and age able to realistically replicate features such as moles, spots, freckles, bad skin and yellowing teeth, its these sorts of things which tend to be noticed and sway you over whether or not someone looks good or merely nice, I sure there lack WOULD be intentional if they had the capability to replicate them but for now it does sort of add to why they are continually attractive. I'm sure there can't be many games with the ability to show a spot without it looking like a pixel out of place. I agree with the man women thing, I thought Kuja was a girl throughout most of Final Fantasy 9 until I was told by someone she was a he.

#77   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                                            • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:03 PM

You can actually make a person's texture so that the face appears ugly, such as in Zelda. Practically everything you saw was a texture, not the shape.

Blah, I doubt I really know what I'm talking about. XP

#78   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                                                                                                                              • Posts: 4,301
                                                                                                                                                              • Joined: 05-September 05
                                                                                                                                                              • Location:where horses with broken legs go =D
                                                                                                                                                              • Interests:research it
                                                                                                                                                              • AKA Dullahan

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:29 AM

Well, as i see it, you can just ignore most of them genres, but with RPGs they can stick with usual almost cliche female characters and be critised for being unoriginal or they design characters who are easier on the eye and critised for being "outrageous" FFX-2 is a good example.

#79   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:33 PM

There's no set female cliche that I see. Tomb raider has some shooter girl, FF7 has a fighter and a healer. I don't think it's getting outta hand really, If they want a girl character, then who cares? I won't try to stop them.

#80   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                                                                                                                                  • AKA Dullahan

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:56 AM

View PostIzar, on Nov 12 2005, 09:33 PM, said:

There's no set female cliche that I see. Tomb raider has some shooter girl, FF7 has a fighter and a healer. I don't think it's getting outta hand really, If they want a girl character, then who cares? I won't try to stop them.

you've just said two, healer and fighter and i can't be arsed listing examples

#81   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                                                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:53 AM

View PostIzar, on Nov 12 2005, 03:33 PM, said:

I don't think it's getting outta hand really, If they want a girl character, then who cares? I won't try to stop them.
                                                                                                                                                                    I don't think you understand. It's not about having girls in games, it's what they're wearing and how they behave.

#82   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:10 PM

Most female characters in video games today have exaggerated body parts and barely any clothing. I have also noticed that there seems to be a pattern in personalities with female heroines. There is usually one female character who is a complete idiot or very clumsy in most video games.

#83   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                                                        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 19 November 2005 - 05:59 PM

I think there's nothing wrong with having suggestive themes in a game. However, it should stay OUT of many games that it still appears in.

Halo. Cortana is such a sex object, but Halo for the most part should have stayed out of the sexy-female sort of thing.

Pokemon. Is it just me, or are the NPC girls really flirtatious? And aren't the kids in the game like, 10? Why do the girls have C cups (about)?

Mario. The boobs on that one ghost in Paper Mario are just absurd...

This post has been edited by Wind Dude: 17 December 2005 - 11:40 PM

#84   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                                                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:42 PM

Sorry about the double post.

Well guys, in the new Tomb Raider game, Lara's boobs apparently have gone from Double D's to C cups.

I dunno, the DD's on Lara were actually okay, I thought. I mean... just the glamour of it all... Call me a perv if ya want. I like C's better than D's anyway, so it's all good.

The developers hope that it'll make the game more... girl-friendly. I guess it'll depend on if Lara will still "jiggle" in this game like she did in Angel of Darkness. The boob-bounce in Angel of Darkness wasn't actually all that exaggerated, it just made her look real in my opinion.

Comments?

#85   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                                                                                                                                            • AKA Dullahan

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:22 AM

the game was exaggerated though and awful. I can't say i particularly care but if you like that kind of thing...

#86   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                                                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:34 PM

Yeah it was. But it's funny that she can manuever so well with those big things. XP; How does she get those tight shirts on, I wonder?

#87   Laharl 

• Banned
                                                                                                                                                                                • AKA Dullahan

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:32 AM

front goes on, back goes on, stitch sides together maybe? what?

#88   pHantOm 

• Disciple

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:37 AM

View Postkate, on Oct 10 2005, 12:16 PM, said:

Dead or Alive is the epitemy of girl objectification. that or gta. Newho, the skankiness of girls in games is a little unsettling, but hey, it does sell the game. Besides, girls can still kick abs in games even if they are wearing a bikini. Plus then they're even awesomer, because they're kicking abs like the guys, but doing it in high heels <_< However, what makes me mad is in games like final fantasy, where if there's a girl in your group, she's automatically weaker the guys strength and defense wise. That's just discrimination. And hey, if we're talking about girls, let's talk about guys. Has anyone noticed how they're getting increasingly girlier? Like ffXII. The main guy, I swore he was a girl when I first saw him. I mean, effeminate guys are the awesome, but they still need to be guys :o

Glad a girl responded to this topic. ;)

#89   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                                                                                    • Posts: 3,190
                                                                                                                                                                                    • Joined: 24-October 04
                                                                                                                                                                                    • Location:the Netherlands
                                                                                                                                                                                    • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 23 December 2005 - 07:51 AM

This topic could better be called: "Let's talk about the boobs of videogame chicks!"... <_<

Well anyway I think it's too much to. I mean... are gaint boobs really that actractive? Not for me anyways I like them more with avarage size.

My favorite game heroine is Dixie Kong. She's quick, she can do almost ANYTHING with her huge ponytail, shes a monkey, and she doesn't has boobs. Nintendo proofs that chicks can kick ass without having balloons in their chests.

#90   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:57 AM

I am currently playing Dead or Alive 3 and though we got to bouncing breasts and slender figures for most of the girls in this game it doesn't distract a me from playing this sick game. Well, some of the videos could but you have to be realistic here. Women have breasts, some big some small. Plus(I think I've said this before) sex sells. It would be a big mistake for the makers of Dead or Alive not to emphasize on the females characters since more males play video games than females.

Were just going to have to live with it. So not matter how parents complain as long as a game has a mature/teen rating explaining the warnings to playing the game, parents can't do a thing.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                                                                      • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                                                                      • You cannot reply to this topic