• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Magic: The Gathering Yu-Gi-Oh, beware!

#1   Luna 

• Disciple
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:02 PM

Sheba is being evuhl, so Sheba is creating a counter-topic for teh already made Yu-Gi-Oh topic. Sheba is doing this because she prefers Magic over Yu-Gi and she thinks that Yu-Gi sucks...no offense to anyone x.x;;

Sheba only has 2 decks. One White deck and another Onslaught deck right out of the box, nothing altered...

Sheba also has a card that almost no one has. It's called Quicksilver Dragon and it is a Blue Dragon o.o;... Sheba has only seen one other person with this card and she would like to know if anyone else here hash it o.o;

Now, Sheba will stop talking in third person, even though it's amusing, and she will wait and see if someone else posts here o.o;;;

btw, Sheba plays this game VERY rarely... so Sheba sucks at knowing stuff about it n.n;;

#2   Elliott 

• Cool
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Veterans
      • Interests:Metal, philosophy, percussion, literature, writing, theology, personal fitness, live music, tattoos.
      • AKA Agatio

Posted 11 May 2004 - 03:48 AM

lol, talking in 3rd person sounds coolies, Agatio likes very much. Yu-Gi-Oh is cool as. Don't bag it Sheba. Oh and I've never really heard of Magic: The Gathering so I can't say much about it...

*leaves topic not planning to return very soon*

#3   el_Sethro 

• Chaos Lord
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:24 AM

Magic rocks, though we admit that we havn't played it much lately at all. we have a Blue/Black deck, though it has no cards from the newest serieses as we have been neglecting it as of late ^_^ .

we also prefer talking in the plural form of the first person instead of the singular third person. that's just our opinion, though.

we also strongly agree with sheba about the suckiness factor of Yu-Gi-Oh!. however; Yu-Gi-Oh!'s suckiness factor comes nowhere near the suckiness factor of Pokémon cards.

we apologize if we've offended anyone.

#4   Zaffa Dot Xom 

• Berserker
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Anime, manga, drawing, Adobe Photoshop, music, Sprite, and skibableedoosh!!

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:42 PM

Zaffa Dot Xom implies that none of you should say that Yu-Gi-Oh! sucks anywhere. Zaffa Dot Xom just got angrier because of the inactiveness his Manga Review topic, school, and this.

Zaffa Dot Xom will never call Magic: The Gathering, or any other card game sucky, therefore, there should be no racism (in-joke) between each party from two other card games.

No, Zaffa Dot Xom will not imply that Pokémon sucks either.

#5   Ivan1555 

• Knight
          • PipPip
            • Interests:My Interests are Golden Sun (of course), soccer, any running game, and there is a lot more like Ps2. My favourite played game is Ratchet Clank Going Commando. It's cool.

Posted 11 May 2004 - 02:09 PM

Ivan1555 doesn't really like Yu-Gi-Oh anymore. Ivan1555 gets bored of Yu-Gi-Oh and he is now selling his cards to very stupid people. Ivan1555 has a friend that has Magic cards and Ivan1555 is trying to learn Magic these days...

(Ivan1555 doesn't say that Yu-Gi-Oh sucks or Pokemon, Ivan1555 says it is just broing to him. Ivan1555 also says that they are really good stuff, but it bores Ivan1555)

#6   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:51 PM

Sheba is impressed at making everyone talk like thish O.o;;;

And Sheba apologizes once more to say that Yu-Gi-Oh sucks, she didn't mean to offend anyone x.x;;

AAAND, Sheba is still wanting to know if anyone else has either a Quicksilver Dragon or at least a Blue Dragon o.o;

#7   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                • AKA Horasu

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:56 PM

MysticWarrior has heard of Magic: The Gathering here and there, but MysticWarrior has never gotten around to buying the deck because everyone in MysticWarrior's school doesn't have Magic: The Gathering.

