Golden Sun Syndicate Forums: Golden Sun Syndicate Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Buying Conterfeit/fake Items... Makes the Mob Happy.

#1   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Veterans
    • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:26 PM

You're in a store and you see a sick NBA hat or a designer bag, could you tell if it was real or not? What if you didn't care and bought it anyways. You could be contributing to the Mob by your purchase of that item. Also can you say what you bought was safe for your children, siblings, or yourself? Lets face it the Mob doesn't give a damn about are safety, they're just there to selling illegal junk to get some green. If it's not registered in the store it's not real. This has been a problem in Toronto from what I got from the news. Is it happening where you are?

Edit: shiz. I just found out I misspelled "Counterfeit" on my title.

#2   Elliott 

• Cool
      • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
      • AKA Agatio

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:59 PM

We don't have mobs in Australia. The worst we get are the Asian or Wog gangs with their knives, and that's more towards the city anyway.

#3   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
        • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
        • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:09 PM

We just get Chinese people running around saying "DVD?!" "DVD?!" "DVD!" to you, other than that it's all good when it comes to illegal stuff.

#4   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
          • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:17 PM

Anubis, on Jul 11 2005, 06:09 PM, said:

We just get Chinese people running around saying "DVD?!" "DVD?!" "DVD!" to you, other than that it's all good when it comes to illegal stuff.

But it's fake. I wouldn't settle for some fake shiz when I can get the real thing for the same price or less. Plus like I said before they don't take time to check the materials for safety hazards and other stuff like that. You could go and buy a pistol off them and all of a sudden it fires and blows off your right toe.

#5   Luna 

• Disciple
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:26 PM

XD lmao. There were lots of those in New York.

People do that kind of thing everywhere. Here, it's much more small though. And secret. You have to go this little store that's hidden in the middle of everything and everyone.

It's supposed to be secret but everyone know's about it o.o; And no one cares.

#6   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:01 PM

Wha!?!?!? Mobs? Organized crime is SOOOO 1920s. :o
              I haven't heard of a Mafia-esque organization since I was born. Down here in Texas, there's an outlet store which sells faux designer handbags, but its Chinese imports - not the mob.

I just find that kinda strange, mobs around in 05 . . .

#7   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:11 PM

Andross, on Jul 11 2005, 07:01 PM, said:

Wha!?!?!? Mobs? Organized crime is SOOOO 1920s. :o
                I haven't heard of a Mafia-esque organization since I was born. Down here in Texas, there's an outlet store which sells faux designer handbags, but its Chinese imports - not the mob.

I just find that kinda strange, mobs around in 05 . . .

That's what the news cast at CP24 stated the organized-crime as. They also stated them as the "Mafia" and what not. You get what they are trying to say.

Funny how most of you guys say you see chinese people doing committing these crimes. The chinese mafia holds a lot of power when it comes down to illegal imported goods.

#8   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:22 PM

I never said the Chinese were committing these crimes - I said it's a Chinese import (and it's a major, legal store). Unless the Chinese imports thing just popped that idea into your head :o

#9   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:34 PM

Andross, on Jul 11 2005, 07:22 PM, said:

I never said the Chinese were committing these crimes - I said it's a Chinese import (and it's a major, legal store). Unless the Chinese imports thing just popped that idea into your head :o

Thanks for stating that but it wasn't only addressed at you. It was to all those who posted before you. I also never spoke of you saying that you see chinese people committing these crimes. ;) Though the fact I stated before is correct. Most stuff that you see in stores are made in China. Some of that stuff is illegal. They must hold some power in illegal goods don't you think?

#10   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:41 PM

No one has control over the stuff they buy (which is all from China) because the mega-corps all outsource to there. If the jobs were kept here . . .

I don't believe most retail items in the US are illegally made in China though. But other places, well, piracy brings in lots of money over there ($1 a day can be a month's salary in some third world countries :o )

#11   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                        • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:06 AM

Actually, the DVD's the chinese sell are WAY cheaper than originals. You can buy 5 CD's from them for £10 where as normally it would cost me £100 if they cost £20 each. They are copied of course but you get the idea.

