Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mario Series Vs Zelda Series Mario and Luigi or Zelda and Link?

Poll: Which is the best series?

Which is the best series?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1   Demon Adept 

• Knight
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Golden Sun. Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Breath of Fire 1, 2, 3. Lufia 1, 2, 3, 4. Secret of Mana. Seiken Densetsu 3. Sword of Mana. Mario games. Zelda games. Pokemon games (occasionally). Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. InuYasha-I have a giant stick and I call it Tetsusaiga. Saiyuki. My GameCube. My ZSNESW emulator. 3 Doors Down and their songs: Away from the Sun, Kryptonite, When I'm Gone, Without You, Let Me Go. Evanesence. Bryan Adams. I also like PMs, so someone please send me one, I'm a lonely person.

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:12 AM

I love the Mario series above all else! I have been playing it for 11 years and I consider myself an expert. How can I not vote for Mario if Luigi is my boyfriend?

#2   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
      • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:20 AM

I think I speak for most people who find that the Mario series has literally "Taken the piss" when I say:

LOL @ Mario

#3   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:34 PM

I LOVE the legend of Zelda series and I cant wait for the Twilight Princess to come out.

#4   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
          • Group: Moderator
          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:56 PM

Mario is so overrated. The Mario and Luigi RPG was great, however.

I guess if you're easily entertained you'd like Mario, but for people like me however, I need games with depth. *glances at Ocarina of Time and Neverwinter Nights*

Zelda hasn't had many great titles recently though. Wind Waker got a crapload of criticism from it's Cel-Shaded graphics (I for one found them EXTREMELY charming. It's funny, but I realised the ones who hated it never actually played the game) and Minish Cap was pretty short... I hope Twilight Princess revives the series.

#5   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
            • AKA Fire Dude, Diddy Kong

Posted 08 July 2005 - 01:18 PM

Well I really can't choose between this... Mario games I play all my live. I love Mario Power Tennis, Sunshine, Mario64 and all those other games. Well I guess you mean the real Mario games and not the sport ones. Well if they do count, I vote for Mario. I mean, Mario is sooooo much fun!

The platform games are very good but my most favrote Mario games are Mario RPGs. Someone played Mario RPG for the SNES here? Well I tell you that game rocks! If you are a true Mario fan, go play it! A little shame I never played Paper Mario 1, but Paper Mario 2 gave me hours of fun! There is much humour in that game and that's why many people love it! Also the battle style of Paper Mario is very original. You only got 5 types of stats, Heart Points (HP) Flower Points, (like magic or special points) Badge Points, (the amout of bagdes you can equip) and ofcoarse the Attack and Defence stat who can only go higher if you uograde your boots or hammer or if you find a bagde which raises one of these stats. And we have Mario & Luigi to! This is probarly the best RPG I EVER played! The style of it is just perfect, and the two Mario Bros. can make you laugh once in a while to. :angry:

But Zelda games are EXTREMLY good to. Right now I have my controller on desk and on my TV you can see the equipment list of Zelda Ocarina of Time now. :lol: I am in the Water Temple now, I hate that place... *Notices he goes off-topic* Oh yeah well lemme go on topic again. I loved the Wind Waker too. THe cartoonish style, how can't you resist? Yeah ofcoarse I understand that you can be really disapointed of it. I mean, you wait like 4 years for a new Zelda to come and many people grew up since OoT and then you see a cartoon Zelda... :agitated:;
            Still I loved the Wind Waker, and because I got nothing to do right now except playing OoT I am gonna play it again! -_-

#6   Neo 

• Disciple
              • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:00 PM

I can better put it this way; Everyone who wants to call himself a gamer, must have played at least Zelda: Ocrina of time and Zelda: Majora's Mask! those are the first real 3D zelda games, and they're classics.

But Mario is also good.

#7   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:07 PM

I personall think that Ocrina of Time is much better than Majora's Mask. I don't really like the idea of changing into something else with a mask. But it makes the game difrent from others.

