#1   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:35 AM

Info from MY BLOG and JOYSTIQ.COM.

Well Nintendo recently announced this little nifty piece of hardware. The Gameboy Micro is an even smaller, more updated version of the GBA & GBA SP. This baby is as tiny as it will get for the next few years I say, sure the graphics may be outdated and it may be a bit costy for something that is old, but I'd rather carry around something that small than harry large handhelds like the DS & PSP in public and get myself robbed and stabbed.

Here's what we know about this little hobbit so far:

* Launch is slated for this Fall.
    * Silver in color for now, expect all sorts of rainbow-flavored variations.
    * Dimensions: 4 inches wide by 2 inches tall and 0.7 inches thick.
    * Weight: 2.8 ounces (80 paper clips’ worth of weight).
    * Processor: Same as GBA SP.
    * Form factor: “Gleaming shoulder and start/select buttons that literally shine”, removable and customizable face plate.
    * Screen: 2-inches, backlit and the “best Game Boy screen ever” with adjustable brightness controls for use indoors or outdoors.
    * Marketing angle: “We’re making the gorgeous Game Boy Micro for image-conscious folks who love video games, the ones who want the look of their system to be as cool as the games they play on it” according to George Harrison, Nintendo of America Sr. VP of marketing. It’s clear that they’re going after the kids who are too cool to carry around an obvious gaming device but who don’t mind carrying something that looks like the cell phone that they’re already carrying.
    * Accessories: built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery; supports standard headphones.
    * Software: the Game Boy Advance has nearly 700 titles available, all of which will be playable on the Game Boy Micro.

I for one will be buying this baby when it's released, but I am lost on how to keep up with all this hardware. How will a 16 year old afford a PS3, REV, 360, DS and a GBM all at once?! It's crazy I tell you! Also, credit to Joystiq.com for some of the information I provided.

Thought I'd paste out the section from my blog rather than posting another long post about it here. What do you guys think of it? I personally think it's a good idea but they should have at least added a better processor.

#2   Luna 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

I really think it's a good idea... I might think about getting one when it comes out o.o

Although...I don't know if playing with such a tiny screen will be...comfortable.

#3   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
        • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:12 AM

It might make things less blocky now that there's a smaller screen, haha!

#4   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
          • Group: Admin

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:30 AM

That is correct; the smaller screen will mean sharper, crisper graphics, although some have reported that text is slightly difficult to read on the screen.

As for the cost, the GameBoy Micro will be priced between the GameBoy Advance SP and Nintendo DS, which are currently 79.99 and 149.99 US dollars respectively. However, Harrison (I believe) confirmed that the GBA SP may receive a price drop to accomodate the GameBoy Micro.

And just to confirm, the GameBoy Advance SP will NOT BE DISCONTINUED when the GameBoy Micro is released.

#5   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
            • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:08 PM

I've had enough with gameboys. You buy one and then another five fly off the rack. Why can't they just make one gameboy that does all the things all the other gameboys do and more if possible. So far all I have is the GBA and thats what I'll stick with.

#6   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:20 AM

http://static.gameparty.net/screenshots/2233/24321.jpg
              there's a comparison for ya'

I am interested, but if I do get it, it'll be in a few years when it's obsolete and so the price has dropped significantly :P . I'd prefer to wait until they release another handheld... intead of keeping with the times, I find it much more economical to skip systems (for example, I didn't get my SP until the DS had come out). if the next one is better, then I'll get the next system. if I'm uninterested in the next system (like the DS), then I'll get a GBM

#7   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:57 AM

Yeah but that's like being one step behind on fashion all the time! ;P

#8   Izar 

• Master Adept
                  • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:10 PM

Man, that's too small. I'd loose it! :P I want one. Looks neat, but the screen, so small... Equals squint.

#9   Elliott 

• Cool
                    • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                    • AKA Agatio

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:56 PM

Looks cool, if it's cheap I'll consider getting one, pocket fun at it's best :P .

