Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Smash Bros. Melee Discuss it here!

#1   Alex 

• Lord
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:GS, Naruto, RK, Basketball, Baseball, TOS, and other stuff.

Posted 01 August 2005 - 12:15 PM

I just saw a little bit of preview in Nintendo Power, and some of the most wanted characters were Wario and Toad. If you have any more info, post it here.

#2   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • AKA Me111

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:12 PM

When you say wanted does it mean what characters fans want in the game or characters that will definitely be in the game? If they are in it, then it is good to see new characters in the game.
      I will have to wait for the UK Nintendo magazine before I find anything out.

#3   Blink 

• Disciple
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:56 PM

No, wanted as in the fans want them. Top chances of apperance are: An alternate F-Zero character(probably Samurai Goroh), Olimar & Louie, alternate Metroid character(probably Kraid, Dark Samus, or Ridley), Diddy, Wario, Toad, Pit, and an alternate Earthbound character.

Souce is my brain :) and common sense...

PS. Online will rock. And shouldn't we wait until it's a real game to actually have a topic about it? It's all speculation, aside from two words, "Online sequel"

#4   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
          • Group: Admin

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:04 PM

None of that is confirmed, but as said, it is merely fan speculation and desire for new characters and playability.

I'd be quite content, if in addition to the current cast of characters, there is Link/Wolf Link (from the upcoming Twilight Princess)... Diddy Kong, MetaKnight, certainly, as well as a new Fire Emblem character (Ephraim, Eirikia) and at least one or two of the new bounty hunters set to debut in Metroid Prime Hunters.

#5   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:38 PM

There's been no info regarding the title, characters, or general gameplay, save that it will be playable online.

Who I'd LIKE to see is Ridley and Toad, especially Ridley. That would awesome . . . evil dragons . . . ooooo, yeah . . .

#6   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
              • Interests:Go Away...

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:40 PM

I would want to see Wario. He would be an interesting charecter to use, and Ridley would also be a cool charecter to see.

#7   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

I don't want to see any other Mario characters in there - it'll be a bit too saturated, and it's likely that they'll skimp in the end and just duplicate characters. If they didn't duplicate the characters the next time around, that'd be a lot better, and they should then include EVERY character within the franchise that was a major one.

#8   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:50 PM

They should add more charecters from Earthbound. I think they should add Jeff, Paula, or even a starman. ( If anyone played the game, you'll know them). They are concentrating on putting more charecters in from Mario and Pokemon that they ignored the games like Metroid or Earthbound.

#9   Blue 

• Master Adept
                    • Interests:Video Games and Drift Racing

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:53 PM

I hope they don't add any more Pokemon. Too many already. The only good one is Mewtwo, and its only because he's an evil pokemon.

#10   Neon 

• Disciple

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:02 AM

I'm sure they said somewhere it would be a launch game <<

But knowing nintendo, that means it will be out 7 months after the release :\

#11   Alex 

• Lord
                      • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:12 PM

A character that I would want to see is Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia. You'd think Dark Samus would just be a remake of Samus, and even then the looks would be pretty much the same. I mean, if you can remeber, there's already a color for Samus that is dark-colored. The moves would be pretty identical too, wouldn't you think? I mean, how many differnt movess can you make up?

#12   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                          • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:45 PM

Have you seen Ridely in SSBM? The guy is bigger then the stage how are you suppose to play as him. Maybe if you could fight him that would be sick but him as a playable character? I don't think so.

I would like to see some Lloyd from TOS in there and Sonic if possible. Also Wario and Waluigi wouldn't be so bad but I think they have to many Mario characters. Why don't they just get the whole ghey lot in there.

I wish they would take out the pokemon characters since all we really need is Pikachu right?

#13   lifeform287 

• Chaos Lord
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • Interests:Microsoft Paint, Golden Sun, Virtual Stuff and<br />METROID!!<br /><br />What d'ya want? A cookie?<br />GO LOOK AT SOMEONE ELSE'S INTRESTS!

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:53 PM

Take out Pikachu, Pichu and Puff. Mewtwo owns.

How about Zoras? I mean, the throw out fin thing from MM? And the melee attacks. It works perfectly!

#14   Andross 

• Disciple

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:05 AM

Pikachu is actually a decent character, but Pichu and Jigglypuff are pretty much worthless.

#15   TheEnglishman 

• Master Adept
                                • AKA Me111

Posted 03 August 2005 - 10:09 AM

Echo_djinn, on Aug 3 2005, 12:45 AM, said:

I would like to see some Lloyd from TOS in there and Sonic if possible. Also Wario and Waluigi wouldn't be so bad but I think they have to many Mario characters. Why don't they just get the whole ghey lot in there.

It would be extremly unlikely for sonic to be in the game as he isn't a nintendo character. However I would like it if he could be in the game as well. Maybe they will make an exception.