#8   Eugine 

• Master Adept
                  • AKA YouTube Dude

Posted 22 May 2004 - 04:18 PM

Well Yu-Gi-Oh Cards are really popular at my school. No one really have Pokemon cards anymore. I never really like the Pokemon cards anyways. I used to collect yugioh cards and stuff but now i only watch the show and um never heard about Magi: the gathering.

#9   Neo 

• Disciple
                    • AKA Neo_Genesis

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:09 AM

Let me explain a few things Sheba... i played Magic for almost 2 years, and i loved it. but then they kept making cards, but they all became worser and worser. now, the eight series, are just crap. then i began to play yu-gi-oh... and i quite liked it. even more then Magic. the problem with magic is: mana, it's useless. i don't want mana. sacrificing is just better. I always got trouble with magic cause i didn't pulled any mana (but my deck was almsot half mana)... so now i play yu-gi-oh... but sometimes i still play Magic.

#10   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                      • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
                      • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:26 PM

I heardly play it, but when i did, i had this deck that basically rewarded you for likking all your creatures and artifacts. heh heh - edit of mirrodins 'sacrificial bam'. my rarest card is glissa sunseeker

#11   Izar 

• Master Adept
                        • Interests:Gaming, History, Christian Music, Comedy

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:35 PM

I don't like any type of card. Tried them all, hate them all. Yu-Gi-Oh is the better, but still, I don't like it. I'm not saying they suck, I just don't like them.

#12   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                          • AKA Horasu

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:42 PM

I just noticed this is a game, so it should be in "other games".

~MOVED~

#13   Dullahan 

• Disciple
                            • Interests:football, rock and punk music, videogames, snooker, golf.

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:22 AM

I'm a big MTG fan although i haven't played for ages, i've got a red goblin deck, a blue-green threshold deck, a red-green beatdown deck, a blue-black psychatog deck, a blue wizard deck, a green fattie deck and a white cleric deck. I can't Yugi oh and this is much more entertaining and doesn't come with the annoying TV show.

Dullahan has two Quicksilver Dragon of which Sheba speaks. Dullahan also has around 30 other dragons from recent sets and that many legends like a shiny Kamahl, Fist of Krosa and Mirari. Dullahan feels betrayed by wizards for releasing the crappy Mirrodin block of which Dullahan has no use, this leaves Dullahan with 8th Edition which collects frenetically and is missing about 50 cards in the set. Dullahan probably won't buy any more Magic and will be lucky yo play a game again. This saddens Dullahan. Dullahan likes speaking in third person, it amuses him.

#14   Papercut 

• Knight
                            • PipPip

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:10 AM

I'm going to actually step up and say that Yu-Gi-Oh! sucks, as does the Pokemon TCG. Magic is by far the best of the TCGs, and suffers no competition. Those other two games, to use the term lightly, are focused too much on very young children for me. I don't know how old any of you are, but I'll be 19 within the month, and I don't go for that kind of game.

#15   MysticWarrior 

• Disciple
                                • AKA Horasu

Posted 05 July 2004 - 01:30 PM

I respect your opinion, but keep MtG into it's own topic, please.

#16   Nemphtis 

• Master Adept
                                  • Interests:Video Games & Hentai
                                  • AKA Anubis or Anu-chan

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:07 PM

Well not a big trading card fan myself, reason being that hardly anyone in my area deals with trading cards so I'd nearly always be the only one with them, in the area. And because I'd rather be spending my cash on my Video Games & Animé rather than on TCG's.

#17   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:35 AM

Who plays on this forum and what's your best/rarest cards?