#12   Elliott 

• Cool
                          • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
                          • AKA Agatio

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:33 AM

All you need is the disc. Case, booklet, and CD print (what's physically on the disc) are ok, but as long as I have the material I couldn't care less if it's burnt. Though in some cases I do prefer to own the real thing.

#13   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                            • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:00 PM

Like games, I never buy pirate games since it just feels dirty. But I do sell copied music discs at school to make some spare cash sometimes.

#14   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                              • Group: Admin

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:01 PM

This has been a problem in Toronto from what I got from the news.

Don't shop at Malvern Mall, Ceadabrae or any other "cheap local 'malls'" and you'll be fine.

I buy name brand clothes (it's the only thing I have really) and I have not had a problem with this.

#15   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:09 PM

nick1presta, on Jul 12 2005, 07:01 PM, said:

Don't shop at Malvern Mall, Ceadabrae or any other "cheap local 'malls'" and you'll be fine.

I buy name brand clothes (it's the only thing I have really) and I have not had a problem with this.

Nick, I live in the Malvern area and my families car has been stolen once and the "H" on our Honda Oddessy was mugged. :o We can't drive to another store to gather are things. The Malvern mall is all we got. Most of the stuff there is fake as you stated and you get some guy trying to sell you junk from the back of the mall or from his car.

#16   loz 

• Knight
                                • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:12 PM

I live in a small town, well its not small anymore but yea everyones nice who you run into, no crimes here...I think, even downtown, okay downtown gets lots of crime but not that often. But yea theres lots of druggys and stuff downtown they sit on the benches and talk to their imaginary friends x_x;;

We never have mobs not that I heard of yet...

people are suicidal here also, one person at the university couldnt take it anymore(as in got so frustrated with his classes) and he jumped head first off the skywalk O.o...but thats the worst that happened I think..

Oh and did I tell you the Movie "The Hunt" is like the first movie filmed in our downtown n.n my dad saw them filming it once too

#17   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
                                    • Group: Admin

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:26 PM

Nick, I live in the Malvern area and my families car has been stolen once and the "H" on our Honda Oddessy was mugged.  We can't drive to another store to gather are things. The Malvern mall is all we got. Most of the stuff there is fake as you stated and you get some guy trying to sell you junk from the back of the mall or from his car.

I'm not saying Malvern sucks as I've been to MM many times to buy gear, but you take the risk of getting fake stuff.

#18   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                      • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:30 PM

Sounds like a godamn flea market. Isn't Canadia a bit too cold to be wearing basketball kits and stuff?

#19   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:35 PM

Nick, Malvern does suck. we get shootings, drug dealers, and stuff like that. Though, this is just my opinion.

Anyways, I hear you about the stuff you can get down here. It's not cheap in some places even though it's fake but people down here don't really seem to care. Then they all wonder how a guy got shot with a gun. Later they find out he is linked with a gang that gets it's supply from the mafia.

#20   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:03 PM

When it comes to mafias...

I don't really think there's anyone that organized here. There's just one or two mobs that exist cause of soccer teams. They're called the Ultra and the Doce (or 12). If one of the guys from the 12 does something, ANYTHING, to ANYONE from the Ultra, they get "taken care of" :).

#21   My Best Wishes 

• Master Adept
                                            • AKA watch

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:40 AM

Agatio, on Jul 12 2005, 08:59 AM, said:

We don't have mobs in Australia. The worst we get are the Asian or Wog gangs with their knives, and that's more towards the city anyway.

Yea just some crap in the actual city, Underworld killings as the media calls them.

I buy fake stuff. My ps2 is chipped, only reason i bought a ps2. Ps2 is my fav but i'm not buying a console where i have to pay $80-$100 for ONE game, well one good game. My family doesn't buy fake dvds, get them on ebay and from friends overseas.

The cops and stuff did crack down on the dvds at markets about 1-2 months ago. Two years jail and $60k fine for people SELLING them, just the people they catch, doesn't matter if your're in charge. If your standing there getting like $8 a hour for some crook guy doesn't matter. Then they had to crack down on ps2/xbox games about a month later :o

People still do it tho, just in 'secert'

Page 1 of 1
                                            • You cannot start a new topic
                                            • You cannot reply to this topic