#10   FusionDragon28 

• Gallant
                    • PipPipPip
                      • Interests:Anime, Manga, Video Games, Cosplay, Conventions

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:21 PM

I've bought enough Game Boys. I don't need anymore.

FD28

#11   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                        • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:31 AM

Wow it sure is tiny!

Well I don't think Im gonna buy it. I must save up money for my DS and upcoming Nintendo Revolution. <_<

#12   Elliott 

• Cool
                          • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                          • AKA Agatio

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:14 AM

So it's basically a smaller GBA, basically?
                          It plays all the games, but doesn't it have less buttons? And a smaller screen size? I don't see how this works, but if it does, and it does well, then it will be a success I'm sure.

#13   Blink 

• Disciple
                            • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:54 AM

Anubis, I don't think you'll have to worry too much about affording all of the next gen consoles and handhelds. They're coming out over the timespan of two whole years, starting with the DS last fall, and ending with the Nintendo Revolution(supposedly) fall after next. Since it's a little too much, I'm sticking to one console/handheld a year, getting the DS last fall, the Xbox360 this fall(or spring) and the Nintendo Revolution fall after next(sooner if possible) which spreads it out, and makes affording them, well, affordable.

As for the GBM, it's nice, but I don't even try to take my GBASP with me everywhere anymore, so, I doubt I'll get a GBM, since I've learned to live life without having truly portable handhelds like the GBM is. But, that's what I said about backlights on the GBASP, and now I can't stand playing on GBAs, so, maybe I'll pick one up eventually for that very reason.

#14   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:58 PM

Agatio, on Jun 15 2005, 06:14 AM, said:

So it's basically a smaller GBA, basically?
                              It plays all the games, but doesn't it have less buttons? And a smaller screen size? I don't see how this works, but if it does, and it does well, then it will be a success I'm sure.

Theres a pic of it... It has the same amount of buttons... The R and L buttons are on the top and the start and select buttons are o the bottom. I'm guessing it plays all the games.

#15   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                • Group: Moderator
                                • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:12 PM

Geez, it's tiny. It's getting sorta... silly that they keep dishing out all these GameBoys. XD But the whole idea of the GameBoy was to be portable. This is probably as portable as it'll get.

#16   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                  • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:31 PM

I'm considering getting the GBA Micro when it comes out. It's portability will probably come very handy, and it's just...rather cool. I have to agree with ED that there are many handheld systems, but it's still nice to have one with nice portability.

#17   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:39 PM

People, don't get the wrong idea; the GameBoy Micro is being offered as an alternative to the GameBoy Advance SP. The sleeker, smaller size is meant for another demographic of consumers to buy it.

#18   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                      • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:57 AM

Golden Legacy, on Jun 15 2005, 10:39 PM, said:

People, don't get the wrong idea; the GameBoy Micro is being offered as an alternative to the GameBoy Advance SP. The sleeker, smaller size is meant for another demographic of consumers to buy it.

Didn't they say the same thing with the DS? The DS was not made to overthrow the SP but it's just another alternative way of gaming. The truth is soon the SP will be useless and it will be just like the gameboy color. With all the new handhelds coming out I wonder if Nintendo was just intimidated by the PSP. It would make sense.

#19   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                        • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting
                                        • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:59 PM

I really don't want a gameboy micro (even thought I am a nintendo fan) because I think it is just a waste of my money ( I blew it all on the PSP...I really need to get a job this summer) I would rather get the DS if the gameboy has the same graphics as an SP, and maybe in a couple of years ( maybe months) it will be left behind by the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 ( almost forgot the Revelution)

#20   Izar 

• Master Adept

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:40 PM

Well, Now that I think about it, it's kinda a waste... Small yeah, but is it really neded? They keep coming out with all this new stuff, but the games aren't all getting better. Some yeah, but they need more than jsut a new Gameboy...