#18   Gattaca 

• Squire
                                    • Pip
                                      • Location:my little white padded room, canada
                                      • Interests:well... um.... GS obviously... torment (the game :D)... and tacos..... mmm tacos.... :P oooo and invader zim :D

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:56 PM

i play.... though i never really played so extensively to go out and buy the 15 dollar cards and stuff like that,.... i just stuck with my 10 cent ones :angry: so i don't really have n e

#19   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                        • Interests:Gaming, Driving, Water sports, Karate, Magic the Gathering, Reading fantasy novels, My job (Holy crap im so glad I can say that), Lots of Music, Photography and so on.
                                        • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:34 AM

My rarest is glissa sunseeker - the "hero" from Mirrodin. but i dont play to much, im more of a colletor

#20   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:23 AM

My rarest card is a foil Kamahl, fist of Krosa, the hero of Onslaught.
                                          Other rarities include;
                                          Gerrard Capashen
                                          Crosis, the Purger
                                          Horn of Greed
                                          Foil Ernham Djinn
                                          and Preadator, Flagship.

I used to be a player, but now i'm more of a collector, i've only got 40 cards left to get in Eigth Edition!

#21   «Raziel v3.0» 

• New User
                                            • Interests:Playing RPGs, doing RPGs with RPG Maker 2003, go out with REAL friends, watch humor stuff on tv and randomly surf on the net.<br><br>That's about all.

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:47 AM

I love that game! I have an elvish deck, it only has elfs as creatures. It becomes strong over a few turns because of cards like:

-WellWisher (you gain 1 LP for each elf in play)
                                            -The Indiferent (power and defence equal to the number of elves in play)
                                            -Sarcastic elf (when it attacks, all creatures are forced to block him, combo this with a monstruous growing or give him a Mythic Proportions for amazing results)
                                            -Elvish Guidance (Enchanted terrain, when tapped adds one green mana for each elf in play)

And many other.

My rarest cards are:

-Glissa Sunseeker (Elf/Legend, first strike and can destroy an artifact when tapped)
                                            -Mythic Proportions (Enchanted creature gets +8/+8)
                                            -Vitalizing wind (Your creatures get +7/+7 till the end of your turn)

#22   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:59 AM

I 've got a Vitalizing Wind, haven't used it yet though. I've also got 2 Decree of Savagery (put 4 +1/+1 counters on creatures you control).

My best deck is my Red Goblin comprised of mostly goblins.
                                              Here's the best bits of it.

Goblin Goon- 4 mana, 6/6 goblin, do i need to say more?

Goblin Warchief- My goblins cost 1 less to play and have haste.

Mogg Maniac- Whenever he's dealt damage you get to do that much to target opponent!

Shock- there isn't a better burn spell (except Arc Lightning)

Coat of Arms- Turns them into monsters, each creature in play gets +1/+1 for each other creature in play that shares a type with it.

Shivan Dragon- Not a goblin (duh), but as good as anything for winning a game.

My friend uses an Elf deck but i don't think it's as good as yours, it's focused around Elvish champions and Heedless Ones, also has some 5/5 elf mutant from Scourge and that annoying get who has tap:target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of elves in play.

Ha Ha Elves didn't get a war chief lol.

#23   «Raziel v3.0» 

• New User
                                                • Interests:Playing RPGs, doing RPGs with RPG Maker 2003, go out with REAL friends, watch humor stuff on tv and randomly surf on the net.<br><br>That's about all.

Posted 31 July 2004 - 05:03 AM

Dullahan, on Jul 31 2004, 06:59 AM, said:

some 5/5 elf mutant from Scourge and that annoying get who has tap:target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of elves in play.

I also have that +X/+X elf and one that does the same but for mana of the color of your choise. I used the mutant elf for a while, but its just too expensive, and my deck its suposed to be quick.

If any of you know of any good elf cards be sure to tell me eh? ;)

#24   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 31 July 2004 - 05:07 AM

I'm imagining you use Llanowar elves, taunting elf is good, but 'lure' style cards are banned in our games.

Skyshroud Poacher isn't an elf but he's amazing

http://www.starcitygames.com/cardscans/MAGNEM/MAGNEM243.jpg

I could do with Mogg catcher that does it for Goblins.

