• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sound Problems Help requested

#1   Golden Legacy 

• Can't touch this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:39 PM

First, a quick apology that I have not been as active as I usually am; at the moment, I only have a few spare moments, but rest assured that I have not left and I am still dedicated to GSSF.

That said, as the topic title suggests, something is wrong with the sound in my computer. Put simply, there isn't any. At first, I thought it was a problem with the speakers; but I replaced them with new ones and the problem persists.

The issue, it seems is that there is a missing or outdated "Sound Driver" on my computer. I am not sure where to retrieve one; my first guess was the Microsoft Update Website, but that proved futile.

That is all I could garner in the limited time I have; if I need to provide more details, I will do so at a later time; however, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated; thanks ahead of time.

#2   Andross 

• Disciple
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:51 PM

Specs specs and more specs. If we don't know wth your computer is, we can't help. Google CPU-Z or Everest Home for specs. It's probably drivers, but you need to know what your manufacturers are to get the driver (Microsoft is NOT a hardware manufacturer).

The other thing might be that you need a chipset update. Once again, that'll be dependent on your specs.

#3   Nick Presta 

• Master Adept
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Admin

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:13 AM

http://www.dll-files.com/

That might help if you're missing a specific file.

Page 1 of 1
        • You cannot start a new topic
        • You cannot reply to this topic