I'd prefer to save for an XBox 360 or something...

#21   Blink 

• Disciple
                                            • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:24 PM

*looks at FE:SS*

I'd say the Gameboy is just fine. We don't need a technology upgrade for the GBA now, do we? It plays 3d games, look at the herby game coming out! It looks great!

http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/4049993f-5fbe-43f8-baa0-d162bb130baf.jpg

#22   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                              • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:53 PM

It's a technology geek kinda thing. <_<

I'll get it, sure. Mostly because if I do, I'll have 2 GBAs with a light up back... a GBA SP and the GameBoy Micro.

#23   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:36 PM

I still think its a waste ( I want the PS3 instead....even though it looks stupid) If there going to make a new gameboy, then why not just upgrade it instead of making a newer version of the SP, I mean, its like making 3 gameboys for 5 years and the newest thing they can add to it is a light ( a stupid little light).

#24   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                  • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:45 PM

Consider it this way; the GameBoy Micro is perhaps being targeted to the consumer who hasn't yet purchased a GameBoy Advance SP. If you already own a GBA SP, then yes, I see how the GameBoy Micro would not interest you. But for those people who haven't purchased either, the Micro is a sleek alternative.

#25   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                                    • Location:Sydney, Australia
                                                    • AKA watch

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:49 AM

What about people who went out and bought a DS?

Some people skip a few releases and purchase.

I reckon its a waste of money and nintendos time.

#26   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                                      • AKA Me111

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:29 AM

Well at least the ants can finally play on a gameboy.

I really don't see much point of making it smaller. Also they already have two versions of gba, do they really need a third? I can understand that they may have thought the first two weren't quite right but I don't see why they should feel the need to change it again.

Also isn't it about time they make a new gameboy?

#27   TheOnlyJaz 

• Knight
                                                      • PipPip

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:18 AM

Nah. The Micro is just a way for Nintendo to cash in on all the shallow folk.

Be cool, buy a DS.

#28   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                                          • Joined: 22-January 05

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

Golden Legacy, on Jun 19 2005, 01:45 PM, said:

Consider it this way; the GameBoy Micro is perhaps being targeted to the consumer who hasn't yet purchased a GameBoy Advance SP. If you already own a GBA SP, then yes, I see how the GameBoy Micro would not interest you. But for those people who haven't purchased either, the Micro is a sleek alternative.

But if someone really wanted a gameboy they would have saved up and bought the SP, and I think Nintendo is just wasting money, time and effort when they could be working on ways to make the Nintendo Revolution better. The Gamecube, I believe fell very behind the Xbox and Playstation 2 and I think they need to prevent that from happening again with the Revolution instead of worring about there Gameboy.

#29   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                            • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                            • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:45 AM

This new gameboy is only out to reestablish nintendo's hold in the handheld market. The PSP was to much of a shocker to them and pwned the DS so that nintendo got scared and pulled out another gameboy to even things out. That's my opinion anyways.

#30   Blink 

• Disciple
                                                              • Joined: 23-January 05

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:01 PM

I REALLY like how it can fit in your pocket so well. I mean, sure, you can force the SP into your pocket, but it sags and it bulks out. It just doesn't fit. Now, the tech behind the GBA is old enough they can make it so small. I'm applying for a summer job that's a train ride every day away, and that's not a short ride. If I had the GBM, I could actually bring it with me to my summer job and not notice it the rest of the day. I could use it on the train ride. It would make having a portable be enjoyable. Right now, I play my portables at home, but I play them where I want to at home. And sometimes I put them in my backpack. But, I never walk around with them in my pocket. This I could do with a Micro, and this is the whole point behind it.

#31   Dullahan 

• Disciple
                                                                • Joined: 22-June 04
                                                                • Location:may scare you
                                                                • Interests:football, rock and punk music, videogames, snooker, golf.