#25   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                    • Location:Karratha, Australia
                                                    • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:05 AM

Ive got this awesome combo:
                                                    Kilnmouth dragon (tap to deal damage equal to # of +1/+1 counters on it
                                                    Forge Armour: Sacrifice artifact, put that artifacts converted mana cost's worth of +1/+1 counters on a creature
                                                    Draco: converte mana cost = 16.
                                                    that deals a whopping 16 damage. I love it. Except I dont have any dracos. Or Kilnmouth dragons. Or even any forge armours for that matter... Can someone give me some? ^_^

I love the kilnmouth, he is my favourite card, i dont have one though.

#26   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 02 August 2004 - 06:12 AM

I've got two Kilnmouth Dragons and getting a third tomorrow. It's not as good as Shivan Dragon in my opinion. I collect dragons, 8th Edition and Legends (as in the type not the set), here are some of my dragons and dragon related cards:

2 Shivan Dragon
                                                      2 Two-Headed Dragon
                                                      2 Kilnmouth Dragon
                                                      2 Imperial Hellkite
                                                      2 Dragon Mage
                                                      2 Quicksilver Dragon
                                                      2 Bladewing, the Risen
                                                      1 Crosis, the Purger
                                                      1 Dromar, the banisher
                                                      1 Dragon Tyrant
                                                      1 Furnace Dragon
                                                      1 Draco
                                                      1 Vampiric Dragon
                                                      1 Fledgling Dragon
                                                      1 Worldgorger Dragon
                                                      3 Dragonspeaker Shaman
                                                      1 Dragonstorm
                                                      1 Day of the Dragons

That's all i can remember, the ones i really want are Darigaaz, the igniter, Rith, the awakener and Shivan Hellkite.

As for legends...

2 Kamahl, Fist of Krosa (1 foil)
                                                      1 Silvos, Rogue Elemental
                                                      2 Arcanis, the Omnipotent
                                                      2 Mistform Ultimus
                                                      2 Bladewing the Risen
                                                      1 Sliver Overlord
                                                      1 Braids, Dementia Summoner
                                                      1 Pianna, Nomad Captain
                                                      1 Mirari
                                                      1 Ambassador Laquatus
                                                      1 Chainer, Dementia Master
                                                      1 Balthor, the Stout
                                                      1 Llanawan, Cephalid Empress
                                                      1 Thriss, Nantuko Primus
                                                      1 Commander Eesha
                                                      1 Jeska, Warrior Adept
                                                      1 Bosh, Iron Golem
                                                      1 Mindslaver
                                                      1 Sword of Kaldra
                                                      1 Crosis, the Purger
                                                      1 Dromar, the banisher
                                                      1 Captain Sisay
                                                      1 Hanna, Ship's Navigator
                                                      1 Atalya, Samite Master
                                                      1 Empress Galina
                                                      1 Ertai, the Corrupted
                                                      1 Gerrard Capashen
                                                      1 Preadator, Flagship
                                                      1 Orim, Master Healer
                                                      1 Kor Haven
                                                      1 Pendlehaven
                                                      1 Multani, Maro Sorceror

I think that's all of them, I'd like Kamahl, Pit Fighter, Darigaaz, Rith and Tsabo Tavoc.

I'm now only missing 28 cards from 8th Edition, most of which are Black.

Green Kamahl is probably my favourite card, he makes his own army and kicks ass!

http://www.arenamagica.com/imagens/KamahlFistofKrosa.jpg

#27   Luna 

• Disciple

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:04 PM

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered I knew the guy that is the second best Magic player in my country x.x; I wash pretty amazed o.o;

#28   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                          • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 04 August 2004 - 05:36 AM

I've got two Kilnmouth Dragons and getting a third tomorrow.