#16   Blink 

• Disciple
                                  • Interests:Video games, RPGs, Flight Sims, Art, Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Golden Sun...<br /><br />omg this used to be mah sig.<br />[url=http://www.gameroom.com/blinkcomic]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/OTHER/blinkstale.jpg[/img]<br />[/url][url=http://www.get--a--life.com/POLKA/polkaindex.html]<br />[img]http://www.get--a--life.com/IMG/polkabanner8.gif[/img]<br />[/url]&lt;&lt;--Click!

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:23 PM

A. Pichu was the new Ness in SSBM, the character that was so hard to control it damaged itself, while being lightweight. So, Pichu stays.

B. Pikachu is classic, and good.

C. Jiggly Puff is a classic, and the most humiliating character to be downed by. So, Puff stays.

D. Zoras won't be a playable character. Transformation Link might be, but you can't just choose a generic character.

E. Dark Samus is a total must. She's got a total black covering with blue glowing out, so the blue would be the changeable color. And if you've ever played Metroid Prime 2, you'll know that Dark Samus's moves are completely different from Samus's, sans the "shoot" attack. DSamus could have a sidedash move like Fox does, that move where she goes up in the air and rockets towards you, Phazon shooting, and the ground smashing move she has as the 4 different B moves.

F. Lloyd and Sonic won't show up. All characters in SSB are Nintendo made. Note: Super Smash Brothers = Super Mario Brothers(but with smashing)

G. YES, it will be a launch day game. If it wasn't, there would be masses of angry Ninty fanboys swarming their office and killing them all. The mere thought of that not being true would crush their minds.

#17   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                    • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:06 PM

Fox might need some new moves, too. He's been gived exceptionally more weaponry as of Star Fox Assault, so if they want to keep him up to date, then he should have use to artillery like that. He can ause a machine gun for Smash Side and his blaster bolts could use a colour change. I don't know, maybe a Grenade attack for B + Up, Homing launcher for B + Side, and a Barrier for B + Down.

#18 Guest_stig_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:52 AM

they should have the option to buy different specilas for all of the charaters so mario could buy a water hose and link could get biggorons sword and transform and gannondorf could shoot lasers and fox and falco could have more weaopons and that sort of thing

#19   InfiniteEcho 

• New User
                                      • Interests:I simply like video games, it gets me occupied.

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:32 AM

How about some golden sun characters? that would be nice! :o

#20   Mars Djinni 

• Master Adept
                                        • Interests:Martial Arts:<br />- Weapons (Bo staff :D)<br />- Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Filipino styles<br /><br />Video Games: <br />Fire Emblem, Zelda, Megaman, Super Smash Bros., Age of Empires/Mythology, Final Fantasy, etc.<br /><br />Movies, Web Design, Foruming-ing-ing, Sprites and Digital Art, Drawing, Writing, Anime, etc.

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:38 AM

Golden Sun isn't as popular as before, and it won't be as recognisable by the time it comes out. So Golden Sun, we can rule out.

#21   Crimson Barrel Knight 

• Chaos Lord
                                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                          • Location:Right behind you ... again.
                                          • Interests:Anime, manga, translating romanji, drawing, playing video games, etc.

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:28 AM

Blink, on Aug 3 2005, 05:23 PM, said:

A. Pichu was the new Ness in SSBM, the character that was so hard to control it damaged itself, while being lightweight. So, Pichu stays.

B. Pikachu is classic, and good.

C. Jiggly Puff is a classic, and the most humiliating character to be downed by. So, Puff stays.

D. Zoras won't be a playable character. Transformation Link might be, but you can't just choose a generic character.

E. Dark Samus is a total must. She's got a total black covering with blue glowing out, so the blue would be the changeable color. And if you've ever played Metroid Prime 2, you'll know that Dark Samus's moves are completely different from Samus's, sans the "shoot" attack. DSamus could have a sidedash move like Fox does, that move where she goes up in the air and rockets towards you, Phazon shooting, and the ground smashing move she has as the 4 different B moves.

F. Lloyd and Sonic won't show up. All characters in SSB are Nintendo made. Note: Super Smash Brothers = Super Mario Brothers(but with smashing)

G. YES, it will be a launch day game. If it wasn't, there would be masses of angry Ninty fanboys swarming their office and killing them all. The mere thought of that not being true would crush their minds.

Just a quick thought ...

It wasn't solely Nintendo that made the game, but rather Hal Labratories, the creators of Kirby. I mean, even if it is a division of Nintendo, there could be mixed solutions ...

#22   Alex 

• Lord
                                          • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:21 PM

Even with all the new characters, I'll probably stick with good old Samus and Link. They can rock you like no one you've ever seen if you use them right. However, I still wish Lloyd would show up in that game...

#23   Venus dude 21 

• Chaos Lord
                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                              • Location:That place....over there...
                                              • Interests:Just being me.

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:02 PM

It would be awesome if they put in a character like shy guy. THere are so many variations that could be his moves, like spear guy, or ballon guy, or medi-guy *all from paper mario 1* or sonic. or shadow.

#24   Golden Djinn13 

• Disciple
                                                • Location:Outside your window, watching....waiting

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:08 PM

It would be cool to see paper mario in there, or maybe link from the gameboy games ( probably minish link)

Page 1 of 1
                                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                                • You cannot reply to this topic