#8   Neo 

• Disciple
                  • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:55 PM

Indeed, Ocrina ís better, but Majora's Mask is and stays a classic too.

#9   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                    • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 08 July 2005 - 05:17 PM

Don't get me wrong, both series had their peak times. I voted Zelda because Ocarina of Time was awesome, also the classic Link to the Past was also amazing. Mario was AWESOME back in the day, the Mario Bros games were just classics and the Mario theme sticks to my head even to this day. But these past few years it's just one Mario ripoff after another. Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Party, Mario Pimping, Mario Cooking, Mario Pony Riding and so on.

#10   Elliott 

• Cool
                      • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                      • AKA Agatio

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:01 PM

This is like comparing apples and oranges. Bother have a large array of great games, a long history, a big storyline etc. But I'll say Zelda because A Link to to the Past is one of my favourite games, and the Oracle series rocked.

#11   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                        • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:28 PM

I'll stick with Mario since I haven't played a single Zelda game. Yes it's bias but screw the lot of you.(that sounded british) Mario jump's like a black man when he is obviously not. That's my convincing argument for you all.

#12   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                          • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:42 PM

ED, I can't believe you... you've still never played a Zelda game. As your brother in "D-ness" (ED, WD, get it?) I command you to play a Zelda game for at least 10 minutes!

Let's see... I've played Mario 64 DS which was fun for the first week (or how long I played it) but the controls became a problem. There are different control modes yeah, but the stylus control mode was a little bit TOO innovative... using the D-Pad is good, but even that was a little clumsy. Sure, you could master it after a day or more, but even then you'll find yourself falling off of cliffs. Not because you were knocked off by an enemy or something, but because you ran right off since the controls sucked. :agitated:

Super Mario World Super Mario Advance 2 I've played (and beat) as well. Fun game, but I'm over it now. Guess I grew out of side-scrolling.

#13   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                            • Group: Admin

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:07 PM

The Mario games go back to my early childhood, with my SNES ... those were unbelievable times. There are no other games that can compare to the original Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario Brothers 3, Super Mario World, etc...

However, those of you who know me know that I am an avid Legend of Zelda fan. I got into the series with the Nintendo 64... and with the exception of Majora's Mask, I have played every single game since then.

There is something spectactular about Link, the main character... he has this ideal image of a hero, an all-around, powerful savior that nothing else matches.

Ultimately, I will not decide. It is worth noting, however, that the recent Mario games have perhaps been good, but certainly not on par with the classics. I did find Wind Waker to be briliiant, and Twilight Princess seems to be everything I had ever hoped for in the Zelda series.

#14   Elliott 

• Cool
                              • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                              • AKA Agatio

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:39 PM

So have you only played the 3D games? If so then you are really missing out, the oracle series, A Link to the Past, Links awakening, all fantastic games.

#15   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:18 PM

Although I don't really get how Link is the image of a hero. He never talks except for things like "Hah!" and, unless I'm mistaken, he said "Come on!" once. :agitated:

#16   Elliott 

• Cool
                                  • AKA Agatio

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:28 PM

It's because he's an RPG character, they never talk when they are the lead role (Felix for example).

#17   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                    • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:47 PM

Yeah I know. It would've been interesting if you could talk like you can in Neverwinter Nights. (maybe I should just make another topic on this game XD)

#18   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                      • AKA watch

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:27 PM

Zelda games have had me excited whenever one was released. My first one was on the gameboy Links awakening and i've loved them ever since. I haven't played the 64 or GC ones though only the gameboy/gbc/gba ones.

Agatio, on Jul 9 2005, 10:01 AM, said:

This is like comparing apples and oranges. 

You been watching that Australias Pensioners Insurance Agency ad?

#19   Dullahan 

• Disciple
                                        • Interests:football, rock and punk music, videogames, snooker, golf.