You wouldn't by anychance mind sending me one of would ya? Kidding. I collect Dragons to, If a collection is considered a collection if it consists of one thing. And that one thing is Dragonstorm. This big buy looks alot cooler than the Shivan; In my opinion that is

#29   summoner of darkness 

• Squire
                                                          • Pip
                                                            • Joined: 04-August 04
                                                            • Location:lethbridge, alberta, canada

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:43 AM

i myself prefer magic the gathering. i have a few decks but my favorite is a black deck i put together. my favorite cards in it r: Ihsan's Shade, and Reaver Demon.
                                                            i think yugioh is retarded. i cant stand it.

#30   Dullahan 

• Disciple
                                                              • Joined: 22-June 04
                                                              • Location:may scare you

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:06 AM

Shivan Dragon, in my opinion, is the best dragon of them all, Two Headed Dragon is second, when i play one of the players in my playgroup (a green player) and Shivan Dragon comes out, 9/10 times it kills him, sometimes he gets a wing snare.
                                                              It also kills the black user if he doesn't kill it. Two Headed is ultra powerful aswell, i'd like to see green block this one. As for looks these two and either Dragon Mage or Dragon Tyrant are the best looking.

http://www.mediocreminds.com/03q1/reviews/games/magic/shivan_dragon.jpg

http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities/box-topper-two-headed-dragon-front.jpg

http://www.magic.pepweb.nl/pictures/dragonty.jpg

http://www.robertwray.co.uk/mtg/images/cards/dragon_mage.JPG

I got a third Shivan Dragon but the Kilnmouth was gone, i also made a sideboard for blue green threshold deck (my best deck) and i've a mono red goblin and a green red beatdown that are very difficult to beat.

Ralziel, i've found some more elves that might fit inyo your deck

http://www.starcitygames.com/cardscans/MAGONS/MAGONS689.jpg

http://www.magictrade.dk/images/kort/urzas_destiny/Rofellos,%20Llanowar%20Emissary.JPG

Rofellos, is very good, but very rare but i've got him.

#31   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                • Joined: 08-June 04
                                                                • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 07 August 2004 - 03:19 AM

Thats kind like the viridian joiner, only a little better and the joiner is common. all you have to do with the joiner is give it some equipment to boost its power.

#32   Dullahan 

• Disciple
                                                                  • Posts: 1,225

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:21 AM

What set is the joiner from? I kind of ignored the Mirrodin block, i'm not the biggest fan of artifacts, so i wouldn't want to base a deck on them (although i tried) my favourite blocks are the Invasion and the Onslaught. Odyssey was okay.

I'll put my Threshold deck down now because i'm bored, give your opinion and put yours down.

Green/Blue Threshold

4 Wearbear
                                                                  4 Seton's Scout
                                                                  4 Nimble Mongoose
                                                                  4 Wild Mongrel
                                                                  1 Krosan Beast
                                                                  1 Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
                                                                  1 Ambassador Laquatus
                                                                  4 Roar of the Wurm
                                                                  4 Careful Study
                                                                  4 Mental Note
                                                                  4 Fact or Fiction
                                                                  3 Genesis
                                                                  3 Living Wish
                                                                  11 Forest
                                                                  8 Island

Sideboard

1 Thorn Elemental
                                                                  2 Yavimaya Coast
                                                                  1 Quicksilver Dragon
                                                                  1 Jolrael, Empress of Beasts
                                                                  3 Compost
                                                                  1 Crush of Wurms
                                                                  2 Willbender
                                                                  1 Arcanis, the Omnipotent
                                                                  2 Wonder
                                                                  1 Brawn

The deck puts itself into Threshold, very quickly using cards like Mental Note and Careful study (usually turn 3) then beats up the opponent with the pumped up Threshold creatures. 2 mana for a 4/4 Werebear very nice, wurm tokens provide big creatures and be discarded by Wild Mongrel and played for Flashback. Sideboard is mostly game winners that can be wished for. Compost is for black decks.