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:54 AM

the micro is very impressive in a technoligocal pov, albeit utterly pointless, orginal gba and sp owners aregoing to pay money for something with a smaller screen and far greater chance of loss or damage. People who do not have a gba or sp will just buy a ds anyway, i know i would

#32   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                                                  • Posts: 1,860
                                                                  • Gender:Female

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:51 AM

I still dont get it. practically, right after the launch of the DS, nintendo is going to release a gameboy, then they will release the revolution. Do they think that everyone is as rich as Bill Gates ( I wish). They have much better things to be working on like Wlan settings for the DS, or Online gaming for the Revolution or even better graphics for the SP, they shouldnt be making it smaller than a cell phone. To me, it just doesnt make any sense

#33   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                    • Posts: 6,607
                                                                    • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                                    • Gender:Male

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:17 PM

Echo_djinn, on Jun 24 2005, 12:45 PM, said:

This new gameboy is only out to reestablish nintendo's hold in the handheld market. The PSP was to much of a shocker to them and pwned the DS so that nintendo got scared and pulled out another gameboy to even things out. That's my opinion anyways.

The PSP has not "pwned the DS". If anything, if you refer to the sales numbers for the PSP and the DS, the latter has sold at least twice as many units as the former, at over 5 million. It is also worth mentioning that the DS has gained considerable momentum, especially in Japan.

However, I do agree that the PSP had some effect on the choice to release a newly redesigned GameBoy Advance, as both appeal primarily to the same demographic.

#34   Blink 

• Disciple
                                                                      • Posts: 1,087
                                                                      • Joined: 23-January 05

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:38 PM

Think of it this way...

GBM is in direct competition with the Xbox360 style wise
                                                                      Rev is in direct competition with the PSP style wise
                                                                      DS is in direct competition with the PS3 syle wise

If you look at them, they really do match styles. GBM and 360 both have curved styles with changable face plates. Rev and PSP both have shinny black metalic look that leaves fingerprints when touched. DS and PS3 both have a rounded platinum look to them(though DS is a blocky kind of round). Odd, isn't it? ...now I forget what the point of this post was. Ah, yes, GL said that the GBM was meant to appeal to the PSP market, which it doesn't style wise.

Anyways, Golden Djinn, I think you mustn't have been one of those people who listened when Nintendo said the DS was third pillar. First they said that Nintendo wouldn't keep their word, and the next gameboy would be released in 4 years. Now they're saying that Nintendo is messing up by trying to sell a new gameboy right after releasing the DS. Honestly, they said the DS and GB were seperate lines of entertainment. I have a neighbor who didn't get the DS, but is interested in the Micro. I bought the DS, but I'm not half as interested in the Micro. If I find a reason, sure I'll use it, but if I don't have a need for a smaller gameboy, then I'll stick with my DS and SP.

#35   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:20 AM

I payed attention to it ( most of it). I already know that the DS and the Gameboys are seperate, but my point is, If nintendo were making a new gameboy and they just released the DS that is more advanced ( graphics wise) than the Micro then why didnt they at least take the time to make it better than the other 2 GBAs.

#36   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:25 AM

Blink, on Jun 26 2005, 12:38 AM, said:

Think of it this way...
                                                                          Anyways, Golden Djinn, I think you mustn't have been one of those people who listened when Nintendo said the DS was third pillar. First they said that Nintendo wouldn't keep their word, and the next gameboy would be released in 4 years. Now they're saying that Nintendo is messing up by trying to sell a new gameboy right after releasing the DS. Honestly, they said the DS and GB were seperate lines of entertainment. I have a neighbor who didn't get the DS, but is interested in the Micro. I bought the DS, but I'm not half as interested in the Micro. If I find a reason, sure I'll use it, but if I don't have a need for a smaller gameboy, then I'll stick with my DS and SP.

That is an excellent point you bring up, Blink. The GameBoy and the DS are completely separate systems, each one is a "pillar", as Nintendo called them. Therefore, through the GameBoy Micro, Nintendo is trying to maintain this stance.