Posted 09 July 2005 - 04:48 AM

Agatio, on Jul 8 2005, 07:01 PM, said:

This is like comparing apples and oranges.

That's easy, i'm allergic to apples. As is the comparison, the worst Zelda game is better than the best Mario game in my opinion. The only Zeldas i haven't played are the first two and Minish Cap. Whereas i've played all Mario's greats with only the 3d platformers and Mario Kart keeping my attention.

#20   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                          • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting
                                          • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 09 July 2005 - 10:59 AM

I enjoy Mario games ( like Mario Kart and Mario Party) but to me, I find Legend of Zelda more interesting ( mostly because of the diffrents weapons you can use, and the storyline)

#21   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.

Posted 09 July 2005 - 03:15 PM

Agatio, on Jul 8 2005, 09:39 PM, said:

So have you only played the 3D games? If so then you are really missing out, the oracle series, A Link to the Past, Links awakening, all fantastic games.

Agatio, you misinterpreted what I read. Or perhaps I didn't state it properly. I have played every single Legend of Zelda adventure, including the Oracle games and A Link to the Past, the ones you mentioned. It is only Majora's Mask I have yet to play out of all of them, and now that I have the Zelda Collecter's disc for GameCube, I plan on playing through it too.

#22   gsninja 

• Master Adept
                                              • Interests:Inside your pants.

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:56 PM

I knew the Zelda series would get more votes. However, I chose the Mario series because I've been around it more and I just know more about it. I just can't resist Mario and Luigi...

#23   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                                • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:50 PM

Agatio, on Jul 8 2005, 10:28 PM, said:

It's because he's an RPG character, they never talk when they are the lead role (Felix for example).

Note the Final Fantasy games. They have talking main characters in most of the games.

I like Zelda better, but Mario is pretty good too. The first and the Super Mario 64 are the best.

#24   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                  • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 09 July 2005 - 10:31 PM

Any Nintendo fanboys here who have never played a Zelda game yet, I laugh at you from my ass.

#25   Izar 

• Master Adept
                                                    • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 09 July 2005 - 11:26 PM

Quite being so rude, it's getting on people's nerves. Do it again and you are looking for a warn, I've told you already.

I think the older mario games by far beat the newer ones. With Zelda, The older ones are good, probably the same as the newer ones.

#26   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 09 July 2005 - 11:45 PM

Zelda wins hands down.

The zelda games have a much stronger plot, and a style that appeals to me. The Mario games are fun because you can do whatever you like, but it jsut isn't as cool or epic. I also don't like it how Nintendo plasters Mario's face on every second game they make. mario tennis, mario golf, mario kart (this one is excused XD), mario baseball, mario pinball, mario party (all 6008 of them)... It's a bit much you know, and it makes me dislike him :\.
                                                      I can't imagine some of these games any other way though :rolleyes:.

#27   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                                                        • Location:the Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:24 AM

Wind Dude, on Jul 9 2005, 05:18 AM, said:

Although I don't really get how Link is the image of a hero. He never talks except for things like "Hah!" and, unless I'm mistaken, he said "Come on!" once. :rolleyes:

If Im right Link said someting on the Gameboy game Link's Awakening, he saw that girl Marin and he said "Huh? Zelda?" That's all I can remember...

#28   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                          • Joined: 28-January 04
                                                          • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:24 AM

Izar, on Jul 10 2005, 05:26 AM, said:

Quite being so rude, it's getting on people's nerves. Do it again and you are looking for a warn, I've told you already.

Don't speak for other people, if it's getting on YOUR nerves, just say so. But speaking on behalf of other people makes you look a fool so spare me with the "it's getting on peoples nerves" rubbish.

Anyway, that crap is cleared up so back onto topic. Mario used to be the star of Nintendo, you know that character who represents a company but now it would seem he is losing his fame. Mario grows old, I think his final game will be "Grandpa Mario: The Quest to find the walking stick". The Zelda series is still fresh, still erupting with energy and ideas and adventure, which is why the Zelda series can move onto better things where as Mario has depleted all his resources and is now dying.