#33   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                    • Posts: 1,657
                                                                    • Gender:Male
                                                                    • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:23 AM

Just give me a sec

Creatures:
                                                                    4 kilnmouth Dragons (0)
                                                                    4 Draco (0)
                                                                    4 disciple of the vault (4)
                                                                    4 Myr retriever (2)
                                                                    4 pentavus (1)

Spells etc:
                                                                    4 Seething song (0)
                                                                    4 barter in blood (1)
                                                                    4 aphetto dredging (1)
                                                                    4 forge armour (0)
                                                                    2 skeleton shard (1)
                                                                    2 Vile requireum (1)

10 mountains + swamps (20)

(#'s in brackets is the number of those cards own) -- I'll write the deck that i use currenly later -- my cards are at my other house

yes the joiner is from mirrodin.

#34   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:32 AM

I've got my beatdown and goblin decks aswell but i can't remember them fully, they just don't have sideboards and they win a lot.

#35   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                        • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 09 August 2004 - 05:52 AM

i love decks that you sarifice your own stuff Ie: mirrodins "sacrificial bam" -- my favourite deck that i have reconstructed with a few of my own cards.

PS: does anyone play apprentice AND have msn messenger? cause i need some people to paly with

#36   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:06 AM

My othrt two really good decks:

Goblin Deck

2 Shivan Dragon
                                                                          4 Goblin Goon
                                                                          4 Goblin Warchief
                                                                          4 Raging Goblin
                                                                          3 Goblin Matron
                                                                          4 Firebolt

2 Coat of Arms
                                                                          16 Mountain
                                                                          4 Skirk Marauder
                                                                          4 Skirk Prospector
                                                                          4 Shock

4 Fire/Ice
                                                                          2 Siege-Gang Commander
                                                                          1 Seismic Assault
                                                                          4 Gempalm Incinarator
                                                                          3 Forgotten Cave
                                                                          2 Mogg Maniac
                                                                          2 Mogg Sentry

Red Green Beatdown

3 Skirk Marauder
                                                                          7 Mountain
                                                                          3 Seal of Fire

4 Call of the Herd
                                                                          4 Simoon
                                                                          2 Living Wish
                                                                          2 Blistering Firecat
                                                                          4 Karplusan Forest
                                                                          9 Forest
                                                                          4 Birds of Paradise
                                                                          4 Flametongue Kavu
                                                                          4 Blastoderm
                                                                          2 Genesis

3 Assault/Battery
                                                                          1 Silvos, Rogue Elemental
                                                                          4 Wild Mongrel

1 Shivan Wurm
                                                                          2 Ernham Djinn

i like sacrifice decks too, i bought sacrifical bam in Mirrodin and my threshold deck effectively sacrifices it's library. This may sound stupid but msn messenger? i don't know?

#37   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                            • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:10 AM

Quote

. This may sound stupid but msn messenger? i don't know?

Your right, it does sound stupid, but we dont judge here, we teach. MSN messenger is an instant messenger service. Dont worry about it man, its probly to much trouble, but if you still interested, i'll tell you more, but right now, ive gotta go for 30 mins. later

Oh yes, and i like magic the gathering to... * that should keep 'em happy*

#38   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:23 AM

Memories Remain, on Aug 7 2004, 06:23 AM, said:

Just give me a sec

Creatures:
                                                                              4 kilnmouth Dragons (0)
                                                                              4 Draco (0)
                                                                              4 Myr retriever (2)
                                                                              4 pentavus (1)

Spells etc:
                                                                              4 Seething song (0)
                                                                              4 barter in blood (1)
                                                                              4 aphetto dredging (1)
                                                                              4 forge armour (0)
                                                                              2 skeleton shard (1)
                                                                              2 Vile requireum (1)

(#'s in brackets is the number of those cards  own) -- I'll write the deck that i use currenly later -- my cards are at my other house

yes the joiner is from mirrodin.

