• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

For Those With Psp... Firmware 2.0

#1   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:34 AM

The newest version of firmware was been released. Firmware 2.0 has a few new features, most noticeably, a supported internet browser as well as increased video and picture functions, wallpaper, and others.

http://psp.ign.com/a...5/635505p1.html

Also, here is the link to the firmware (JAPANESE VERSION):

http://infinity-stuf...re2.0/EBOOT.PBP

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING FIRMWARE

Inside your PSP drive (It's K: for me), create a folder called "PSP" (without the quotes). Inside that folder, create another folder called "GAMES" (without the quotes). Inside that, create a final folder called "UPDATES" (without the quotes).

Put the EBOOT file in there and then select the update from the games menu on your PSP. Run the install, wait for it to finish, then go to Settings > System Settings > Sys. Information > Check firmware.

Tada.

If that doesn't work or you get an error, you will have to wait for the North American Version (Release time is about midday on the 27th).

NOTE: If you already had those folders created, just place the EBOOT inside the UPDATE folder and run. Also, I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your PSP or PC.

#2   Andross 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:11 AM

Do not install or upgrade your firmware unless you want FEWER ways to mess around and "hack" your PSP.

You'll lose the ability to do stuff like play ROMS on your PSP. Although, that is dependent upon whether or not you want that browser.

#3   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:22 PM

Do not install or upgrade your firmware unless you want FEWER ways to mess around and "hack" your PSP.

You'll lose the ability to do stuff like play ROMS on your PSP. Although, that is dependent upon whether or not you want that browser.

That is true. I have about 12 SNES ROMS on my PSP but I own all the games for SNES anyways so yes, I will be upgrading soon because I want the browser.

And since the 2.0 firmware adds many more things, that's more things left open to hack. I suspect firmware 2.0 will be hacked by the end of August and tada, more emulator and hacking again.

#4   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Group: Members
          • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:11 AM

Please can someone tell me how to get roms onto the psp, im having a bit of trouble with it. Anyway, I might try the Firmware, it doesnt sound bad.

Page 1 of 1
          • You cannot start a new topic
          • You cannot reply to this topic