#29   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
                                                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                            • Joined: 30-March 04

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:36 AM

I never really got into Mario much at all. it ia a good series, but Zelda is a finity times better

#30   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                              • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:21 AM

I agree. Marios' faces is stamped on practically every game box that belongs to Nintendo. His games aren't even the most popular anymore. :rolleyes:

#31   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                • Location:London, UK
                                                                • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:14 AM

Mario is like the Playboy logo, the only difference is Playboy Bunny's still excite us, Mario no longer does. :rolleyes:

#32   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                                                                  • Posts: 3,190
                                                                  • Joined: 24-October 04

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:32 PM

Heheh. But Anubis, old Playboy bunnies now a days dont excite us to. :rolleyes:
                                                                  Still I like all Mario games from now. Yeah Nintendo makes too much of it. Still Mario games are always diffrent.

#33   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                    • Posts: 1,422
                                                                    • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • Location:Aussieland

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:34 AM

The only mario games I like are the kart games (so... much... fun...) and the regular mario platformers like SM64 and Sunshine. The Mario party games are ok too, but I only ever played the first 2.

They should invest more time in making great platformers rather than pathetic sport games with mario's face on the cover :\.

EDIT: Wario and Yoshi have gotten the same way! I want another Wario Land 2, not another Warioware.

#34   Elliott 

• Cool
                                                                      • Posts: 6,678
                                                                      • Joined: 07-February 04
                                                                      • Location:Room 101
                                                                      • AKA Agatio

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:38 AM

I think they need to make a new Mario 2D platformer, rather than porting old NES/SNES games to GBA. Go back to roots, make a new 2D, 16 bit, run and jump game.

#35   Neon 

• Disciple
                                                                        • Posts: 1,422
                                                                        • Joined: 28-February 04
                                                                        • Location:Aussieland

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:51 AM

They are making a Mario platformer for the DS, but from looking at the screenshots, it isn't going to be as good. The level structure isn't complex enough.

All new Nintendo games are trying to be too simple :\

#36   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                          • Posts: 2,770
                                                                          • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:07 AM

That's what happens when a company is obsessed with standing out. I bet you when consoles have operating systems, everyone will choose Windows and Nintendo will choose the Mac OS just to stand out. :rolleyes:

#37   Dullahan 

• Disciple
                                                                            • Posts: 1,225
                                                                            • Joined: 22-June 04
                                                                            • Location:may scare you
                                                                            • Interests:football, rock and punk music, videogames, snooker, golf.

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:23 AM

Er, i many Nintendo consoles and use Windows. Mario just needs a few original ideas, like SUPERSTAR sAGA and the series will be fine again.

#38   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                              • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:53 AM

Dullahan, on Jul 11 2005, 11:23 AM, said:

Er, i many Nintendo consoles and use Windows.  Mario just needs a few original ideas, like SUPERSTAR sAGA and the series will be fine again.

I was providing an example, but if you wish to be picky here is a more logical one:

Microsoft and sony supported DVD playback yet Nintendo did not. Is that better for you? :rolleyes:

#39   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                • Posts: 11,988
                                                                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:13 PM

Nintendo does need more "adventure" games to rekindle the Nintendo Franchise. I don't know what changed their mind, maybe Anubis is right and they're trying to stand out. :rolleyes: Well, it's not working so far.

The simple games are great for children but a larger majority of Nintendo's fans are pre-teens and teens that are too old for that.

I mean, what's next? The Legend of Zelda: Help Link Count?

#40   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                                                                  • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:14 PM

Yeah, we need something more like "Legend of Zelda: Link Gets Laid" ESRB rating 18+. :o

#41   Venus dude 21 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                    • Posts: 625
                                                                                    • Joined: 28-November 04
                                                                                    • Location:That place....over there...
                                                                                    • Interests:Just being me.