It is also very important to mention that, in no way, is Nintendo halting the support of the DS just because the GameBoy Micro is being released; the latter is simply meant, in a sense, to compliment the GBA SP to another demographic, which as Blink stated, is the same as the PSP's.

Once again, the GameBoy Micro and the DS are not meant to compete and are NOT related in any direct sense; the two are completely different and appeal to different types of people.

#37   Dullahan 

• Disciple
                                                                            • Posts: 1,225

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:14 AM

Golden Legacy, on Jun 25 2005, 02:17 PM, said:

The PSP has not "pwned the DS". If anything, if you refer to the sales numbers for the PSP and the DS, the latter has sold at least twice as many units as the former, at over 5 million. It is also worth mentioning that the DS has gained considerable momentum, especially in Japan.

However, I do agree that the PSP had some effect on the choice to release a newly redesigned GameBoy Advance, as both appeal primarily to the same demographic.

Recent sales show the ds is slaughtering the psp, outselling it for the last nine weeks running and a good million sales ahaead, many people are buying psp for the other features rather than the games.

#38   Kubjelle 

• Knight
                                                                            • PipPip
                                                                              • Posts: 145
                                                                              • Joined: 27-March 04
                                                                              • Location:Norway
                                                                              • Interests:GS!!!! =P

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:24 AM

I've got DS, so I don't need that little thing. It dosen't even look sexy.

#39   Traviz 

• Squire
                                                                              • Pip
                                                                                • Posts: 63
                                                                                • Joined: 22-September 04
                                                                                • Location:The Netherlands!!! Accept it!!!
                                                                                • Interests:Runescape (Lv. 77 Muwhahaha)<br />Goldensun 1/2 (GsTLA, Isaac Level 99!!!)<br />Playing outside in the nice warm sun<br />Morrowind, Morrowind Vampires, Morrowind Magic!!!<br />Mixing Ivan with Saturos to create an Ultimate being!<br />MAPLE STORY :P :P :P!!!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:33 AM

WTF has sexiness to do with the Capabilities of the GB's?!

I'm happy with the Old School GBA :wacko:

#40   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:16 AM

I have the PSP, and right now, id have to say that all the games for it suck. but I have been reading up on all the new games for it, and that includes a GTA game ( and possibly San Andreas) and I've heard of a possible FF game. But anyway, I would never consider buying the DS or Micro after getting the PSP. It just has more things to do on it.

#41   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:41 PM

To go slightly off-topic, the PSP's library is considerably lackluster now, and the major "killer application", at least in Japan, is well over a year off (that would be Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core). Once Nintendo establishes the online capabilities of the DS, along with the release of some major titles (Animal Crossing, Castlevania, Mario Kart, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, and many more), the PSP will be in some danger in Japan.

However, at the moment, the situation is reversed in North America, with the PSP outselling the DS, and at its current rate, it could very well surpass the DS in total units sold, as some are speculating, in a few months, although the PSP was just released in March.

That is perhaps another reason why Nintendo is releasing the GameBoy Micro; the way I see it, it is specially focused on the North American market to compete with the demographic of the PSP.

And of course, as previously stated, to keep both the GameBoy and DS brands totally separate.

#42   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:30 AM

psp hasn't even been released over here so ds is building a lead

#43   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                        • Posts: 2,770
                                                                                        • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                                                        • Location:London, UK
                                                                                        • Interests:Video Games &amp; Hentai
                                                                                        • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:32 AM

Golden Legacy, on Jun 25 2005, 07:17 PM, said:

Taking into account the fact that the DS released much earlier worldwide than the PSP. The PSP was only recently released in the US and the UK is still waiting for their shipments, which is why those statistics are like that.

#44   theblueflames 

• Berserker
                                                                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                          • Posts: 481
                                                                                          • Joined: 25-May 04
                                                                                          • Location:Crete, NE USA
                                                                                          • Interests:Video Games, Nintendo, and ofcourse.....Golden Sun

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

Maybe so, but look at the launch sales instead. The DS effectively doubled the PSP's sales.