Not a bad deck, it'd be better if you had most of it, this is what i've got of it;

Creatures:
                                                                              4 kilnmouth Dragons (2)
                                                                              4 Draco (1)
                                                                              4 Myr retriever (2)
                                                                              4 pentavus (1)

Spells etc:
                                                                              4 Seething song (0)
                                                                              4 barter in blood (0)
                                                                              4 aphetto dredging (0)
                                                                              4 forge armour (0)
                                                                              2 skeleton shard (1)
                                                                              2 Vile requireum (0)

Black isn't my colour, eithers white.

#39   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                                • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:47 AM

same, I hate white. Ive never used it and never will
                                                                                man, what i'd give for that draco and those kilnmouths... *sighs*

#40   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:25 AM

I don't hate white that much, i've got enough to make a deck, admittedly not a very good deck, i've few really good white cards:

Serra Angel
                                                                                  Exalted Angel
                                                                                  Avatar of Hope
                                                                                  Gerrard Capashen
                                                                                  Atalya, Samite Master

#41   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                    • Posts: 2,686
                                                                                    • Joined: 06-August 04
                                                                                    • Location:Ontario,Canada..Eh?
                                                                                    • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:42 AM

i have played magic for years but this year i haven't even touched my magic deck. O well u grow and understand some stuff aren't worth your time.

#42   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:44 AM

Or your deck was so bad you didn't want to play anymore.

#43   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept
                                                                                        • Interests:Myself, video games, sports,(especially basketball)T.V, the ladies and other things I have no time to mention. So now you know me and you proably already have fallen in love with me. Well, I can't blame you everyone else already loves me. :)

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:49 AM

Nope. I was pretty good. Used to play ppl all around my neighborhood.(maybe that doesn't prove am good but o well)

#44   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:30 AM

Then it was probably the same thing that temporarily stopped games in my playgroup, arguements over rules and "cheesey" cards and the like.

#45   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:43 AM

Thats one thing about Magic they really let the rules up in the air... problems like that really made it hard to play the game.

#46   TheDogWho 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                                                                              • Posts: 633
                                                                                              • Joined: 19-April 04
                                                                                              • Location:Mancheshire, England

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:11 AM

I have a no creature deck (can't be bothered to post it though) it's funny. Loses quite a bit but hey... Still fun.

#47   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:16 AM

No creature decks are no fun, the best part of magic is crushing a weaker army than yours.

You get classic duels like Silvos vs. Blood Pet

that's:

http://www.arenamagica.com/imagens/SilvosRogueElemental.jpg

and

http://mi.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/blood_pet.jpg

#48   TheDogWho 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:26 AM

Just a few Blazes, Dark Banishings and Arrests and ye'll be sorry. Possibly a Decree of Annilation...

#49   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:29 AM

I had a deck where the only creature was psychatog.

upheaval and psychatog on the same turn try surviving that one!!!

#50   TheDogWho 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:32 AM

Aw... No card called 'Mogg Knight' (FF Pun, kupo).

#51   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:33 AM

i put mogg knight in google images and it gave me mind sludge, kupo.

#52   Papercut 

• Knight
                                                                                                        • PipPip
                                                                                                          • Posts: 96
                                                                                                          • Joined: 07-February 04

Posted 10 August 2004 - 01:54 AM

Dullahan, on Aug 9 2004, 06:29 PM, said:

I had a deck where the only creature was psychatog.

upheaval and psychatog on the same turn try surviving that one!!!

Yeah, that was the big thing a while ago. The Psychatog deck was dominating.

#53   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:13 AM

My best one has never lost, in well over 50 games.

#54   Echo_djinn 

• Master Adept

Posted 12 August 2004 - 10:14 AM

Man i should get back to this card game still seems like it still popular

#55   TheDogWho 

• Chaos Lord
                                                                                                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:17 AM

Decrees aren't really that fun...
                                                                                                                Is there a card for that False God guy?