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:35 PM

seeing as nintendo is going to kill mario with a DDR game, thats right mario DDR.
                                                                                    I personally loved the paper marios, and its a shame that mario is dead, long live zelda.

#42   Andross 

• Disciple
                                                                                      • Posts: 1,643
                                                                                      • Joined: 06-February 04

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:31 PM

Anubis has no right to an opinion in here as a Meglomconglomoracorporation Whore ;) (AKA, Sony/MS fanboy :lol:)

j/k Anubis

I say Zelda, while most of the Mario games are good (I'm referring to the various spin-offs, and if you haven't played 'em, you have no right to actually say they are bad), Zelda hasn't been "overplayed" or "sold out" or "jumped the shark" (whichever term you prefer). Almost every single Zelda game has been mentioned as someones favorite game of all time (except for those two horrible ones . . . oh God, I can't bare to think of it!)

#43   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:57 AM

The only problem I have with Zelda is that the plot could use some work. Every single game you have to go through dungeons, collect the item inside of it, and beat the monster at the end of the dungeon.

Now, here are a few things I wonder about:

1) There is usually no background history on why the dungeon is there.

2) The item inside the dungeon is often unexplained (who would put a hookshot in a water temple?!)

3) Alot of times there isn't a reason for the big azz monster to be at the end. Sometimes there's a reason, sometimes there isn't.

I like my games to be deep soo... I want an explanation. :lol:

#44   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:55 PM

Wind Dude, on Jul 15 2005, 10:57 AM, said:

The only problem I have with Zelda is that the plot could use some work. Every single game you have to go through dungeons, collect the item inside of it, and beat the monster at the end of the dungeon.

Now, here are a few things I wonder about:

1) There is usually no background history on why the dungeon is there.

2) The item inside the dungeon is often unexplained (who would put a hookshot in a water temple?!)

3) Alot of times there isn't a reason for the big azz monster to be at the end. Sometimes there's a reason, sometimes there isn't.

I like my games to be deep soo... I want an explanation. :lol:

Oh c'mon, like they even do that with most games in the first place. I think you're complaining about nothing to say the least ;)

And I dunno about you, but there was a good deal of backstory on why there were the dungeons in the 3D Zeldas. As for old school 2D Zelda, was there ANY game in the 80s and early 90s that had a full story behind it? Not many from what I remember. You're picking fights where there are none to be had. :P

#45   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
                                                                                            • Posts: 6,607
                                                                                            • Joined: 28-March 04
                                                                                            • Location:New York City, Boston

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:58 PM

It's also worth mentioning that the The Legend of Zelda for the NES was the first game to ever have a built-in save function, or something to that effect. Also, the game was one of the first (if not, the first) to be strongly non-linear in the sense that gamers were no longer given direction on where to go next, etc.

#46   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                              • Posts: 2,686
                                                                                              • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                                              • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                                              • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:43 PM

The new Zelda game that is coming out for the GC is looking awesome. I hear link can transform into a wolf and rip apart his enemies. This game is looking better and better everytime I read up on it.

Though the new Zelda game is looking sick enough that I may buy it I'll still give Mario the vote for the same reason that I said before.

#47   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:26 PM

Andross, on Jul 15 2005, 07:55 PM, said:

Oh c'mon, like they even do that with most games in the first place. I think you're complaining about nothing to say the least :lol:

And I dunno about you, but there was a good deal of backstory on why there were the dungeons in the 3D Zeldas. As for old school 2D Zelda, was there ANY game in the 80s and early 90s that had a full story behind it? Not many from what I remember. You're picking fights where there are none to be had. ;)

I didn't expect anyone to agree with me. Ah well. :P

Alot of games give SOME backstory on why the dungeons are there, you just need to look in the right places. I know you're right that WW, OoT, and MM had reasons for the dungeons to be there.