I looked at the GBM on xPlay, and, while it is a neat idea, not worth the money to owners of GBA/SPs, so I don't think I'll be getting one...

#45   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                            • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:39 AM

I don't even know why I'm debating the PSP, like I said before I think the DS is a better handheld than the PSP. But the DS does not own the PSP and vice versa. Don't start that handheld war bullshiz again.

#46   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:26 AM

hello again Anubis! It's pretty obvious the DS will win, Nintendo dominate the handheld market

#47   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:42 AM

I will find it amusing if Sony somehow beat the DS and the Revolution beats the PS3 and the tables turn. ^_^

#48   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:12 AM

I think that the PSP can beat the Micro and the DS. I think that the lack of not having wi-fi settings ( right now) is killing the DS, and the PSP has an advantage, because of it already having games compatable with wi-fi ( even though these games suck)

#49   Saturos S. 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                    • Posts: 4,002
                                                                                                    • Joined: 23-June 05
                                                                                                    • Location:Somewhere in Europe
                                                                                                    • Interests:Nom nom nom. Cookies.

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:12 PM

The PSP might have the better Wi-Fi but as long they don't get good games to play on them, I think that the DS will still win.... Nintendo has the hand-held market for some time and the game-make people aren't gonna switch consoles all of a sudden (at least I think so...)

#50   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:33 PM

That may be true, but look at the Xbox, it just showed up out of nowhere and we all know that the Xbox beat the Gamecube easily. It just goes to show you, that not everyone will stay with a system just because its been around for a long time

#51   theblueflames 

• Berserker
                                                                                                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:41 PM

Exactly. Nintendo has been around for the longest, but what happened when PS2 came out? Anyways, the PSP also costs about $100 more, which is a big influence on alot of buyers, more so to the older Nintendo users who were debating which to get anyways. I think that the idea of PSP being able to play music and crap making it better than the DS is plain stupid, who cares if it can play everything half assed(Meaning movies, games, music). If I want to play good games and music I'll get a DS, and iPod. And near the same price actually ^_^

#52   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:24 AM

Nintendo refusal to use CDs for the N64 was their downfall, as it attracted people to the ps1, who then be came loyal to Sony and bought PS2 over Gamecube, unless you're me and bought both.

#53   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                            • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:08 AM

Unless you're me and buy every single next-gen hardware you can get your claws on. =P

#54   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

theblueflames, on Jun 29 2005, 08:41 PM, said:

Exactly. Nintendo has been around for the longest, but what happened when PS2 came out? Anyways, the PSP also costs about $100 more, which is a big influence on alot of buyers, more so to the older Nintendo users who were debating which to get anyways. I think that the idea of PSP being able to play music and crap making it better than the DS is plain stupid, who cares if it can play everything half assed(Meaning movies, games, music). If I want to play good games and music I'll get a DS, and iPod. And near the same price actually ^_^

I think that Sony wanted the PSP to follow along the lines of the PS2 when they made it play movies and music ( except the photos). I also think that they wanted people to have something to do when they get bored of the crappy games that came out with it. I guess its just a strategy to keep people interested.

#55   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:36 PM

An interesting topic of debate, certainly, but let us return to the topic at hand (if you so desire, you may create an official handheld topic if one has not already been created).

Back to the GameBoy Micro, there is strong speculation that Nintendo will release the Play-Yan (a multimedia add-on that plays back music and video files) to coincide with the handheld's release.

#56   theblueflames 

• Berserker
                                                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:47 PM

Oh yeah, I heard about that, I'm really looking forward to it, it'll serve as an iPod replacement until I can scratch up enough money for one.

#57   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:28 PM

I wanted one of those for my SP, until I bought the PSP, there was no point in getting one.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                    • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                    • You cannot reply to this topic