#56   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                  • Group: Moderator
                                                                                                                  • Posts: 11,988
                                                                                                                  • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                                                                  • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                                                                                  • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:09 PM

I love Magic :angry: I should play again some time. I only really play while my uncle's around. Yes my uncle plays magic, cool guy :silence: he's pretty good at it, once in a while I beat him, but thats usaully when he doesn't have enough mana and has to many creature cards. That always sucks :blink:

#57   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                    • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:45 AM

every time I want some new cards, i have to oreder them from somewhere else. man is it a pain or what!!. I just ordered 4 new boosters and sleeves, I'll get'em soon. I hope

Hey Dullahan, if you like magic, check out Anycraze.com. Its a place where you make custom cards, decks, chat in forums etc. Its pretty good

#58   Someone Else 

• High Sheriff
                                                                                                                      • Group: Moderator
                                                                                                                      • Posts: 11,988
                                                                                                                      • Joined: 21-July 04
                                                                                                                      • Location:Sitting on a fence and drinking root beer
                                                                                                                      • AKA Wind Dude (WD)

Posted 14 August 2004 - 09:28 PM

What's cool is that my uncles town has a shop where you can buy magic cards seperately FOR 10 CENTS!

Anyhoo... My favorite deck currently is a red deck, IT KICKS ***. Especially if I give one of my tougher creatures a really powerful artifact.

And Sheba I had no idea you played Magic! O o

#59   maker 

• Squire
                                                                                                                      • Pip
                                                                                                                        • Posts: 35
                                                                                                                        • Joined: 24-March 04

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:39 PM

I play magic off and on, im the best at my school, and everyone hates me because i always beat them with my OLD cards. although there are some really good collections kids have made, and yes a friends has like 5 copies of the dragon shebah speaks of...

#60   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:22 AM

i was bored sp made more decks, another 4 infact, making a total of 8.

In order of goodness they are:

Blue/Green Threshold
                                                                                                                          Goblin
                                                                                                                          Red/Green Beatdown
                                                                                                                          Green Fattie
                                                                                                                          Wizard
                                                                                                                          Black/Red Kill + Dragons
                                                                                                                          White Heal
                                                                                                                          Mirrodin Artifact.

Been playing alot more, my mate made a zombie deck which i thrashed with the top three.

#61   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                            • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:10 AM

Dues Ex Machina
                                                                                                                            3 Darksteel Forge
                                                                                                                            2 Myr Matrix
                                                                                                                            4 Mycosynth Golem
                                                                                                                            4 Krark-Clan Ironworks
                                                                                                                            17 Island
                                                                                                                            4 Silver Myr
                                                                                                                            3 Myr Incubator
                                                                                                                            4 Seat of the Synod
                                                                                                                            4 Thoughtcast
                                                                                                                            2 Broodstar
                                                                                                                            3 March of the Machines
                                                                                                                            4 Vedalken Archmage
                                                                                                                            2 Rush of Knowledge
                                                                                                                            4 Parallel Thoughts

Another cool one. If you want a whooping, this is the deck to verse!

#62   Dullahan 

• Disciple

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:00 AM

Got a few more good cards yesterday

3 Blistering Firecat (making a total of 5)
                                                                                                                              1 Chrome Mox
                                                                                                                              1 Helm of Kaldra
                                                                                                                              1 Death Wish
                                                                                                                              1 Kavu Titan

Anyone got the shield of Kaldra, i've got the helm and sword i just need the shield.

World Championship decks are supposed to be and i want the goblin one because of the four goblin piledrivers.

I van't say much about that deck i don't what half of it does.

#63   Mycarayne 

• Disciple
                                                                                                                                • AKA Memories Remain

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:39 AM

I've been waiting for this!
                                                                                                                                *MtG topic is revived*

To bad I'm not really into this anymore...
                                                                                                                                General lack of interest in my town ;)

Stupid freinds and their manipulative ways...

Page 1 of 1
                                                                                                                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                                                                                                                • You cannot reply to this topic