Alot of the boss monsters are there for just random reasons, with the exception of OoT. I haven't played much of MM so I can't say anything there.

For one more record, I don't pick on fights or complain about nothing. =P It doesn't bring me satisfaction like alot of people.

#48   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                                  • Posts: 731
                                                                                                  • Joined: 31-March 05
                                                                                                  • Location:Level 5 of hell
                                                                                                  • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:34 PM

I think I might have picked up some things from WW. Since it's the sequel to Oot, Dragon Roost Cavern might be the top of Doom Mountain or whatever it was called. I was reading a walkthough for OoT recently and it said something bout the Great Deku Tree. Now the Great Deku Tree (as said in WW) is supposedly have to have lived for many years. And the Great Deku Tree in OoT was near where the Link in OoT started off. And it WAS a forest area. So that area and Dragon Roost Cavern have alittle bit of back round. Gannon's Tower....well thats just obvious.

Edit: Oh ya. I voted for Zelda.

#49   Mysterious Adept 

• Lord
                                                                                                  • PipPipPipPip
                                                                                                    • Posts: 275
                                                                                                    • Joined: 03-September 04
                                                                                                    • Location:USA
                                                                                                    • Interests:Hello. How are you? I'm good. Am i talking to myself? well if i am DO NOT BE ALARMED! I'm like that lol

Posted 17 July 2005 - 08:33 AM

tough decision mario or zelda........i'd have to go Zelda,Twilight Princess just looks too cool!! :lol: Besides all the games that i've seen mario in all have to do with sports like tenis,basketball,Golf what next Hockey????!?!?!?

#50   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 17 July 2005 - 01:25 PM

Mysterious Adept, on Jul 17 2005, 08:33 AM, said:

tough decision mario or zelda........i'd have to go Zelda,Twilight Princess just looks too cool!! ;) Besides all the games that i've seen mario in all have to do with sports like tenis,basketball,Golf what next  Hockey????!?!?!?

There's no Mario bball :lol:
                                                                                                      It's BASEBALL!

#51   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                        • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:23 AM

I think there was, but it wasn't very popular.

Anyway, there is a basketball game that's going to feature Mario and the Beastie Boys as unlockable characters...

#52   Mysterious Adept 

• Lord
                                                                                                        • PipPipPipPip
                                                                                                          • Posts: 275
                                                                                                          • Joined: 03-September 04
                                                                                                          • Location:USA
                                                                                                          • Interests:Hello. How are you? I'm good. Am i talking to myself? well if i am DO NOT BE ALARMED! I'm like that lol

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:05 PM

Wind Dude, on Jul 18 2005, 12:23 PM, said:

Anyway, there is a basketball game that's going to feature Mario and the Beastie Boys as unlockable characters...

ya i know i heard about that :smile: :P

#53   I'm Always BROKE 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                            • Posts: 3,190
                                                                                                            • Joined: 24-October 04

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:17 PM

Wind Dude, on Jul 18 2005, 07:23 PM, said:

Mario Baseball isnt even released yet...

And Mario, Luigi and Peach already played basketball in a street basketball game, but I dont know it's name...

#54   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                              • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:43 PM

They're MAKING a Mario Baseball? I had no idea. :smile:

Are the Mario Sports Games actually good at all?

#55   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:05 PM

Yes, they actually are. It was shown at E3, and it actually was well received.

And NO, there is NOT a Mario BBall - you're thinking NBA Street (Vol. 2?), where Mario was an unlockable character in the GCN version.

As for if the Mario sports games are good, most people say yes.

#56   Blue 

• Master Adept
                                                                                                                  • Posts: 5,429
                                                                                                                  • Joined: 18-July 05
                                                                                                                  • Location:Chandler, AZ
                                                                                                                  • Interests:Video Games and Drift Racing

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:02 PM

I went with the Mario series. Yoshi is my favorite character of all time. Man that dinosaur can eat anything.

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                  • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                  • You cannot reply to this topic